PDA

View Full Version : The NFL thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

DemonGeminiX
01-28-2011, 05:49 AM
This is the place to talk about the gridiron and the pigskin.

:tup:

samarchepas
01-29-2011, 04:36 AM
As I said on the other 2 forums: I pick the Steelers over the Packers!...oh and some pointless news (:lol:) Chad Ochocinco will go back to being called Chad Johnson...He got tired of it I guess :lol:

Oofty Goofty
01-29-2011, 07:22 PM
There goes my dream of Ochocinco being traded to a team where someone already wears #85

Cactus
01-30-2011, 03:03 PM
David Akers' daughter had cyst removed
After David Akers missed two kicks in the Philadelphia Eagles' playoff loss to the Green Bay Packers earlier this month, safety Quintin Mikell said his teammate was distracted by an off-field issue.

His agent, Jerrold Colton, said it was a "private family health concern". Akers had been silent on the issue but told The Philadelphia Inquirer in a story that appeared in Sunday's editions that his 6-year-old daughter Halley had a malignant cyst in her left ovary that was removed in the week after the game.

Akers
"They used the word tumor or cyst or growth," Akers told the newspaper. "And you're like, 'OK, what does that mean?' Cancer is what that means."

Akers' wife, Erika, told the newspaper that she could tell from her seat in the stands at Lincoln Financial Field that her husband's mind wasn't solely on the game against the Packers.

"I could tell he was there doing his job," she told the newspaper. "But he wasn't there."

Akers missed field goals of 41 and 34 yards in the Eagles' 21-16 loss to the Packers.

According to early tests, doctors believe they removed all of the malignant tumor. Halley has to get blood tests each month for the rest of the year and then more tests periodically. Even is she remains cancer-free she likely will also eventually have to have her right ovary removed.

"I think a lot of it is the unknown for us, and still not knowing, still kind of holding on," Akers told the newspaper. "You just don't think this is going to happen to your kid."

Akers, who will be the NFC's kicker in Sunday's Pro Bowl, will be a free agent this offseason.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6073857
--------------

Kinda of sad. Hope she makes as full of a recovery as she can.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-02-2011, 02:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/UTRP7.jpg (http://imgur.com/UTRP7)

Sharktopus
02-06-2011, 02:40 AM
http://is100.imagesocket.com/thumbs/2011/02/05/simmswalnutsjpgbawp.jpg (http://www.imagesocket.com/view/2011/02/05/simmswalnutsjpgbawp.jpg)

By Doug Farrar (Yahoo News)

Apparently, there's one thing you don't want to do if you're going to be anywhere near former New York Giants quarterback and current CBS analyst Phil Simms, and that's to cast aspersions on the playing abilities of his son Matt, who's currently the quarterback at Tennessee. Ex-NFL punt return ace Desmond Howard did so last season in his role as an analyst on ESPN's College Gameday show, and this led to a little go-round between the two former Super Bowl MVPs at the NFL Experience event down in Dallas.

From Howard's Twitter account:

At NFL-Xperience and Phil Simms just threatened 2 hit me b/c I said his son was 1 of the worse QBs in the SEC. I told him "LET'S GO!"less than a minute ago via ÜberTwitterDesmond Howard
desmond_howard

I am DEAD serious about the Phil Simms thing. We all thought he was joking, but he kept going and said he wanted 2 take a swing at me!!less than a minute ago via ÜberTwitterDesmond Howard
desmond_howard

During the season we talked about the Tenn v LSU game and I said "u will see 3 of the worse QBs in the SEC" That's what Phil did not like.less than a minute ago via ÜberTwitterDesmond Howard
desmond_howard

It ended w/police stepping in between so I could continue my appearance w/fans.less than a minute ago via ÜberTwitterDesmond Howard
desmond_howard

Two things come to mind here. First of all, while it may be natural for Simms to get a bit lit up when people call his son a sub-par player, he needs to understand that in his role as the most highly-regarded color NFL announcer on a major network (an appeal that has always mystified me; Simms gets as much stuff wrong during a telecast as anyone you'll see), he has an obligation to at least give the appearance of professionalism in public settings.

Second, Howard has every right to say whatever he wants about Simms' performance in his capacity as an analyst, and in this case, the younger Simms hasn't exactly set the NCAA on fire. A junior college transfer, Simms threw 113 completions in 195 attempts for 1,460 yards, eight touchdowns, and five interceptions. Not horrible numbers, but he wasn't going to make anyone forget Greg McElroy or Cam Newton. If Howard had said something about Matt Simms that was more personal in nature, especially if it was something libelous, it would be easier to understand. But in this case, and until we hear his side of the story, Simms comes off as a goofball and a fake bully.

And having said all that, I'd better hope Simms doesn't show up at the scouting combine in three weeks and threaten to beat me up. Howard's just lucky Simms didn't have his friend Paulie Walnuts (pictured above) with him at the time!

Cactus
02-06-2011, 02:53 AM
More evidence that Phil Simms is a just douche!!!

I am not a big fan of Simms work as an analyst in general. This is the second time, Simms has taken issue with someone for commenting on one of his sons ability to play football. He called out Steve Young for statements Young said of Chris Simms ablity to play QB on the NFL level

traveler
02-06-2011, 11:50 AM
BUMP

Go Steelers!!!!!!!

Teh One Who Knocks
02-06-2011, 11:51 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Q5413.jpg

samarchepas
02-15-2011, 12:04 AM
NFL owners will meet on March 3, the final day of the current collective bargaining agreement.

It is possible the owners will call for a lockout of the players if negotiations with the union are not progressing sufficiently.

All 32 owners are expected to be at the meeting in Fort Lauderdale that follows two days of committee meetings that were previously scheduled.

NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith repeatedly has said he expects a lockout. Talks broke down last week in Washington.

The owners opted out of the CBA in 2008.

Teh One Who Knocks
02-16-2011, 01:44 PM
Irsay: Colts put franchise tag on Manning
By MICHAEL MAROT, AP Sports Writer

INDIANAPOLIS (AP)—The Indianapolis Colts are keeping Peyton Manning—no matter what it costs.

Manning, the only four-time MVP in league history, has been given the exclusive franchise tag, a move that could cost the Colts $23 million next season. Team owner Jim Irsay announced the decision Tuesday night on Twitter.

“We have placed the franchise tag on Peyton while we continue to negotiate a long term deal,” Irsay wrote.

The move is hardly a surprise.

Last year, Irsay promised to make Manning the NFL’s highest-paid player. He has reiterated that position many times since then with one caveat—if the Colts couldn’t reach a new deal with Manning before free agency started they would use the franchise tag.

The Colts did the same thing in 2004 before eventually agreeing to a seven-year, $98 million deal. The Colts then pulled the tag.

Irsay hasn’t backed down on either promise, and Manning, as he usually does, has remained silent about the contract.

Three weeks ago, the Colts put their first formal proposal on the table. It was an offer Irsay and team president Bill Polian wanted to make last October, but Manning informed the team then, through his agent, that he did not want to start negotiating until after the season.

The current offer is believed to be richer than the four-year, $72 million contract that New England quarterback Tom Brady signed in September. Brady’s contract also included $48.5 million in guaranteed money, and Irsay has called that deal the standard.

“It’s not a normal negotiation, his legacy and our relationship, it’s very unusual,” Irsay said last month.

On Tuesday, Indy decided not to wait any longer to make its decision.

By “tagging” Manning, no other team can negotiate with the Colts’ franchise quarterback.

How critical is Manning to the Colts’ success?

In 13 seasons, he has broken all the franchise’s career records for quarterbacks and has never missed a start. He’s taken Indy to the playoffs 11 times, captured seven AFC South titles in eight years, won two AFC championships, one Super Bowl title and a Super Bowl MVP Award.

And the Colts won more regular-season games in the past decade (115) than any team in NFL history.

The move does free up the Colts to work on other contracts before the collective bargaining agreement expires March 3.

The list of their potential free agents includes running back Joseph Addai, kicker Adam Vinatieri; Charlie Johnson, Manning’s blind side protector; Melvin Bullitt, a key backup at safety who is ready to start; starting linebacker Clint Session and starting defensive tackle Dan Muir.

Irsay also has promised “significant” announcements in the coming weeks.

But, of course, none would be bigger than giving Manning the richest deal in league history in what could be his final NFL contract.

“It’s important,” Irsay said when asked about the importance of reaching a new deal with Manning.

“But it’s something that you don’t totally control, so I think you have to be prepared to work on your roster while you’re doing that. That’s a big part of the equation, but I think you have to be able and ready to shape your roster.”

Teh One Who Knocks
03-01-2011, 11:44 AM
Redskins cut Portis, ends 7 eventful years in DC
By JOSEPH WHITE, AP Sports Writer

WASHINGTON (AP)—“Southeast Jerome” is officially gone for good. As well as “Dolla Bill” and “Sheriff Gonna Getcha.”

Clinton Portis was released by the Washington Redskins on Monday, ending a charismatic and sometimes contentious seven-year stay that, for a while at least, made him the face of the franchise.

Injuries and money led to coach Mike Shanahan’s decision. Portis had played in only 13 games over the last two seasons because of a severe concussion in 2009 and a torn groin muscle in 2010.

Portis was scheduled to make $8.3 million next season, and Shanahan made it clear at the NFL combine that the Redskins wouldn’t keep the 29-year-old running back at that price.

“We’re going to let him test the market,” Shanahan said, “and see what’s out there for him.”

Portis told 106.7 The Fan that he was given a chance to restructure his contract, but he said it would be “hard to accept not being the go-guy.”

“It was kind of a mutual decision,” Portis said. “They could have sat and held on and played around. They gave me an opportunity to further my career and go somewhere where I can help.”

Portis is 77 yards of 10,000 career rushing yards and leaves Washington 648 shy of one of his oft-stated goals—Hall of Famer John Riggins’ franchise record.

“If the record meant that much, I think I could stay in D.C. to get it,” Portis said. “Although I wanted it, I don’t think I wanted it bad enough to … continue to endure the area to get it. If John Riggins is the only name you can say did more than me as a Redskins running back, that’s great company to be in. And I’m OK with that.”

Portis will be most remembered for his colorfully productive 2005 season, when he set a franchise single-season rushing record (1,516 yards) and led the team to its first playoff berth in six years while playing dress-up along the way. Every Thursday during the season’s homestretch he would appear in costume, playing a wide range of characters that also included “Bro Sweets” and “Inspector Two-Two.”

Portis is also one who freely speaks his mind, and that frequently got him into trouble over the years. He picked on his offensive line. He derisively called coach Jim Zorn a “genius.” He said female reporters are naturally “going to want somebody” when they see undressed players in the locker room.

He even belittled Riggins, saying the local legend had it easier in the 1980s because it was “really not hard to be a great running back when you’ve got that talent all around you.”

“I always spoke the truth,” Portis said Monday, “and I think that’s bigger to me than the rushing record or the touchdowns or anything else.”

Portis was also profoundly affected by the death of Redskins safety and good friend Sean Taylor in 2007. Both played for the University of Miami.

“Clinton provided excitement from the very first time he touched the ball as a Redskin, and we were lucky to witness every ounce of energy, effort and passion he has given ever since,” Redskins owner Dan Snyder said in a statement released by the team. “We have been through a lot both on and off of the field and we would like to wish him and his family the very best.”

Portis played in only five games in 2010 before the groin injury ended his season. He rushed for a career-low 227 yards on 54 carries with two touchdowns.

samarchepas
03-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Micheal Vick signs a 1-year contract...and the CBA ends tonight...could get ugly :|

samarchepas
03-04-2011, 02:42 AM
America's favourite sport is still in business -- for another day.

The NFL and the players' union decided Thursday to keep the current collective bargaining agreement in place for an additional 24 hours so that negotiations can continue.

"The parties have agreed to a one-day extension," federal mediator George Cohen said in a one-sentence statement after the sides met with him for about eight hours. The CBA was set to expire at midnight, which would likely have prompted the first work stoppage since 1987 for a league that rakes in US$9 billion a year.

"For all our fans who dig our game, we appreciate your patience as we work through this," union executive director DeMaurice Smith said as he emerged from the talks. "We are going to keep working. We want to play football."

Said NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell as he left: "We are working as hard as we can."

Allowing the CBA to expire could put the two sides on the road to a year without football, even though opening kickoff of the 2011 season is still six months away. The labour unrest comes as the NFL is at the height of its popularity, breaking records for TV ratings: This year's Super Bowl was the most-watched program in U.S. history.

If the CBA expires, the owners could lock out the players, and the union could decertify to try and prevent that through the courts -- something the NFLPA did in 1989. It formed again in 1993.

deebakes
03-04-2011, 05:44 AM
I'd be shocked if any games are missed in this whole thing...

Teh One Who Knocks
03-04-2011, 01:45 PM

Hard to say :-k

You know, I actually come out on the side of the owners in this one. If these athletes are so 'mistreated and underpaid' then maybe they should try using their college degree and get a real job. It's hard to feel sympathy for someone that makes more in one game than I can make in 5 or even 10 years in some cases :meh:

samarchepas
03-04-2011, 03:45 PM
Sure they are paid millions...but lets look at it this way...its a fight between millionaires and BILLIONAIRES :lol:...and the whole "I'd be shocked if any games are missed in the whole thing"...the NHL missed an entire SEASON for the same thing...new CBA.

Joebob034
03-04-2011, 08:17 PM
The only thing I side with the owners is a rookie pay cap. You shouldn't get millions of dollars when you haven't played a single snap in the NFL.

samarchepas
03-04-2011, 08:50 PM
I'd assume that it will happen...just like the NHL...BTW they extended the negociation for another week...both sides seem to want to end it the right way...

samarchepas
03-11-2011, 10:37 PM

The NFL players' union has decertified, making the league's first work stoppage since 1987 a near certainty.

After 16 days of mediated talks with the NFL, the sides could not reach agreement on a new deal. The current one expires at the end of Friday and the league could lock out its players.

By decertifying, the union has cleared the way for individual players to file antitrust lawsuits against the NFL, which opted out of the CBA in 2008. It has renounced its right to represent the players in contract bargaining.

The CBA was due to expire a week ago and was extended twice.

The union's latest move sets the stage for a lengthy court fight that could potentially threaten the 2011 season.

It looks like you will be shocked.

FBD
03-15-2011, 01:22 PM
As usual, a lot of these issues have significant components in the area of....misuse of taxpayer funds. Quite a correlation between the extent of players salaries and the amount of public money being funneled into stadiums etc.

http://blogs.forbes.com/warrenmeyer/2011/03/10/a-key-battle-over-the-sports-economics-model/

Teh One Who Knocks
03-15-2011, 01:45 PM
How is public money being used for stadiums a misuse of taxpayer funds? When the Broncos wanted to build a new stadium and the owner wanted the public to (mostly) finance the cost of it, it was on the ballot. There was nothing 'hidden' in the ballot measure. I voted against it myself, but unfortunately it passed.

I may not agree with billionaire owners trying to extort money from fans by threatening to move a team if they don't pony up for a new stadium, but there is nothing wrong in principal with putting it on the ballot for people to vote on.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-15-2011, 01:52 PM
In fact, all of that is why I have great respect for Stan Kroenke who owns the Nuggets, Avalanche, and Rapids here in Denver. When he wanted new stadiums for his teams, he didn't ask the public or threaten to move the franchises if we didn't give in and give him public funds to build with...he fully funded the Pepsi Center and the Rapids new stadium with all his own money. That's the way it's supposed to be done.

FBD
03-15-2011, 02:38 PM
unfortunately more of an exception rather than the rule

Teh One Who Knocks
03-15-2011, 02:47 PM
Oh no doubt....we have the exact opposite of him here in town too in Pat Bowlen of the Broncos. Not only did he threaten to move the franchise if the ballot measure for the new stadium failed, he also made sure in the wording that he gets the biggest cut of the parking and a huge cut of all concession sales (concessions were contracted out at the old Mile High and the Broncos didn't get much, if anything from it).

And on top of it, he raised ticket prices a few times after the new stadium was built.

:|

FBD
03-15-2011, 08:13 PM
taxpayer subsideez', helpin pay yo salareez' :dance:

....basically I was just pointing out that distorted incentives produce distorted results. beneficial for players and owners, not so much most of the time for taxpayers. when you make a habit of laying down and spreading to get what you want, everyone is simply going to expect you to lay down and spread if they have something you want.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-23-2011, 12:08 AM
So the owners voted to move the kickoff from the 30 to the 35 yard line :wha:

Why even have kickoffs at all then? Just spot the ball at the 20 yard line for 1st down at the start of the possession :|

RBP
03-23-2011, 12:13 AM
So the owners voted to move the kickoff from the 30 to the 35 yard line :wha:

Why even have kickoffs at all then? Just spot the ball at the 20 yard line for 1st down at the start of the possession :|

I agree - what a stupid rule change... that costs the Bears a ton in field position with a guy like Hester back there. I imagine though that guys like Hester will still have a green like to receive balls deep in the end zone and bring them out.

hehehehe I said "balls deep in the end zone" hehehehe

Teh One Who Knocks
03-23-2011, 12:17 AM
I agree - what a stupid rule change... that costs the Bears a ton in field position with a guy like Hester back there. I imagine though that guys like Hester will still have a green like to receive balls deep in the end zone and bring them out.

All depends on the score now I would imagine. In a close game the Bears (for example) wouldn't wanna take a chance of having Hester bring it out from 8 yards deep and take the chance of him getting tackled inside the 10 yard line....or even closer. It is basically going to end kick-off returns and it sucks.

hehehehe I said "balls deep in the end zone" hehehehe

:tfg:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-23-2011, 01:28 PM
Just saw an article on ESPN that the owners aren't considering using replacement players like they did back in '87. Maybe they should...I am absolutely sick of listening to the players bitch an moan about how they are getting 'screwed' by the owners. The NFL should try and break the union again like they did in 1987. I guarantee if the owners used replacement players, the regular NFL players would immediately cross the line (or within a couple of weeks at most).

Joebob034
03-23-2011, 03:59 PM
Just saw an article on ESPN that the owners aren't considering using replacement players like they did back in '87. Maybe they should...I am absolutely sick of listening to the players bitch an moan about how they are getting 'screwed' by the owners. The NFL should try and break the union again like they did in 1987. I guarantee if the owners used replacement players, the regular NFL players would immediately cross the line (or within a couple of weeks at most).

hey it's modern day slavery according to Adrian Peterson

Teh One Who Knocks
03-23-2011, 04:53 PM
hey it's modern day slavery according to Adrian Peterson

I know...how do they ever survive on that meager salary that they are paid? :(

FBD
03-26-2011, 03:14 PM
Fk AP, that was a supremely ignorant statement. The boy's paid to run, not think, that much is obvious.

AntZ
04-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Boy Buys Super Bowl Ring Back for William 'The Refrigerator' Perry

Published April 05, 2011 | FoxNews.com

Former Chicago Bears defensive lineman William "The Refrigerator" Perry scores one last touchdown thanks to a 10-year-old boy.

Cliff Forrest of Pittsburgh took $8,500 out of his college fund to buy the Super Bowl XX ring that once belonged to Perry and then returned it to him Saturday, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.

Forrest and his family flew out to Chicago and returned it to "The Fridge" while he was doing an autograph session Saturday.

"I Googled Mr. Perry and saw that he had a disease (Guillain-Barre syndrome) and had to sell it because of rough times. He only played in one Super Bowl. I thought he would want it more than I did," Forrest told the Sun-Times.

The disease Perry suffers from damages nerves and causes weakness and paralysis.

Perry would not say if he sold the ring to pay for mounting medical bills, but told the paper he was "overwhelmed" by the gesture.

Despite using a battery-powered scooter to get around and losing his hearing, "The Fridge" says he's doing better.

"I'm doing a whole lot better. I'm up and moving around. I'm doing what I like to do best -- fishing," he told the paper.

samarchepas
04-25-2011, 11:54 PM
A federal judge on Monday ordered an end to the NFL lockout, giving the players an early victory in their fight with the owners over how to divide the US$9 billion business.

U.S. District Judge Susan Richard Nelson said she was swayed by the players' argument that that the lockout, now in its second month, was causing irreparable harm to their careers.

The plaintiffs "have made a strong showing that allowing the League to continue their 'lockout' is presently inflicting, and will continue to inflict, irreparable harm upon them, particularly when weighed against the lack of any real injury that would be imposed on the NFL by issuing the preliminary injunction," Nelson wrote.

The NFL promised an immediate appeal.

"We will promptly seek a stay from Judge Nelson pending an expedited appeal to the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals," the league said. "We believe that federal law bars injunctions in labour disputes. We are confident that the Eighth Circuit will agree. But we also believe that this dispute will inevitably end with a collective bargaining agreement, which would be in the best interests of players, clubs and fans. We can reach a fair agreement only if we continue negotiations toward that goal."

Owners imposed the lockout after talks broke down March 11 and the players disbanded their union. A group of players filed the injunction request along with a class-action antitrust lawsuit against the league.

The owners argued it was their right to institute the lockout and suggested Nelson didn't have jurisdiction while the National Labor Relations Board considers an unfair labour charge filed by the league that players didn't negotiate in good faith.

Nelson disagreed, and said the NLRB proceeding shouldn't be used to affect the court case here.

Nelson heard arguments on the injunction at a hearing on April 6 and ordered the two sides to resume mediation while she was considering her decision. The owners and players, who failed to reach consensus after 16 days of mediated talks earlier this year, met over four days with a federal magistrate but did not announce any progress on solving the NFL's first work stoppage since 1987.

They are not scheduled to meet again until May 16, four days after another judge holds a hearing on whether players should get damages in their related fight with owners over some $4 billion in broadcast revenue.

And now comes Nelson's decision to lift the injunction.

"(T)he public ramifications of this dispute exceed the abstract principles of the antitrust laws, as professional football involves many layers of tangible economic impact, ranging from broadcast revenues down to concessions sales," she wrote. "And, of course, the public interest represented by the fans of professional football -- who have a strong investment in the 2011 season -- is an intangible interest that weighs against the lockout. In short, this particular employment dispute is far from a purely private argument over compensation."

If her ruling stands, it is still unclear exactly what happens next. The collective bargaining agreement has expired, so how the league would handle free agency, trades and off-season workouts at team headquarters, all of which were banned under the lockout, remains to be seen.

The NFL even argued to Nelson that stopping the lockout would open all 32 teams up to additional antitrust claims simply for working together to solve the labour dispute. Antitrust claims carry triple damages for any harm proven, meaning hundreds of millions of dollars are at stake.

But with appeals expected, the fight seems likely to drag on through the spring and, possibly, into the summer. The closer it gets to August, when training camps and the preseason get into full swing, the more likely it becomes that regular season games will be lost.

"Tomorrow is going to come regardless of what we do here, so we have to work within that framework," Hall of Famer Carl Eller, a plaintiff, said after one of the recent mediation sessions. "In order to have a season, preserve a season, prepare for a season, those are real consequences."

And the antitrust lawsuit is pending, too, with lead plaintiffs that include MVP quarterbacks Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. The suit has been combined with two other similar claims from retirees, former players and rookies-to-be, with Eller the lead plaintiff in that group.

Granting the injunction swings some of the leverage to the players' side, which could actually bring the two sides closer to a resolution, according to Seth Borden, a labour law expert at McKenna, Long and Aldridge in New York.

"It's still going to boil down to the way the parties view their respective positions and respective leverage," Borden said. "Until the league and the players feel like they're at the point of no return for next season, progress will be slow toward that overall resolution."

Teh One Who Knocks
04-28-2011, 05:10 PM
:link: John Elway of Denver Broncos the 'biggest fan' of QB Tim Tebow (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6442597&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines)

:facepalm:

Joebob034
04-28-2011, 08:20 PM
Everybody is a Tebow fan because he's God's only son.

BTW 1st round of the draft tonight :cheerlead: cuz you know ESPN has only mentioned it once or twice in the last 2 months

Teh One Who Knocks
04-28-2011, 09:14 PM
Are you sure it's tonite? First I've heard of it :-k

DemonGeminiX
04-28-2011, 10:52 PM
It's tonight.

:yup:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-28-2011, 10:53 PM
I don't buy it :hand:

DemonGeminiX
04-28-2011, 10:57 PM
You couldn't afford it anyway... even if it was on sale.

[-(

Teh One Who Knocks
04-28-2011, 11:01 PM
I could if I wanted to :nono:

DemonGeminiX
04-28-2011, 11:08 PM

No you couldn't.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-28-2011, 11:10 PM
Yes I could! :x

DemonGeminiX
04-28-2011, 11:13 PM
Nuh uh.

[-(

Teh One Who Knocks
04-28-2011, 11:20 PM
You don't know :hand:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-28-2011, 11:36 PM
http://i.imgur.com/KJRS1.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
04-29-2011, 12:42 AM
Broncos take Von Miller at #2....I really like that pick :tup:

Godfather
04-29-2011, 02:53 AM
Yo DGX!! Tell phili to take good care of your newest draft Danny Watkins!! Good BC boy from Kelowna :mrgreen:

deebakes
04-29-2011, 02:55 AM
canadians play football? :shock:

Godfather
04-29-2011, 03:06 AM
canadians play football? :shock:

We even have our own league... three downs, bigger football, league makes no money. Only real men play it :P

deebakes
04-29-2011, 03:08 AM
http://images5.cpcache.com/product_zoom/209482485v1_400x400_Front_Color-White.jpg

DemonGeminiX
04-29-2011, 03:38 AM
Yo DGX!! Tell phili to take good care of your newest draft Danny Watkins!! Good BC boy from Kelowna :mrgreen:

Philly drafted a Canadian? I'm gonna have to have a talk with Andy Reid.

[-(

Godfather
04-29-2011, 03:42 AM
Be grateful dammit :x

deebakes
04-29-2011, 03:47 AM
go Philadelphia Argonauts!

Joebob034
04-29-2011, 03:57 AM
wow that was a shocker for the Lions. Did not see them taking Fairley with the 13th pick. But I gotta say I kinda like it. Pair him with Suh in the middle and that's a pretty formidable d-line there. Just hope the work ethic is there

deebakes
04-29-2011, 04:00 AM
i would say that was not a need though for you guys. i expected them to go something offensively, as the D was really coming around last year :tup:

Joebob034
04-29-2011, 04:16 AM
offense wasn't bad either, just hit with injuries. I would've liked to see them get a CB or OT but after Peterson and Tyon Smith were gone there was no one from those positions that I thought justified a 13th pick

Teh One Who Knocks
04-29-2011, 10:45 AM
go Philadelphia Argonauts!

Bwahahahahahahahaha :lmao:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-29-2011, 08:40 PM
wow that was a shocker for the Lions. Did not see them taking Fairley with the 13th pick. But I gotta say I kinda like it. Pair him with Suh in the middle and that's a pretty formidable d-line there. Just hope the work ethic is there

Listening to someone that was on Rome today (can't remember his name) and then to the local sports honks here in town, they all think Detroit made the best pick in the first round.

DemonGeminiX
05-24-2011, 06:32 PM
Owners approve new rules changes

Updated May 24, 2011 2:12 PM ET

INDIANAPOLIS

One of the rules changes unanimously approved Tuesday at an NFL owners meeting could have a chilling effect on defensive players.

The most significant rule deals with “launching” to level a defenseless player (i.e. leaving both feet prior to contact to spring forward and upward into an opponent or using any part of the helmet to initiate forcible contact against any part of the opponent’s body). Not only will there be a 15-yard unnecessary roughness penalty, but the launching defender can be ejected from the game if the action is judged flagrant by the officiating crew.

The league also further defined what constitutes a “defenseless position” for players with an eight-point list:

* A player in the act of or just after throwing a pass.
* A receiver attempting to catch a pass or one who has not completed a catch and hasn’t had time to protect himself or hasn’t clearly become a runner. If the receiver/runner is capable of avoiding or warding off the impending contact of an opponent, he is no longer a defenseless player.
* A runner whose forward progress has been stopped and is already in the grasp of a tackler.
* A kickoff or punt returner attempting to field a kick in the air.
* A player on the ground at the end of a play.
* A kicker/punter during the kick or return.
* A quarterback any time after a change of possession (i.e. turnover).
* A player who receives a “blindside” block when the blocker is moving toward his own end-line and approaches the opponent from behind or the side.

Prohibited contact against a player in a defenseless position was further defined as “forcibly hitting the neck or head area with the helmet, facemask, forearm or shoulder regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenseless player by encircling or grasping him.” It is also illegal to lower the head and make forcible contact with the top/crown or forehead/”hairline” parts of the helmet against any part of the defenseless player’s body.
The latter provision does not prohibit incidental contact by the mask or helmet in the course of a conventional tackle.

The third approved change clarified the rule regarding protection of the quarterback. Hits to the head of a passer by an opponent’s hands, arms or other parts of the body will not be fouls unless they are forcible blows.

These rule changes were tabled at a March owners meeting because some teams were unhappy with the wording that was presented by the NFL’s competition committee.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-owners-approve-new-rules-changes-defensive-players-might-not-like-052411

Teh One Who Knocks
05-24-2011, 06:41 PM
So how long before it's truly flag football? :|

DemonGeminiX
05-24-2011, 06:44 PM
:no:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-24-2011, 06:50 PM
Maybe they can go two-hand touch....or would that be too much contact between the players? :-k

DemonGeminiX
05-24-2011, 06:53 PM
:(

DemonGeminiX
05-24-2011, 06:55 PM
I say if the chances of the players having a career-ending injury by playing the game is reduced by rules and regulations, then their salary should be reduced by about 90%.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-24-2011, 07:00 PM
I say if the chances of the players having a career-ending injury by playing the game is reduced by rules and regulations, then their salary should be reduced by about 90%.

:thumbsup:

It's turning into soccer FFS with all this non-contact bullshit

Teh One Who Knocks
05-24-2011, 07:01 PM
Look at hockey players....they take twice the beating (at least) that football players do and they do it for 80 games plus playoffs and they make a fraction of what NFL players do

deebakes
05-25-2011, 03:42 AM
but i only watch playoff hockey :lol:

i agree with you guys though... crazy stuff.

Hugh_Janus
05-26-2011, 05:48 PM
is this season happeningf then?

MrsM
05-26-2011, 05:55 PM
NFL = No Football League

deebakes
06-06-2011, 02:50 AM
they've opened registration for fantasy football already, and i am happy to commish the league. however, i have no idea if there will actually be any football come the fall. do you guys want me to open it up? is there enough interest?

Joebob034
06-07-2011, 12:51 PM
I'd play

Teh One Who Knocks
06-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Yup, go for it Dee :tup:

deebakes
06-10-2011, 01:48 AM
alrighty, i'll set it up and get the details posted here...

samarchepas
07-11-2011, 04:06 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6756301 :link:
The lockout could end on July 21th :woot:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-13-2011, 10:33 PM
:link: Harrison calls Goodell 'devil'; rips Big Ben, too (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6764826/james-harrison-pittsburgh-steelers-blasts-roger-goodell-magazine-interview?campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines)

:rofl:

DemonGeminiX
07-13-2011, 10:39 PM
I read that earlier. He just rips people all over the place.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-13-2011, 10:47 PM
I don't see how he doesn't get fined for saying that stuff

samarchepas
07-14-2011, 02:51 AM
I don't see how he doesn't get fined for saying that stuff

I've seen guys getting suspension for less than what he said! :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-25-2011, 04:24 PM
:link: AP Sources: NFL, players set on terms of deal (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AgIEjBc3CRUGhxft9gzS5OhDubYF?slug=ap-nfllabor)

Joebob034
07-25-2011, 05:12 PM
just in time for the preseason, how convenient

Teh One Who Knocks
07-25-2011, 05:19 PM
just in time for the preseason, how convenient

;)

samarchepas
07-25-2011, 05:36 PM
Well, at least they have more brain than the NHL does!They didn't wait for an entire season to end to get an agreement in place.No games=no $ for both sides.
BTW :its OFFICIAL now the players approved the deal.(as planned)

Teh One Who Knocks
07-25-2011, 07:56 PM
Favre’s agent: Talk of comeback is ‘speculation’
The Associated Press

HATTIESBURG, Miss. (AP)—Brett Favre’s agent says talk of his client attempting another NFL comeback is just “speculation.”

Bus Cook said on Monday morning that Favre hasn’t talked to him about any sort of comeback and to his knowledge, Favre “hasn’t talked to anybody else about a comeback” either.

The 41-year-old Favre has insisted he’s done playing football, but after several years of flirting with retirement talk has spread he could return. Philadelphia’s Michael Vick said on Twitter that he would be honored to have Favre as his backup.

Favre spent most of his offseason at home in Hattiesburg, and has said he hasn’t made a decision on his future. He suffered through an injury-plagued season with the Minnesota Vikings last year, throwing for 2,509 yards, 11 touchdowns and 19 interceptions.

samarchepas
07-25-2011, 08:00 PM
He won't comeback...some teams just asked if he wanted to...nothing more (I hope so :lol:)

Teh One Who Knocks
07-25-2011, 09:06 PM
He always comes back :zombie:

samarchepas
07-26-2011, 03:41 AM
sure...as a golfer this time I hope :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-27-2011, 05:42 PM
:link: Sources: Vikes have trade for McNabb (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6807795/donovan-mcnabb-trade-minnesota-vikings-place-sources-say?campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines)

DemonGeminiX
07-27-2011, 06:06 PM
No surprise. Vikes need a QB and McNabb wasn't getting any love from Shanahan. And it's not the first time a Philly QB ended up in a Minnesota uniform.

DemonGeminiX
07-27-2011, 06:23 PM
Hasselbeck is going to the Titans. And it looks like the Eagles will send Kolb to the Cardinals.

deebakes
07-27-2011, 10:36 PM
yeah football! join the fantasy football league please :oops:

DemonGeminiX
07-27-2011, 10:39 PM
:-s

I already joined.

deebakes
07-27-2011, 10:53 PM
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k25/Harmony_Of_Dissonence/tony-danza.jpg

DemonGeminiX
07-27-2011, 10:55 PM
:hand:

Danza never played in the NFL.

RBP
07-28-2011, 11:52 AM
Donovan McNabb's time in Washington is over after only a year.

The Minnesota Vikings acquired the veteran quarterback from the Redskins on Wednesday night in exchange for a sixth-round draft pick.

The deal gives the Vikings a six-time Pro Bowler who will play until first-round draft choice Christian Ponder is ready to take over.

McNabb will have to restructure the five-year, $78-million deal he signed with the Redskins because the Vikings don't have enough room in their salary cap.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Albert Haynesworth is traded by Washington to New England

Joebob034
07-28-2011, 02:53 PM
Reggie Bush to the Dolphins

samarchepas
07-28-2011, 03:29 PM
Albert Haynesworth is traded by Washington to New England
We could see that trade coming a year ahead :lol: (Well not exclusively with the Pats :lol:)

Reggie Bush to the Dolphins
But not this one! :shock: :lol:

DemonGeminiX
07-28-2011, 07:29 PM
The Eagles trade QB Kevin Kolb to the Arizona Cardinals for Pro Bowl CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and a second-round draft pick.

Kolb will get a five-year extension worth somewhere in excess of $60 million with over $20 million in guaranteed money.

DemonGeminiX
07-28-2011, 09:08 PM
The Titans officially release QB Vince Young.

DemonGeminiX
07-28-2011, 10:03 PM
Chad Ochocinco agrees to terms and is going to the New England Patriots. No word yet as to what the Bengals are getting in return.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-28-2011, 10:05 PM
Tom Brady to the Broncos for Kyle Orton, Brandon Lloyd and a package of draft picks

DemonGeminiX
07-28-2011, 10:06 PM
Tom Brady to the Broncos for Kyle Orton, Brandon Lloyd and a package of draft picks

:shock:

Wow.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-28-2011, 10:08 PM
That's the post I would have made had it actually happened....was just making a test post in anticipation :tup:

DemonGeminiX
07-28-2011, 10:08 PM

Wait a minute, I'm not seeing anything regarding that.

DemonGeminiX
07-28-2011, 10:09 PM
That's the post I would have made had it actually happened....was just making a test post in anticipation :tup:

:nono:

No one likes the boy who cried wolf.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-28-2011, 10:12 PM

Wait a minute, I'm not seeing anything regarding that.

:shifty:

No one likes the boy who cried wolf.

:nana:

DemonGeminiX
07-28-2011, 10:24 PM
[-(

Teh One Who Knocks
07-28-2011, 10:32 PM
What? :-s

DemonGeminiX
07-28-2011, 10:36 PM
Fibber.

[-(

DemonGeminiX
07-28-2011, 10:37 PM
QB Jake Delhomme was cut by the Browns.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-28-2011, 10:40 PM
Fibber.

[-(

It could happen :nono:

DemonGeminiX
07-28-2011, 10:41 PM
It could happen :nono:

Not in this reality.

samarchepas
07-29-2011, 03:19 AM
Ochocinco AND Haynesworth to the Pats...should be fun :lol: (Well Belichick has lots of work to do with those two :lol:)

DemonGeminiX
07-29-2011, 04:29 AM
Ochocinco isn't the trouble maker that Haynesworth could be.

deebakes
07-29-2011, 04:32 AM
they'll win the super bowl :hand:

DemonGeminiX
07-29-2011, 04:41 AM

No they won't.

The Eagles will.

samarchepas
07-29-2011, 05:27 AM
Ochocinco isn't the trouble maker that Haynesworth could be.

He ain't...till he doesn't get the football "enough" :lol:

DemonGeminiX
07-29-2011, 05:48 AM
He ain't...till he doesn't get the football "enough" :lol:

He still won't be the troublemaker that Haynesworth could be. Ochocinco might be a crybaby, but Albert could possibly do some really bad things.

I'm talking arrest-worthy bad things.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-29-2011, 12:47 PM
He still won't be the troublemaker that Haynesworth could be. Ochocinco might be a crybaby, but Albert could possibly do some really bad things.

