PDA

View Full Version : We're all getting Kinect and Ghost Recon Future Soldier right...

Godfather
11-21-2011, 08:26 AM
:lol: I can't remember if this was posted here or not but DAMN am I ever buying this. Gunsmith just looks too fun.

It gets good at about 1:15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r9h4QUpjIc

Tank
11-21-2011, 02:21 PM
Gunsmith looks freaking ace!

still not sure if i'm sold on the whole Kinect way of playing games. my bro has Forza4 and kinect hooked up and says it keept fucking him up as you can turn the drivers head as you would with your own in a car, and when he used it to drive instead of the console he'd crash or spin out everytime he went to grab his drink :D

Godfather
11-21-2011, 06:55 PM
:lol: Yeah I'm not convinced either but I need to try a First personal shooter before I make my final decision. Up to now it's been mostly wii-like gaming that I've seen for Kinect. Time for some big boy games.

Muddy
11-21-2011, 08:18 PM
Ya'll are crazy man... I just don't know this game fever you suffer from...

Hal-9000
11-21-2011, 08:27 PM

I'm on pc...but imagine this:

You hit online play...the game sorts out servers, number of players, which maps for you...while you wait 45 seconds.Just enough time to get a cold one.

Then 8 - 16 guys start at once in a contained area, maybe 4 square blocks of a city or similar venue.There's stairways, tunnels, windows and buildings with open windows and doors, all interconnecting.

and you can hear the other guy's boots and gunshots....all you have to do is point and shoot when you see another guy and the game keeps track of your kills,
even giving you a killshot replay of the last 5 seconds when some guy kills you :lol:

matches are 10 minutes long and go by quick....and it's all automatic, you just sit there and run n gun while your heartrate goes through the roof.

PorkChopSandwiches
11-21-2011, 08:35 PM

You hit online play...the game sorts out servers, number of players, which maps for you...while you wait 45 seconds.Just enough time to get a cold one.

Then 8 - 16 guys start at once in a contained area, maybe 4 square blocks of a city or similar venue.There's stairways, tunnels, windows and buildings with open windows and doors, all interconnecting.

and you can hear the other guy's boots and gunshots....all you have to do is point and shoot when you see another guy and the game keeps track of your kills,
even giving you a killshot replay of the last 5 seconds when some guy kills you :lol:

matches are 10 minutes long and go by quick....and it's all automatic, you just sit there and run n gun while your heartrate goes through the roof.

This reminds me of how a wank

Muddy
11-21-2011, 08:38 PM

I think I would have been more attracted to it if games were good like that when I was a youth... I prolly just missed the train..

Now... Imagine this.. Getting on a 900lb, 215 horsepower with super charger and intercooler and running 75 miles per hour across a body of water... Now, that's fun to me!

Hal-9000
11-21-2011, 09:53 PM
I think I would have been more attracted to it if games were good like that when I was a youth... I prolly just missed the train..

Now... Imagine this.. Getting on a 900lb, 215 horsepower with super charger and intercooler and running 75 miles per hour across a body of water... Now, that's fun to me!

Can you do it nekkid, online with 15 other dudes from the comfort of your living room? :rolleyes:

The simplicity is what makes first person shooters rock.One hand to run and the other to shoot.....it's soooooo much fun :thumbsup:
and you're right...the graphics are so precise now, most venues have paper and other crap flying around, random sounds...it makes a fella nervous and unload on anything...

Godfather
11-21-2011, 10:05 PM

Different generations is all it is man :lol:

Hal-9000
11-21-2011, 10:22 PM
yeah I'm sure some of the guys kicking my ass last night online were at least 9 years old :sad2:

Acid Trip
11-21-2011, 10:56 PM
Controlling the gun is way too damn hard using hand gestures. Go to 2:30 in the video and see what he has to do to aim and fire.

Muddy
11-21-2011, 11:01 PM
I watched the video, it does look pretty cool..

Godfather
11-22-2011, 12:04 AM
Controlling the gun is way too damn hard using hand gestures. Go to 2:30 in the video and see what he has to do to aim and fire.

Yeah I wonder if that was part of the reason this game has been delayed a few times... the Kinect needs softwear sensitive enough to detect less dramatic movements because if it doesn't look cool, people won't like it.

samarchepas
11-22-2011, 01:07 AM
Might just be me but...I would NEVER trade my old school controller for a Kinect/PSmove/Wii...might be fun at parties but other than that? meh!

Godfather
11-22-2011, 03:08 AM
Yeah I'm of a similar mindset... although the prospect of actually throwing grenades like baseballs and changing mags for realz is something I'd at least give a chance :mrgreen:

Hal-9000
11-22-2011, 05:05 PM
w,s,a,d and the mouse are like extensions of my hands in FPS...