PDA

View Full Version : Woman Disfigured In Meth Explosion Can't Quit Her Habit, Arrested For Cooking Drug Again

Teh One Who Knocks
11-11-2011, 01:19 PM
By Radar Staff

http://i.imgur.com/TRowU.jpg

Even after having her face melted off after an illegal meth lab exploded, a Florida woman has been busted again for manufacturing the drug, RadarOnline.com has learned.

Sheriff's deputies arrived at a trailer on Monday and were shocked to find severely disfigured Heather Raybon there with another man, both surrounded by drug paraphernalia in the midst of a working meth lab, reported Fox10TV.com.

The 31-year-old had been permanently scarred when a drug den blew up in 2004 but even with her face left a distorted, melted mask she couldn't keep away from the addictive drug.

In the latest incident, narcotic detectives found materials and ingredients to cook up crystal meth, along with 13 grams of meth powder and 32 grams of meth oil. There was such a strong risk of explosion from the one-pot lab that police called the fire department to safely neutralize it.

Raybon and William Hindall, who was also at the trailer in Milton, Florida, were both arrested for production of methamphetamine, trafficking methamphetamine, possession of felony drug equipment and possession of listed chemicals to manufacture meth, and are being held on a $35,000 bond.

Police had originally turned up at the seedy location looking for fugitive Brian Mauldin, and there remains a warrant out for his arrest for the possession of listed chemicals to manufacture methamphetamine.

Raybon, who has a string of former drug offences and traffic violations on her record, has undergone numerous facial surgeries over the past seven years to rebuild her melted face.

redred
11-11-2011, 01:33 PM
michael jackson is alive :shock:

PorkChopSandwiches
11-11-2011, 02:48 PM
she earned it :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-11-2011, 02:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EefPcht54c&ob=av2n

Deepsepia
11-11-2011, 03:01 PM
while I mostly support legalization, when it comes to meth . . . I dunno. It fucks up people in a way that I haven't seen with anything else, and it turns them into crime waves. Stoners and junkies spend a lot of time wasted . . . but tweakers have criminal energy.

The irony is, we could wipe the drug out pretty easily. Pretty much all of it is made from pharmaceutical chemicals for a not-very-effective antihistamine (pseudoephedrine). Ban the manufacture of pseudoephedrine, and you'd lose a drug for which there are plenty of better substitutes, and it would make meth manufacture almost impossible (the process of synthesizing pseudoephedrine is well beyond the kitchen chemistry of meth labs)

Muddy
11-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Holy shit!

Muddy
11-11-2011, 03:04 PM
The irony is, we could wipe the drug out pretty easily. Pretty much all of it is made from pharmaceutical chemicals for a not-very-effective antihistamine (pseudoephedrine). Ban the manufacture of pseudoephedrine, and you'd lose a drug for which there are plenty of better substitutes, and it would make meth manufacture almost impossible (the process of synthesizing pseudoephedrine is well beyond the kitchen chemistry of meth labs)

That would just spur it's manufacture overseas.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-11-2011, 03:05 PM

Exactly, they get the pseudoephedrine out of mexico as it is now

Teh One Who Knocks
11-11-2011, 03:06 PM

Exactly, they get the pseudoephedrine out of mexico as it is now

Yup, it's already one step below a full prescription drug in the US now. I always feel like a criminal when I go in to just buy my allergy medication :wha:

RBP
11-11-2011, 03:10 PM
That picture is scary.

Muddy
11-11-2011, 03:15 PM
That picture is scary.

No doubt... If that didn't make you learn your lesson, there truly is no hope for you...

Deepsepia
11-11-2011, 04:19 PM

The feedstock is manufactured overseas. There are only a handful of factories in the world that manufacture the precursor chemicals, which are used only for this drug.

There's been a proposal floating around for years to ban the manufacture of this internationally. Its an expensive thing to manufacture, and without the legitimate pharmaceutical market in antihistamines, the very few factories that make the key chemical wouldn't be economic.

So this really is a case where you could shut five or six sites, and there'd be zero supply.

PBS' Frontline ran an excellent series on meth some years ago, covered this issue:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/meth/

And you don't even have to get burned in an explosion for meth to wreck your looks:
http://www.myfox8.com/wghp-pg-faces-of-meth,0,1425347.photogallery

Teh One Who Knocks
11-11-2011, 04:25 PM
The feedstock is manufactured overseas. There are only a handful of factories in the world that manufacture the precursor chemicals, which are used only for this drug.

There's been a proposal floating around for years to ban the manufacture of this internationally. Its an expensive thing to manufacture, and without the legitimate pharmaceutical market in antihistamines, the very few factories that make the key chemical wouldn't be economic.

So this really is a case where you could shut five or six sites, and there'd be zero supply.

PBS' Frontline ran an excellent series on meth some years ago, covered this issue:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/meth/

And you don't even have to get burned in an explosion for meth to wreck your looks:
http://www.myfox8.com/wghp-pg-faces-of-meth,0,1425347.photogallery

And because people use it for illegal purposes, you are going to penalize millions of people that use it legally? I'm gonna guess you don't have allergies, because if you did, you wouldn't be so quick to call for banning this stuff. Well I do have allergies, and the only thing that saves me during allergy season is Claritin D with the pseudoephedrine in it. Regular allergy medications don't even touch it.

Anything with pseudoephedrine in it is already a controlled substance in the United States. It's all kept behind the counter and you need to present ID to buy it where they take down all your information. People abuse Oxycontin...should we ban that too? Or any other (legal) controlled substance that people abuse to get high?

Deepsepia
11-11-2011, 05:09 PM
And because people use it for illegal purposes, you are going to penalize millions of people that use it legally? I'm gonna guess you don't have allergies, because if you did, you wouldn't be so quick to call for banning this stuff. Well I do have allergies, and the only thing that saves me during allergy season is Claritin D with the pseudoephedrine in it. Regular allergy medications don't even touch it.

I have occasional allergies, but find other drugs more effective .. . . I use Claritin too -- claritin is Loratidine, but as you say, for the Claritin D variant, they do add pseudoephedrine.

You are quite right about the trade off, if pseudoephedrine is the only thing that makes you symptoms better, then it would be a loss for you.

I live in "meth central" -- something about the rainy northwest, maybe, but you drive into rural communities, and meth is fucking them up, big time. Its not just the folks doing it that suffer-- they dump their chemistry sets into creeks, set houses on fire . . . meth wrecks a community like nothing else I've ever seen. It also fucks up otherwise decent people, guys who had jobs, moms . . . not just "the usual suspects". So I hate meth, in a way that i don't feel about other drugs

Muddy
11-11-2011, 05:12 PM
I have occasional allergies, but find other drugs more effective .. . . I use Claritin too -- claritin is Loratidine, but as you say, for the Claritin D variant, they do add pseudoephedrine.

You are quite right about the trade off, if pseudoephedrine is the only thing that makes you symptoms better, then it would be a loss for you.

I live in "meth central" -- something about the rainy northwest, maybe, but you drive into rural communities, and meth is fucking them up, big time. Its not just the folks doing it that suffer-- they dump their chemistry sets into creeks, set houses on fire . . . meth wrecks a community like nothing else I've ever seen. It also fucks up otherwise decent people, guys who had jobs, moms . . . not just "the usual suspects". So I hate meth, in a way that i don't feel about other drugs

Yeah that shits the friggin scurge.... But I never would have thought of the Northwest as Meth central?

Muddy
11-11-2011, 05:15 PM
PROLOGUE
The little girl is 4 and wise beyond her years.

She tugs on the woman's bullet-proof vest. "I know what you came for," she whispers.

Down the hallway in her mother's bedroom, she opens the top drawer of a bureau to display baggies of methamphetamine, scales, homemade pipes used to smoke the drug, and account books that document sales.

She describes in detail how her mother had smoked a pipe of crank that morning and explains that she'd been sleeping with her mommy for several days because the dog had pooped in her bed and nobody had bothered to clean it up.

"People come to visit Mommy, and they bring money. It's green, and it has a two and a zero," she says. "She gives them little baggies with white stuff."

Then the little girl with the long, brown ponytail and cherubic smile goes off with a social worker to McDonald's for a Happy Meal, before heading to the hospital for a complete physical.

Eventually, she will live the rest of her childhood with strangers. Her mother will end up in jail. Or dead.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-11-2011, 05:18 PM
What a lovely story

Muddy
11-11-2011, 05:26 PM
No doubt..

Godfather
11-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Hooooooly shit they need to show this story/picture to 10th graders or something.

I'm really not sure how people do meth... they gave us a presentation in school just on meth. Pretty easy drug to scare the living fuck out of people about. Even to little virgin middle schoolers it's clear that meth is in a league of its own.

Hal-9000
11-11-2011, 06:38 PM
I'm really not sure how people do meth...

