PDA

View Full Version : The 2011 Razzie Awards: It's Sad When Even the Razzies Sell Out

AntZ
02-28-2011, 10:40 AM
The 2011 Razzie Awards: It's Sad When Even the Razzies Sell Out

By Dustin Rowles

Like the Golden Globes’ annual nominations for the undeserving but popular (Johnny Depp, Angelina Jolie, Burlesque in 2010), the Razzies have become less about celebrating the absolute worst that cinema has to offer and more about awarding the worst-of awards to whomever might be the biggest gossip fodder of any given year. There were a lot of seriously bad films and performances in 2010, and the winners below are certainly among them. But they’re not the absolute worst. But, then, who pays attention to Skyline? And Kristen Bell (When in Rome) just doesn’t have the gossip-blog driven power of Jessica Alba. So, instead of awarding the truly worst of the worst, the Razzies simply pile on the Sex and the City bandwagon of hate. It’s become like the MTV Movie Awards: Recognizing the most popular instead of the worst.

Here are your losers.

Worst Picture Winner 2010
The Last Airbender

Worst Actor Winner 2010
Ashton Kutcher (Killers and Valentine’s Day)

Worst Actress Winner 2010
Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis & Cynthia Nixon (Sex and the City 2)

Worst Supporting Actor Winner 2010
Jackson Rathbone (The Last Airbender and Twilight Saga: Eclipse)

Worst Supporting Actress Winner 2010
Jessica Alba (The Killer Inside Me, Little Fockers, Machete and Valentine’s Day)

Worst Eye-Gouging Mis-Use of 3-D
The Last Airbender

Worst Screen Couple / Worst Screen Ensemble Winner 2010
Sex and the City 2 Cast

Worst Director Winner 2010
M. Night Shyamalan (The Last Airbender)

Worst Screenplay Winner 2010
The Last Airbender (M. Night Shyamalan)

Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel
Sex and the City 2

Godfather
02-28-2011, 06:40 PM
:lol: You think it just guts these celebs to hear that thousands of people went to go and hear them get torn to shreds for being awful at their job?!? :lol:

Hal-9000
02-28-2011, 09:27 PM
I liked how Sandie Bullock went there last year and made a speech/accepted the award :lol:

AntZ
02-28-2011, 09:56 PM
I liked how Sandie Bullock went there last year and made a speech/accepted the award :lol:

She did more then that! She gave away copies of her movie to the whole audience!

http://minimages.com/images/37834216231085105131.jpg

Hal-9000
02-28-2011, 10:06 PM
awesome :lol:

Godfather
03-01-2011, 04:52 AM
Laughing all the way to the bank :lol: Probably made a few fans that night. Good for her I guess