PDA

View Full Version : NHL and other ice hockey discussion

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

samarchepas
03-01-2011, 08:17 PM
Exemple: Alexei Cherepanov, when he had an heart attack on the bench (he was playing for the Avangarde Omsk)...when he had his heart attack there was no ambulance at the arena and on top of that the defibrillator's battery there was drained...he was drafted in the 1st round by the Rangers in 2007, you would never see something like that happen in the NHL, well it did happen to Jiří Fischer but there was an ambulance on site and a working defibrillator there and he survived. (No Wonder no Super Star players don't want to go to the KHL)

Godfather
03-01-2011, 08:21 PM
True that...great point Sam

And back to the money.... while the exact numbers are kind of a secret in the KHL, it's fairly well known that while it's better than the AHL - it can't touch the NHL salaries. So even if you're a fringe NHL'er or hope to be.. you're probably going to stay here and give it a shot.

Godfather
03-01-2011, 08:21 PM
Canucks play the Blue Jackets tonight. Max will be in the lineup (don't think Higgins will)

I'm pumped to see him play :D

Hopefully being on a good team again will put some spring back in Higgins step. I understand he was a top 6 player for a year or two in Montreal (25+ points one season) but has yo-yo'd in his performance and bounced around the league a bit since

samarchepas
03-01-2011, 08:29 PM
BTW Alain Vigneault knows Lapierre well (He coached him in the juniors) and he was always loved by the crowd in Montreal...but Higgins I dunno WTF happened with his career :lol:...scored 20+ goals in a season 3 seasons in a row and seemed to get better every year (people once thought he was the next Captain for the Habs :lol:)...he changed attitude and got traded.

Godfather
03-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Strange... Maybe Higgins will wake up. The Canucks organization doesn't take kindly to guys fucking around with bad attitudes (Wellwood and Obrien could both tell you that clearly)

That's cool about Lapierre though. Another french guy to annoy the hell out of the rest of the league (burrows is well known to be one of the most annoying guys out there on the ice). Should be fun :lol:

Joebob034
03-01-2011, 08:50 PM
I remeber that game when Jiri collapsed, unfortunately he was never able to play again but he lived which obviously is more important. I think he's a scout with them now.

samarchepas
03-01-2011, 09:36 PM
He became the Red Wings' director of player development.

Godfather
03-02-2011, 06:41 AM
Crummy game except for the shootout which went to the 8th round and Raffi Torres pulled out the win for us

We could have easily lost that one pretty badly though!! Thanks Lou :thumbsup:

samarchepas
03-02-2011, 10:20 AM
Habs Won! :dance: (Thanks to Price!!) 23 shots for..41 against won 3-1 and I saw the Canucks game and it was not as bad but without Lou in the 3rd...would not be a win there :lol: (1 shot in the first 10 minutes :lol:)

Teh One Who Knocks
03-02-2011, 11:04 AM
Another standard night....Bruins win and the Avs lose :banana:

Jezter
03-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Another standard night....Bruins win and the Avs lose :banana:

Rask was awesome in that game.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-02-2011, 06:29 PM
Rask was awesome in that game.

It's about time....he's had a pretty lousy season so far :wha:

samarchepas
03-02-2011, 08:06 PM
He's a good backup goalie though...(ok not as good as last year...but Thomas took back his number 1 job) for Rask a ,921 save %,2.66 GAA...quite good...the only problem here is his 9-11 record :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Boston has only lost 19 games this year....11 of them by Rask ;)

samarchepas
03-02-2011, 09:56 PM
Stats-wise it makes me think of Carey Price last year...had good stats...but just didn't win games! :lol:

MrsM
03-03-2011, 11:52 AM
Leafs win in OT agains Pens :dance:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Big game tonite....Boston and Tampa. They are both tied with 81 points in the east...this is for sole possession of the #2 seed

RBP
03-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Here come the Hawks, the mighty Blaaaaackhawks!

6 in a row! BAM!

Teh One Who Knocks
03-03-2011, 12:38 PM
And they're still only in 4th place....tied with Phoenix [-(

MrsM
03-04-2011, 01:38 AM
Leafs win again - 3-2 over Philly :dance:

Godfather
03-04-2011, 01:46 AM
Nucks play Nashville tonight *zzzzz*

samarchepas
03-04-2011, 02:25 AM
Won 4-0 against the Panthers :D, 7th shutout this year for Price. (1 goal allowed in the last 2 games)

Godfather
03-04-2011, 04:44 AM
....Lost 3-0... to Nashville... God they're boring. And we're in a slump, not that it particularly matters. The players don't seem concerned

samarchepas
03-04-2011, 04:55 AM
Its better to be in a slump right now than in 17 games (in the playoffs)...and with all the offense they can have...its only a matter of time before they start scoring again.

deebakes
03-04-2011, 05:44 AM
ditto (even baseball :lol: )

Godfather
03-04-2011, 06:23 AM
Its better to be in a slump right now than in 17 games (in the playoffs)...and with all the offense they can have...its only a matter of time before they start scoring again.

Yeah for sure. Like Samuelsson said... the year he and the Wings won the cup, they lost something like 10/11 games around this time of year *shrug*

Teh One Who Knocks
03-04-2011, 11:02 AM
Bruins beat the Lightning last night for #7 in a row and sole possession of 2nd place in the east :banana:

And we own the tie break over Tampa now too because we won the season series 3-1 :dance2:

samarchepas
03-04-2011, 03:50 PM
Yeah for sure. Like Samuelsson said... the year he and the Wings won the cup, they lost something like 10/11 games around this time of year *shrug*

...and the Blackhawks lost 9 in a row last year before winning the Stanley Cup...so it happens, and the problem is offense and with the big guys the Canucks have, its only a matter of time before they start scoring again.

Godfather
03-05-2011, 07:39 PM
We play LA tonight! That's a great young team, looking forward to it... at least more than the last game vs Nashville and the next two against the Ducks and the Coyotes :lol:

RBP
03-05-2011, 07:43 PM
7 in a row for the Hawks :dance:

Godfather
03-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Dammed bandwagon RBP shows up in the thread when the team's hot :x

:P I wouldn't be surprised if you won the next two as well :lol: Florida and Toronto coming up

Detroit better look out if they want to hold onto Central!