When we were young they sold little bottles of Rush at the head shops.It turned out to be a variant of a locker room deodorizer, the kind you leave in the corner with the cap off.When we would take one whiff from the bottle, your head would pound and your vision would swim...it was nasty :lol:

The first time I smoked crack I was already a 20 year plus user of weed.I screwed up and put way too much crack in the bowl, almost filled it.I had been smoking pot constantly for 2 days before lighting this thing up, I was so burnt out The Walking Dead zombies would have been considered sprinters compared to my lazy drugged out ass.

So I lit the bowl and tried to do the whole thing, got the most incredible head rush ever, my entire body tingled, my ears popped, I sat straight up, then stood up and I said to my friend - This is why people throw their lives away for this shit :shock:

it happens dude :lol:

Muddy
11-11-2011, 06:40 PM
So I lit the bowl and tried to do the whole thing, got the most incredible head rush ever, my entire body tingled, my ears popped, I sat straight up, then stood up and I said to my friend - This is why people throw their lives away for this shit :shock:

Ziinnnnng!

Deepsepia
11-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Yeah that shits the friggin scurge.... But I never would have thought of the Northwest as Meth central?

Oh yeah, northern Oregon, southern Washington are "ground zero" -- all those "before and after" pics come from the multnomah county sheriff's mug shots. Spills over into Idaho, Montana, southern BC.

Not the big cities though -- don't see it much in Portland, Seattle, or Vancouver. They smoke a lot of dope in those places, but you don't see much meth-- that's out in more rural areas.

Why the prevalence of this drug, in this place?

I've heard some theories, but it's still more of a question than an answer to my mind.

One story goes that it's because outlaw bikers ran the meth trade, so it shows up where they are. Could be true.

Hal-9000
11-11-2011, 06:57 PM
Ziinnnnng!

picture a marionette in a pile on the floor...then someone suddenly yoinks the strings up...

that was me :face:

Muddy
11-11-2011, 07:55 PM
Oh yeah, northern Oregon, southern Washington are "ground zero" -- all those "before and after" pics come from the multnomah county sheriff's mug shots. Spills over into Idaho, Montana, southern BC.

Not the big cities though -- don't see it much in Portland, Seattle, or Vancouver. They smoke a lot of dope in those places, but you don't see much meth-- that's out in more rural areas.

Why the prevalence of this drug, in this place?

I've heard some theories, but it's still more of a question than an answer to my mind.

One story goes that it's because outlaw bikers ran the meth trade, so it shows up where they are. Could be true.

I thought for some reason you were Northeast...

picture a marionette in a pile on the floor...then someone suddenly yoinks the strings up...

You dont have to tell me... ;)

Hal-9000
11-11-2011, 08:36 PM
I've never tried meth...it's on my bucket list :face:

Muddy
11-11-2011, 08:52 PM
Never smoked Meth... I don't think I am going to ever try that..

PorkChopSandwiches
11-12-2011, 02:13 PM

Thats the best way ;) But, whats starts as weekend fun ends up 2 years later

deebakes
11-12-2011, 05:13 PM
:lwank:

JoeyB
11-12-2011, 08:26 PM
while I mostly support legalization, when it comes to meth . . . I dunno. It fucks up people in a way that I haven't seen with anything else, and it turns them into crime waves. Stoners and junkies spend a lot of time wasted . . . but tweakers have criminal energy.

The saying 'meth kills' is misunderstood...it doesn't refer to meth killing the user alone, it also implies that meth users kill. Meth heads are notoriously violent, it brings out the worst in people.

I support the legalization of pot...because it's easily not as bad as alcohol, so why not? But there are many drugs I would never back the decriminalization of. One of the best reasons to legalize pot is that it would allow us to stop prosecuting people who buy, sell, or use it, and free up space for more legitimately dangerous criminals. And that could include meth makers/ users.

No doubt... If that didn't make you learn your lesson, there truly is no hope for you...

It's tragic...but...this is one more reason I say I'd never trust a meth addict.

I live in SW Missouri, and a lot of trucks pass through our state and a lot of hard to police real estate abounds in the Ozark mountains, we are quite well known for our illegal cottage industries in these parts as well...

Stay away from it dude...you don't need that temptation.

I thought I was the only one allowed to yank your strings?

I've never tried meth...it's on my bucket list :face:

Don't do that.

Good, don't do that.

:lwank:

Don't do...no wait, carry on.