PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: The Old Republic

Shady
11-29-2011, 11:52 PM
Who of you is going to nerd out and play this MMO? I've been watching this one for a couple of years and I am anxiously awaiting it.

Finally comes out December 20th.

Acid Trip
11-30-2011, 05:34 PM
It's been so long in development I feel like I have to try it out. I'm also a fan of BioWare games because they usually do a good job. I might not pick it up right away but if you tell me what server you're on I'll create a guy there.

Acid Trip
11-30-2011, 09:06 PM
I should add that I prefer to play the bad guys or Empire in this case. The good guys are always such pussies.

Shady
11-30-2011, 09:43 PM
I'm definitely going to have to play Empire as well. My main is going to be a Sith Assassin. I got to play during there beta stress test weekend and it's got me hooked. Some of the game systems remind me of Mass Effect and in a very good way.

Here's the intro cinematic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfNhs6sh3_Q

Acid Trip
12-01-2011, 05:34 PM
I'm definitely going to have to play Empire as well. My main is going to be a Sith Assassin. I got to play during there beta stress test weekend and it's got me hooked. Some of the game systems remind me of Mass Effect and in a very good way.

Here's the intro cinematic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfNhs6sh3_Q

Thanks for the video. I checked out the games website a lot yesterday and the way the characters were taking cover behind objects reminded me of Mass Effect. Nice to see that's a definite element in the game.

I loved Mass Effect 2 so if this is better I might get hooked pretty fast.

Muddy
12-01-2011, 05:36 PM
I like to make drawrings when I'm in the bath...

Noilly Pratt
12-05-2011, 08:41 AM
My nephew was...don't know what they're calling it...beta testing? Alpha? Dunno but he was in this really early on doing testing for this. He says he can't wait for me to try it -- that I'll be very impressed. I been on WOW Cataclysm for the freebie (up to the 20th level) and I find that a very involving thing when I'm in the mood.

Acid Trip
12-07-2011, 09:20 PM
My nephew was...don't know what they're calling it...beta testing? Alpha? Dunno but he was in this really early on doing testing for this. He says he can't wait for me to try it -- that I'll be very impressed. I been on WOW Cataclysm for the freebie (up to the 20th level) and I find that a very involving thing when I'm in the mood.

I played WoW when it first came out. I leveled a Shaman up to 60, got the High Warlord PVP rank, and then quit right after the first expansion came out. They nerfed Shaman into irrelevance and there was no way I was starting over.

Glad to hear your nephew like the beta. Beta periods are usually pretty buggy since they are working out the kinks. If he liked the buggy version the real deal must be pretty good.

Acid Trip
12-12-2011, 06:07 PM
Shady,

I'll be making a Sith Inquisitor and then going the Sorcerer route. Either that or Bounty Hunter Mercenary. From what I've been reading if you pre-order the digital copy we might be able to get in as early as tomorrow.

Shady
12-13-2011, 05:24 AM
Indeed, they are sending out early play invites tomorrow. The catch is it is based on when you pre-ordered your digital copy. So the super nerds that preordered in August will get to the game before the guys like me who only preordered a week or two ago. Or it could be a lotto situation. I have to laugh at some of my friends though, they preordered through gamestop and wont get to play til the 20th.

Acid Trip
12-13-2011, 04:09 PM
Indeed, they are sending out early play invites tomorrow. The catch is it is based on when you pre-ordered your digital copy. So the super nerds that preordered in August will get to the game before the guys like me who only preordered a week or two ago. Or it could be a lotto situation. I have to laugh at some of my friends though, they preordered through gamestop and wont get to play til the 20th.

I put my pre-order in like 5 days ago so we'll probably get our invites around the same time. Did you notice they charged a god damn $5 pre-order "fee" when buying through EAgames online? What a crock of shit!

Acid Trip
12-16-2011, 07:15 PM
Just got my invite.

Server: Kathol Rift Name: Darktrip

Shady
12-19-2011, 10:56 AM
The addiction has taken over me once again. i got my invite Thursday and I now have more that 2 days of game time. I didn't even think to check to see if you had gotten yours acid.

Im on...I can't even remember what server im on. something the indomidable or somethign like that. My brain is fried, time to go to bed and do it again tomorrow.

Characters are Modulus-assassin, Meatstank-sith warrior, Leenah-bounty hunter

Acid Trip
12-19-2011, 07:18 PM
The addiction has taken over me once again. i got my invite Thursday and I now have more that 2 days of game time. I didn't even think to check to see if you had gotten yours acid.

Im on...I can't even remember what server im on. something the indomidable or somethign like that. My brain is fried, time to go to bed and do it again tomorrow.

Characters are Modulus-assassin, Meatstank-sith warrior, Leenah-bounty hunter

Looks like we missed each other. I'm already up to 24 on my Inquisitor so it's a bit late to re-roll on another server.

Shady
12-20-2011, 12:11 AM
I may have to roll a republic toon just cause it seems like they are being underplayed. Probably a smuggler or something like that.

Acid Trip
12-22-2011, 05:27 PM
I may have to roll a republic toon just cause it seems like they are being underplayed. Probably a smuggler or something like that.

I got into a lot of PvP games last night. The Republic finally had enough people on that we weren't forced to play Huttball against fellow Empire players.

Shady
12-23-2011, 09:07 AM
I think I broke the game.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e334/schade630/402676_776076451354_194305415_36133753_1426618372_ n.jpg

Acid Trip
12-23-2011, 02:43 PM
I think I broke the game.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e334/schade630/402676_776076451354_194305415_36133753_1426618372_ n.jpg

Nice! If only the decimal was moved a few places to the right...

Midnight_Beacon
01-31-2012, 10:18 PM
I'm also playing however I'm Republic & a Goody Two Shoes :P Playing Star Wars The Old Republic has been very interesting. I'm trying not to give away spoilers - but there are some hard decisions at times. Hard as in our game play stops while we think about how we want to answer. This normally has my husband & I discussing the answer at length. I got my first Dark Side points ever & it just underlined what we already knew. I don't handle betrayal well. Even in a video game.

Acid Trip
02-01-2012, 04:33 PM
I'm also playing however I'm Republic & a Goody Two Shoes :P Playing Star Wars The Old Republic has been very interesting. I'm trying not to give away spoilers - but there are some hard decisions at times. Hard as in our game play stops while we think about how we want to answer. This normally has my husband & I discussing the answer at length. I got my first Dark Side points ever & it just underlined what we already knew. I don't handle betrayal well. Even in a video game.

There is an option you can turn on that tells you whether a response will trigger light or dark side points before you select it. If you are trying to avoid one side or the other it's pretty useful.

I always look for the "I'm done talking and now I'm going to kill you" option. That's a sure fire way to increase my dark side points :mrgreen: