PDA

View Full Version : Woman accused of stabbing Oakland Park neighbor who wouldn't give her $5.00

Teh One Who Knocks
11-21-2011, 10:49 PM
By Danielle A. Alvarez, Sun Sentinel

OAKLAND PARK — When her neighbor wouldn't give her some cash, an Oakland Park woman used a steak knife to avenge her financial rejection, authorities said.

Dorothy Cooper, 59, stands accused of stabbing her neighbor, Robert Martin, after he refused to give her $5, according to a Broward Sheriff's Office affidavit.

At a first appearance hearing on Monday, Judge John "Jay" Hurley ordered that Cooper be held without bond on one count of attempted murder.

Late Saturday night, Cooper went to Martin's home in the 200 block of Northwest 32nd Street and asked him for $2. When he refused, she asked him for $5. When he didn't hand over the money the second time, Cooper became outraged and attacked Martin with a steak knife, the affidavit said.

She stabbed him in his back and then chased him outside. "The victim fell to the ground and the suspect left him there for dead returning to her home," the document said.

Along with the stab wound in his back, Martin suffered another wound to the buttocks. Rescuers took him to Broward General Medical Center where he was initially placed in intensive care, according to Dani Moschella, a Sheriff's Office spokeswoman. He was not listed as a hospital patient on Monday afternoon.

According to the affidavit, Cooper gave detectives conflicting statements about the attack – initially saying she was provoked because Martin asked for sex and struck her but then saying she was angry because he wouldn't give her the money she wanted.

Muddy
11-21-2011, 10:51 PM
I had a neighbor rip me off $20 one day... I went to that bitches work to try and recoup it... It was actually one of my neighbors floozy girlfriends... bitch...

Hal-9000
11-21-2011, 10:51 PM
there's more to that story than just 5 bucks :lol: