PDA

View Full Version : Who Is That T-Mobile Spokeswoman?

Teh One Who Knocks
11-29-2011, 03:22 PM
By Mike Krumboltz | Yahoo TV

http://i.imgur.com/CvDAV.jpg

Sitting around watching TV this Thanksgiving weekend, many viewers must have caught commercials for T-Mobile. Web interest in the cell phone carrier's brunette spokesperson Carly Foulkes is through the roof.

Well, kind of. Many admirers didn't exactly know her name, so they searched on a variety of terms to help identify the pink-and-white-clad spokesperson.

Online lookups for "t-mobile spokesperson," "t-mobile commercial woman, "t-mobile girl," and "t-mobile girl name" all posted gains. Those who already knew the pitchwoman's name had sent lookups on "Carly Foulkes" up 34%.

Watch Foulkes' T-Mobile spot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcYWGwQu2WI

Foulkes, 23, is no doubt best known for her cell phone commercials. But from the looks of her résumé, she's branching out into movies and TV. She has a role in "Powers," a TV pilot based on the acclaimed comic book series. The project co-stars Lucy Punch, Vinnie Jones, and Jason Patric. Foulkes will play a superhero known as Retro Girl. Comic creator Brian Michael Bendis describes the character as "the Princess Di of the 'Powers' world."

Foulkes isn't the only commercial star to draw interest in the search box. Also perennially popular: Flo from the Progressive Insurance ads. The excitable insurance saleswoman played by Stephanie Courtney inspires plenty of searches week after week. Web lookups for "flo progressive" and "who is progressive flo actress" are popular time and again, a sign that Progressive has itself a successful ad campaign.

But Courtney isn't just about insurance. She's had appearances in acclaimed shows "House" and "The Comeback," and a five-episode stint in "Mad Men." See if you can spot her in this clip from the first season.

Foulkes and Courtney are the most popular commercial stars, but a third actress is coming on strong in the search box. Karme Boixadera appears in the commercials for Amazon's Kindle Fire. She's starred in a "True Blood" spoof commercial for Axe deodorant.

Of course not every star of commercials goes on to a Hollywood career. But it has happened. Rebecca Gayheart was, for years, best known as the "Noxzema girl." And Ali Larter of "Heroes" used to pitch perfume for (don't laugh) Designer Imposters.

http://i.imgur.com/Z42po.jpg

Muddy
11-29-2011, 03:36 PM
Great finishing picture... :thumbsup:

Now if you could get T-mobiles service to work when you wander 2 miles away from the major highways... :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-29-2011, 03:39 PM
I have to go way out into the backcountry to lose my signal...their coverage in Colorado I will put up against any carrier. That's the reason I've been with them for 8 years or so now.

DemonGeminiX
11-29-2011, 03:39 PM
I've been drooling over this woman ever since her first appearance in these commercials. I think I posted a few pics of her in one of the pic threads.

She is fucking beautiful.

:drool:

DemonGeminiX
11-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Slightly LSFW

http://i.imgur.com/fYDmF.jpg

Carly Foulkes, the T-Mobile 4G Girl

http://i.imgur.com/N5oaY.jpg

Muddy
11-29-2011, 03:52 PM
I have to go way out into the backcountry to lose my signal...their coverage in Colorado I will put up against any carrier. That's the reason I've been with them for 8 years or so now.

My neighbor is a regional guy for them.. I can get any phone I want from them FOC.. I just cant use them because so much of Virginia is rural that I just cant hand them the contract.. Verizon kills everyone else around these parts..

DemonGeminiX
11-29-2011, 03:55 PM
T-mobile sucks in rural areas. When you're in a city, yeah they rock. But when you're not, good luck getting a signal. It's just the way it is.

redred
11-29-2011, 04:04 PM
works over most of the uk for me:lol:

DemonGeminiX
11-29-2011, 04:06 PM
works over most of the uk for me:lol:

:hand:

I'm talking about rural areas, not an island the size of Delaware.

Muddy
11-29-2011, 04:07 PM
Come use that bitch down in Cumberland county and see what happens... :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
11-29-2011, 04:28 PM
T-mobile sucks in rural areas. When you're in a city, yeah they rock. But when you're not, good luck getting a signal. It's just the way it is.

I've had service in some parts of the backcountry where there shouldn't have been any

Teh One Who Knocks
11-29-2011, 04:28 PM

I'm talking about rural areas, not an island the size of Delaware.

:burn:

DemonGeminiX
11-29-2011, 04:56 PM
I've had service in some parts of the backcountry where there shouldn't have been any

By all accounts, I should've been able to get a signal out at my house for the two years I was with them, but I never could. And I don't live in the backwoods. I could get a signal out at Walmart... but that didn't help me out at my house. I've talked to them about it dozens of times before I finally dropped them for Verizon. Today still, anyone who has T-mobile that comes to my house can never get a signal here. It's just the way it is. They suck out here.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-29-2011, 04:58 PM
Maybe it's the signal from the NSA satellite watching your house interfering with the T-Mobile signal :-k

DemonGeminiX
11-29-2011, 05:02 PM
Maybe it's the signal from the NSA satellite watching your house interfering with the T-Mobile signal :-k

I don't think so. They just suck out here.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-29-2011, 05:16 PM

I don't think so. They just suck out here.

:tinfoil:

Muddy
11-29-2011, 05:21 PM
Get out of here with your ol' substandard phone service..

Teh One Who Knocks
11-29-2011, 05:28 PM
4 full bars at 4G :hand:

Muddy
11-29-2011, 05:30 PM
They told me at Verizon when big events come to town(Nascar) etc. that T-Mobile has to bring in "mobile cellular trailers" to handle the load because their network isn't big enough to handle the load..

Softdreamer
11-29-2011, 05:31 PM
#wonders if she can handle my load# :-k

Muddy
11-29-2011, 05:32 PM
We've seen your pictures dude... I'm sure she can.. :d

redred
11-29-2011, 05:56 PM
4 full bars at 4G :hand:

we don't have that yet ,they've got to the thinking about it stage :sad2:

Muddy
11-29-2011, 06:49 PM
All BS aside, I'd dump Verizon in a second if someone could give me good strong signals at a cheaper price... You guys know I can't stand being in bed with big brother...

Softdreamer
11-29-2011, 10:18 PM
We've seen your pictures dude... I'm sure she can.. :d

:coat:

Muddy
11-29-2011, 11:35 PM
:coat:

:lol: Im just kidding man... It was just an opportunity for me to razz you..

Griffin
11-29-2011, 11:41 PM
Back to the commercial, I've seen it for weeks and the part were the elves are on the assembly line swaying their heads it sounds like the song says "...walking in an orgy wonderland!"