PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite music genre?

Dr. Girlfriend
01-31-2011, 01:52 AM
What genre of music do you like the best? And name your favorite artist if you want to add that too!

Teh One Who Knocks
01-31-2011, 01:57 AM
A very good question :tup:

I for one don't have a favorite genre as I like so many different styles of music. I listen to everything from country, to pop, to heavy metal, to bluegrass and everything in between. If anything, it would be easier to narrow it down to what I don't like, which pretty much is only opera.

I have far too many favorite artists to narrow it down to list only one or two :)

Dr. Girlfriend
01-31-2011, 02:27 AM
Very decisive, Lance! I like a good solid wishy washy answer! :lol:

Mines really boring. I like pop rock and my love of the Beatles comes from my mom. She used to sing me to sleep at night with "Good Night" and she was always humming or singing a Beatles song.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-31-2011, 02:28 AM
I didn't mean to be wishy-washy :sad2:

I can't narrow it down to one particular favorite genre :oops:

DemonGeminiX
02-01-2011, 02:13 AM
I don't have a favorite genre, but what I listen to at any given moment really depends on what mood I'm in. I can tell you I'm not into that prefabricated pop shit, rap, and country, although there are a few songs I'd admit to liking if a gun was pointed at my head.

As to favorite artists, that list would be far too long to even consider posting.

RBP
02-01-2011, 02:19 AM
I like moving acoustic versions of songs from across genres. Hard to find though.

DemonGeminiX
02-01-2011, 02:22 AM
How do you move them when you find them?

:-k

8-[

RBP
02-01-2011, 02:23 AM
How do you move them when you find them?

:-k

8-[

:slap:

DemonGeminiX
02-01-2011, 02:26 AM
:coat:

Southern Belle
02-02-2011, 12:05 AM
Alternative anything but leaning more to alternative country and folk these days more than alt rock. Americana.

Binky
02-02-2011, 12:08 AM
blues,rock, punk...Tom Waits

Hal-9000
02-02-2011, 01:03 AM
Like DGX, I play guitar...so my answer would be disco! :afro:

Godfather
02-02-2011, 07:51 AM
Indie rock and classic rock mostly... but I love jazz, blues, old school rap and a lot of stuff in between it all.

I also have a good number of 'guilty pleasures' in terms of musical genres ie. I know all the word to Party in the USA :lol:

Foxdana
02-02-2011, 09:32 AM
I really enjoy old school rock like Queen and The Sweet, also Guns and Roses, Aerosmith, stuff like that

Noilly Pratt
02-02-2011, 03:12 PM
I'm mostly stuck on the 60's but my 20-something nephews show me stuff that encourages me about the state of today's music. #1 for me are the Beatles for sure.

I have fun playing their songs on guitar, and I have pretty much (thanks to the Internet) every outtake, and release they've ever done in the studio. I have all the U.S. (and some British) Vinyl because that's what I started with, and a friend who was moving, knowing I was a fan, gave me his collection of originals. And, I have the CD boxed set from a long ago Christmas from my Ma & Pa. And, all of it duplicated on my computer in MP3 format.

Plus, the lady who is now my wife changed her mind about me because of a Beatles mix tape I had playing in my car. This was before the Anthology series came out, and she recognized that some of the songs were different takes. I became more than a computer geek to her right then and there, and she became infinitely more interesting to me! :D

My 8 year old daughter's go-to-bed music is the Beatles, mostly their quieter songs of course. But, she likes them as well.

samarchepas
02-03-2011, 03:43 AM
I'm a Metal/rock fan...anything from AC/DC to Cannibal Corpse...all depends on how I feel :lol:

Shady
02-05-2011, 12:52 AM
I'm in the same boat as Lance for the most part. The only genres I don't like are country and western and dub(and all its forms). Since I was young I was exposed to everything I can think of and enjoy it all.

spud
02-06-2011, 06:43 PM
i like anything apart from heavy metal and rap being honest got quite a varied taste

Goofy
02-06-2011, 06:45 PM
I like rock.......... and i also like roll :)

Sharktopus
02-07-2011, 03:01 AM
Country - especially Kenny Chesney (and I don't mind staring at Taylor Swift.)

