PDA

View Full Version : The NFL thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Acid Trip
12-23-2013, 04:56 PM
I can't believe the Cowboys won that game! Our playoff chances are alive and well!

Teh One Who Knocks
12-23-2013, 05:03 PM
Manning only needs 265 yards to get the single season passing yard mark and the Broncos only need 18 points to become the highest scoring team in NFL history.

DemonGeminiX
12-23-2013, 10:22 PM
I can't believe the Cowboys won that game! Our playoff chances are alive and well!

For now.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-23-2013, 10:27 PM
Just heard on the radio on the way home that Romo is out, Orton will play next week against the Eagles.

Acid Trip
12-23-2013, 10:30 PM
Just heard on the radio on the way home that Romo is out, Orton will play next week against the Eagles.

Yeah, a co-worker just told me that he's out for the season. Must investigate...

DemonGeminiX
12-23-2013, 10:33 PM
http://www.csnphilly.com/eagles/report-romo-out-season-back-injury

Back injury. Bad luck.

Acid Trip
12-23-2013, 10:37 PM
http://www.csnphilly.com/eagles/report-romo-out-season-back-injury

Back injury. Bad luck.

Our bad luck started with Vick getting hurt. It's just getting worse as the season rolls on :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-24-2013, 01:06 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/garrett-romo-not-ruled-philly-222944886--nfl.html

Now they're saying Romo may play.

Acid Trip
12-24-2013, 02:19 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/garrett-romo-not-ruled-philly-222944886--nfl.html

Now they're saying Romo may play.

Garrett says one thing and the media says the exact opposite. I'm starting to wonder if they are just messing with the Eagles.

FBD
12-24-2013, 09:24 PM
Anyone else see Donte Whitner light the fuck up out of Steven Jackson? That was a beautiful hit, perfectly legal, and the refs fucked with that game by helping Atlanta get their first td instead of being held to a field goal there. Not that it mattered in the end, but still. I hate it when poor refereeing alters the course of a game. Just because someone gets lit up doesnt automatically mean there needs to be a flag thrown, you asshole ref! Just because the QB decides to throw his receiver under the bus and put him in a reception-spot that equates to extreme lightup upon reception doesnt mean you need to reward the poor behavior.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/whit.gif

DemonGeminiX
12-24-2013, 09:35 PM
Garrett says one thing and the media says the exact opposite. I'm starting to wonder if they are just messing with the Eagles.

The Eagles did the same thing to the Cowboys earlier in the season with the whole Vick-Foles thing, back when there was still question and Vick was out.

I fully expect to see Kyle Orton on the field. If what's being reported is true, then the Cowboys will be complete fucking idiots to put Romo on the field in the shape he's in.

DemonGeminiX
12-26-2013, 11:22 AM
And the Cowboys have signed John Kitna as a 3rd string backup.

Acid Trip
12-26-2013, 02:32 PM
Anyone else see Donte Whitner light the fuck up out of Steven Jackson? That was a beautiful hit, perfectly legal, and the refs fucked with that game by helping Atlanta get their first td instead of being held to a field goal there. Not that it mattered in the end, but still. I hate it when poor refereeing alters the course of a game. Just because someone gets lit up doesnt automatically mean there needs to be a flag thrown, you asshole ref! Just because the QB decides to throw his receiver under the bus and put him in a reception-spot that equates to extreme lightup upon reception doesnt mean you need to reward the poor behavior.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/whit.gif

Did you see a play or two later when Whitner tried to tackle a prepared Jackson? Bounced off him like a rubber ball :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-26-2013, 02:36 PM
And now they are saying that it looks like Romo is out and that Orton will get the start.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-26-2013, 04:45 PM
:link: Bears quarterback Josh McCown unsure if he wants to play football after this season (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/bears-quarterback-josh-mccown-unsure-wants-play-football-153219324--nfl.html)

deebakes
12-26-2013, 06:47 PM
he is old :shrug:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-27-2013, 02:17 PM
Denver's 2014 opponents have been released:

http://i.imgur.com/0G0cfe6.png

Really? At New England again? This will be the third straight year we will have had to play the Patriots at Foxboro. How about sending those guys to Denver once in awhile FFS :|

Plus Seattle and San Francisco next year....brutal schedule.

RBP
12-27-2013, 02:43 PM
he is old :shrug:

You're old. :hand:

deebakes
12-27-2013, 02:46 PM
not that old :idk:

RBP
12-27-2013, 03:30 PM
Doesn't much matter, Dee. Cutler will suck again this week.

The Packers are going to fuck the bears harder than Rocco Siffredi pounds an 18 year old asshole. :x

Acid Trip
12-27-2013, 03:41 PM
Doesn't much matter, Dee. Cutler will suck again this week.

The Packers are going to fuck the bears harder than Rocco Siffredi pounds an 18 year old asshole. :x

Isn't Rodgers still injured?

DemonGeminiX
12-27-2013, 03:59 PM
Nope, he's starting this Sunday.

Acid Trip
12-27-2013, 04:32 PM
Then the Bears will definitely be taking it in the butt this weekend.

DemonGeminiX
12-28-2013, 01:08 AM
Well, it's official: Romo had back surgery and is out for the rest of the season.

DemonGeminiX
12-30-2013, 12:37 AM
Wow, Rodgers takes out the Bears on a 4th down hail mary.

DemonGeminiX
12-30-2013, 12:58 AM
Wow, Chargers beat the Chiefs in OT. It looks like Reid had all 2nd stringers in.

So the wild card round looks like this:

AFC:
6. Chargers @ 3. Bengals
5. Chiefs @ 4. Colts

1. Broncos and 2. Patriots get a first round bye

NFC:
6. Saints @ 3. Eagles/Cowboys winner
5. 49ers @ 4. Packers

1. Seahawks and 2. Panthers get a first round bye.

Loser
12-30-2013, 01:37 AM
Fking cutler, had two major openings to just run it, but the pansy didn't :facepalm:

Isn't his contract up this season?

RBP
12-30-2013, 01:47 AM
Fking cutler, had two major openings to just run it, but the pansy didn't :facepalm:

Isn't his contract up this season?

It is but they will probably re-sign him. I hope not, though.

DemonGeminiX
12-30-2013, 01:52 AM
Man, the Eagles' D sucks. They're not even covering/challenging the receivers.

DemonGeminiX
12-30-2013, 02:08 AM
Whoever wins this game is gonna get torn up by Brees and the Saints.

DemonGeminiX
12-30-2013, 03:23 AM
Our offensive line sucks too. :lol:

DemonGeminiX
12-30-2013, 03:47 AM
I can't believe this. 4th and goal, you give it to your best player. You give it to Shady and let him plow through the hole in the line into the end zone. Why try a bullshit QB sneak with their D on a goal line stance? Chip, you're killing me, man.

DemonGeminiX
12-30-2013, 04:24 AM
Dallas falls! Thank you, Boykin. :cheerlead:

Home vs the Saints next week.

And I think that's as far as we're gonna get in the playoffs. :lol:

DemonGeminiX
12-30-2013, 04:25 AM
So officially the wild card round is this:

AFC:
6. Chargers @ 3. Bengals
5. Chiefs @ 4. Colts

1. Broncos and 2. Patriots get a first round bye

NFC:
6. Saints @ 3. Eagles
5. 49ers @ 4. Packers

1. Seahawks and 2. Panthers get a first round bye.

DemonGeminiX
12-30-2013, 04:46 AM
I think I'll say Bengals, Chiefs, Saints, and 49ers.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-30-2013, 11:26 AM
Bengals
Saints
Pack
Colts

Acid Trip
12-30-2013, 03:25 PM
Orton channeled Romo for that last interception.

