PDA

View Full Version : French Toddler Dies after Being Locked Inside Washing Machine

Teh One Who Knocks
11-28-2011, 06:45 PM
By NewsCore

http://i.imgur.com/9VXG2.jpg

PARIS - A three-year-old French boy died after allegedly being locked inside a washing machine that was switched on as a punishment, Le Parisien reported Monday.

Bastien Champenois' father is accused of loading the naked toddler into the machine at the family's home in Germigny-l'Eveque, just outside Paris, and then running a cold wash cycle for a few minutes.

Christophe Champenois, 33 -- who was arrested by police soon after the incident last Friday -- was reported to have wanted to punish his son for misbehaving at kindergarten. The boy had flushed a classmate's drawings down the toilet.

Bastien's mother, Charlene, aged 25, released her son and ran to a neighbor's house with his limp body in her arms, claiming he had fallen down the stairs.

"I took him in my arms like a broken doll," the neighbor, Alice, told the newspaper. "I felt the last beat of his heart. Charlene didn't move. She was red all over. She didn't understand he was dead."

The parents stuck to their story about an accident on the stairs, but the couple's five-year-old daughter told neighbors how her brother was locked inside the washing machine and that it was not the first time. Sometimes the three year old was locked inside a closet for around two hours, she said.

Christophe Champenois was charged with murder of a minor. Charlene Champenois was charged with not preventing a crime and not assisting a person in danger.

Richard Cranium
11-28-2011, 06:50 PM
Sad,

But so many opportunities for frenchy frog jokes..

PorkChopSandwiches
11-28-2011, 06:51 PM
Its hard to get the smell out

Hal-9000
11-28-2011, 07:42 PM
what's bad is that they did it and then lied about it...should be a little extra jail time for that

MrsM
11-28-2011, 07:51 PM
WTF is wrong with people :(

FBD
11-28-2011, 11:12 PM
that's fkd up! all you need to beat a toddler is a little friggin patience!

Noilly Pratt
11-28-2011, 11:31 PM
They should be sentenced to clean out the French sewers...

minz
11-28-2011, 11:57 PM
Speechless :(

deebakes
11-29-2011, 02:34 AM
:rip: little man...