PDA

View Full Version : Teens Using Vodka Soaked Tampons to Get Drunk

Teh One Who Knocks
11-11-2011, 05:55 PM
By Elizabeth Erwin - KPHO-TV Channel 5

http://i.imgur.com/CD51C.jpg

PHOENIX (KPHO) -

It's no secret teenagers sometimes experiment with alcohol, even drugs, but new ways they're finding to get drunk had jaws dropping in our newsroom.

"Quicker high, they think it's going to last longer, it's more intense," said Dr. Dan Quan from Maricopa Medical Center.

"This is not isolated to any school, any city, any financial area," Officer Chris Thomas, a school resource officer, said. "This is everywhere."

When we heard how kids are getting drunk these days, we thought no way.

So we hit up the experts to find out if it's an urban legend or if it's legit.

"There's been documented cases of people going to the hospital with alcohol poisoning just from utilizing it that way," Thomas said.

Thomas spends his days patrolling the halls of a Valley high school. He's heard first hand how kids are getting tipsy.

"What we're hearing about is teenagers utilizing tampons, soak them in vodka first before using them," Thomas said.

"It gets absorbed directly into the bloodstream. There's no barrier, there's no stomach acid to prevent it," Thomas said.

"I would expect it to absorb pretty quickly as well, because it's a very vascular structure," Quan told CBS 5.

"This is definitely not just girls," Thomas said. "Guys will also use it and they'll insert it into their rectums."

And that's not all.

"Using a beer bong rectally is the same concept as a vodka soaked tampon," Thomas said.

Rather than the traditional beer bong you'd find at a college party, kids are sticking the tube elsewhere to get wasted.

They're calling it "butt chugging."

"A lot of people believe it would cover it up, your breath won't smell like alcohol so you can hide it from the parents, hide it from police," Thomas said.

But take it from this cop, it won't work.

It's not just jail time that might be a problem, these new tricks are really risky and could cause some serious problems.

"It can cause mucosal irritation, meaning the vaginal wall can be irritated," Quan said.

Plus, what if you over do it? Irritation could be the least of your problems.

"Some of the dangers associated with this is there's no barrier," Thomas said.

There's also no gag reflex, and if it isn't going down the hatch you won't have that tell tale sign you've had too much to drink, which means you won't throw up if you've got alcohol poisoning, and you'll pass out before you know there's a problem.

"It's problematic because you don't really know how much you're going to absorb," Quan said.

It turns out that a super tampon can hold about a shot of vodka, which is pretty potent when it's going straight into your system.

"If the person does pass out or lose consciousness, health care professionals won't necessarily know that they have to look in those areas and that may delay treatment," Quan said.

If you're a parent of a teenager, what can you do to make sure tampons are used for the job they're intended and nothing more?

"Well then you need to get involved," Thomas said. "Stop being your kid's friend and be their parent first."

Another myth is that kids apparently think getting drunk that way means they would pass a breathalyzer test because they didn't drink the booze, but that's not true. The test checks out what's in your blood stream, not what's on your breath.

Godfather
11-11-2011, 05:56 PM
*wants a vajayjay

Teh One Who Knocks
11-11-2011, 05:58 PM
*wants a vajayjay

:-k

"This is definitely not just girls," Thomas said. "Guys will also use it and they'll insert it into their rectums."

Godfather
11-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Ya my butt is a one way street...

Goofy
11-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Ya my butt is a one way street...

Which way? :-s

:lol:

MrsM
11-11-2011, 06:03 PM

:lmao:

Richard Cranium
11-11-2011, 06:03 PM
I call bullshit on the tampon, no fucking way any normal person is shoving one of those up her cooter once its ballooned out with liquid, it's exit only at that point.

Godfather
11-11-2011, 06:05 PM
That's an interesting point... I'm imagining how big a tampon would get if you put it in a shot glass to soak up a few ounces first.

That's why polling high schoolers is tough... they're all full of shit :lol:

We tried adding vodka instead of water into our hooka pipe in Uni. (a big pipe with a coal on top and a long hose you share, with flavored tobacco/molasses in it). It doesn't work :lol:

redred
11-11-2011, 06:13 PM
how do they add the red bull?

Hal-9000
11-11-2011, 06:28 PM
"butt chuggers"

stop :rofl:

deebakes
11-11-2011, 11:25 PM
:drool:

RBP
11-11-2011, 11:28 PM

Muddy
11-11-2011, 11:29 PM
Thats pretty clever...

Deepsepia
11-12-2011, 04:06 AM
I call bullshit on the tampon, no fucking way any normal person is shoving one of those up her cooter once its ballooned out with liquid, it's exit only at that point.

You mean you've never heard of Captain Morgan brand tampons?

DemonGeminiX
11-12-2011, 06:45 AM
I don't know why, but the idea that male teens are willingly shoving tampons up their asses to get drunk is making me weep for the future of mankind.

Actually, I'm LMAO about it.

JoeyB
11-12-2011, 06:52 AM
I once read that you can give yourself an enema of water that is not clean enough for drinking. Your intestines will absorb the water but not the impurities. I'm not sure why I am posting this, I doubt anyone needs the survival tip.

deebakes
11-12-2011, 06:55 AM
I once read that you can give yourself an enema of water that is not clean enough for drinking. Your intestines will absorb the water but not the impurities. I'm not sure why I am posting this, I doubt anyone needs the survival tip.

:shock:

:lwank:

JoeyB
11-12-2011, 06:58 AM
:shock:

:lwank:

Oh it gets better...it was actually something a group of people trapped on a boat at sea did to survive...

and...it was a family. With children.

The father administered all the enemas.

You'll never go sailing with family again!

KevinD
11-12-2011, 08:54 AM
Okay, what the hell ever happened to sucking the keg until you pass out? Even better if the tap hose ran between a chicks boobs?

DemonGeminiX
11-12-2011, 08:57 AM
Kids don't know how to party today. It's a disgrace.

KevinD
11-12-2011, 09:01 AM
Hmm, can you say Old School? You're my boy Blue!

If I wasn't so tired all the time, I'd show 'em how it's done, lol

Actually, dunno why, but when we have our parties here (friends and family) invariably, no matter how drunk I may be, I'm the last one standing, and making sure everyone else is secure.

Even when I was a young buck, I was almost always the last one to go out (NOT always in a good way)

KevinD
11-12-2011, 09:07 AM
I know it's here somewhere, but I can't remember how to do it...under you user name, how do you change the description? For example, mine shows " basement dweller"..suppose I want to change it to JoeyB's alter ego? Or Hal's Virus?, Or, even better, Jez's worst nightmare; a skinny white man that loves coconut scented hair?

Deepsepia
11-12-2011, 02:21 PM
Oh it gets better...it was actually something a group of people trapped on a boat at sea did to survive...

Thanks, you have forever warped my understanding of Gilligan's Island . . .

http://img9.imagevenue.com/loc196/th_104620859_gillign2_123_196lo.jpg (http://img9.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=104620859_gillign2_123_196lo.jpg)

DemonGeminiX
11-12-2011, 02:25 PM
I know it's here somewhere, but I can't remember how to do it...under you user name, how do you change the description? For example, mine shows " basement dweller"..suppose I want to change it to JoeyB's alter ego? Or Hal's Virus?, Or, even better, Jez's worst nightmare; a skinny white man that loves coconut scented hair?

Top of the page -> Settings -> Look at the options on the left -> Edit Profile -> Custom User Title

deebakes
11-12-2011, 05:11 PM
i never changed mine :-k

PorkChopSandwiches
11-12-2011, 05:29 PM
i never changed mine :-k

Your tampon?

deebakes
11-12-2011, 05:36 PM
that either :sad2:

PorkChopSandwiches
11-12-2011, 05:48 PM
Watch out for toxic shock

MrsM
11-12-2011, 08:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQsRtneB0m4&feature=player_embedded

JoeyB
11-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Thanks, you have forever warped my understanding of Gilligan's Island . . .

http://img9.imagevenue.com/loc196/th_104620859_gillign2_123_196lo.jpg (http://img9.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=104620859_gillign2_123_196lo.jpg)

That's what I'm here for Little Buddy.