PDA

View Full Version : Being 'Out' in Saint Petersburg Could Soon be Illegal for Gays

Teh One Who Knocks
11-18-2011, 01:59 PM
Author: Jason Shaw - Technorati

http://i.imgur.com/KlJEn.jpg

Worrying sounds are coming from Russia in the last few days as lawmakers with the countries ruling United Russia party now back a new and somewhat controversial bill which will impose fines for instances of gay "propaganda" by young people in the city of Saint Petersburg.

This bill is rather ambiguous and seems aimed at keeping gay people off the streets, anyone who committed "public acts" promoting homosexuality, bisexuality or transgender identity to minors could pay up to 3,000 rubles ($97.50), while an organisation could pay 10,000 to 50,000 rubles, according to the bill. However, the bill gives no definition of what a public act is, which leads many commentators and equality activists believing it is an attempt to crack down and permanently ban gay pride events.

If the bill passes it "will spoil the reputation not only of Russia but of Saint Petersburg as a European city," according to Igor Kochetkov of the city's LGBT Network rights group.

This hideous bill proposed by the United Russia party passed its first reading this Wednesday by the city's parliament. To be made into law, the bill would need to be passed in two further readings. At this stage it looks very likely to achieve success in those readings as the United Russia party holds 23 of the 50 seats in the parliament.

Interestingly this bill also imposes the same fines for promoting paedophilia, which is also causing anger and frustration amount the local gay community, who have held pickets and petitioned against the bill.

Russia continues to be an incredibly homophobic country, most gay pride events are either banned outright or mobbed and attacked. In Moscow the mayor banned this years gay pride parade calling it 'satanic' gay and lesbian people face verbal abuse on a daily basis, which is perhaps why no mainstream or well known personalities have come out as gay or lesbian or even been vocal in support of gay rights or equality.

Muddy
11-18-2011, 02:02 PM
When are homosexuals going to get it? Nobody wants to see your freak flag...

Wanna suck cocks? Go for it.. Just keep it in your bedroom where it belongs..

Teh One Who Knocks
11-18-2011, 02:03 PM
When are homosexuals going to get it? Nobody wants to see your freak flag...

Wanna suck cocks? Go for it.. Just keep it in your bedroom where it belongs..

Exactly....I have nothing against gay people at all, but why do they feel the need to throw it in everyone's face? I don't wanna see straight people making out in public either...

Muddy
11-18-2011, 02:06 PM
I wonder if by 'coming out' they are just subconsciously seeking the approval they desperately crave.. Someone else to justify their perversions.. Maybe to quell the feelings of guilt or awkwardness?

Loser
11-18-2011, 03:29 PM
Speak for your self fkers, I would live a happy life if my streets were full of hot lesbians having sex :twisted:

DemonGeminiX
11-18-2011, 03:31 PM
You'd never be able to touch them.

:nono:

Loser
11-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Who gives a fuck, I can touch myself :lol:

Godfather
11-18-2011, 04:25 PM
That bill is a huge step backwards. Who are they hurting except homophobes and parade haters. They're a colorful, non-intimidating, generally non-criminal community. Just ignoring it is the best way to deal with it if it bother you (I don't like the pride parade, it's ridiculous). Creating legislation against them is a slippery slope and it shouldn't be the business of governments.

Muddy
11-18-2011, 04:28 PM
What do you expect in mother Russia?

Godfather
11-18-2011, 04:30 PM
Tolerance, understanding and togetherness? :-k

:lol: No, fair point.

Muddy
11-18-2011, 04:32 PM
Did you see Putin swimming in that stream?

Godfather
11-18-2011, 04:33 PM
Yeah, and riding a horse naked. I think he's a big queen

Muddy
11-18-2011, 04:34 PM
:lol: He's damn near as bad as Kim Jong Il...

Godfather
11-18-2011, 04:36 PM
:lol:

I hear they hooked up at a UN Kegger last year.

Muddy
11-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Shot a lil' hole in one golf together...

PorkChopSandwiches
11-18-2011, 04:39 PM
I vote for more in the streets cock sucking

Acid Trip
11-18-2011, 04:59 PM
If gay people want to have a parade and carry around rainbow flags who gives a shit. It's their life and their actions don't affect me at all. As long as they don't physically hurt anyone, destroy public property, etc just leave them alone.

From a proud member of the "Stay the fuck out of other peoples business" party.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-18-2011, 05:06 PM
If gay people want to have a parade and carry around rainbow flags who gives a shit. It's their life and their actions don't affect me at all. As long as they don't physically hurt anyone, destroy public property, etc just leave them alone.

From a proud member of the "Stay the fuck out of other peoples business" party.

:dance:

Muddy
11-18-2011, 05:11 PM
I'd be glad to stay out of their business if they stop waving their freak flag in my face... :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
11-18-2011, 05:30 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt8qxaa6rG1qh8p5no1_400.gif

Acid Trip
11-18-2011, 05:44 PM
I'd be glad to stay out of their business if they stop waving their freak flag in my face... :lol:

Gay people aren't going anywhere so you might as well get used to it.

Muddy
11-18-2011, 05:45 PM
Gay people aren't going anywhere so you might as well get used to it.

I'm not going anywhere either... :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-18-2011, 06:47 PM
Speak for your self fkers, I would live a happy life if my streets were full of hot men having sex :twisted:

:shock:

Loser
11-18-2011, 07:05 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/000/681/what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

Hal-9000
11-18-2011, 07:08 PM
We've chatted about this before...Pride parades are fine etc etc as long as the gay folk don't wear buttless chaps and nighties down the street.

People have children and the overt sexuality crap doesn't need to be paraded in front of them...or me.