PDA

View Full Version : Piles Of Mail Found In State Forest; USPS Investigates

Teh One Who Knocks
11-16-2011, 01:00 AM
BY HILDA MUÑOZ - The Hartford Courant

http://i.imgur.com/7OMi5.jpg

EASTFORD, Conn.— The U.S. Postal Inspection Service is investigating how piles of mail ended up in the Natchaug State Forest over the weekend.

"It does not appear to be an employee issue at this time," said Maureen P. Marion, a USPS spokeswoman.

She said hikers found mail and contacted the park ranger, who recommended calling the postal service.

"The good citizen hikers bundled the mail and contacted their home post office to begin that effort," Marion said.

Chaplin resident Janeen Rose said she and her friends found a pile of mail in the woods while horseback riding in the forest on Sunday afternoon.

Rose said she called the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection to report the discovery and waited for a park ranger to show up. When 15 minutes went by and no ranger showed, Rose said she called him.

The ranger, she said, responded with surprise.

"He said, 'What do you mean? This isn't you?" Rose said. The ranger was with a woman and a man who had flagged him down and handed him a garbage bag full of mail that they had found in the woods. The ranger assumed he had found Rose.

Once he realized there was a second pile of mail in the woods, the ranger drove over to Rose and her friends to collect it.

Rose said there were about 150 pieces of mail, including bills and bank statements, addressed to numerous people. Most of the mail was from Mansfield, some was from Chaplin and Hampton, she said.

"Really, it was the weirdest thing to think that someone's stealing mail down there," Rose said.

deebakes
11-16-2011, 02:45 AM
:lol:

JoeyB
11-16-2011, 06:19 AM
Piles of mail? I wanted tens of thousands...not 150.

Godfather
11-16-2011, 06:52 AM
Piles of mail? I wanted tens of thousands...not 150.

Must have been titled by a Postal Worker... we see a nice afternoon of deliveries... they see an incomprehensible amount of back-breaking labor :lol:

Probably some gypsy who stole mail and went to look for the envelopes that had cash in them. I've seen posties work, they don't need to trek into the woods to avoid doing their job right...

JoeyB
11-16-2011, 06:59 AM
Must have been titled by a Postal Worker... we see a nice afternoon of deliveries... they see an incomprehensible amount of back-breaking labor :lol:

Probably some gypsy who stole mail and went to look for the envelopes that had cash in them. I've seen posties work, they don't need to trek into the woods to avoid doing their job right...

So...are mail stealing Gypsies plaguing the Canadian wilderness?

Joebob034
11-16-2011, 04:48 PM
so is this where my shipment of Extenze went?

Muddy
11-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Nobodys stealing mail... Some lazy ass postal worker threw it there to keep from sorting it...

Godfather
11-16-2011, 05:02 PM
Nobodys stealing mail... Some lazy ass postal worker threw it there to keep from sorting it...

Like I said, they don't have to leave the depot to do that :lol:

Muddy
11-16-2011, 05:10 PM
Like I said, they don't have to leave the depot to do that :lol:

Once I posted, I went back and read some of the other posts and yours seemed to make sense...

Joebob034
11-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Once I posted, I went back and read some of the other posts and yours seemed to make sense...

hey, I never got my Extenze so just sayin.....

JoeyB
11-16-2011, 10:23 PM
hey, I never got my Extenze so just sayin.....

Maybe you need one of those vacuum pump things instead.