PDA

View Full Version : Breast milk ice cream removed from shop

Teh One Who Knocks
02-28-2011, 09:32 PM
Amid concerns the dessert is unsafe
CASSANDRA VINOGRAD,Associated Press

LONDON (AP) - Local government officials have confiscated ice cream made with human breast milk from a London shop amid concerns the dessert is unsafe.

A spokeswoman from Westminster City Council said Monday it was responding to two complaints from the public over whether a shop should be selling edibles made from other people's bodily fluids and awaiting guidance from Britain's Food Standards Agency. The official spoke on condition of anonymity in keeping with council policy.

The official said the ice cream, marketed as "Baby Gaga" and launched last week, is being tested with the full cooperation of The Icecreamists, the parlor marketing the dessert.

Viruses, including hepatitis, can be passed on through breast milk.

Hugh_Janus
02-28-2011, 10:02 PM
umm.... they said the milk was screened to hospital standards, so I'd assume there'd be no chance of anything transmitted into the ice cream. TBH I don't see what the fuss is about.... that white shit you put in your cereal is bodily fluid FFS :lol:

Hal-9000
02-28-2011, 10:10 PM
umm.... they said the milk was screened to hospital standards, so I'd assume there'd be no chance of anything transmitted into the ice cream. TBH I don't see what the fuss is about.... that white shit you put in your cereal is bodily fluid FFS :lol:

damn good point Hugh :lol: :lol: