PDA

View Full Version : The weekend posting lull...

JoeyB
11-12-2011, 04:55 AM
...has clearly begun...

deebakes
11-12-2011, 05:07 AM
:dance::cheerlead:

KevinD
11-12-2011, 05:12 AM
And you're a fine one to say that considering the weekend hasn't started yet, and you're not here.

DemonGeminiX
11-12-2011, 05:14 AM
:hand:

Friday night is officially the start of the weekend.

RBP
11-12-2011, 05:14 AM
Hi DGX

RBP
11-12-2011, 05:15 AM
Hi Kevin

JoeyB
11-12-2011, 05:19 AM
:dance::cheerlead:

What, no wank?

And you're a fine one to say that considering the weekend hasn't started yet, and you're not here.

I'm here, I just don't always keep the forum page open.

Friday night is officially the start of the weekend.

I like you DGX, lately you've been my official back up on everything I say around here. I might just mention the ads on AMC again!

Hi DGX

Hi Kevin

Dee and myself...so lonely.

KevinD
11-12-2011, 05:19 AM
Um, Hi dGX and RBP, but, according to my clock, JB posted this Thursday evening..Hence, NOT start of weekend (unless you are one of those 4 day work week libs) hahahaha

JoeyB
11-12-2011, 05:20 AM
Um, Hi dGX and RBP, but, according to my clock, JB posted this Thursday evening..Hence, NOT start of weekend (unless you are one of those 4 day work week libs) hahahaha

I posted it at 10:55 PM Friday night...which was 26 minutes ago.

RBP
11-12-2011, 05:21 AM
Dee and myself...so lonely.

Hi Dee Hi Joey

JoeyB
11-12-2011, 05:23 AM
Hi Dee Hi Joey

[-(

deebakes
11-12-2011, 05:46 AM
Hi Dee Hi Joey

RBP
11-12-2011, 05:48 AM
[-(

:slap:

deebakes
11-12-2011, 05:49 AM
:nono:

Noilly Pratt
11-12-2011, 05:52 AM
I posted it at 10:55 PM Friday night...which was 26 minutes ago.

what's next hour like? It's still 9:52pm here.

KevinD
11-12-2011, 05:52 AM
Actually, when I look under the first post, it shows "yesterday at 11:55pm" which to me, was in fact Thursday night, so...I stand by my point...

deebakes
11-12-2011, 05:55 AM
Actually, when I look under the first post, it shows "yesterday at 11:55pm" which to me, was in fact Thursday night, so...I stand by my point...

you haven't set your clock back from daylight savings time last weekend :slap:

deebakes
11-12-2011, 05:55 AM
or you have your timezone set as eastern US, which texas is not a part of last time i checked :-k

JoeyB
11-12-2011, 05:58 AM
what's next hour like? It's still 9:52pm here.

10:45 will not be good for you. Don't ask questions, just squirt some lube up your ass RIGHT NOW.

or you have your timezone set as eastern US, which texas is not a part of last time i checked :-k

He and I are in the same exact time zone.

KevinD
11-12-2011, 06:21 AM
No, ,y laptop time is correct..just check in my forum user settings...shows UTC-6hrs, which is correct..Right now, I show when I post this that it will be about 12:21 am, Sat morning

KevinD
11-12-2011, 06:27 AM
Okay, that is strange, never noticed it before...I posted the last at actual 12:21am CST (Sat), but, on the forum, it shows that I posted it at 01:21 (Sat) Rechecked my forum user settings, and that's correct (UTC -6hrs), and my laptop shows the correct time and date...
May need to check the "forum time" thread again..

JoeyB
11-12-2011, 06:33 AM
Okay, that is strange, never noticed it before...I posted the last at actual 12:21am CST (Sat), but, on the forum, it shows that I posted it at 01:21 (Sat) Rechecked my forum user settings, and that's correct (UTC -6hrs), and my laptop shows the correct time and date...
May need to check the "forum time" thread again..

Don't lose sleep over it.

deebakes
11-12-2011, 06:37 AM
:suicide:

JoeyB
11-12-2011, 06:42 AM
:suicide:

It's true, this place is dead on the weekends.

KevinD
11-12-2011, 07:03 AM
Don't lose sleep over it.

Former military, retired firefighter...

I don't lose sleep over anything other than worrying about my family and that last beer/whiskey...lol

KevinD
11-12-2011, 07:06 AM
It's true, this place is dead on the weekends.

Yes it is, but, that just allows us to run wild in the playground..lol

I normally don't post too much on the weekends either..always going to family's or friend's, but, since starting my project, have been a homebody (though, supposed to go help a friend tear down a barn Sunday)

JoeyB
11-12-2011, 07:07 AM
I don't lose sleep over anything other than worrying about my family and that last beer/whiskey...lol

And the creeping feeling that zombies are waiting for you.

KevinD
11-12-2011, 07:13 AM
Nah, not worried 'bout zombies..I have distant early warning systems in place, first and last line defense systems....

Hmm, that didn't work out for them boys in Waco, did it?

JoeyB
11-12-2011, 07:16 AM
Hmm, that didn't work out for them boys in Waco, did it?

Yeah but that was the ATF and the FBI, not zombies.

deebakes
11-12-2011, 07:16 AM
:zombie:

JoeyB
11-12-2011, 07:18 AM
:zombie:

Nobody is afraid of ONE zombie.

:zombie::zombie::zombie::zombie:

Uh oh.

Hmm, kind of looks like a Michael Jackson video...

KevinD
11-12-2011, 07:30 AM
Yeah but that was the ATF and the FBI, not zombies.

True, but did you ever stop and consider what they were arming themselves for? Could have been zombies.