MrsM
02-12-2011, 07:54 PM
I like them all - however I can also find songs in all genres that I also cannot stand

Hal-9000
02-12-2011, 08:00 PM
I like original music....don't care when it's made as I love 60's stuff and some stuff that came out last month

I do hate sampling, or thieving as I call it of licks or riffs that have already been created.IMO that's theft, it's lazy and making money
off the back of someone else's hard work.

Vixen
02-12-2011, 08:02 PM
I don't have a particular favourite as it is so varied nor do I have a favourite artist I never buy albums as there is always at least 1 song that I don't like on them and usually I find I only like one song on the entire album. I've listened to all sorts over the years from Mowtown to Rock although I've never really got into the heavy metal and grunge....I hate the d'uh d'uh d'uh dummy beat music, you know the type the ones that sound like the cat coughing up a fur ball :lol:

Hal-9000
02-12-2011, 08:02 PM
Lady Gaga has a new upbeat tune that just came out yesterday that I like....and after listening to it all I could think of was - Madonna - Express Yourself :lol:

Hal-9000
02-12-2011, 08:03 PM
I don't have a particular favourite as it is so varied nor do I have a favourite artist I never buy albums as there is always at least 1 song that I don't like on them and usually I find I only like one song on the entire album. I've listened to all sorts over the years from Mowtown to Rock although I've never really got into the heavy metal and grunge....I hate the d'uh d'uh d'uh dummy beat music, you know the type the ones that sound like the cat coughing up a fur ball :lol:

d'uh d'uh d'uh

that's a good way to describe it :lol:

Vixen
02-12-2011, 08:03 PM
not heard her new one yet and I must admit as much as I don't like her....saw her on Jonathon Ross she's a proper nut job....I do like her music

Hal-9000
02-12-2011, 08:07 PM
She has such a strong voice at times (excuse the quality...it's kinda not out yet...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4a8QtvOkBQ

Vixen
02-12-2011, 08:08 PM
the bastages have restricted it to You Tube for playing

Hal-9000
02-12-2011, 08:14 PM
well then clicken ze link and a wonderful new tab will open, allowing you to view it there :thumbsup:

Vixen
02-12-2011, 08:23 PM
ooo I likes it :thumbsup: cheers Hal

Hal-9000
02-12-2011, 08:34 PM
don't be drag...be a queen! :cheerlead:

DemonGeminiX
02-12-2011, 09:06 PM

Music that sounds like cats coughing up fur balls. You lost me, what genre is it?

justhangingout
02-15-2011, 01:46 AM
I like many types, from Classical (Bach) to classic Rock (Stones). But my favorite would be Blues. There's several good blues artists today, but I think you can't beat the classic blues - Hound Dog Taylor, Albert King, Elmore James, Mississippi John Hurt, Lightnin' Hopkins, and many more. Even the likes of SRV and ZZ Top, who I like, made a living copying their riffs.

Vixen
02-15-2011, 05:12 PM
Music that sounds like cats coughing up fur balls. You lost me, what genre is it?

:lol: that clubbing shite, they all have the same kinda beat the d'uh d'uh d'uh dummy beat which also sounds similar to the cat coughing up fur balls :lol:

Starchild
02-15-2011, 06:01 PM
Rock 'n' Roll - Elvis, Kiss, Queen, Taking Dawn, Twisted Sister. Basically anything guitar-driven

LittleDevil
02-20-2011, 03:10 PM
I'm into all kinds of music. I listen to more rock than anything else but if you were to sort through my music collection you'd think it belonged to several people. My favourite rock band of all time is Pink Floyd.

Berto
06-22-2011, 09:02 PM
I'm into all kinds of music. I listen to more rock than anything else but if you were to sort through my music collection you'd think it belonged to several people. My favourite rock band of all time is Pink Floyd.
hey little devil I love Floyd I saw them in 1989 in London at Wembley Stadium, they were amazing, plus last year I went to see aussie floyd, if you havnt heard of them check them out.
http://www.aussiefloyd.com/
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQMX36xIVWIdgJ9Yk3_t9V0wU2UUWPw gqukXYAs5q-eImVXFQ2Jw
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQS5pKGwBNxpXBfDxaDptfNSmVvDcxvD 6y-Ooq7ITpxPlFMdhJrVw

Hal-9000
06-22-2011, 10:54 PM
loud