PDA

View Full Version : Herman Cain Reassessing Whether He Will Remain in GOP Race

Teh One Who Knocks
11-29-2011, 04:54 PM
By Amy Walter - ABC News

Herman Cain’s chief of staff Mark Block confirmed to ABC News that the candidate told his senior staff this morning he’s reassessing whether to stay in the race, as reported by the National Review.

Cain said that he’ll make his final decision “over the next several days,” according to the National Review.

Cain’s deputy campaign manager, Linda Hansen, told ABC News that on the conference call Tuesday morning, “Mr. Cain told staff simply that, just as every time significant events occur, a reassessment is prudent.”

“A good businessman looks at the entire landscape before making decisions,” Hansen said. “He is, and has been, committed to promoting the issues and solutions that will make this nation stronger. Nothing about that has changed.”

On Monday, a Georgia woman said she had a 13-year long affair with the former chief executive of Godfather’s Pizza. Cain denied the affair, saying that Ginger White was a friend that he helped out financially but he did not have an extramarital affair with her.

“Now with this latest one we have to do an assessment as to whether or not this is going to create too much of a cloud in some peoples’ minds as to whether or not they should support us going forward,” Cain told about 90 people on the conference call, the Des Moines Register reported.

Cain has been dogged by reports of sexual harassment in recent weeks.

Two other women have publicly accused Cain of sexual harassment when he was head of the National Restaurant Association in the late 1990′s.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-29-2011, 04:55 PM
*sigh*

Muddy
11-29-2011, 05:14 PM
He's a victim I think... Whats fucked up is no one can prove or disprove the allegations... What a crock.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-29-2011, 05:16 PM
He's a victim I think... Whats fucked up is no one can prove or disprove the allegations... What a crock.

Exactly....and all this BS just crippled his campaign because these unfounded allegations is all anyone talks about when it comes to Cain now. I fully expect him to bow out before the end of the week.

Muddy
11-29-2011, 05:24 PM
I think the whole thing could have possibly been illustrated by other GOP candidates, tbh. Or at least some of their constituents..

DemonGeminiX
11-29-2011, 05:25 PM
:-s

Illustrated or orchestrated?

Teh One Who Knocks
11-29-2011, 05:27 PM
I think the whole thing could have possibly been illustrated by other GOP candidates, tbh. Or at least some of their constituents..

I don't doubt that one bit

Muddy
11-29-2011, 05:28 PM
:-s

Illustrated or orchestrated?

I guess orchestrated..?

FBD
11-29-2011, 05:49 PM
Yeah, basically, by people that do not want to see a conservative in the white house. Its reflective of how shit scared they were of seeing Cain run against Obama, because it woulda been a landslide.

Deepsepia
11-29-2011, 06:06 PM
I believe we have the nucleus of ticket that I'd vote for: Clinton (Bill) & and Cain 2012, with a special guest appearance by Tiger Woods as Secretary of Blondes.

Acid Trip
11-29-2011, 06:11 PM
All of his accusers have MASSIVE money problems which I also find very interesting.

I have to admit I never thought Cain stood a chance. There is a TON of money behind keeping the current tax code and all it's deductions, credits, etc. The lobbyists spent a lot of time getting the world's most complicated tax system put in place, and they by no means do they want to give up the loopholes they put in for themselves.

A flat tax plan like 9-9-9 also goes against the current political establishment. Right now the tax code is modified quite frequently via political favors. With a simple tax code every addition would be under intense scrutiny.

Acid Trip
11-29-2011, 06:12 PM
I believe we have the nucleus of ticket that I'd vote for: Clinton (Bill) & and Cain 2012, with a special guest appearance by Tiger Woods as Secretary of Blondes.

Cain and Clinton would be an unstoppable force. We would have to rename D.C. to B.J.

Deepsepia
11-29-2011, 06:16 PM
More seriously, why is his girlfriend yapping on tv? I mean, if I'm having a long term affair with someone, and things are going well for them, what's the point of fucking with this good thing? The girlfriend is saying that everything between them is cheerful, ok, let's say it is.

So why not keep it cheerful?

I never thought Cain was electable, but trawling through people's personal lives is idiotic, and it never stops. You end up with a country in crisis, where serious people are trying to have a serious discussion about our future, and we get "he grabbed my tit"