Personally, I've never really felt the need for a firearm for protection, they were/are just tools to kills something with (NOTE, I said something, not someone, that's what the military is for)
But, living like we do, no more than 4-5 hours away from the violence on the Mexico/Texas border, my wife has asked for more home protection, so, I have obliged. Current arms are a 44/40 rifle, 40 cal semi auto pistol, 380 semi auto pistol, and one or two others.

JoeyB
11-12-2011, 07:34 AM
True, but did you ever stop and consider what they were arming themselves for? Could have been zombies.

Hey man, I think the FBI bungled that whole operation, you are preaching to the choir.

KevinD
11-12-2011, 07:41 AM
Oh, don't get me wrong...from what I remember, that was a cluster fuck of the first order from the get go....Still can hel but wonder what/who David et al pissed off to get that started.

I'm a firm believer in ALL the amendments, and theirs were trampled on so many ways it's not even funny.

(BTW, fwiw, none of my firearms are registered) and some ammo is not strictly legal
Not that I'm a bad ass or anything...there's just some stuff the FG doesn't need to know about.

JoeyB
11-12-2011, 07:50 AM
Oh, don't get me wrong...from what I remember, that was a cluster fuck of the first order from the get go....Still can hel but wonder what/who David et al pissed off to get that started.

I'm a firm believer in ALL the amendments, and theirs were trampled on so many ways it's not even funny.

(BTW, fwiw, none of my firearms are registered) and some ammo is not strictly legal
Not that I'm a bad ass or anything...there's just some stuff the FG doesn't need to know about.

I keep a quart sized bottle of Tapatio hot sauce around. Mess with me, you cry like a bitch.

Actually, I just finished one bottle since I last messaged you and had to open another.

KevinD
11-12-2011, 07:54 AM
My niece bought me a bottle of "Slap yo Mama" hot sauce (I'm a fan of Avery Island product mostly)but, gotta admit, it's pretty damned good, though I've never read the label to see where it's made. Tapatio is in all the Mex joints down here, standard fare, though, like any hot sauce, you don't wanna rub you eyes with it on you fingers, lol

JoeyB
11-12-2011, 07:58 AM
My niece bought me a bottle of "Slap yo Mama" hot sauce (I'm a fan of Avery Island product mostly)but, gotta admit, it's pretty damned good, though I've never read the label to see where it's made. Tapatio is in all the Mex joints down here, standard fare, though, like any hot sauce, you don't wanna rub you eyes with it on you fingers, lol

Well my resources are fairly limited, so in recent years I've limited myself to hot sauces that I can get at the supermarket. I prefer Tapatio in quart bottles (and refrigerated) for my 'cut with water' hot sauce, and for the 'cut with vinegar', I prefer Louisiana hot sauce.

I usually just eat sauce by itself...I was licking the tapatio off the back of my hand and finishing off that one bottle. I just like heat as a treat...but since it's a stand alone flavor matters to me.

I have been known to mix the Louisiana hot sauce into pizza sauce however.

KevinD
11-12-2011, 08:04 AM
say it ain't so Joe.......

You mix Louisiana hot sauce with water??????!!!!!!!!!

Where's my damned rope?

KevinD
11-12-2011, 08:08 AM
J/K...If you PM you addy, I can send you some good hot sauce, my fav store bought salsa (Hell on the Red) and the local BBQ sauce (Hinze's, NOT like the ketchup), though you'd have to pay for the shipping etc.
I'm not a dealer or anything, just willing to help fellow salsa/hot sauce gourmands out.

Best thing around here that is local is Blue Bell Ice Cream...That shit is the best..Used to have it delivered to me at the BX when I was in the service.

JoeyB
11-12-2011, 08:09 AM
say it ain't so Joe.......

You mix Louisiana hot sauce with water??????!!!!!!!!!

Where's my damned rope?

No no...I'm talking about the hot sauce itself...

Louisiana hot sauce is made with peppers and salt and seasonings in vinegar...

Tapatio is made with peppers and salt and spices in water.

Most hot sauces are one or the other, and both have different applications. Hot sauces made with vinegar mix well with pizza sauce, or even ketchup if you like heat on fries.

Those made with water taste good by themselves...for those few freaks like myself who enjoy licking up a hot treat.

KevinD
11-12-2011, 08:12 AM
Ahh, okay the..I do know what Avery's is made out of, lol, only 4 ingredients, and afaik, it never goes bad.
Thought you were mixing it with water.
My personal fav for it it with canned Hot Fries as a dipping sauce...
Typical uses are cooking beans, a dash is spaghetti, on eggs of course, and with any kind of breakfast burrito.

JoeyB
11-12-2011, 08:16 AM
Ever had the tapatio refrigerated? Totally changes the flavor...

KevinD
11-12-2011, 08:17 AM
No, actually, never had any hot sauce cold. BRB, gonna make another drink

JoeyB
11-12-2011, 08:19 AM
No, actually, never had any hot sauce cold. BRB, gonna make another drink

Adios dude! Don't pass out at the keyboard.

KevinD
11-12-2011, 08:31 AM
Nah, no chance..lol

Actually was an eventful moment...

was in the kitchen, making a drink, hear a commotion in the back yard, grabbed a pellet rifle and walked out back. seems the Lab had a possum cornered on some dead trees that I haven't been able to burn this year. Finally got the dog away, popped the possum with a couple bb's ( pellet rifle shoots both), came back in, and the two cats along with my daughter were at the back door wondering what was going on...lol

deebakes
11-12-2011, 05:25 PM
:shock:

MrsM
11-12-2011, 08:00 PM
I'm here .... but no one else is posting :sad2:

JoeyB
11-12-2011, 08:40 PM
I'm here .... but no one else is posting :sad2:

Yes I am, in invisible ink instead of my usual blue.