I'm talking arrest-worthy bad things.

That's the beauty of the Patriots system though....Belichek doesn't care who you are, he'll bench you or cut you without a moments warning. This is definitely Haynesworth's last chance...if he can't make it in New England after the debacle in Washington, nobody will take a chance on him. Except maybe the Raiders, they'll sign anyone.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-29-2011, 12:48 PM

No they won't.

The Eagles will.

Is the rest of the NFL not participating in the playoffs this year? :-s

DemonGeminiX
07-29-2011, 07:47 PM
Is the rest of the NFL not participating in the playoffs this year? :-s

Only a few teams who make the cut. But the Eagles will beat the crap out of them.

samarchepas
07-29-2011, 08:06 PM
Nobody even has played a single game yet...:lol: (ON PAPER, the Pats are to be taken seriously though)

DemonGeminiX
07-29-2011, 08:14 PM

Doesn't matter. The Eagles will win it all this year.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-29-2011, 08:36 PM

Doesn't matter. The Eagles will win it all this year.

Are they playing in the Rock, Paper, Scissors World Championship? :-s

DemonGeminiX
07-29-2011, 08:46 PM
:slap:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-29-2011, 08:47 PM
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Championships? :-s

DemonGeminiX
07-29-2011, 08:54 PM

DemonGeminiX
07-30-2011, 12:08 AM
Nnamdi Asomugha agrees to a 5 year $60 million deal with the Philadelphia Eagles, with $25 million guaranteed.

Shit, they picked up Vince Young as backup QB too.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-30-2011, 12:53 PM
:link: Peyton Manning willing to take less cash (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6817822/peyton-manning-resisting-colts-efforts-make-highest-paid-player?campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines)

Just another reason why it's hard to dislike Peyton

DemonGeminiX
07-31-2011, 11:17 PM
Plaxico Burress signs a 1-year deal with the Jets.

Shady
08-01-2011, 08:02 AM
I might be putting my foot in my mouth at the end of the season but I am liking the moves the Bears have made the past few days. Williams and Hurd may not have had the best season last year but under Martz they'll flourish again, especially Williams. Having Marion Barber as #2 RB isn't a bad move either in my eyes.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-01-2011, 10:53 AM
I might be putting my foot in my mouth at the end of the season but I am liking the moves the Bears have made the past few days. Williams and Hurd may not have had the best season last year but under Martz they'll flourish again, especially Williams. Having Marion Barber as #2 RB isn't a bad move either in my eyes.

Problem is, you still have Cutler :nana:

samarchepas
08-01-2011, 07:34 PM
Randy Moss retires after 13 seasons in the NFL.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Tebow unhappy with backup role
KDVR Fox 31

DENVER -- With his ascension into the Broncos’ starting quarterback role delayed, the normally-upbeat Tim Tebow is starting to express frustration.

"My dream, since I was a young boy, of being a starting quarterback in the NFL seemed to be coming true," Tebow told Woody Paige of the Denver Post in a candid interview outside the Broncos’ locker room at Dove Valley. "Then, I felt like it was grabbed back away.”

On Wednesday, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that veteran Kyle Orton would not be traded as expected, and would be the Broncos starting quarterback heading into the 2011 season - a report bolstered by the fact that Orton had been taking all of the first-team snaps in practice this week.

Has Orton outplayed Tebow in practice? By all accounts, yes.

Is Tebow already a bust? If you believe some of his critics, yes.

But the second-year QB says the criticism will only make him stronger.

"I'm trying to insulate myself from what people in the media are saying,” he told Paige, “but I've seen some of it, and it hurts because it's coming from people who haven't seen me practice, haven't seen me play, haven't seen what I can do."

In his rookie year, Tebow started three games, passing for 654 yards and 5 touchdowns vs. 3 interceptions. He also rushed for 6 touchdowns and fumbled once.

Orton, by comparison, passed for 3,653 yards with 20 touchdowns, 9 interceptions and one fumble.

Boo Fucking Hoo...Orton has outplayed him so far in camp and Orton is a proven NFL starting QB. For the first time in his life Tebow isn't handed something to him on a silver fucking platter and he goes crying to the media about it. God I hope the Broncos cut his ass, I am so fucking sick of hearing about him. He hasn't done a fucking thing yet and he thinks he's the next John Freaking Elway in this town. STFU!!!!!!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/YR4oV.jpg

deebakes
08-06-2011, 02:12 PM
go tebow go!

Teh One Who Knocks
08-06-2011, 02:20 PM
go tebow go!

:beatdown:

deebakes
08-06-2011, 02:35 PM
you just don't like him because he is in cahoots with the lord almighty :hand:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-06-2011, 02:54 PM
If god is on his side, why does he suck? :nono:

samarchepas
08-06-2011, 03:59 PM

Boo Fucking Hoo...Orton has outplayed him so far in camp and Orton is a proven NFL starting QB. For the first time in his life Tebow isn't handed something to him on a silver fucking platter and he goes crying to the media about it. God I hope the Broncos cut his ass, I am so fucking sick of hearing about him. He hasn't done a fucking thing yet and he thinks he's the next John Freaking Elway in this town. STFU!!!!!!!!!

Proven? I don't recall seeing him do much (except last year)

DemonGeminiX
08-06-2011, 04:07 PM

That's one more year of NFL quarterbacking stuff he did that Tim Tebow didn't.

;)

Teh One Who Knocks
08-06-2011, 04:14 PM

http://i.imgur.com/YvN1j.png

In the 4 season where he played as the starter (2 with the Bears and 2 with the Broncos), he has a winning record as the starter (even with the dismal record the Broncos had last year, which was not his fault) and he averaged 3,074 yards with 17 TD's and 11 INT's over those 4 seasons.

That sounds pretty proven to me.

samarchepas
08-06-2011, 04:15 PM
That's one more year of NFL quarterbacking stuff he did that Tim Tebow didn't.

;)

More experience doesn't always mean better though ;)

samarchepas
08-06-2011, 04:18 PM

http://i.imgur.com/YvN1j.png

In the 4 season where he played as the starter (2 with the Bears and 2 with the Broncos), he has a winning record as the starter (even with the dismal record the Broncos had last year, which was not his fault) and he averaged 3,074 yards with 17 TD's and 11 INT's over those 4 seasons.

That sounds pretty proven to me.
Stats-wise ok he has good stats...but not much to say about playoffs for him, and I know that football is a team sport and all...but QB is always the first to take the blame...

Teh One Who Knocks
08-06-2011, 04:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ier86MdW2OI

This is what made Tebow cry :sad:

It made me laugh :bwaha:

DemonGeminiX
08-06-2011, 04:41 PM
More experience doesn't always mean better though ;)

Winning the starting job in Denver means he's better.

DemonGeminiX
08-06-2011, 04:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ier86MdW2OI

This is what made Tebow cry :sad:

It made me laugh :bwaha:

At least the dude sees things the way they really are.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-06-2011, 04:52 PM
Exactly....it pisses me off that people are ripping on Hoge for telling the truth. I guess nobody is allowed to criticize The Second Coming :roll:

DemonGeminiX
08-06-2011, 04:59 PM
It's like that down here. I get cold hard stares whenever I say, "Ok, put Tebow in against a team with a wicked defense. Watch what happens when he tries to run the ball like he did in college and someone like Ray Lewis runs his ass over."

samarchepas
08-06-2011, 05:04 PM
Can't see the video you posted Lance (blocked in Canada)...but I see this the other way, the guy is "losing" "his" 1st QB spot...kinda normal that he complains about it...that proves that he cares about it.Totally normal that he is "unhappy"

Teh One Who Knocks
08-06-2011, 05:05 PM
It's like that down here. I get cold hard stares whenever I say, "Ok, put Tebow in against a team with a wicked defense. Watch what happens when he tries to run the ball like he did in college and someone like Ray Lewis runs his ass over."

You're 100% right, Tebow would get his clock cleaned.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-06-2011, 05:06 PM
Can't see the video you posted Lance (blocked in Canada)...but I see this the other way, the guy is "losing" "his" 1st QB spot...kinda normal that he complains about it...that proves that he cares about it.Totally normal that he is "unhappy"

I dunno why ESPN blocks their videos in every other country :wha:

But you're wrong, the #1 spot was never his to begin with, so he has no reason to cry.

samarchepas
08-06-2011, 05:15 PM
I dunno why ESPN blocks their videos in every other country :wha:

But you're wrong, the #1 spot was never his to begin with, so he has no reason to cry.

Please note the " " in my last post....:lol:...1st QB spots are earned I know, nothing really to cry about , but he can be "unhappy" about this situation

Teh One Who Knocks
08-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Gotcha ;)

But still, he shouldn't have gone into camp thinking that the #1 spot was owed to him, which is exactly how he made it sound in the story I posted on the last page. He has done nothing that would warrant him to think that, other than him listening to all the people that think he's god.

samarchepas
08-06-2011, 05:29 PM
He will learn...He got the 1st spot most of his career (Happened for Price for the Habs, not the same sport but it's the same situation anyway :lol:) It was GIVEN to him 2 years ago and he lost it and then EARNED it last year

deebakes
08-06-2011, 05:50 PM
go tebow go!

Teh One Who Knocks
08-06-2011, 05:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ZwZM0.jpg

deebakes
08-06-2011, 05:56 PM
it takes three pages of google images before one of tebow in a broncos uni pops up :lmao:

Joebob034
08-07-2011, 06:52 PM
I love Tebow he single handedly ended the lockout, all on his own

Teh One Who Knocks
08-07-2011, 07:55 PM

deebakes
08-07-2011, 09:22 PM
thanks tim tebow :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-07-2011, 09:34 PM
thanks tim tebow :tup:

:gtfo:

DemonGeminiX
08-07-2011, 10:26 PM

That wasn't Tebow, that was Andy. Andy's always doing cool stuff like that.

Joebob034
08-08-2011, 02:56 AM
Tim Tebow invented the Lombardi trophy

Shady
08-08-2011, 03:18 AM
I hate little bitches like Tebow in any facet of life. Warm some bench, take your shit, and be grateful you even made it this far and maybe you'll get your shot.

DemonGeminiX
08-08-2011, 03:19 AM
Tim Tebow invented the Lombardi trophy

Nope. Again, that was Andy.

deebakes
08-08-2011, 05:42 AM
I hate little bitches like Tebow in any facet of life. Warm some bench, take your shit, and be grateful you even made it this far and maybe you'll get your shot.

tim tebow invented shit :hand:

wait a sec....

Teh One Who Knocks
08-08-2011, 12:06 PM

:gimme5:

Joebob034
08-08-2011, 05:14 PM
Oh my God get over yourself Rex Ryan. I'm really starting to dislike that guy

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/08/08/rex-ryan-no-chance-i-wish-ex-jets-veteran-shaun-ellis-well-with-patriots/

DemonGeminiX
08-08-2011, 09:01 PM
Both teams are in the same division. I wouldn't wish any of my departing players well if they were gonna be playing for one of my rivals, either.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-08-2011, 09:08 PM
:hater:

DemonGeminiX
08-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Damn straight.

Joebob034
08-08-2011, 09:15 PM
Both teams are in the same division. I wouldn't wish any of my departing players well if they were gonna be playing for one of my rivals, either.

It's not the player's fault the Jets didn't want to bring him back

Teh One Who Knocks
08-08-2011, 09:41 PM

Exactamundo :tup:

Joebob034
08-08-2011, 10:00 PM
FFS Nick Fairley breaks his foot and now Mikel LeShoure is out for the season with a torn Achilles. Of course this happens before the season even starts because it's the Lions and they are cursed I'm convinced of it.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-08-2011, 10:14 PM
They won the championship in '57, don't get greedy :hand:

Joebob034
08-08-2011, 10:23 PM
how could i forget

Teh One Who Knocks
08-08-2011, 10:25 PM
Plus they made the playoffs back in 1999....I suppose you expect them to be competitive every season [-(

Joebob034
08-08-2011, 10:28 PM
greed is good

DemonGeminiX
08-08-2011, 10:38 PM

Yes it is. If he accepted a smaller salary than what he was asking for, then he'd still be a Jet.

greed is good

Oh, I see now. There'll be no reasoning with you.

:no:

8-[

Teh One Who Knocks
08-08-2011, 11:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/BWS3f.png

Oh oh....Denver released their first depth chart of the season...look who isn't the #1 QB to start the pre-season :(

Teh One Who Knocks
08-13-2011, 12:46 PM
Broncos kicker Matt Prater cited for DUI, leaving accident scene
FOX 31 Denver

GREENWOOD VILLAGE, Colo. -- Denver Broncos placekicker Matt Prater has been cited for driving under the influence and fleeing the scene of an accident for allegedly hitting a parked car in Greenwood Village last week, authorities said.

Police arrested Prater, 27, shortly before 3 a.m. on Aug. 2 after they say he crashed into a car at the Hyatt Summerfield Suites, located at 9280 East Costilla Ave., and then parked his own car without reporting the accident.

Police found Prater in a hotel room and took him into custody.

His arraignment is set for Oct. 5.

Prater is in his 5th NFL season and his fourth with the Denver Broncos.

"Our organization is disappointed with the poor judgment shown by Matt Prater on Aug. 2," the Broncos said in a statement Friday. "This matter, which was addressed with the team last week, continues to be thoroughly reviewed internally."

Like there aren't enough problems on this team already :|

samarchepas
08-13-2011, 04:36 PM
Don't worry, Tebow will save them! :lol:

deebakes
08-13-2011, 07:33 PM
Go tebow!

Joebob034
08-14-2011, 10:33 PM
TEBOW!!!

Teh One Who Knocks
08-16-2011, 10:13 PM
Broncos’ DT Warren has torn triceps, out indefinitely

And it continues :shakehead:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-21-2011, 11:24 AM
Orton leads Broncos past Bills, 24-10

:cheers:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-23-2011, 01:23 PM
:link: NFL’s 49ers to ban tailgating after game starts (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ArMRzVHwUlsdpMwrMrYL0VlDubYF?slug=ap-49ersstadiumshooting)

You know, I like to have a few beers when I go to a game (football, baseball, hockey, etc) but it seems more and more the last few years that some people just go to the games and get completely wasted. I have sat in sections where there are drunk people ruining everything for everyone. It's absolutely ridiculous and one of the reasons I don't go to many games anymore.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-24-2011, 01:31 PM
:link: Project Tebow: Savior’s wings get clipped (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtChibS..bTSLaOi8mM0OAE5nYcB?slug=ms-silver_denver_broncos_quarterbacks_082311)

Cut him! Cut him! Cut him! :pray:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-02-2011, 01:17 PM
:link: Doug Flutie’s daughter makes Patriots’ squad … as a cheerleader (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Doug-Flutie-8217-s-daughter-makes-Patriots-821;_ylt=AkX.U1mKq6wUJdADv2sbtXE5nYcB?urn=nfl-wp6252)

http://i.imgur.com/envNz.jpg

RBP
09-02-2011, 01:24 PM
:link: Doug Flutie’s daughter makes Patriots’ squad … as a cheerleader (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Doug-Flutie-8217-s-daughter-makes-Patriots-821;_ylt=AkX.U1mKq6wUJdADv2sbtXE5nYcB?urn=nfl-wp6252)

http://i.imgur.com/envNz.jpg

:wank:

samarchepas
09-08-2011, 08:39 PM
:facepalm:!!!!
Peyton Manning out 2-3 MONTHS! (ESPN) He had another neck surgery today.

DemonGeminiX
09-11-2011, 09:02 PM
Ok, is Buffalo for real this year, or was Kansas City just that bad in game 1?

:-k

deebakes
09-11-2011, 09:13 PM
kc that bad :lol:

DemonGeminiX
09-11-2011, 09:50 PM
:-k

I dunno man... I think there's gonna be some surprises this year.

RBP
09-11-2011, 10:02 PM
The undefeated Chicago Bears! :cheerlead:

JoeyB
09-11-2011, 10:40 PM

I miss Ditka and McMahon.

DemonGeminiX
09-11-2011, 10:46 PM

Seriously? After 1 game?

You can say the same thing about Buffalo, Philadelphia, Jacksonville, Houston, Green Bay, Baltimore, Detroit, and Cincinnati (so far).

JoeyB
09-11-2011, 10:53 PM

Seriously? After 1 game?

You can say the same thing about Buffalo, Philadelphia, Jacksonville, Houston, Green Bay, Baltimore, Detroit, and Cincinnati (so far).

You could, but he didn't. Go Bears!

DemonGeminiX
09-11-2011, 11:20 PM
Add Washington to that list.

JoeyB
09-11-2011, 11:25 PM
Add Washington to that list.

Go Washington bears!

Not the school team, the real bears. Garrr.

DemonGeminiX
09-11-2011, 11:27 PM
And Arizona. And San Diego. And it looks like San Francisco will be joining the 1 - 0 elite as well.

JoeyB
09-11-2011, 11:31 PM
And Arizona.

Go Arizona bears...

Seriously, just tell me all the teams in one post next time.

DemonGeminiX
09-11-2011, 11:42 PM
We got one more game tonight, then two more tomorrow night.

JoeyB
09-11-2011, 11:48 PM
We got one more game tonight, then two more tomorrow night.

We?

Are you the borg?

DemonGeminiX
09-11-2011, 11:50 PM

No.

JoeyB
09-11-2011, 11:52 PM

No.

Would you like to be?

'Bear' in mind, resistance is futile. And a little sexy if it involves the right girl.

DemonGeminiX
09-12-2011, 12:01 AM
[-(

No.

JoeyB
09-12-2011, 12:03 AM
[-(

No.

Fine, but don't expect a birthday card or anything.

DemonGeminiX
09-12-2011, 12:04 AM

My birthday already passed.

JoeyB
09-12-2011, 12:16 AM

My birthday already passed.

You do know you get to have more than one, right? Not in the same year, but...

Muddy
09-12-2011, 03:34 PM
How bout' them Skins and Eagles!!! :cheers:

deebakes
09-13-2011, 01:48 AM
yay, i guess? :-k

DemonGeminiX
09-13-2011, 02:41 AM
Tom Brady and Chad Henne in a freakin' QB shootout. Damn.

Brady threw for 517 yards and 4 touchdowns. Jesus, man.

deebakes
09-13-2011, 02:49 AM
too bad it wasn;t 600 yards and 7 touchdowns :(

DemonGeminiX
09-13-2011, 02:51 AM
Hey man, you should be impressed with that performance. You got a monster in your lineup.

deebakes
09-13-2011, 02:52 AM
still, could have made some other choices this week and been better off... too bad my first pick didn't even get on the field :(

DemonGeminiX
09-13-2011, 03:02 AM
It's always a gamble. Just like it is in baseball. Kind of odd, I gotta face you twice in one week. I think you're gonna be a lot happier with the outcome of our matchup at the end of the week in baseball.

deebakes
09-13-2011, 03:04 AM
we'll see... it's kind of funny that the whole 23 weeks up to this point are now essentially worthless :lol: i could easily lose this week and all that work was then for nothing...

DemonGeminiX
09-13-2011, 03:08 AM
I went 0 for 3 against you on the season and you're currently on top.

I'm operating under the assumption that I'll be playing for 3rd place next week.

:mrgreen:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-15-2011, 06:05 PM
:link: Fans plan pro-Tim Tebow billboards (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6973137/group-denver-broncos-fans-plan-anti-kyle-orton-pro-tim-tebow-billboards)

Joebob034
09-15-2011, 07:50 PM
GO TEBOW!!!

Teh One Who Knocks
09-15-2011, 07:53 PM
GO TEBOW!!!

:beatdown:

DemonGeminiX
09-15-2011, 09:29 PM
And he can't even complete a pass.

People are sad.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-15-2011, 09:33 PM
And he can't even complete a pass.

People are sad.

And it's only been one game FFS :|

Teh One Who Knocks
09-18-2011, 08:35 PM

RBP
09-18-2011, 09:51 PM

Yeah the O-line was bad, but Cutler was worse.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-18-2011, 09:52 PM
No matter how bad the Broncos are right now, I can't thank you guys enough for taking Cutler off our hands :cheers:

RBP
09-18-2011, 09:55 PM
No matter how bad the Broncos are right now, I can't thank you guys enough for taking Cutler off our hands :cheers:

:x

Teh One Who Knocks
09-18-2011, 10:03 PM
And no give-backs :hand:

deebakes
09-18-2011, 10:06 PM
yeah for tebow! :clap:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-18-2011, 10:14 PM
yeah for tebow! :clap:

Tebow isn't playing :nono:

DemonGeminiX
09-19-2011, 03:48 AM
Unfuckin' real. :no:

How long's Vick gonna be out for?

RBP
09-19-2011, 04:04 AM
They said he was spitting up blood? :-s

That kid from NU did a nice job in relief.

DemonGeminiX
09-19-2011, 04:23 AM

Yeah he was spitting up blood. First they said he had a neck injury, then they came out and said he had a concussion. Not good.

Yeah, the Kafka kid looked good, especially against the blitz. Too bad it wasn't enough. Trent Cole was insane all game.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-19-2011, 10:40 AM
Unfuckin' real. :no:

How long's Vick gonna be out for?

Yeah he was spitting up blood. First they said he had a neck injury, then they came out and said he had a concussion. Not good.

Yeah, the Kafka kid looked good, especially against the blitz. Too bad it wasn't enough. Trent Cole was insane all game.

This isn't meant to be taken the wrong way because I never like seeing anyone hurt, especially severely, but all I have to say is, karma's a bitch.

Joebob034
09-19-2011, 04:09 PM
did someone say Tebow?

Joebob034
09-25-2011, 08:43 PM
Wow this isn't the Lions team I grew up with.

Oofty Goofty
10-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Barbi "Fuckin" Carpenter picks off Romo and runs it back for a Lions touchdown. That one play is more than he ever did the entire time he played for Dallas.

Oofty Goofty
10-02-2011, 08:33 PM
Well that's two games the Cowboys have pissed away. The blew a 24 point lead!

DemonGeminiX
10-02-2011, 08:38 PM

Wow, my Eagles really suck this year.

DemonGeminiX
10-02-2011, 08:50 PM
When everybody started saying the Eagles were the dream team, they must have meant the Eagles would be dreaming of winning.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-02-2011, 08:57 PM
I picked them to lose today :)

Teh One Who Knocks
10-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Well that's two games the Cowboys have pissed away. The blew a 24 point lead!

I picked them to lose today too :)

DemonGeminiX
10-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Wow, Buffalo lost too... to Cincinnati.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Wow, Buffalo lost too... to Cincinnati.

I didn't pick that one :|

Joebob034
10-02-2011, 10:56 PM
Seriously who is this team? This is not the Lions. I think the Fords went out and bought a new team.

DemonGeminiX
10-09-2011, 01:41 AM
Al Davis died.

deebakes
10-09-2011, 04:29 AM
:rip: