PDA

View Full Version : Desert Island Check List

Dr. Girlfriend
01-31-2011, 01:58 AM
You know the drill, you're stranded on a desert island.... We'll assume you have enough food on the island so you don't have to choose that. You've got an endless supply of one thing to drink, a functioning entertainment system, a book, and one person with you. Go ahead, tell us:

1. The drink you'd prefer
2. The song/album you'd take with you
3. The movie/tv show you'd like to have access to
4. The book you'd bring
5. The person you'd have with you.

Feel free to explain and don't hesitate to mock other people's choices. :dance:

Godfather
01-31-2011, 03:07 AM
You know the drill, you're stranded on a desert island.... We'll assume you have enough food on the island so you don't have to choose that. You've got an endless supply of one thing to drink, a functioning entertainment system, a book, and one person with you. Go ahead, tell us:

4. The book you'd bring

1. Pepsi. I drink diet Pepsi on a daily basis, but only because I'm a calorie counter. I love pepsi. It's the best drink ever. And while beer would be good for a deserted island, probably not the best choice if there's not enough water :lol:
2. I'm not sure there's any one album you wouldn't tire of :lol: Probably Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago. It's just the most beautiful album I've ever heard. So spectacular.
3. Big Bang Theory. It's still got three more seasons at the very least. Amazingly funny show. The Office would be great too. It's in its 7th season and I love every episode.
4. Probably something just stupid. I've read dozens if not hundreds of history books and a good number of enjoyable fictions... but something like The Darwin Awards or Guiness Book of World Records that was really long and made me laugh would get the most mileage :mrgreen: Also, I've never read The Lord of the Rings so bringing that would be a great idea cus it's huge.

5. My girlfriend... she's pretty awesome. She's my best friend in the world, and that says a lot because I have some awesome friends. But I think we're meant to be together and she is so accepting. I'm a goof, I get uptight, I'm complicated... and she never gets fruterated or short with me. She'll fall asleep in my lap when I tune her out and play video games. She once brought me fresh baked banana bread, a slurpee and and energy drink when I had made myself miserable saving an essay until the last day. I deserved no sympathy and yet she was so amazingly sweet. I'll never forget the little things like that. She'd have to be there. She's my heart. I know... cheesy, but I don't go on about her around here very often. It's just the truth. I'm crazy about her. And she has amazing tits :P

Cactus
01-31-2011, 04:04 AM
1. The drink you'd prefer--I think I will go with the Coca-cola from McDonalds. It just tastes different and so damn good. I can't really say why.
2. The song/album you'd take with you--I would most likely take Alkaline Trio's Goddamnit! It is just the perfect mix of songs. I have not gotten tired of listening to it in ten years and can't see a time when I will.
3. The movie/tv show you'd like to have access to--I think I would honestly choose The Office. I can watch reruns and still caught things going on in the background and in the other character's reactions it is wonderful. Second choice would be a toss up being the movies Good Will Hunting, Shawskank Redemption or Stand By Me.
4. The book you'd bring--Fargo Rock City by Chuck Klosterman. I will want something that will make me think, but not too hard or about anything of importance. And I will make me laugh.
5. The person you'd have with you. Like GF, I would take a female. I would take my best friend Jenn. She is honestly the woman that my soul mate. She challenges me everyday, physically, mentally, and spiritually. She believes in me more than I believe in myself most of the time. Just her presence is best present I have every recieved.

Feel free to explain and don't hesitate to mock other people's choices. :dance:[/QUOTE]

Hal-9000
01-31-2011, 04:31 PM
1. Milk
2.Physical Graffiti - Led Zeppelin
3.All seasons of South Park (I've only watched about 10 eps)
4.The Bible
5.ex girlfriend from 2001

Noilly Pratt
01-31-2011, 05:03 PM

Water and lots of it...probably tote along some flavour crystals so I could have lemonade or Ice Tea occasionally for a change. Coke or it's derivatives just dehydrates you.

Couldn't it be my whole 8GB MP3 player? That has my essentials. OK - if not, then a Beatles compilation CD.

BBC News - I would still like to know what's going on in the world and they do the world the best IMHO. CNN is too American-centric.

4. The book you'd bring

The Book of Virtues - William Bennett. Lots of different short stories, poems and stuff to keep your mind active. I open it up and read it and something new pops into mind, so I figure that'd take me some time to get bored of it if it was my only book.

GF's girlfriend because she has "amazing tits" :D :yup::oops: No, it'd have to be my wife and kid or nobody else. I would not choose between the two.

Godfather
01-31-2011, 05:14 PM
No, it'd have to be my wife and kid or nobody else. I would not choose between the two.

I dono about that one man :lol: If my dad was getting sent away to a deserted island, I'd tell him to take my mom and leave my brother and I out of it :lol:

We'll take care of the house and your cars :P

Hal-9000
01-31-2011, 05:24 PM
ya GF's post was so nice until the last line..

:lol: :lol: I larfed and larfed and larfed

Foxdana
02-01-2011, 08:17 AM
1. The drink you'd prefer - Coke full sugar variety! Get the caffeine and the sugar in one hit
2. The song/album you'd take with you - The best of Queen, love them to pieces
3. The movie/tv show you'd like to have access to - The X files, still a huge fan
4. The book you'd bring - The Stand by Stephen King, I've read it about 20 times and will read it 20 times more!
5. The person you'd have with you. - I'll just take a vibrator and a butt load of batteries!

Hal-9000
02-04-2011, 02:18 AM
a 'butt-load' ?

