PDA

View Full Version : Sources: CBS Begins Courting John Stamos to Replace Charlie Sheen (for Real This Time!)

Teh One Who Knocks
02-28-2011, 09:42 PM
by Marc Malkin - E! Online

http://i.imgur.com/9yxDO.jpg

While Charlie Sheen was on a press tour this weekend, CBS' top boss man was on a quest to save Two and a Half Men.

I just got word that Les Moonves had a nice chat with John Stamos on Saturday about replacing Sheen on the hit sitcom.

Really? Here's what went down...

Sources exclusively tell me that Moonves approached Stamos at Jeffrey Katzenberg's Night Before benefit at the Beverly Hills Hotel.

"They were at the bar talking and Les asked John if he'd be interested in replacing Charlie," one source says. "It wouldn't be to play Charlie's character but they talked more about introducing a new character."

There were rumors early last week that Stamos was in talks to take over for Sheen, but Stamos tweeted on Friday, "Contrary to the rumors, I am not replacing Charlie Sheen on Two and a Half Men. however, Martin Sheen has asked me to be his son."

I'm told the conversation between the Moonves and Stamos lasted for about 15 minutes. It's unclear if more formal conversations are set to take place, but a source reports that Moonves' talk-show cohost wife Julie Chen and Paramount Pictures CEO Brad Grey piped in, too. "They were all for it," the source said. "They were saying how they think it could definitely work."

Reps for CBS and Stamos did not immediately comment.

Hal-9000
02-28-2011, 09:55 PM
"...however, Martin Sheen has asked me to be his son."

that's good :lol:

Midnight_Beacon
03-07-2011, 07:18 PM
"...however, Martin Sheen has asked me to be his son."

that's good :lol:

I liked that part too. *grin*

Godfather
03-07-2011, 07:29 PM
:lol:

Seriously.. they should just let it die

Midnight_Beacon
03-07-2011, 07:35 PM
:lol:

Seriously.. they should just let it die

I can see why they'd want to keep it going. When a show dies, not just the actors but all the people who work on the show are also out of a job so <shrug> if they can make it work & keep folks employed, I'm for it. I like John Cryer - but can't stand Charlie Sheen so I never watch the show myself.

Godfather
03-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Yeah.. it's still called jumping shark. And they shouldn't do it. They should kill it and move on :lol:

Find everyone something else to do. John Cryer and Angus T Jones will be fine. The rest of the crew I'm sure could be put onto a new job that would fill the gap!

Hal-9000
03-07-2011, 07:46 PM
Yeah.. it's still called jumping shark. And they shouldn't do it. They should kill it and move on :lol:

Find everyone something else to do. John Cryer and Angus T Jones will be fine. The rest of the crew I'm sure could be put onto a new job that would fill the gap!

Yeah but it would be kinda like you and a thousand other people having a full time job, paying mortgages and buying cars...then the CEO of the successful company causes it to fold because of his....party habits???

that's not fair and puts people in a bad spot

Godfather
03-07-2011, 08:01 PM
Realistically though.. the show is in it's 8th season. Not many shows live even half that many. How long is adding in that weenie John Stamos and subtracting the star actually going to drag it out?! It's a dumb idea, and TV is about entertainment not jobs.

I would gamble no more than one really terrible season, two tops from this miserable plan.

We're talking about a few hundred jobs here... it's not a GMC factory. It doesn't have to go on... TV shows get canceled all the time and nobody cares when a company with twice this many underpaid employees goes down. The crew had 8 inexplicably successful seasons on a mediocre series. I won't shed many tears for them, even if Sheen did fuck them over.

Hal-9000
03-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Realistically though.. the show is in it's 8th season. Not many shows live even half that many. How long is adding in that weenie John Stamos and subtracting the star actually going to drag it out?! It's a dumb idea, and TV is about entertainment not jobs.

I would gamble no more than one really terrible season, two tops from this miserable plan.

We're talking about a few hundred jobs here... it's not a GMC factory. It doesn't have to go on... TV shows get canceled all the time and nobody cares when a company with twice this many underpaid employees goes down. The crew had 8 inexplicably successful seasons on a mediocre series. I won't shed many tears for them, even if Sheen did fuck them over.

I won't shed tears either and agree...it was a mediocre show.But you're missing the main point.It never was canceled due to ratings.One person's habits are responsible for everyone associated with the show losing their jobs.

I can't comment on the 2 hundred vs GM numbers :lol:...there are a few more people that you think associated with TV and movies.Again, not really the point.Sheen screwed them all.....how would you feel to lose your job because of someone's coke and booze habits? I would be choked.

Godfather
03-07-2011, 11:27 PM
Of course it would suck... but it's Hollywood not a Grain Worker's Union :lol: You go to work expecting the suits to shut it down whenever the seasons ends, hell maybe before then if those dumpy Neilson ratings give some bad stats.

They got 8 seasons out of a show they can take some pride in. It probably didn't even deserve that many! Bury the thing properly with your heads held relatively high. It was canceled after almost 200 episodes because of a coke addict, not because it was being watched by nobody.

I think I do see the big picture - it sucks for all involved. But don't toss in Uncle Jesse and watch it flop around on the floor another 6 months just for a couple paychecks :lol: I think that if Hollywood is about making entertainment and not just making money... the right thing to do is to stop.