Under 2 minutes, down by 2, first down on the 35. What would Romo do? Throw a pick!

And then it happened.

DemonGeminiX
12-30-2013, 04:28 PM
Thank you. :thumbsup:

DemonGeminiX
12-30-2013, 04:45 PM
Head coaches fall: The Redskins fired Shanahan. The Vikings fired Frazier. The Browns fired Chudzinski.

DemonGeminiX
12-30-2013, 04:50 PM
Tampa Bay fired Schiano and the GM.

DemonGeminiX
12-30-2013, 04:52 PM
And curiously enough, after reports said that he told his team he was going to be fired, Rex Ryan will coach the Jets next year.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-30-2013, 06:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/pfur8PE.jpg

How 'bout them Broncos :cheers:

Most TD passes by a QB in NFL history (record not just broken, but shattered)

Most passing yards by a QB in NFL history

Highest scoring offense, and only team to ever score more than 600 points, in NFL history

:banana:

DemonGeminiX
12-30-2013, 06:05 PM
The Lions fired Schwartz.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-30-2013, 07:32 PM
Looks like San Diego may not have deserved the last playoff spot in the AFC...league admits the officials blew the call on the missed FG by the Chiefs that would have won the game. KC should have had a chance to re-kick after the penalty that wasn't called.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-30-2013, 07:33 PM
And Manning now only needs 18 TD'd next season to break Favre's all time career TD pass total.

FBD
12-30-2013, 07:42 PM
Looks like San Diego may not have deserved the last playoff spot in the AFC...league admits the officials blew the call on the missed FG by the Chiefs that would have won the game. KC should have had a chance to re-kick after the penalty that wasn't called.

that wasnt the only play...they called a ball that touched the ground a reception in the cowboys eagles game last night too. 4th and 8 instead of 4th and 3....like it mattered...but still...

(reception behind line of scrimmage)

Acid Trip
12-30-2013, 08:16 PM
Refs were making all kinds of bad calls yesterday. Someone got a delay of game call that never should have happened. When the play ended the play clock only reset to 25 seconds and the refs called it. The announcers realized it but nobody bothered to tell the officials. It was a critical part of the game too.

Edit: It was the cowboys game. Needed the gif to job my memory.

http://i.imgur.com/rOb3cKK.gif

DemonGeminiX
12-30-2013, 10:53 PM
Yeah, that was really messed up. The TV analysts saw it right away. It's too bad they can't call down to the field and tell the refs that somebody fucked up.

DemonGeminiX
12-31-2013, 05:05 AM
I don't get why the Vikings would want to interview Jack Del Rio for a head coaching position. For one thing, Denver's defense is bad. For a second thing, the Jaguars were absolutely horrible when Del Rio was the head coach there. Even while he was subbing for John Fox in Denver, you can't reasonably say that their performance was indicative of Del Rio's coaching abilities. Peyton can run the offense by himself. And he probably does, even with Fox as the head coach.

DemonGeminiX
12-31-2013, 05:59 AM
I also would like to add that somebody NEEDS to hire Lovie Smith. I think the Bears made a sever mistake firing him last season. They had a winning record for Christ's sake.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-31-2013, 11:25 AM
I also would like to add that somebody NEEDS to hire Lovie Smith. I think the Bears made a sever mistake firing him last season. They had a winning record for Christ's sake.

A sever mistake? Were they trying to cut off his head and they cut his arm off instead? :-k

:nana:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-31-2013, 11:26 AM
I don't get why the Vikings would want to interview Jack Del Rio for a head coaching position. For one thing, Denver's defense is bad. For a second thing, the Jaguars were absolutely horrible when Del Rio was the head coach there. Even while he was subbing for John Fox in Denver, you can't reasonably say that their performance was indicative of Del Rio's coaching abilities. Peyton can run the offense by himself. And he probably does, even with Fox as the head coach.

I agree with you, but the problem in the NFL is, there are only so many people out there ready to step into a head coaching position. I would think that Del Rio would be more of an interim kinda guy, not a choice to be a 'permanent' head coach.

DemonGeminiX
12-31-2013, 11:47 AM
There's more job openings: Head coach Mike Smith took it upon himself to fire the offensive line and defensive line coaches of the Atlanta Falcons. Smith said that defensive coordinator Mike Nolan, offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter, and special teams coordinator Keith Armstrong will return next season.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-31-2013, 01:22 PM
Here is the full listing of home and away opponents for every team in the league:

AFC EAST

Buffalo Bills
Home: Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers, Cleveland Browns, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings
Away: Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, Houston Texans, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions

Miami Dolphins
Home: Buffalo Bills, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers, Baltimore Ravens, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings
Away: Buffalo Bills, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, Jacksonville Jaguars, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions

New England Patriots
Home: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions
Away: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers, Indianapolis Colts, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings

New York Jets
Home: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, Pittsburgh Steelers, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions
Away: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers, Tennessee Titans, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings

AFC NORTH

Baltimore Ravens
Home: Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, San Diego Chargers, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers
Away: Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Miami Dolphins, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Cincinnati Bengals
Home: Baltimore Ravens, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Denver Broncos, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers
Away: Baltimore Ravens, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, New England Patriots, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Cleveland Browns
Home: Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Pittsburgh Steelers, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Oakland Raiders, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Away: Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Pittsburgh Steelers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Buffalo Bills, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers

Pittsburgh Steelers
Home: Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Kansas City Chiefs, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Away: Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, New York Jets, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers

AFC SOUTH

Houston Texans
Home: Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Buffalo Bills, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins
Away: Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Oakland Raiders, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants

Indianapolis Colts
Home: Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins
Away: Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Denver Broncos, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants

Jacksonville Jaguars
Home: Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Tennessee Titans, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Miami Dolphins, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants
Away: Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Tennessee Titans, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, San Diego Chargers, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins

Tennessee Titans
Home: Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, New York Jets, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants
Away: Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Kansas City Chiefs, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins

AFC WEST

Denver Broncos
Home: Kansas City Chiefs, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Indianapolis Colts, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers
Away: Kansas City Chiefs, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Cincinnati Bengals, St. Louis Rams, Seattle Seahawks

Kansas City Chiefs
Home: Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Tennessee Titans, St. Louis Rams, Seattle Seahawks
Away: Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Chargers, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Pittsburgh Steelers, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers

Oakland Raiders
Home: Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Houston Texans, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers
Away: Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Cleveland Browns, St. Louis Rams, Seattle Seahawks

San Diego Chargers
Home: Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, Oakland Raiders, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Jacksonville Jaguars, St. Louis Rams, Seattle Seahawks
Away: Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, Oakland Raiders, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Baltimore Ravens, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers

NFC EAST

Dallas Cowboys
Home: New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers, New Orleans Saints, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts
Away: New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, St. Louis Rams, Seattle Seahawks, Chicago Bears, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans

New York Giants
Home: Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers, Atlanta Falcons, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts
Away: Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, St. Louis Rams, Seattle Seahawks, Detroit Lions, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans

Philadelphia Eagles
Home: Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Washington Redskins, St. Louis Rams, Seattle Seahawks, Carolina Panthers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans
Away: Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Washington Redskins, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers, Green Bay Packers, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts

Washington Redskins
Home: Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, St. Louis Rams, Seattle Seahawks, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans
Away: Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers, Minnesota Vikings, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts

NFC NORTH

Chicago Bears
Home: Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Dallas Cowboys, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins
Away: Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, San Francisco 49ers, New England Patriots, New York Jets

Detroit Lions
Home: Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, New York Giants, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins
Away: Chicago Bears,Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Arizona Cardinals, New England Patriots, New York Jets

Green Bay Packers
Home: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Philadelphia Eagles, New England Patriots, New York Jets
Away: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Seattle Seahawks, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins

Minnesota Vikings
Home: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Washington Redskins, New England Patriots, New York Jets
Away: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, St. Louis Rams, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins

NFC SOUTH

Atlanta Falcons
Home: Carolina Panthers, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Arizona Cardinals, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers
Away: Carolina Panthers, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, New York Giants, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals

Carolina Panthers
Home: Atlanta Falcons, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Seattle Seahawks, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers
Away: Atlanta Falcons, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Philadelphia Eagles, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals

New Orleans Saints
Home: Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, San Francisco 49ers, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals
Away: Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Dallas Cowboys, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Home: Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, New Orleans Saints, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, St. Louis Rams, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals
Away: Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, New Orleans Saints, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Washington Redskins, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers

NFC WEST

Arizona Cardinals
Home: St. Louis Rams, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Detroit Lions, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers
Away: St. Louis Rams, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Atlanta Falcons, Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders

San Francisco 49ers
Home: Arizona Cardinals, St. Louis Rams, Seattle Seahawks, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Chicago Bears, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers
Away: Arizona Cardinals, St. Louis Rams, Seattle Seahawks, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, New Orleans Saints, Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders

Seattle Seahawks
Home: Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers, St. Louis Rams, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Green Bay Packers, Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders
Away: Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers, St. Louis Rams, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Carolina Panthers, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers

St. Louis Rams
Home: Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Minnesota Vikings, Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders
Away: Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers

DemonGeminiX
01-01-2014, 11:54 AM
It's official: The Houston Texans have hired Penn State's Bill O'Brien to take over duties as head coach.

deebakes
01-01-2014, 02:22 PM
In a way I feel like O'Brien should have stuck it out a little longer with Penn State during their rebuilding stage, but I guess you can't blame the guy for moving on after inheriting such a shit show there in "happy valley" :idk:

DemonGeminiX
01-01-2014, 02:39 PM
Their program's gonna have a black cloud over its head for a long time to come.

deebakes
01-01-2014, 03:05 PM
and the worst days (football performance wise) will probably be in the next couple of years when the lack of recruits will be hitting them the hardest :shrug:

DemonGeminiX
01-01-2014, 03:24 PM
Definitely.

DemonGeminiX
01-02-2014, 05:39 AM
Lovie Smith is gonna be the new head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Acid Trip
01-02-2014, 08:20 PM
Cutler got a contract extension through 2020?! He's 31 and has had a ho-hum career so far! What are they thinking?!

Won't be worried about the Bears being competitive for awhile. :lol:

DemonGeminiX
01-02-2014, 10:17 PM
The Bears' owners are morons.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-02-2014, 10:57 PM
:lmao:

RBP
01-02-2014, 11:28 PM
I am not going to disagree. 7 more years of a part-time mediocre cry baby bitch. :woot:

The ownership was hailing his improvements and leadership this year. :wha: Really? He only played 8 complete games and his back up had a quarterback rating 20 points higher then him. 89 v 109.

He's 15th among active QBs. That's mediocrity by definition!!

$50M+ guaranteed.

:facepalm:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-02-2014, 11:39 PM
http://i.imgur.com/hC6Smwh.png

RBP
01-02-2014, 11:41 PM
I thought McCown was 3rd... :-k

deebakes
01-03-2014, 01:25 AM
wow :shock:

FBD
01-03-2014, 01:53 AM
Cutler got a contract extension through 2020?! He's 31 and has had a ho-hum career so far! What are they thinking?!

*looks at calendar*

:haha:

FBD
01-03-2014, 01:53 AM

*looks at calendar*

RBP
01-03-2014, 06:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1see3Ih-fY

RBP
01-03-2014, 07:34 AM
Jesus, so many people defending this deal. I don't get it. He's mediocre. He's 31. The backup outperformed him this year. So let's invest $125 million. :woot:

DemonGeminiX
01-03-2014, 08:17 AM
A 7 year deal? So in reality, you're gonna get 3 years out of him at best because he's gonna be out with a pussy injury more than half the time.

It's too bad McCown retired. I hope you guys get a good backup.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-03-2014, 10:41 AM
:-k :-k

Maybe since the Bears like the Broncos QB castoff's so much, they should sign Tebow as the back-up, I hear he's available and looking for an NFL gig :tup:

DemonGeminiX
01-03-2014, 12:14 PM
:hand:

The Bears don't need another tight end.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-03-2014, 12:17 PM
He's a quarterback, ask him, he'll tell you :nono:

DemonGeminiX
01-03-2014, 01:09 PM
Honey Boo Boo would be a better QB than Tim Tight End Tebow.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-03-2014, 01:18 PM
Honey Boo Boo wouldn't be able to see over the offensive line :hand:

DemonGeminiX
01-03-2014, 01:40 PM
And she'd still be a better QB than Tim Tight End Tebow.

:lol:

DemonGeminiX
01-05-2014, 02:33 AM
28 points down, man. :lol:

deebakes
01-05-2014, 02:40 AM
crazy, i had almost given up hope for the colts on that one :lol:

DemonGeminiX
01-05-2014, 04:09 AM
Man, our D sucks. Can't even tackle.

:|

DemonGeminiX
01-05-2014, 04:21 AM
Oh well. Good game. Not bad for a rookie coach. The season could've ended up a lot worse. At least we've got something to build off of.

deebakes
01-05-2014, 04:22 AM
:empathy:

DemonGeminiX
01-05-2014, 09:17 PM
The Chargers take out the Bengals.

San Diego is going up against Denver
Indianapolis is taking on New England

KevinD
01-05-2014, 11:22 PM
Hmm, Texan's new head coach just fired Wade Phillips (among 7 others) Oh well, maybe Reliant stadium tickets will be cheap next year so I can take my nephews. Just signed the oldest one (17) up for a 3 night 4 day Brian Cushing defensive training camp.

FBD
01-06-2014, 02:32 AM
amazing colts comeback
cant wait to see san fran & carolina next week

deebakes
01-06-2014, 02:36 AM
nice work packers :fail:

RBP
01-06-2014, 02:43 AM
nice work packers :fail:

Fudge Packers!

DemonGeminiX
01-06-2014, 09:09 AM
NFC
New Orleans Saints at Seattle Seahawks (Saturday, 4:35 p.m. ET on FOX)
San Francisco 49ers at Carolina Panthers (Sunday, 1:05 p.m. ET on FOX)

AFC
Indianapolis Colts at New England Patriots (Saturday, 8:15 p.m. ET on CBS)
San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos (Sunday, 4:40 p.m. ET on CBS)

Teh One Who Knocks
01-06-2014, 11:28 AM
Bengals
Saints
Pack
Colts

50% :(

DemonGeminiX
01-06-2014, 12:11 PM
The only one I got right was the Saints, so you did better than me.

DemonGeminiX
01-06-2014, 12:12 PM
Anywho,

Seahawks
49ers
Colts
Broncos

Teh One Who Knocks
01-06-2014, 03:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P--oOKU0s0

Saints fan Nick Scelfo was at the Linc to watch his team win on a field goal as time expired. He recorded the moments after the Eagles lost, celebrating while being surrounded by Philly fans. Most of them ignored him, but one fan near him said, "I'm gonna spit in your face," a second before following through with his promise.

The video stops right after the spit, but Scelfo—a tight end at Nicholls State—said he ended up fighting the Eagles fan before police showed up.

DemonGeminiX
01-06-2014, 04:13 PM
Classy. :thumbsup:

Are you surprised that I don't want to go back?

DemonGeminiX
01-06-2014, 09:24 PM
Lance posted vbookie events for the divisional games this weekend.

Hugh_Janus
01-06-2014, 09:27 PM
when's the superbowl?

DemonGeminiX
01-06-2014, 09:41 PM
February

DemonGeminiX
01-11-2014, 08:58 PM
They're saying in an article that there was a dustup between the teams in Seattle during warm-ups. Should make for an interesting game.

Godfather
01-12-2014, 12:51 AM
Seahawwwwwkss :dance:

FBD
01-12-2014, 03:50 PM
Woulda been a blowout if Wilson hadnt kept throwing behind his receivers

DemonGeminiX
01-12-2014, 08:45 PM
This game's boring.

deebakes
01-12-2014, 08:52 PM
way to show up carolina :x

DemonGeminiX
01-12-2014, 09:05 PM
:meh:

DemonGeminiX
01-13-2014, 12:55 AM
Good job, Denver.

:tup:

DemonGeminiX
01-13-2014, 01:04 AM
So, it's gonna be:

AFC Championship:
New England @ Denver
Sunday, January 19th @ 3:00pm EST

NFC Championship:
San Francisco @ Seattle
Sunday, January 19th @ 6:30pm EST

That New England-Denver game's gonna be insane. It looks like New England's running game has been rebooted into monster mode. They ran all over the place against the Colts yesterday.

deebakes
01-13-2014, 01:05 AM
both games are going to be great i think :shrug:

DemonGeminiX
01-13-2014, 01:07 AM
I hope Seattle beats the crap out of San Francisco.

deebakes
01-13-2014, 01:11 AM
i guess i don't really care who wins that game :shrug:

DemonGeminiX
01-13-2014, 01:18 AM
I don't know why, but I'm just hating on the 49ers right now. For some odd reason, Kaepernick seems like a douchebag to me.

RBP
01-13-2014, 01:51 AM
I don't know why, but I'm just hating on the 49ers right now. For some odd reason, Kaepernick seems like a douchebag to me.

I am pretty sure kissing his biceps screams "douchebag."

Teh One Who Knocks
01-13-2014, 11:53 AM
It was funny last night on Shameless...Fiona (the female lead) was going to the Bears game and asked her brother if he had a Bears jersey or t-shirt she could wear. He said he had a "Fuck Jay Cutler" t-shirt, but it might have a little blood on it.

RBP
01-13-2014, 12:01 PM

Acid Trip
01-13-2014, 06:46 PM
Anyone need me to root for a team? It's guaranteed to make them lose. I'm perfect so far this playoffs.

FBD
01-13-2014, 09:49 PM
heh, yeah, I decided to root for carolina shortly after the game started

DemonGeminiX
01-14-2014, 01:44 AM
Y'all can root for San Francisco and New England.

:thumbsup:

FBD
01-14-2014, 10:30 PM
ok :lol:

Godfather
01-19-2014, 06:16 PM
Let's go Seahawks :dance:

Wish I could join the few thousands Vancouverites driving down for the game but it's a long way to go and tickets are steep. Oh well, it's going to be a good day at home on the couch watching these games.

DemonGeminiX
01-19-2014, 11:07 PM
The Broncos are headed to the Super Bowl.

deebakes
01-19-2014, 11:48 PM
go peyton go :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-20-2014, 01:16 AM
How 'bout them Broncos! :banana:

DemonGeminiX
01-20-2014, 02:54 AM
The Seahawks are going to the Super Bowl.

DemonGeminiX
01-20-2014, 02:55 AM
And how about that guy, Sherman? What a classy display.

KevinD
01-20-2014, 02:56 AM
Two good games. 49ers did get robbed on the "fumble" call.

Muddy
01-20-2014, 02:57 AM
And how about that guy, Sherman? What a classy display.

Yeah i saw that.. Pump down Hos.. You look like an idiot for your team...

DemonGeminiX
01-20-2014, 03:01 AM
It seems you gotta be a thug punk to get into the NFL these days.

Muddy
01-20-2014, 03:06 AM
It seems you gotta be a thug punk to get into the NFL these days.

The QB seems like a class act though..

DemonGeminiX
01-20-2014, 03:11 AM
I haven't seen him say anything yet so I don't know...

deebakes
01-20-2014, 03:27 AM
:crazy:

my 10 year old and i were watching the game together and after that interview of sherman he turned to me and said, "what's the matter with that guy? they won :shrug: "

Yt Trash
01-20-2014, 10:10 AM
http://i.imgur.com/9KWbHFC.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
01-20-2014, 02:41 PM
http://i.imgur.com/do4rkIN.gif

:banana: :dance: :banana: :dance:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-20-2014, 03:14 PM
By Josh Katzowitz | NFL Writer - CBS Sports

http://i.imgur.com/VbN359e.gif

For the second straight season, the loss of Aqib Talib during the AFC title game affected the way the Patriots defense played the rest of the game, and not coincidentally, New England, without its No. 1 cornerback, lost to the Ravens last year and to the Broncos on Sunday.

As soon as Talib, who collided with Wes Welker while trailing Demaryius Thomas on a crossing route, was injured and had to leave the game, Denver quarterback Peyton Manning begin targeting Welker and cornerback Devin McCourty.

On Monday, Patriots coach Bill Belichick said in his postseason press conference that Welker -- Belichick's former player who contributed mightily to New England for many seasons, mind you -- deliberately hurt Talib.

"The way that play turned out, I went back and watched it, which I didn't have a chance to [Sunday]," Belichick said Monday morning, via ESPN Boston. "It was a deliberate play by the receiver to take out Aqib. No attempt to get open. I'll let the league handle the discipline on that play, whatever they decide. It's one of the worst plays I've seen."

Judge for yourself here, via Larry Brown Sports.

http://i.imgur.com/aCcrUuB.gif

While it appeared as though Welker was trying to pick or rub Talib to throw him off Thomas' route, he was not penalized for pass interference. Probably because of this:

http://i.imgur.com/gDYS2Iq.png

Either way, it's a pretty nasty thing for Belichick to say about his former player unless he knows for sure that Welker was trying to harm Talib and knock him out of the game. Besides, there's also this:

http://i.imgur.com/tBFhXj3.png

Teh One Who Knocks
01-20-2014, 05:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/cMnmxTO.jpg

PorkChopSandwiches
01-20-2014, 05:58 PM
http://i.imgur.com/do4rkIN.gif

:banana: :dance: :banana: :dance:

Guess he'll just have to go fuck his hot wife now, poor guy

DemonGeminiX
01-20-2014, 06:00 PM
Sherman ranting and raving reminded me of Mr. T back in his heyday.

I pity the fool, sucker!

Teh One Who Knocks
01-20-2014, 06:04 PM
Guess he'll just have to go fuck his hot wife now, poor guy

http://i.imgur.com/QEn3cdE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rpq9uLV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VYDHWLC.jpg

Manning's wife may not be a super model, but she's not exactly ugly either. He gets to fuck her AND go to the Super Bowl :nana:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-20-2014, 06:05 PM
Sherman ranting and raving reminded me of Mr. T back in his heyday.

I pity the fool, sucker!

He's such an asshat, I hope he gets burned by Manning and DT early and often.

PorkChopSandwiches
01-20-2014, 06:06 PM
Yeah i saw that.. Pump down Hos.. You look like an idiot for your team...

No kidding :roll:

http://youtu.be/elatO5E8pGs

Goofy
01-20-2014, 06:14 PM
Apparently this pic is relevant :-k

http://i.imgur.com/qUHBky9.jpg

DemonGeminiX
01-20-2014, 06:19 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/judging-by-twitter-richard-sherman-made-an-impression-on-folks-012014

Hal-9000
01-20-2014, 10:10 PM
By Josh Katzowitz | NFL Writer - CBS Sports

http://i.imgur.com/VbN359e.gif

For the second straight season, the loss of Aqib Talib during the AFC title game affected the way the Patriots defense played the rest of the game, and not coincidentally, New England, without its No. 1 cornerback, lost to the Ravens last year and to the Broncos on Sunday.

As soon as Talib, who collided with Wes Welker while trailing Demaryius Thomas on a crossing route, was injured and had to leave the game, Denver quarterback Peyton Manning begin targeting Welker and cornerback Devin McCourty.

On Monday, Patriots coach Bill Belichick said in his postseason press conference that Welker -- Belichick's former player who contributed mightily to New England for many seasons, mind you -- deliberately hurt Talib.

"The way that play turned out, I went back and watched it, which I didn't have a chance to [Sunday]," Belichick said Monday morning, via ESPN Boston. "It was a deliberate play by the receiver to take out Aqib. No attempt to get open. I'll let the league handle the discipline on that play, whatever they decide. It's one of the worst plays I've seen."

Judge for yourself here, via Larry Brown Sports.

http://i.imgur.com/aCcrUuB.gif

While it appeared as though Welker was trying to pick or rub Talib to throw him off Thomas' route, he was not penalized for pass interference. Probably because of this:

http://i.imgur.com/gDYS2Iq.png

Either way, it's a pretty nasty thing for Belichick to say about his former player unless he knows for sure that Welker was trying to harm Talib and knock him out of the game. Besides, there's also this:

http://i.imgur.com/tBFhXj3.png

Didn't see that game or the issue, but in that gif....number 83 made an illegal downfield block/tackle on 31...

KevinD
01-21-2014, 03:38 AM
Sherman got his payback a bit later:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl4ViIwy7KA

KevinD
01-21-2014, 03:39 AM
As for the Welker/Talib collision, I think Welker was going for the pick, no doubt. I don't think he deliberately hurt Talib. IMHO, Welker has far too much class for that.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-21-2014, 11:35 AM
Roger Goodell, NFL considering eliminating extra points (http://msn.foxsports.com/ohio/story/roger-goodell-nfl-considering-eliminating-extra-points-012014)

FBD
01-21-2014, 12:33 PM
what the fk? someone go break goodell's fingers.

teabelly
01-21-2014, 03:59 PM
http://i.imgur.com/q9Oaa4b.jpg

Acid Trip
01-21-2014, 04:01 PM
What chu gon do boy?

Imma punch you in your fuckin face.

Go on, do it den.

*Smack*

He asked for it...

FBD
01-21-2014, 04:08 PM
As for the Welker/Talib collision, I think Welker was going for the pick, no doubt. I don't think he deliberately hurt Talib. IMHO, Welker has far too much class for that.

I agree, but it still was flag worthy, ineligible for OPI but unnecessary roughness is always available

Hal-9000
01-21-2014, 08:17 PM
http://i.imgur.com/q9Oaa4b.jpg

that is pretty good :lol:

Hal-9000
01-21-2014, 08:20 PM
Roger Goodell, NFL considering eliminating extra points (http://msn.foxsports.com/ohio/story/roger-goodell-nfl-considering-eliminating-extra-points-012014)

this suggestion is interesting...

"How about making the two point conversion three points? That would give any coach pause -- a safe one or risky three."

it would certainly change the game and leave the 'auto' extra point in....

Teh One Who Knocks
01-21-2014, 08:23 PM
I do wish the NFL would adopt one rule from the CFL and force teams to run the ball out of the end zone (if they field it) or give up a point. I like that rule...it gets boring watching kick returners field the ball and take a knee and then bring the ball out to the 20.

Hal-9000
01-21-2014, 08:37 PM
I do wish the NFL would adopt one rule from the CFL and force teams to run the ball out of the end zone (if they field it) or give up a point. I like that rule...it gets boring watching kick returners field the ball and take a knee and then bring the ball out to the 20.

yeah there's good and bad in both leagues...I agree with that rule because taking a knee costs...

but we do have too many 1 point rules....ffs you could get a point for getting the ball past the 50 a few years ago :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
01-21-2014, 08:47 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl4ViIwy7KA

So whos the douchbag now

Hal-9000
01-21-2014, 08:56 PM
:hand: dude's name is Trent, he be awesome

FBD
01-21-2014, 08:59 PM

:-k that one was from a couple weeks ago, redskins game

Hal-9000
01-21-2014, 09:07 PM
I see Sherman as the annoying kid in the playground always pointing his chin out and saying - You wanna hit me? C'mon hit me!

PorkChopSandwiches
01-21-2014, 09:08 PM
You are blinded by your 49er love

Hal-9000
01-21-2014, 09:14 PM
Always :)

while I feel that any professional athlete should be able to rise above taunting and keep his cool on national TV, as mentioned....there's things that Sherman does in the background that prompt a lot of bad blood :lol:

:instigator:

Hal-9000
01-21-2014, 09:16 PM
he's a good back but I will not mind seeing Denver's offense burn him and burn him often :thumbsup:

Godfather
01-23-2014, 05:00 AM
So Sherman was mik'd up during the game. This is what he said to Crabtree to get smacked in the face. Doesn't sound like he instigated to me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psH6WWgrEz4

Also this video on Sherman offers some insight into where he comes from, who he is. I like him a lot more after watching it, changed my mind a little.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-presents/0ap2000000254372/NFL-Films-Presents-The-trash-talking-cornerback

Teh One Who Knocks
01-23-2014, 01:38 PM
So Sherman was mik'd up during the game. This is what he said to Crabtree to get smacked in the face. Doesn't sound like he instigated to me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psH6WWgrEz4

Also this video on Sherman offers some insight into where he comes from, who he is. I like him a lot more after watching it, changed my mind a little.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-presents/0ap2000000254372/NFL-Films-Presents-The-trash-talking-cornerback

Sorry, he's still an asshat....and this dude agrees as well: http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/22/opinion/moore-sherman-deserves-criticism/index.html

Teh One Who Knocks
01-23-2014, 01:39 PM
By The Sports Xchange

The NFL head of officiating confirmed Wednesday that Denver Broncos wide receiver Wes Welker's block on New England Patriots cornerback Aqib Talib in Sunday's AFC Championship game was a legal hit.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick had complained that the block was illegal and a "deliberate play by the receiver."

NFL's top official, Dean Blandino, said Welker's hit didn't violate league rules, although it knocked Talib out of the AFC title game.

"Under the current rules, this is a legal play," Blandino said, via Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.

The NFL's Competition Committee could look at such hits during the offseason and consider a rules change that would protect defensive players from getting hit by one receiver while they are trailing another receiver.

Talib left the game in the second quarter with what was initially announced by the Patriots as a rib injury. The Patriots said 10 minutes later Talib suffered a knee injury.

"I was asked about the hit on Talib and I feel badly for Aqib the way that play turned out," Belichick said Monday. "I went back and watched it, which I didn't have a chance to do yesterday. I think it was a deliberate play by the receiver to take out Aqib; no attempt to get open. I'll let the league handle the discipline on that play; it's not for me to decide, but it's one of the worst plays I've seen."

Welker said Sunday the contact was unintentional, and definitely not malicious.

"It was one of those plays where it's kind of a rough play and I was trying to get him to go over the top, and I think he was thinking the same thing and wanted to come underneath and we just kind of collided," Welker said Sunday from his locker. "It wasn't a deal where I was trying to hit him or anything like that. I hope he's OK, he's a great player and a big part of their defense."

The "pick" play, on which receivers run crossing or drag routes in opposite directions to advtertently create traffic for defensive players to avoid, is not legal.

According to the NFL rulebook, the reception and offending block or pick in question must clearly occur in a specific order to warrant a penalty.

================================================== =====

So suck it Belicheck and quit your whining

Teh One Who Knocks
01-23-2014, 04:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/QZIT2ul.jpg

DemonGeminiX
01-23-2014, 05:16 PM
She's purdy.

Acid Trip
01-23-2014, 05:30 PM
She's purdy.

Yuck. She's got a crater face covered in gobs of make up.

DemonGeminiX
01-23-2014, 06:07 PM
Really?

I've got my resolution set to 800x600 (my monitor sucks) and pics and videos get auto downsized to fit the screen.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-23-2014, 07:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/vv5YSpU.jpg

Some advice Richard Sherman could use....

Hal-9000
01-23-2014, 09:39 PM
Really?

I've got my resolution set to 800x600 (my monitor sucks) and pics and videos get auto downsized to fit the screen.

welcome to 1998, squeegee kid

DemonGeminiX
01-24-2014, 12:18 AM
So basically, Sherman went up to Crabtree and stuck out his hand saying, "Helluva game"?

So Crabtree was the real douchebag here.

deebakes
01-24-2014, 01:00 AM
if sherman is going to play the "emotions were high" bullshit for his antics after the game, imagine how crabtree was feeling knowing that their season was over immediately after that play?

FBD
01-24-2014, 10:01 PM
So basically, Sherman went up to Crabtree and stuck out his hand saying, "Helluva game"?

So Crabtree was the real douchebag here.

I think the thing is, if Sherman missed that ball, Crabtree catches it for the TD and win...

...and Crabtree goes up to Sherman and says HELLUVA GAME!

...you think Sherman's saying anything aside from "Fuck you, Asshole"

DemonGeminiX
01-25-2014, 03:54 AM
Ok, so they're both punk ass douchebags.

deebakes
01-25-2014, 04:16 AM
:agreed:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-25-2014, 06:47 PM
Now another of the asshats in the Seattle secondary is flappin' his gums...saying Welker got away with the hit against Talib because of "who he is" :roll:

DemonGeminiX
01-25-2014, 07:35 PM
Next thing you know, they'll be saying he got away with it because he's white.

FBD
01-25-2014, 08:09 PM
Now another of the asshats in the Seattle secondary is flappin' his gums...saying Welker got away with the hit against Talib because of "who he is" :roll:

and once again people are all up in arms for the sole reason the mofo got hurt. nobody woulda said shit if talib got back up and was totally fine.

DemonGeminiX
01-25-2014, 09:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRqKYXcL-2U

FBD
01-26-2014, 01:38 PM
not as funny as the original, but thx

Teh One Who Knocks
01-27-2014, 01:56 PM
Oh FFS if I have to hear one more story about the weather on the day of the Super Bowl, I'm gonna shoot someone. Weather, weather, weather....they keep saying that if weather is a factor, then the best team might not win. Bullshit, football is an outdoor in the weather sport, it's the teams that can best adjust for any situation that are the best.

Why do they allow the AFC and NFC Championship games to be played outside? Don't they want the best teams to be represented in the Super Bowl? What if weather was a factor and the best team didn't win and made it to the Super Bowl? :rolleyes:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-29-2014, 01:17 PM
http://i.imgur.com/wQ3Q9Dj.png

http://i.imgur.com/Y3s61r4.png

Teh One Who Knocks
01-31-2014, 02:32 PM
News 4 Colorado

http://i.imgur.com/RPzutTa.jpg

DENVER (CBS4) – The Super Bowl is getting closer — maybe closer to Denver. So here’s a good question: can Denver get the Super Bowl? John Elway puts faith in the fans.

“Well the Denver Broncos and the city have given the NFL a bid application for 2019, 2020,” Visit Denver’s Tim Litherland said.

First they have to ask if they can bid with that application, according to Litherland.

“And so based on the success of what happens in New Jersey here in February, the NFL will decide, ‘Do we include Denver?’ “ he said.

The New York-New Jersey area bowl is setting up to be a real test. The NFL’s owners waived the so-called 50 degree rule to agree to the Super Bowl in the New York-New Jersey area.

“If you could have it in New York, you could have it here. New York is freezing,” a Broncos fan said.

“That seems to be the hurdle that most people are afraid of,” Litherland said.

Cold weather cities are lining up if things go well this year. Then the sell is on. Denver has plenty of hotel rooms and has done big events, even at Sports Authority Field at Mile High, like the Democratic National Convention.

“It was a wild success,” Litherland said.

Denver may have a reach, but Denver and Colorado have selling points and the desire.

Dr. Woody Eckard is a professor of economics at the University of Colorado Denver. He looked at the potential for the Super Bowl in Denver and what it would do economically for the city.

“The likely economic impact is a lot less than the estimates that you often see, particularly those that come from the NFL or the other sporting promoters,” Eckard said.

The NFL estimates that the benefit of the current Super Bowl is around $600 billion. But independent economic estimates over the years have found that those NFL estimates are exaggerated substantially. However, a Super Bowl in Denver would definitely be a benefit to the city and state.

deebakes
02-01-2014, 01:43 AM
Simpsons predicted Broncos-Seahawks Super Bowl in 2005

http://i59.tinypic.com/zt6pux.jpg

Las Vegas currently has the Broncos as 2.5-point favorites, which certainly seems reasonable when you have Peyton Manning leading the league's best offense against the Legion of Boom and the league's top-ranked defense. Turns out, the betting line should be 5 because, well, the Simpsons predicted the final score back in 2005.

FBD
02-01-2014, 03:44 PM
So long as Wilson isnt throwing behind his receivers, the Seahawks are going to win. I told my buddy at work Peyton's getting picked twice, once by Sherman, just to razz him and get him fired up :lol:

I'll wait until mid first quarter to decide who I want to win though :lol:

Hal-9000
02-03-2014, 03:20 AM
only two of my predictions came true...Sherman would be silent and Sherman would be golf carted out of the game

:(

some observations from a neutral sideline:

Manning called constant audibles...not sure if the Seahawk defense was that good, looked to me that the Broncos were unprepared on every series
Manning threw some bad balls, both long and into the fingers/hands of the defenders. He still had a good completion record, yet played badly IMO
Wilson can throw the ball, made some perfect throws. Yet his stats only show his rushing yards...quite the paradox when you compare both QB's performances on paper.
Harvin can fookin run...on his kick return it wasn't just blinding speed, he made two great cuts to get in.
Bronco's defense couldn't tackle a grandma on an electric cart....holy.
Not sure why Denver kept trying slow developing screens and short wide outs when you're over 20 points down.Seattle had good coverage downfield but you gotta stretch man to man to get anything.
Defense does win football games.
I didn't see much from the Broncos trying to use the clock or get out of bounds. They looked tired all game compared to the Seahawks.
It didn't turn into a chippy, cheap shot-fest. Kudos to Denver for holding it together.

Hal-9000
02-03-2014, 03:50 AM
strangely....I was impressed by the Bruno Mars show. Dude can sing and dance

Godfather
02-03-2014, 04:27 AM

Ya I'm not a fan but that was one of the most well done half time shows in a few years.

DemonGeminiX
02-03-2014, 07:39 AM
I love the Chili Peppers but when they came up on stage all I could think of was "How exciting this would be if it was 1992."

redred
02-03-2014, 08:08 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ggebO2q.png

Teh One Who Knocks
02-03-2014, 11:40 AM

Ya I'm not a fan but that was one of the most well done half time shows in a few years.

:gay:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-03-2014, 11:42 AM
only two of my predictions came true...Sherman would be silent and Sherman would be golf carted out of the game

:(

some observations from a neutral sideline:

Manning called constant audibles...not sure if the Seahawk defense was that good, looked to me that the Broncos were unprepared on every series
Manning threw some bad balls, both long and into the fingers/hands of the defenders. He still had a good completion record, yet played badly IMO
Wilson can throw the ball, made some perfect throws. Yet his stats only show his rushing yards...quite the paradox when you compare both QB's performances on paper.
Harvin can fookin run...on his kick return it wasn't just blinding speed, he made two great cuts to get in.
Bronco's defense couldn't tackle a grandma on an electric cart....holy.
Not sure why Denver kept trying slow developing screens and short wide outs when you're over 20 points down.Seattle had good coverage downfield but you gotta stretch man to man to get anything.
Defense does win football games.
I didn't see much from the Broncos trying to use the clock or get out of bounds. They looked tired all game compared to the Seahawks.
It didn't turn into a chippy, cheap shot-fest. Kudos to Denver for holding it together.

The Broncos defense has been that way all year. They were the only thing that worried me the entire season. Their tackling is and has been atrocious and they always allow defenders to get behind them on deep passing plays. Not to say that it was entirely the fault of the defense, but they are as much to blame as anyone else on the field. I really hope they don't bring Del Rio back as defensive coordinator because he was awful this year.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-03-2014, 12:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Fb20BM8.jpg

Hal-9000
02-03-2014, 03:52 PM
:lol: good to see you kept your sense of haha

my supervisor is a little quiet today...I'll have to be kind

Teh One Who Knocks
02-03-2014, 04:06 PM
Not much you can really do about it other than accept the fact that your team stunk and at the very worst time possible for it.

The good news though was that the weather was perfect, so that opens the door for all the other cold weather cities to host Super Bowls and really bolsters Denver's bid(s) that the city already submitted for the Super Bowl.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-03-2014, 04:10 PM
http://i.imgur.com/UQGnHzW.jpg

FBD
02-03-2014, 04:20 PM
I just sat and laughed. The ENTIRE game :lol: Best exemplified by my howling laughter at Peyton's face on the first snap as the ball went whizzing past his ear. I need to find the straight on shot of this:

http://cbsnewyork.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/manning-625.jpg

because that look of utter shock and horror was priceless :rofl:

my correct prediction was 2 picks and a seahawks win, although I bet on the thread here so long ago I dont remember who I bet on :lol:

I dont think anyone predicted seahawks blowout though.

Hal-9000
02-03-2014, 06:50 PM
the announcers mentioned the semi final games and how the Broncos put on an offensive clinic in each game...

yesterday, it truly looked like they were at a practice and couldn't care about the outcome....not trying to rub it in but they seemed so tired

I've played everything from pick up to flag and organized ball and know that things on the field are never the same as opposed to armchair quarterbacking from a raised vantage point...

I don't think the Seahawks are that good of team...something else was happening down there

Oofty Goofty
02-03-2014, 07:34 PM
I couldn't believe I was watching the same team that had the shootout with the Cowboys earlier in the season.

DemonGeminiX
02-03-2014, 07:39 PM
The Seahawks are that good of a team. Or at least the defense is. They came in prepared. The Broncos didn't prepare and weren't ready for the game. And like Lance said earlier, the Broncos D sucked all year. That's why I keep raising my eyebrows when anyone mentions Jack Del Rio for a head coaching spot. He was a head coach for the Jaguars for several years and they couldn't buy a win.

Hal-9000
02-03-2014, 08:15 PM
A 'good' offense adapts to the D and makes adjustments accordingly....I just had this conversation with my supervisor, teasing him a little about the play selection.

He gets pissed and says the Hawks were using the super 3 defense and the Broncos did everything right. After I finished laughing I mentioned that in man to man, you got to go long at least once per quarter :lol: ...to let the D know you won't be making short screens and runs all game. He got even more mad and I ended the convo/argument with - Yes and how did THAT WORK OUT FOR Y'ALL????! :lol:

my contention - if it's not working by the third quarter then you should probably at least...try something different.

DemonGeminiX
02-03-2014, 08:38 PM
That's the thing... The Broncos have been down at half time so many times in the past two years and have come back in the second half to beat the teams that were up on them after making adjustments. But it looks like they weren't adapting as well and/or Seattle studied all of their tricks because shit got worse in the second half for the Broncos.

Hal-9000
02-03-2014, 09:03 PM
it was like a list of what could go wrong :lol: it did, then another checkmark

FBD
02-03-2014, 09:06 PM
the announcers mentioned the semi final games and how the Broncos put on an offensive clinic in each game...
I think I also recall them mentioning that when its been #1 O vs #1 D, the O tends to have a tough time...

...especially when the #1 D is putting on a clinic of its own. They had an answer to everything Denver tossed their way.

I think the other corner should have gotten MVP though

PorkChopSandwiches
02-03-2014, 09:47 PM
Q: How many Broncos does it take to change a tire?
A: One. Unless it's a blowout then the whole team shows up.

Muddy
02-04-2014, 01:14 AM
Nsfw

http://i59.tinypic.com/2iazl2s.jpg

PorkChopSandwiches
02-04-2014, 02:22 AM

deebakes
02-04-2014, 02:35 AM
http://i60.tinypic.com/2j0bmsl.jpg

Godfather
02-04-2014, 03:41 AM
Halfway into the game, Broncos fans decided they wanted to watch professional ball handling:

http://i57.tinypic.com/nvpbf4.png

Godfather
02-04-2014, 03:42 AM
http://i59.tinypic.com/2wlzcrp.jpg

deebakes
02-04-2014, 03:43 AM
:rofl:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-04-2014, 01:10 PM
By Eric Edholm - Shutdown Corner

What's Peyton Manning's legacy? At worst, he's one of the classiest players of this or any other NFL generation.

Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman was part of a defense that absolutely dismantled Manning and the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl XLVIII, and yet Sherman said on ESPN's "Mike & Mike" show (via Pro Football Talk) on Monday morning that Manning sought out Sherman after the game to ask about his injured ankle.

“He was really concerned about my well-being,” Sherman said. “After a game like that, a guy who’s still classy enough to say ‘How are you doing?’ To show that kind of concern for an opponent shows a lot of humility and class.”

Sherman suffered the high-ankle sprain during the game and tried to play through the pain but eventually had to be carted off. He rejoined his teammates in celebration on the sidelines wearing a walking boot.

After the game, Sherman took to Twitter to defend Manning's honor.

http://i.imgur.com/eJvYgAY.png

And he continued that thought on TV Monday morning.

“He’s a Hall of Fame player, he’s a living legend, he’s a record-holding quarterback, he’s a Super Bowl champion, he’s been a Super Bowl MVP,” Sherman said of Manning.

And if that's not a huge part of Manning's lasting legacy, then something is wrong in this instant-analysis world we live in.

Hal-9000
02-04-2014, 05:51 PM
Peyton was looking for a job :lol:

j/k....it's a little ironic, two of the most prolific players in the sport who were for the most part silent throughout the game, meet up and have that conversation :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
02-04-2014, 08:37 PM
The Rob Ford Jersey curse is real :lol:

The last 4 jerseys he's worn, the professional teams have all lost

http://i60.tinypic.com/29dbt7a.jpg

PorkChopSandwiches
02-04-2014, 08:40 PM
http://i60.tinypic.com/2j0bmsl.jpg

teabelly
02-05-2014, 04:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/wvL3rKN.jpg

teabelly
02-07-2014, 01:58 PM
What a sweetheart...:shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnPr_93pCXM

DemonGeminiX
02-08-2014, 01:12 AM

Bring her home to meet Mom, she's a keeper!

perrhaps
02-09-2014, 07:13 PM
Q. How do you make Bronco cookies?
A. Put them in a big bowl and beat them for three hours.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-06-2014, 11:46 AM
Wow, local media is reporting that the Broncos are going to release Champ Bailey instead of renegotiating his contract.

DemonGeminiX
03-06-2014, 12:14 PM
Thank you for your years of service now fuck off.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-06-2014, 12:19 PM
No kidding...

Teh One Who Knocks
03-12-2014, 10:39 AM
Well, sure seems like Elway wants to make sure the Broncos get another trip to the Super Bowl before Manning retires :-k

Acid Trip
03-12-2014, 01:42 PM
Dallas is releasing Ware?!?

:wtf:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-12-2014, 01:50 PM
And he has a stop scheduled here in Denver today I believe.

DemonGeminiX
03-12-2014, 03:53 PM
Hahaha... Blaine Gabbert's been traded to San Francisco for a 6th round draft pick. See ya, BLAINE!

I feel bad for San Fran. I would've kept the draft pick.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-12-2014, 06:18 PM
Dallas is releasing Ware?!?

:wtf:

And he has a stop scheduled here in Denver today I believe.

And now it's being reported that pending a physical, he is signing a 3 yr/$30 million deal with Denver

DemonGeminiX
03-12-2014, 07:07 PM
I guess kicking Champ Bailey to the curb isn't as bad as it seems anymore.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-13-2014, 02:23 PM
Wow, did the Jets ever overpay for Eric Decker.

DemonGeminiX
03-13-2014, 04:39 PM
We have Darren Sproles now.

DemonGeminiX
03-22-2014, 12:01 AM
The Jets have signed Michael Vick and released Mark Sanchez.

DemonGeminiX
03-22-2014, 01:15 AM
Matt Schaub goes to the Raiders for a 6th round pick

Teh One Who Knocks
03-25-2014, 05:56 PM
NFL Bans Players from Dunking over the Goal Post in Celebration (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2005406-nfl-bans-players-from-dunking-over-the-goal-post-in-celebration)

http://i.imgur.com/RGmaQaO.png

FBD
03-25-2014, 07:11 PM
how long before having the other players run down the field into the end zone after they score is a penalty too :roll:

DemonGeminiX
03-25-2014, 07:15 PM
NFL Bans Players from Dunking over the Goal Post in Celebration (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2005406-nfl-bans-players-from-dunking-over-the-goal-post-in-celebration)

http://i.imgur.com/RGmaQaO.png

:shakefist:

Damn you, Jimmy Graham!

DemonGeminiX
03-25-2014, 07:19 PM
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/823179504.gif

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZpD6uNCQAAyfII.png

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24257332/look-jimmy-graham-broke-the-georgia-dome-goalposts

FBD
03-26-2014, 01:34 PM
ok, I can see that....it'd be a problem if homebody ripped down the goalposts...

deebakes
03-26-2014, 11:04 PM
fuck you jared allen :x

DemonGeminiX
03-26-2014, 11:09 PM
:empathy:

deebakes
03-26-2014, 11:10 PM
:gimme5:

RBP
03-27-2014, 02:48 AM
fuck you jared allen :x

deebakes
03-27-2014, 02:48 AM
do you want to join him on the "fuck you" list? :lol:

RBP
03-27-2014, 02:53 AM
do you want to join him on the "fuck you" list? :lol:

It'll be fun to watch him demolish Cassel, or Manziel, or whoever they finally decide on. :P

Allen in, Peppers out, is probably a good exchange for the Bears at this point.

deebakes
03-27-2014, 02:56 AM
definitely younger :shrug:

i think the vikes should use all their picks on quarterbacks since they apparently can't evaluate any of them :shrug:

RBP
03-27-2014, 03:00 AM

i think the vikes should use all their picks on quarterbacks since they apparently can't evaluate any of them :shrug:

:lol: They do seem a bit confused.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2014, 10:31 AM

:tebow:

deebakes
03-27-2014, 12:56 PM
maybe they can since tebow didn't join the roster last year :shrug:

FBD
03-27-2014, 01:04 PM
so you're saying it wasnt just Chilly :lol:

deebakes
03-28-2014, 01:37 AM
he was god awful, but the new guy ain't much better :shrug:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-28-2014, 10:31 AM
Did someone mention god?

:tebow:

DemonGeminiX
03-28-2014, 08:39 PM
Wow. The Eagles released DeSean Jackson.

In his statement he thanked the Eagles' organization and said the rumors were false, he wasn't a part of any gang. So I guess his gangbanger homeboys will be upset with him...

RBP
03-28-2014, 11:35 PM
Wow. The Eagles released DeSean Jackson.

In his statement he thanked the Eagles' organization and said the rumors were false, he wasn't a part of any gang. So I guess his gangbanger homeboys will be upset with him...

He'll get picked up before the weekend is over. Okay, so he's lazy and a potential media problem, but the man produced. It sounds personal with Chip Kelly. What do you think DGX?

DemonGeminiX
03-28-2014, 11:40 PM
:idk:

Maybe, maybe not. Reid said he never had a problem with Jackson. He is getting older, but still, he put up numbers last year like he did before. Nobody wanted to trade for him, so there may be something to the personal slant. Maybe they're just trying to get him on the cheap and the front office wanted what other teams thought was way too much for a player nearing his thirties. So test the personal angle and see if the Eagles drop him and maybe they'll take a shot at him when he lowers the asking price. It did seem they were at odds at times during Chip Kelly's first season. We'll see how things shake out.