*mental note - don't bring anything that requires batteries*

Major Tool
02-04-2011, 02:42 AM
1. The drink you'd prefer - Coke full sugar variety! Get the caffeine and the sugar in one hit
2. The song/album you'd take with you - The best of Queen, love them to pieces
3. The movie/tv show you'd like to have access to - The X files, still a huge fan
4. The book you'd bring - The Stand by Stephen King, I've read it about 20 times and will read it 20 times more!
5. The person you'd have with you. - I'll just take a vibrator and a butt load of batteries!

Stephen King, X-Files and Queen... I hope that's not what you're going to be thinking about when you're using that vibrator! :lol:

This is a good question. I'm going to have to give this some thought before I write my answer. I'll sleep on it.

Yt Trash
02-04-2011, 03:00 AM
1. Captain and Coke
2. Nirvana - Nevermind
3. Lost - The Complete series.8-[
4. Survival Handbook
5. My wife.

Major Tool
02-05-2011, 03:44 PM
4. The book you'd bring

1. Coffee with half/half
2. Hard to choose; either my Ennio Morricone Anthology; the Suspiria soundtrack; Dean Martin's 100 Hits Legend; or the Beatles One.
3. Casablanca
4. A Pleasing Terror by M. R. James
5. Mrs. Tool (I'm not picking any of my kids because I want them to have a full life elsewhere than on a desert isle.)

redred
02-05-2011, 04:00 PM
1. The drink you'd prefer-cider
2. The song/album you'd take with you-guns and roses live era 87-93 i was going to say appetite for destruction but the live era is 2 cd's :lol:
3. The movie/tv show you'd like to have access to-ray mears Survival shows
4. The book you'd bring-Hell's Angel by Sonny Barger or nikki sixx The Heroin Diaries
5. The person you'd have with you.- Charlie Sheen with his phone contacts

DemonGeminiX
02-05-2011, 04:32 PM

Southern sweet tea

I'd make my own mix cd of mp3s and made sure that my player is mp3 compatible. :mrgreen:

See that? I cheated. :dance:

Not really sure... I'll have to come back to this one.

4. The book you'd bring

Clive Barker's Books of Blood, or Imajica

I don't know, but she better be pretty with a fantastic body. +100 if she just does whatever I want when I want without complaint.

8-[

Hal-9000
02-06-2011, 07:24 PM
ok, I'm scratching one of my ex girlfriends and subbing in Briana Banks for the person I'd have with me.

I hear she's intelligent and a great conversationalist.

Goofy
02-06-2011, 09:32 PM
1. The drink you'd prefer - Oasis summer fruits
2. The song/album you'd take with you - Rolling Stones/Forty Licks
3. The movie/tv show you'd like to have access to - Family Guy........ would keep the spirits up :)
4. The book you'd bring - The Govenor (Lenny McLean)
5. The person you'd have with you. - My next door neighbour Maxi :tup:

Maxi has a speedboat :dance:

Major Tool
02-06-2011, 10:37 PM
5. The person you'd have with you. - My next door neighbour Maxi :tup:

Maxi has a speedboat :dance:

You found the loophole! :tup:

Noilly Pratt
02-07-2011, 04:09 AM
I'm paddling over to Goofy's island (after passing by GF's to check out his girlfriend, of course!) :D

Now you make me feel awful for including my daughter. Figured she's an only child and is 8...

Godfather
02-07-2011, 04:35 AM
:lol: I was just teasing mate :P

The Monk
02-14-2011, 04:21 AM
4. The book you'd bring

1: A quality single malt scotch.
2: Pink Floyd's "The Wall"
3: "The Bill"
4: The complete collection of Clive Cussler books.
5: Elle Macpherson.

ItsBlondie
02-14-2011, 04:40 AM
Don't forget the 420!

Cactus
02-14-2011, 04:45 AM
blondie you a pot head?

ItsBlondie
02-15-2011, 11:31 PM
I've been known to partake.

Cactus
02-16-2011, 12:37 AM
to each its own

Hal-9000
02-16-2011, 12:46 AM
5.Non judgmental people

:lol:

Hal-9000
02-16-2011, 12:47 AM
Cactus - You an alcoholic?

to each his own.... :rolleyes:

Cactus
02-16-2011, 12:52 AM
point taken Hal, I didn't know Blondie smoked that was all

Hal-9000
02-16-2011, 12:55 AM
I'm going to start drinking again....hopefully I can get on an island somewhere :lol:

just giving you the gears Cac...what's good for the goose is good for the gander

Cactus
02-16-2011, 12:59 AM
WHat is a gander? ;) is that a drug reference? :coat:

Hal-9000
02-16-2011, 01:06 AM
I don't know, I'm so stoned right now the keys are moving around on the keyboard :lol:

:confused:

oops, bad hal, bad - outloud texting voice again

Cactus
02-16-2011, 01:10 AM
I don't know, I'm so stoned right now the keys are moving around on the keyboard :lol:
:confused:
oops, bad hal, bad - outloud texting voice again

:lol::lol::lol:

http://i.imgur.com/p08Qp.jpg

Hal-9000
02-16-2011, 01:13 AM
I'm not really on drugs right now...in 20 minutes however that may change :lol:

6. a case of rolling papers

Binky
02-16-2011, 01:41 AM
I'm not really on drugs right now...in 20 minutes however that may change :lol:

6. a case of rolling papers

Yesh, that, my dog, and a complete Kubrick collection (with a way to watch it) heh

Pony
11-10-2020, 01:15 PM
Can I smuggle a few guns and lots of ammo to my island?