PDA

View Full Version : Christian Bale: I'm Done Playing Batman

Teh One Who Knocks
11-26-2011, 04:23 PM
By Zach Johnson - Us Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/YrUvz.jpg

Christian Bale's days as a superhero are over.

"I wrapped a few days ago so that will be the last time I'm taking that [Batman hood] off," The Dark Knight Rises star tells the Philippine Daily Inquirer. "I believe that the whole production wrapped yesterday, so it's all done. Everything's finished. It's me and [director Christopher Nolan] -- that will be the end of that Batman era."

The era began in 2005, when Bale joined forces with Nolan to reinvigorate the flailing franchise, based on a series of graphic novels. (Previous actors who played Batman include Adam West, Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer and George Clooney.) The first film, Batman Begins, earned $372 million worldwide, though its sequel The Dark Knight (costarring the late Heath Ledger) fared much better, earning $1 billion globally.

The Dark Knight Rises features some old characters -- Lucius Fox (Morgan Freeman), Alfred Pennyworth (Michael Caine) and James Gordon (Gary Oldman) -- and introduces some new faces: Catwoman (Anne Hathaway), John Blake (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) and Bane (Tom Hardy).

"In many ways, [Hathaway] has the hardest job," Bale, 37, says. "There are a number of people who feel that the Catwoman role has been defined previously. So, I always saw Anne's role as being the toughest job of any of us."

As for Gordon-Levitt, 30? "Joseph is a very intriguing guy," Bale says. "He's somebody who truly seems to love acting. He's a good, smart guy."

The Dark Knight Rises hits theaters July 20, 2012.

Godfather
11-26-2011, 04:47 PM
I cannot wait for Dark Knight Rises :mrgreen:

I wish Bale wouldn't swear off a 4th movie so quickly. This is bar-none my favorite series of Batman movies.

DemonGeminiX
11-26-2011, 05:00 PM
Yeah, I think Nolan and company did a really awesome job with this. I'd hate for it to be driven in the ground with sequel after sequel like all the horror franchises, but on the other hand, I'd hate for it to be rebooted by somebody who couldn't touch this series with a 10-foot pole.

beowulf
11-26-2011, 06:25 PM
always like christian bale and thought he did a good job of batman

they were filming only a few miles from me about 5 months ago............used a local stately home to double as Wayne Manor

Godfather
11-26-2011, 06:34 PM
Yeah, I think Nolan and company did a really awesome job with this. I'd hate for it to be driven in the ground with sequel after sequel like all the horror franchises, but on the other hand, I'd hate for it to be rebooted by somebody who couldn't touch this series with a 10-foot pole.

Exactly, better the devil you know that the devil you don't :lol:

We know they won't be able to leave this franchise alone for more than 5 or 6 years tops. :roll:

Godfather
11-26-2011, 06:35 PM
always like christian bale and thought he did a good job of batman

they were filming only a few miles from me about 5 months ago............used a local stately home to double as Wayne Manor

That's awesome!

Leefro
11-26-2011, 06:44 PM
Could they just stop with the whole batman bollocks

Godfather
11-26-2011, 06:45 PM
Whaaaaa

Leefro
11-26-2011, 06:49 PM
You are Robin and I claim my 5 pounds

Hal-9000
11-26-2011, 07:45 PM
guy at work used to do a pretty mean Bale/Batman voice :lol:

that - I need a cough drop voice made me laugh everytime..