PDA

View Full Version : Girl, 10, Attacks Teacher Who Took Her Halloween Candy

Teh One Who Knocks
11-14-2011, 04:05 PM
Kid faces felony charge after hitting, threatening teacher
By Greg Wilson - NBC Connecticut

http://i.imgur.com/UlJFw.jpg

A Florida fifth-grader faces felony charges after attacking and threatening to kill her teacher and her family after the educator confiscated her Halloween candy, according to police.

The 10-year-old Orlando girl, whose name is being withheld because of her age, was arrested last Tuesday after an Orange County Sheriff’s Office deputy was called to the girl’s classroom at Zellwood Elementary School. Her teacher, Kelly Sanchez, said she was struck and threatened after confiscating the candy to hold until the end of the day.

Sanchez told police the girl went behind her desk and took the bag of candy without permission and began throwing pieces of candy at classmates. Sanchez called for a school resource officer, but while she was waiting, the girl hit her and “also stated that she would kill Ms. Sanchez and her family,” according to a deputy.

A sheriff’s deputy came to the school and handcuffed the 4-foot, 80-pound girl, who “was screaming and flailing her legs around,” police said. She was taken to a juvenile detention facility, then released to her mother.

The girl's mother, Sebrina Bryant, told WFTV she was angry her daughter was arrested, and did not believe her daughter would hit or threaten a teacher. But when the girl was asked directly why she threatened to kill Sanchez and her family, she didn't deny it.

"I was mad," she said.

MrsM
11-14-2011, 05:00 PM
FFS - Parents are blind - do you really think the school would get the police involved if the kid was behaving nice?

When I was a kid - if you hit a teacher you would probably be hit back and a lot harder. They still had the strap in my grade school

Joebob034
11-14-2011, 05:10 PM
They still had the strap in my grade school

did you keep it :naughty:

MrsM
11-14-2011, 05:43 PM
did you keep it :naughty:

God no - I was so scared of getting in trouble... I never got to see it in person :)

Hal-9000
11-14-2011, 05:45 PM
Kid just needs some more sugar in her diet :thumbsup:

PorkChopSandwiches
11-14-2011, 05:51 PM
Floriduh