MrsM
03-05-2011, 08:15 PM

:P I wouldn't be surprised if you won the next two as well :lol: Florida and Toronto coming up

Detroit better look out if they want to hold onto Central!

Bite your tongue :slap: - Toronto... they are hot now and only a few pts out of a playoff spot

Godfather
03-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Yeah but it's Chicago... pillaged after the Cup last year or not... it's Chicago :lol:

RBP
03-06-2011, 02:44 AM
8 in a row... :dance2:

RBP
03-06-2011, 02:45 AM

I don't watch much until football's over. :oops:

samarchepas
03-06-2011, 02:58 AM
Habs won 4-2 against Tampa (4th in a row) :dance2:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-06-2011, 01:59 PM
I don't watch much until football's over. :oops:

Hockey was always my #1 sport...until the lockout and rule changes :|

samarchepas
03-06-2011, 03:59 PM
For me its the exact opposite :lol:...didn't follow hockey much before the lockout :lol: (the only rule I'd change is the instigator rule...less head shots/ dirty hits back then...)

Godfather
03-06-2011, 05:35 PM
I missed almost all of the Canucks game yesterday.. I just didn't expect a game vs LA to be at noon!!! Oh well, 3rd period was good and we won!

Taylor Hall is out for the season after a fight where he sprained his ankle

RBP
03-06-2011, 05:38 PM
I missed almost all of the Canucks game yesterday.. I just didn't expect a game vs LA to be at noon!!! Oh well, 3rd period was good and we won!

Hey what's a little goal tender interference between friends. :lol:

Godfather
03-06-2011, 05:40 PM
:lol: It was a love tap, happens all the time

That being said, even though it helped us get 2 points I still think it should probably be reviewable after a goal...

RBP
03-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Hard to review judgement calls... even if it's clear (like in this case) :lol:

RBP
03-06-2011, 05:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5REK9LFMxY

I tease the GF....

Godfather
03-06-2011, 07:04 PM
I actually thought it was Doughty who stopped Quick from getting over to the other post more than Burrows' little nudge :lol:

But I'm obviously a tad biased

MrsM
03-06-2011, 07:08 PM
I didn't see anything that wrong with that play - he was bumped - but both teams were guilty.

samarchepas
03-06-2011, 07:46 PM
nothing wrong here...he touched him but while outside the crease...I've seen goals with Price getting completely pushed out of his net...and the goal was allowed.

Godfather
03-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Yep, it happens. There have even been one or two where Lou had the puck in his pads and he's been shoved into the net and had it count :lol:

Sometimes ref make bad calls, and others you just have to accept hockey is a tough game and the goalie doesn't get a force-field

samarchepas
03-06-2011, 07:53 PM
They do...no doubt about it...but I think they got it right this time :lol:.

Godfather
03-06-2011, 08:00 PM
Rangers are beating Phili 5-0 :dance:

I can't stand NY but I don't want Phili getting the points. And the Phili guys say our team is overrated :roll:

samarchepas
03-06-2011, 08:21 PM
NYR 7 Flyers 0...:rofl:

Godfather
03-06-2011, 09:14 PM
:rofl: Awesome

samarchepas
03-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Sadly Lundqvist gets his 9th shutout...will be a lot harder for Price to get pass him (he got 7)

Godfather
03-07-2011, 07:52 AM
Yaaaay... finally we won two in a row :lol: For the first time in a dozen games

samarchepas
03-07-2011, 09:14 AM
Yep...too much talent in that lineup for that slump to last long :lol: (The same happened to the Flyers...but them, they took it harder :lol: Lost 4 in a row including the 7-0 against the Rangers yesterday :D)

Godfather
03-07-2011, 06:19 PM
For sure :D

When is Montreal gunna turn it on and take the Northeast away from Boston anyways?!?!

I'd kill for a Montreal-Vancouver finals

samarchepas
03-07-2011, 06:37 PM
Working on it :lol:...Price was named the 3rd star of the week :) (we did have the lead...until that damn 3 points out of 14 like 2 months ago)

Godfather
03-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Oh well, it's not really that important. You guys are still healthily in a playoff spot... not too much of a race in the East really :-k And you're quite a few points ahead of 7th

I can't believe how close the playoffs are now!!

samarchepas
03-07-2011, 06:59 PM
I think that right now...the plan is try to get the 5th spot, Tampa is just 2 points away.BTW there IS a race in the east...between the 7th and the 10th spot.

Godfather
03-07-2011, 07:39 PM
Maybe 7th and 9th.. Toronto isn't going to make it though :P

11th-5th, even 4th are tight in the West :thumbsup: Going to be interesting

samarchepas
03-07-2011, 07:57 PM

11th-5th, even 4th are tight in the West :thumbsup: Going to be interesting

MrsM will get you!!! :hills: (BTW the Devils are 12th...I would not be surprised at all if they make it)

samarchepas
03-09-2011, 02:48 AM
Chara is now on my hate list for life...he nearly KILLED Pacioretty!!!

RBP
03-09-2011, 02:58 AM
Hawks came out slow tonight and gave up 3 in the first. Lost 3-2.

samarchepas
03-09-2011, 03:12 AM
We won against the Bruins 4-1...but I'm still in shock though...Heard that he is able to move his arms and feet, which is good....

MrsM
03-09-2011, 03:14 AM

What!! :slap:

MrsM will get you!!! :hills: (BTW the Devils are 12th...I would not be surprised at all if they make it)

They may not make it - but they are doing better than anyone thought in the beginning of the season.

Leafs at least got a point tonight :dance:

samarchepas
03-09-2011, 03:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx2AxYxgqRA The hit at 0:45

Joebob034
03-09-2011, 04:56 PM
holy shit, I wonder if Chara realized he was that close to the divider, I mean I never thought of Chara as a dirty player.

samarchepas
03-09-2011, 05:14 PM
Never DID I joebob...until yesterday! (Look at where Chara is looking before the hit...you can see that he can see the divider just fine)

samarchepas
03-09-2011, 05:33 PM
Fractured 4th cervical vertebra and a severe concussion for Pacioretty.

MrsM
03-09-2011, 06:11 PM
Fractured 4th cervical vertebra and a severe concussion for Pacioretty.

wow - that sucks - I wonder if the league will look into it

samarchepas
03-09-2011, 06:26 PM
They did...I don't expect much (Chara is a star in the league...not a goon like Gillies)
Some people THINK it was not intentional because it's Chara...if it was Cooke doing the same thing it would be an outrage all around the league.

samarchepas
03-09-2011, 08:33 PM
Ok now I'm officially pissed...NO suspension for Chara
http://ezpicshare.com/images/254939843.jpg
You tell me he didn't intend to do it?!

Godfather
03-10-2011, 03:42 AM
Wait what the fuck?!?! How could Chara not get suspended?!?

He broke the dude's back :wha:

I wish they just had an independent council of people who know hockey but who don't know who the stars to rule on suspensions :lol: It can't be organized but in principle it'd be nice if the treated stars the same way as the enforcers. Guys like Ov keep getting off easy for dirty bullshit

samarchepas
03-10-2011, 03:59 AM
I agree with the independent council (without the :lol:) Campbell and Murphy just proved that they can't do the job right.And by independent I mean, not employees of the NHL and even better...don't mention their names, so no organization will be able to "bribe" them.(And YES I''m still pissed BIG time)I was sure that I was seeing our best scorer right now die before my eyes last night! Even more horrifying, his PARENTS were at the game! He was "lucky" to "only" have a broken vertebrae and a severe concussion.Just to give you an idea GF...imagine the same thing happening to Hank or his brother.

Godfather
03-10-2011, 04:14 AM
Christ his mom must have been in tears :(

I agree... this kind of thing needs to be reviewed by an unbiased committee.

That being said, I can't believe they called it unintentional given the history between the two that's being talked about. Chara is a douche. Chara threw his elbow up... it was clearly intent to injure. And now the kid's career could well be over. Thankfully his C4 that was fractured didn't get displaced.. hopefully he'll play again. The kid is 22 right?! :(

I wish I hadn't seen the replays... it was revolting seeing the kid lying there

Godfather
03-10-2011, 04:23 AM
PACIORETTY TELLS TSN HE IS 'DISGUSTED' AT LACK OF SUSPENSION

Montreal Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty spoke to TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie from his hospital room on Wednesday evening about the injury that he suffered against the Boston Bruins on Tuesday night.

Pacioretty shared his thoughts with TSN after learning earlier in the day of the NHL's decision not to take any further disciplinary action against Boston defenceman Zdeno Chara, who checked Pacioretty into the bench divider at the boards. Pacioretty suffered a severe concussion and a fractured vertebrae on the play.

"I am upset and disgusted that the league didn't think enough of (the hit) to suspend him," Pacioretty told TSN. "I'm not mad for myself, I'm mad because if other players see a hit like that and think it's okay, they won't be suspended, then other players will get hurt like I got hurt.

"It's been an emotional day. I saw the video for the first time this morning. You see the hit, I've got a fractured vertebrae, I'm in hospital and I thought the league would do something, a little something," said Pacioretty.

"I'm not talking a big number, I don't know, one game, two games, three games...whatever, but something to show that it's not right."

Chara was assessed a major penalty for interference and a game misconduct when the incident occurred late in the second period of Montreal's 4-1 victory. On Wednesday, NHL senior vice-president of hockey operations Colin Campbell had a telephone hearing with Chara, and later issued a statement that said in part that "after a thorough review of the video I can find no basis to impose supplemental discipline...I could not find any evidence to suggest that, beyond this being a correct call for interference, that Chara targeted the head of his opponent, left his feet or delivered the check in any other manner that could be deemed to be dangerous."

"It's been hard, obviously I feel bad about what happened," said Chara about the incident. "I was trying to make a strong hockey play and play hard. It's very unfortunate that [Pacioretty] got hurt and had to leave the game. It is in my mind."

Pacioretty disagreed with Chara's assessment of what happened on the play.

"I heard (Chara) said he didn't mean to do it. I felt he did mean to do it. I would feel better if he said he made a mistake and that he was sorry for doing that, I could forgive that, but I guess he's talking about how I jumped up or something."

"I believe he was trying to guide my head into the turnbuckle. We all know where the turnbuckle is. It wasn't a head shot like a lot of head shots we see but I do feel he targeted my head into the turnbuckle."

Pacioretty also told TSN that he feels better physically than he thought he would after the incident. He explained that he has a sore neck and some other issues. He is very encouraged and gratified by the support that he has received from Montreal fans and his family.

samarchepas
03-10-2011, 04:55 AM
Thats the disturbing part about it...NOBODY asked Pacioretty what happened, only Chara....its like asking a murderer "Did you kill him" and he then says "no" so...ok then you are free to go!

FBD
03-10-2011, 07:38 PM
it looked worse from one side as opposed to the other, it didnt look intentional, but...yeah, that shit is dangerous, that divider was colored red for a reason.

somehow a game misconduct isnt enough to call attention to it though? so a game misconduct is nothing to sneeze at?

if a defenseman doesnt cover that then he gets beat down the side every single time, its just unfortunate that it happened right at that bad spot.

samarchepas
03-10-2011, 08:26 PM
Look at post #572 and tell me its not intentional ;)...btw what is better for the league itself...seeing a defenseman losing position or seeing a 22 years old kid DYING on the ice? (Pacioretty,Bergeron,Booth,Savard,Crosby...no goons in that list...the league needs to wake up here!)

FBD
03-10-2011, 09:02 PM
bah, I watched the vid from both sides to make that determination. creative cropping from a very specific angle isnt enough to convince me of someone's intent.

I understand the need for player's safety, but this is one single very specific area of the ice taken at certain angles when it becomes dangerous in this manner. Creating a restrictive rule and threatening huge punishments is only going to undermine the game itself.

If they really want to fix this, devise some way to springload that divider so that if someone does happen to hit it in this manner again they arent going to have their head damn near taken off.

samarchepas
03-10-2011, 09:31 PM
bah, I watched the vid from both sides to make that determination. creative cropping from a very specific angle isnt enough to convince me of someone's intent.

I understand the need for player's safety, but this is one single very specific area of the ice taken at certain angles when it becomes dangerous in this manner. Creating a restrictive rule and threatening huge punishments is only going to undermine the game itself.

If they really want to fix this, devise some way to springload that divider so that if someone does happen to hit it in this manner again they arent going to have their head damn near taken off.

Its not the divider that is the base of the problem here (well it is in a way...) He knew it was there and still decided to "finish his check"...so again "Pacioretty,Bergeron,Booth,Savard,Crosby..." didn't have enough yet? do we really need to see someone actually die before doing something?

Godfather
03-11-2011, 02:05 AM
Yeah I'm really not sure what has to happen before the league cracks down... I've yet to see a suspension over high hits that was suitable

This might be one of the biggest crisis' the NHL has faced

MrsM
03-11-2011, 02:08 AM
I heard that Air Canada (one of the leagues big sponsors) has said that they would consider pulling their money if the league does not control head shots. Not sure about the all the details - just heard it on the radio

Godfather
03-11-2011, 02:34 AM
I'm not surprised there is a corporate response.... the video is all over youtube as the most viewed. People everywhere want to tune in and watch a kid get run into glass at 50km/h by a guy with 6 inches and 50 pounds on him :wha:

There's going to be some serious pressure from the media and anyone with an outlet to voice their opinion

The league better quietly create some protocol to review the hit again and punish Chara... if for no other reason than to save face. I'm actually surprised Bettman didn't swing it that way in the first place strictly based on the $$$ (I really do think he's an evil fuck)

samarchepas
03-11-2011, 02:40 AM
If you want to wake up the NHL...pick in their pockets (The police in MTL is making an investigation on the "incident")

Godfather
03-11-2011, 02:52 AM
Interesting... but doubt anything will come of that... charging guys for conduct during pro sports is really uncharted territory; and truth be told, not something I really want to see set in precedent.

That could lead to the end of fighting and good hitting in hockey... which is the other end of the spectrum that any hockey fan doesn't want. There needs to be some strong but reasonable punishment dealt here. It shouldn't be overly affected by the media attention either... that's something I always fear. Non-hockey people getting their greasy fingers in the pot for no real reason other than media and money.

That being said... this is really, really bad. It's shocking that the problem of overreaction (if that's possible here) isn't really what's happening, but instead the league brushing it off

Looks like Steve Moore is using this to piggy-back a new lawsuit against Bertuzzi for himself :roll:

samarchepas
03-11-2011, 03:10 AM
The fans had enough of this...and the Sponsors of the NHL are threatening of backing out.

Godfather
03-11-2011, 04:19 AM
I'd be willing to bet the NHL could call the sponsors bluff though...

samarchepas
03-11-2011, 05:00 AM
http://www.vancouversun.com/news/stars+Henrik+Sedin+Thornton+into+Zdeno+Chara+decis ion+Bruins/4419822/story.html
Hank ain't happy with the decision (some Stupid Bruins fans gave Chara a standing tonight)
oh well...lost 4-1 tonight against the Blues...tough night for everyone...tired of talking about but about the sponsors, if fans (which are potential buyers of their products) are outraged by the attitude of the NHL and see that the said company is supporting the NHL, they might just stop buying their products...btw Habs owner Geoff Molson made a public statement that he was totally outraged by the decision of the NHL.

Godfather
03-11-2011, 07:35 AM
Canucks won tonight... great game. We weren't the better team but found a way to win! :D

samarchepas
03-11-2011, 07:41 AM
The way you win doesn't matter...a Win's a win! :lol:

MrsM
03-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Leafs lost :(

FBD
03-11-2011, 04:59 PM
The fans had enough of this...and the Sponsors of the NHL are threatening of backing out.

need real solutions, not snapback kneejerk punishments on players for crossing the threadlike line they have to deal with in real time. do what you get paid for and defend, or, consider the guy's vaj before attempting to check someone into the boards? :rolleyes:

gonna kill the game if you arent careful.

MrsM
03-11-2011, 05:20 PM
The problem is that big hits energizes the team and the fans. It also demoralizes the other team. Guys are bigger, faster and in better shape then any other time in hockey. People are going to get hurt. As for Chara's hit. Yes it looks like he drove the guys head into the bar. but that was a still photo. If you look at the video, he was finishing the check. Since he is so tall his hands are on the other players shoulders/head area.

Bottom line is the guy got hurt badly - so everyone is in an uproar. I'm not trying to take away from the tragedy that happened to the player. But to me, it was a good check. If the guy didn't get hurt - everyone would be cheering Chara for an awesome hit.

Also - If Chara let up and didn't take him out against the boards, and he happened to get around and score, then Chara did not do what he is paid to do.

I know he is not paid to break a guys neck - but in a contact sport people get hurt. IMHO, the media is telling the fans that we should be outraged at all the head shots. Hits like this were going on before the Chara hit (and Crosby, Savard, etc, etc) and will continue to happen.

To me - the players need to gain more respect for each other. If the league keeps trying to do knee jerk reaction sanctions everytime something happens, then they will fail. there is too much interpretation into what is legal or what the intent was, which leads to gray areas and frustration.

[/rant]

samarchepas
03-11-2011, 05:45 PM
It WAS a good check...I'm not saying otherwise...the problem is where he was when he did that check, he saw the divider (when you play the game for 20+ years...you know where it is) Sure you can't read his mind to know if he meant to do it...but you couldn't read the mind of Gillies but he got 10 games.I DON'T want to make hockey a no contact (All-Star game all season long?EWWW) SO it goes with respect between the players...and the only way its going to change, suspensions and pick in their wallets.If this goes on, we will see someone die on the ice at some point...and saying its only part of game...won't help at all.

FBD
03-11-2011, 06:46 PM
I'm still voting for the spring loaded base for that spot, it will lessen the amount of force required to move it. :D

samarchepas
03-12-2011, 09:36 PM
Won 3-0 against the Penguins! :dance2: (8th shutout this season for Price!!)

MrsM
03-13-2011, 03:51 AM
Big win for Toronto tonight against Buf :dance:

RBP
03-13-2011, 07:14 PM
Great game but the Caps beat the Blackhawks in OT. :x

Godfather
03-13-2011, 11:02 PM
Canucks go 5-0 on the road against 5 desperate teams :dance:

samarchepas
03-14-2011, 12:13 AM
Told you it was just a matter of time before they start winning again...:lol: (Didn't use the ''easy way" against Calgary...2-0 in the first 2 minutes :lol:)

Godfather
03-16-2011, 12:09 AM
If Calgary wins every game and we don't get more than 2 points in our last 11, we could still lose the North West :lol:

8-[ *knock on wood*

RBP
03-16-2011, 12:12 AM
If Calgary wins every game and we don't get a single point, we could still lose the North West :lol:

8-[ *knock on wood*

Last night on Versus the question was asked, "do you see any flaw in Vancouver right now?"

Answer: "Chicago in the first round."

:demon:

Then they went on to bash Luongo because he's never gotten passed the 2nd round. :lol:

Godfather
03-16-2011, 12:18 AM
Chicago's gunna get knocked out first round by LA :dance:

RBP
03-16-2011, 12:19 AM
Chicago's gunna get knocked out first round by LA :dance:

Repeat baby! :tup:

Godfather
03-16-2011, 12:20 AM
One can only hope! Be interesting to face Chi town again :lol:

samarchepas
03-16-2011, 03:56 PM
Lost 4-2 against the Caps yesterday...9th win in a row for them.

Godfather
03-16-2011, 05:08 PM
We have 11 games left... if Schneider gets to start 6 of them (he's starting tonight)... he'd have played the minimum 25 and would be a strong contender for the Calder :-k

I'd love to see that, the kid deserves a chance at least.

Right now he's 13-3-2

samarchepas
03-16-2011, 09:26 PM
But even if he has the minimum...chances are that it's going to be a forward that will win it, (Logan Couture or Jeff Skinner)

MrsM
03-16-2011, 09:41 PM
Hey Samarchepas - found something for you...

Hope you like

May be slightly NSFW
http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-image-hosting-54/3038tumblr_lgswqerlHM1qzp7tgo1_500.jpg (http://hotchyx.com/)

Teh One Who Knocks
03-16-2011, 10:34 PM
Canuckleheads are going down tonight :dance: The Mighty Avalanche are in town :dance:

samarchepas
03-17-2011, 01:06 AM
Hey Samarchepas - found something for you...

Hope you like

May be slightly NSFW
http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-image-hosting-54/3038tumblr_lgswqerlHM1qzp7tgo1_500.jpg (http://hotchyx.com/)

http://hosting01.hotchyx.com/adult-image-hosting-54/7360Screenshot.png (http://hotchyx.com/)Adult Image Hosting (http://hotchyx.com/)

Godfather
03-17-2011, 01:28 AM
Canuckleheads are going down tonight :dance: The Mighty Avalanche are in town :dance:

We shall see :mrgreen:

samarchepas
03-17-2011, 03:12 AM
:dance: Lapierre just scored (Higgins got an assist too!)...2-1 Avs now

MrsM
03-17-2011, 04:49 AM
Leafs won - they are not out of it yet :dance:

Godfather
03-17-2011, 05:49 AM
Canucks dusted the Avs 4-2 :P

Teh One Who Knocks
03-17-2011, 11:51 AM
:dance: Lapierre just scored (Higgins got an assist too!)...2-1 Avs now

I didn't think they were gonna win, I just wanted to tease GF if they had pulled off the upset :lol:

Canucks dusted the Avs 4-2 :P

I should hope so, the Avs are the 3rd worst team in the NHL FFS :lol:

samarchepas
03-17-2011, 02:14 PM
Yup....they lost 19 of their last 20 games...WTF happened then....is a mystery (they were playing quite good until that streak begun) :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Good draft pick :banana:

The Avs are only one point ahead of being the 2nd worst team in the NHL...trying to get the #1 pick :dance2:

Godfather
03-17-2011, 04:03 PM
I should hope so, the Avs are the 3rd worst team in the NHL FFS :lol:

You guys had a 2-nothing lead after 20 :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-17-2011, 04:45 PM
You guys let the lowly Avs get up 2-0 in your barn? :shock:

Canuckleheads won't make it out of the first round in the playoffs :nana:

Godfather
03-17-2011, 04:56 PM
:lol: We used a rookie goalie with 30 games in the NHL and played our 3rd and 4th lines for half the game

But we'll see :P Lots of analists out there looking for reasons to dis the canucks, but given our 10 point lead on the entire league and changes since last year... it's just kind of hollow and tiring.

I think it'll be a great playoff run year for us. *knock on wood*

Teh One Who Knocks
03-17-2011, 06:21 PM
The Avs can help Calgary tonight by giving them 2 points :cheerlead:

Godfather
03-18-2011, 12:37 AM
Oh no you don't, don't give Calgary a single point :x

Teh One Who Knocks
03-18-2011, 12:50 AM
2 points for Calgary! 2 points for Calgary :dance2:

Godfather
03-18-2011, 01:22 AM
Dammit Lance...

Godfather
03-18-2011, 01:22 AM
2-1 Calgary... Avs are on the board!

Teh One Who Knocks
03-18-2011, 10:47 AM
Flames! :woot:

samarchepas
03-18-2011, 04:54 PM
Won against Tampa :dance: (even if we had *9* players on IR!!)

Godfather
03-18-2011, 05:13 PM
We play Phoenix tonight, looking forward to it. Could be a playoff preview

RBP
03-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Refs sucked last night but the Hawks sucked worse. yeek!

samarchepas
03-19-2011, 04:36 AM
*Waits for GF to go :x about the refs*....:lol:

Godfather
03-19-2011, 04:44 PM
Seriously though... the reffing that game was a joke. I thought the coaches were going to walk out :lol:

That 5 minute major against Burrows was horseshit. Is he getting punished for Chara? I think perhaps. If the guys gets suspended I'll shit my pants.

Still... reffing or not, that was the most boring game of the year. The last 5 minutes were kinda fun but otherwise it was lame.

samarchepas
03-19-2011, 05:14 PM
yup...0-0 until the Refs decided to change the outcome of the game...That was worth a 2 minutes...not a 5 and a game misconduct

Godfather
03-20-2011, 08:18 AM
This Malhotra stuff is scary :( Guy might not regain vision in his eye after a freak deflection led a puck straight at his eye socket. He's now had eye surgery and the team seems quite emotional about it, unsure whether he'll ever regain vision, let alone play again :wha:

I hope he's alright. Seems like a great guy, well respected and loved by his team. Hugely important to the PK, the 3rd line and one of the best face-off men in the league.

samarchepas
03-21-2011, 01:42 AM
Just PWNED the Wild 8-1 :dance: (PK Subban got a hat trick!!!)

Godfather
03-21-2011, 04:43 AM
Great for Subban :D Saw a couple of his goals, fantastic.

samarchepas
03-21-2011, 10:23 AM
Yup!:D first rookie to have an hat trick since Oleg Petrov in 1993 and first defenseman since 2003 for the Habs.

Godfather
03-21-2011, 05:11 PM
Really?!? Wow, that's wicked. I'm surprised it's been so long

samarchepas
03-21-2011, 05:36 PM
Yup I was surprised about it too...BTW just to top that (:D) He was named 3rd star of the week in the NHL.

RBP
03-21-2011, 06:14 PM
HUGE win for the Hawks last night over Phoenix. :woot:

Godfather
03-21-2011, 07:39 PM
I hope Phili doesn't win their next few, the President's trophy isn't locked up yet!!

MrsM
03-21-2011, 07:56 PM
President's trophy is the kiss of death in the playoffs

Sadly something the Leafs probably won't see again this year :(

Godfather
03-21-2011, 08:07 PM
I don't know where people get that notion :lol:

Teams that win the president's trophy, win the cup 30% of the time... those are huge odds given that there are 16 teams in the playoffs, all with a fairly strong chance of going far... 15/16 teams share only 70% of the odds. The rest of the time, that 1/16 who won the President's Trophy wins the Stanley Cup

Those are pretty good odds if you ask me :P

That's if you even believe in NHL stats predicting anything.... I don't. I just think it'd be great to win it, which the Nucks never have done

samarchepas
03-21-2011, 10:08 PM
Malhotra's season over (dunno if he will be back at some point...but its safer for him to be out for now anyway...health first) and the news of the NHL of the day: :D...Matt Cooke suspended for for the rest of the season and the first round of the playoffs.
Edit:Note again on Subban just found that out...He is the first defenseman in Habs history to score a hat trick.

Godfather
03-22-2011, 12:48 AM
That's a long history too :shock:

Funny about Cooke.. that guy is a shit disturber

Malhotra being out for the season is a big loss to the dressing room and our PP and faceoff. But that's really not the concern in the long run. I just hope he gets vision back in his eye :(

Someone told me today: "it's not because of visors, he just wasn't paying attention".....

I wanted to slap him :wha:

Godfather
03-22-2011, 12:54 AM
Check out whose stick they're selling at 0:31 :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls7VE8CjZRg&feature=player_embedded#at=58

samarchepas
03-22-2011, 03:26 PM
That's a long history too :shock:

Funny about Cooke.. that guy is a shit disturber

Malhotra being out for the season is a big loss to the dressing room and our PP and faceoff. But that's really not the concern in the long run. I just hope he gets vision back in his eye :(

Someone told me today: "it's not because of visors, he just wasn't paying attention".....

I wanted to slap him :wha:

Like they say at Nike....Just do it! :rofl:

Godfather
03-23-2011, 12:13 AM
Hockey Superheros :lol:

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1dkm42/www.torontolife.com/daily/informer/the-sporting-life/2011/02/01/nhl-and-stan-lee-give-each-pro-hockey-team-its-own-superhero-we-rate-all-30-including-the-lousy-%2525e2%252580%25259cmaple-leaf%2525e2%252580%25259d/attachment/bruin/

samarchepas
03-23-2011, 01:09 AM
Thats old man...:lol: it was released at the All-Stars Game ;)

MrsM
03-23-2011, 02:31 AM
Thanks for nothing Habs - couldn't beat the Sabers to help the Leafs?

Oh well - Leafs won :dance:

samarchepas
03-23-2011, 03:00 AM
Tell me about it! :(....Price was great (most boring game of the year!...2-0...with an empty net goal!)...btw no offense but with just 9 games to play and 7 points out of the playoffs...going to be hard for them to get in.

Joebob034
03-23-2011, 04:02 PM
Cooke says he will change his play now :roll:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/hockey/nhl/03/22/pittsburgh.penguins.matt.cooke.ap/index.html

samarchepas
03-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Well if he doesn't get the message...he will never get it! :lol: (Should be interesting to see what Ray Shero will do about it at the end of the season...)

RBP
03-23-2011, 05:20 PM
Caps @ Flyers was a fun game to watch last night!

samarchepas
03-24-2011, 07:03 PM
First game against the Bruins since the Pacioretty incident tonight...should be interesting.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-24-2011, 09:34 PM
Avs are gonna punk the Leafs tonite...we're on a winning streak baby :banana:

MrsM
03-24-2011, 09:38 PM
Come on Lance - you know it would better for both teams if the Leafs won - you could get a better draft pic and the leafs woould give Boston a higher pick

Leafs win is a win/win for all :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-24-2011, 09:42 PM
Down go the Leafs :x

MrsM
03-24-2011, 09:46 PM
Down go the Leafs :x

It's spring - the buds are coming out. I do believe that the Avalanches always travel downhill (aka going down)

Teh One Who Knocks
03-24-2011, 09:49 PM
:x

RBP
03-24-2011, 09:52 PM
I love it when MrsM talks about going down :oops:

samarchepas
03-24-2011, 11:22 PM
Come on Lance - you know it would better for both teams if the Leafs won - you could get a better draft pic and the leafs woould give Boston a higher pick

Leafs win is a win/win for all :tup:

actually the Leafs winning would just give the Bruins a LOWER draft pick :lol: (the lower the rank the Leafs are...the higher the draft pick gets)

Godfather
03-25-2011, 12:37 AM
:lol: Lance... cheering against your own team's future to bother me over a team in a different conference?!?!

Time to fry-pan yourself!!

MrsM
03-25-2011, 12:38 AM
actually the Leafs winning would just give the Bruins a LOWER draft pick :lol: (the lower the rank the Leafs are...the higher the draft pick gets)

When I said higher - I meant a later (worse) pic. Either way GO LEAFS GO :dance:

samarchepas
03-25-2011, 02:40 AM
DAMN!...lost 7-0 (And no...the goaltenders were not bad...would have been worse)...not a SINGLE goal scored since we won against the Wild 8-1...thats being shutout 2 games in a row...

MrsM
03-25-2011, 03:34 AM
Leafs Win :dance: - 3 points out of the playoffs :dance2:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-25-2011, 11:30 AM
Obviously it was fixed [-(

MrsM
03-25-2011, 02:02 PM
Obviously it was fixed [-(

It's ok Lance :empathy: - you will thank us later when the Avs get a better draft pick

samarchepas
03-25-2011, 03:30 PM
Its a win/win....and a lose/win situation there :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-25-2011, 04:28 PM
The Avs need more help than 1 good draft pick is gonna get them. One player isn't gonna help unless it's the next Patrick Roy or Marty Brodeur.

samarchepas
03-25-2011, 04:53 PM
...and even if it was...it takes a few years for a goalie to be at his best (25 years old+ normally)...but can't score goals (maybe once in a career...but ya...:lol:)

MrsM
03-25-2011, 05:00 PM
The Avs need more help than 1 good draft pick is gonna get them. One player isn't gonna help unless it's the next Patrick Roy or Marty Brodeur.

But a good pick with some good off season signings - then things will start to look up - look at the blackhawks.

DemonGeminiX
03-26-2011, 05:35 AM
So I see the Flyers clinched a playoff spot.

:cheerlead:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-26-2011, 12:17 PM
Oh great, now the bandwagon fans are out :roll:

:dance:

Godfather
03-26-2011, 04:13 PM
Bahaha :lol: Burn

samarchepas
03-26-2011, 04:22 PM
How does it feel to beat Byfuglien GF?:lol:

RBP
03-26-2011, 06:22 PM
Down 5-2 with under five minutes left in the game, the Anaheim Ducks needed all the help they could against the Nashville Predators on Thursday night. Unexpectedly, Nashville defenseman Ryan Suter was willing to lend a hand … for a deflection off of his glove and into his own net on a Teemu Selanne shot.

As own-goals go, that one was pretty tame. But with 27 seconds remaining in the game, Suter struck again on behalf of the Ducks, putting the puck past goalie Pekka Rinne in a rather unique fashion: By kicking it out of the air and into his own net.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1SS7U9HJeY

DemonGeminiX
03-26-2011, 07:04 PM
Oh great, now the bandwagon fans are out :roll:

:|

Excuse me?

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2011, 02:40 AM

Excuse me?

You show up when the playoffs are close to starting after your team has clinched a spot....FFS Jez has more posts in here than you and he's not an NHL fan :nono:

http://i.imgur.com/sD0lj.jpg

samarchepas
03-27-2011, 02:48 AM
241 posts in here :woot: :lol:....lost 3 straight games in a row by shutout...2-0 (first time that happens since 1949...:|)

DemonGeminiX
03-27-2011, 04:00 AM
You show up when the playoffs are close to starting after your team has clinched a spot....FFS Jez has more posts in here than you and he's not an NHL fan :nono:

http://i.imgur.com/sD0lj.jpg

So because I have no posts in here, that makes me a shitty hockey fan? That's your criteria for being a good sports fan? Having posts on a forum minutely dedicated to the sport in question?

Yeah.... ok.

:rolleyes:

RBP
03-27-2011, 04:02 AM
So because I have no posts in here, that makes me a shitty hockey fan? That's your criteria for being a good sports fan? Having posts on a forum minutely dedicated to the sport in question?

Yeah.... ok.

You suck, accept it. :lol:

DemonGeminiX
03-27-2011, 04:22 AM
You suck, accept it. :lol:

Hey, wait a minute, man. Forget about season tickets. Forget about watching it on TV religiously for your entire life. If you're not posting about it in the appropriate thread on an internet forum, then you're not a real fan. All those guys that were cheering for their teams before the internet was freely available to the open public, they were never real fans. No, they were posers.

;)

DemonGeminiX
03-27-2011, 04:26 AM
GF lived and breathed hockey for his entire life, but he was never a real fan until he started posting about it on an internet forum.

Face it GF, before you got on the internet, you were a hockey poser.

:nono:

RBP
03-27-2011, 04:31 AM
:lol: unclench dude, it's all good...

DemonGeminiX
03-27-2011, 04:34 AM
:lol: unclench dude, it's all good...

Are you a true Blackhawks fan? No wait, you're good. You have more posts than me in this thread.

RBP
03-27-2011, 04:52 AM
Are you a true Blackhawks fan? No wait, you're good. You have more posts than me in this thread.

As I admitted, I watch after football. :)

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2011, 09:54 AM

Yeah.... ok.

Hey, wait a minute, man. Forget about season tickets. Forget about watching it on TV religiously for your entire life. If you're not posting about it in the appropriate thread on an internet forum, then you're not a real fan. All those guys that were cheering for their teams before the internet was freely available to the open public, they were never real fans. No, they were posers.

;)

Glad to see that some people have no sense of humor :roll:

Sorry, from now on when I talk to you, I'll make sure it's nothing but serious talk so you won't get all upset about it :rolleyes:

Godfather
03-27-2011, 05:13 PM
Shit got really serious :lol: I make fun of my buddies all the time for their varying levels of sports fanaticism :P It's just good, old-fashion, making life difficult for your buds

Just the other day I formally invited my Calgarian friends to hop on the Nucks bandwagon :lol:

And Sam, it feels great to beat big buf. Wish Maxwell had scored against us though, that woulda been cool

Godfather
03-27-2011, 05:16 PM
We play the blue jackets at 2:00 :wha: Boring and il-timed

Joebob034
03-27-2011, 06:04 PM
great that looked like a separated shoulder reaction last night from Jimmy Howard, perfect timing :doh:

Godfather
03-27-2011, 06:36 PM
I read it's not that bad and he'll be back this week :thumbsup:

DemonGeminiX
03-27-2011, 07:15 PM
Glad to see that some people have no sense of humor :roll:

Sorry, from now on when I talk to you, I'll make sure it's nothing but serious talk so you won't get all upset about it :rolleyes:

:lol:

You think I'm being serious?

DemonGeminiX
03-27-2011, 07:42 PM
:twisted:

Oh look, Philly's hosting Boston tonight.

Too bad we haven't won a game against them yet.

8-[

RBP
03-27-2011, 07:49 PM
Blackhawks choked last night. :doh:

8th place now!

DemonGeminiX
03-27-2011, 07:57 PM
Blackhawks choked last night. :doh:

8th place now!

Looks like Calgary and Dallas are knocking on the door. The good thing is neither one of them play again until Tuesday (Dallas in Phoenix, Calgary hosts Anaheim on Wednesday), yet you have games tomorrow (in Detroit) and Tuesday (in Boston). So you have a few chances to make up some ground.

samarchepas
03-28-2011, 03:30 PM
I'm hoping that the Habs can AT LEAST score a goal tomorrow...getting shutout 4 times in a row...last time that happened...1928 :(

Godfather
03-28-2011, 04:14 PM
Ouch :wha:

Meanwhile, the Canucks picked up win number 50, making this their best season in franchise history!!!

Joebob034
03-28-2011, 05:04 PM
I read it's not that bad and he'll be back this week :thumbsup:

That was a close one. Although he's played pretty well when called on, I dunno if I have that much faith in Joey MacDonald.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-28-2011, 05:42 PM
:twisted:

Oh look, Philly's hosting Boston tonight.

Too bad we haven't won a game against them yet.

8-[

I wonder who won? :-k

:banana:

MrsM
03-28-2011, 07:33 PM
That was a close one. Although he's played pretty well when called on, I dunno if I have that much faith in Joey MacDonald.

That's what happens when you beat Toronto - we will take someone out ;)

let that be a lesson to the rest of you!

Godfather
03-29-2011, 03:54 AM
Fuck, Dan Hamhuis got another concussion... second of the season. Fourth of his career. He's not happy, even grumbled about retirement if it happens again. Can't say I blame him, you don't recover from these things.

Not good to lose our best D-man again right before the playoffs. Going to be going in without Edler, Hamhuis and Malhotra... all guys who play really strong in certain situations with the former two being our arguably our strongest two defensemen. The Canucks will cope, and we're not the only one hurting at all ... but it sure wouldn't have hurt to not lose another big player to a crummy injury

(I think the Pens have played 4 games all season with their biggest four players and yet even without Crosby and Malkin they're doing very well)

Funny though... Hamhuis and Malhotra are the two guys we picked up over the summer everyone was pumped about. The two guys we thought put us over the top to give us this run we're on. It'll be interesting to see how their impact is felt.

DemonGeminiX
03-29-2011, 04:18 AM
I wonder who won? :-k

:banana:

:overkill:

Godfather
03-29-2011, 04:23 PM
Canucks play Nashville tonight... traditionally one of the most boring teams in the NHL to play

That being said, it's a possible playoff matchup so they'll have to take it seriously :thumbsup:

RBP
03-29-2011, 04:29 PM

I thought he had a great game last night despite the loss.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-29-2011, 04:45 PM
Speaking of losses, the Avs played again last night :banana:

Joebob034
03-29-2011, 06:54 PM
I thought he had a great game last night despite the loss.

yeah as soon as that penalty was called at the end of the 3rd I knew it was over. It's so hard to play 4 on 3

Godfather
03-29-2011, 10:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDRIDHWzBQM

Jesus Ottawa is ghey :lol:

RBP
03-29-2011, 10:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDRIDHWzBQM

Jesus Ottawa is ghey :lol:

:facepalm: and they cheered it. :|

Teh One Who Knocks
03-29-2011, 10:40 PM
Why the hell would they even play that? :-s

Joebob034
03-30-2011, 12:08 AM
Hey RBP or Lance, are you watching the game on VS? Because the guy doing the play by play is Ken Dainels who does all the games for the Wings. I've never heard him on VS before. :-k

RBP
03-30-2011, 12:38 AM
Hey RBP or Lance, are you watching the game on VS? Because the guy doing the play by play is Ken Dainels who does all the games for the Wings. I've never heard him on VS before. :-k

Nope. sorry - I'm not home right now.

DemonGeminiX
03-30-2011, 02:31 AM
Flyers 5, Penguins 2

:cheerlead:

MrsM
03-30-2011, 02:35 AM
Toronto Won :dance: - but so did the canes :(

samarchepas
03-30-2011, 04:23 AM
Habs Finally won one! :dance: 198 minutes without scoring a damn goal! 3-1 against Atlanta.

Godfather
03-30-2011, 06:22 AM
Canucks came back and won :dance: Burrows is a beauty.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-30-2011, 10:53 AM
I wonder who won the Bruins/Hawks game? :-k

samarchepas
03-30-2011, 11:16 AM
Let me guess....Hawks? :razz:

Godfather
03-31-2011, 04:30 PM
We play the Kings tonight... should be good.

They're streaming the Canucks practice this morning live :lol: As stupid as it sounds, I'd probably watch if I didn't have to work :P

samarchepas
03-31-2011, 06:57 PM
Stupid?...The habs go sold out once a year for a practice :lol:

Godfather
04-01-2011, 02:11 AM
Nah, watching it streaming online is lame...

Canucks have open practice you can go and watch a few times a year, it's kinda fun... but nothing so great I'd watch it at home

Godfather
04-01-2011, 04:45 AM
Guess who just won the President's Choice Trophy :mrgreen:

It may not be terribly important, but the guys are happy and it's great to see! Still a long road ahead of course

samarchepas
04-01-2011, 04:48 AM
Guess who just won the President's Choice Trophy :mrgreen:

It may not be terribly important, but the guys are happy and it's great to see! Still a long road ahead of course

That's not the trophy that I want them to win :) (The only Canadian team with a REAL chance for the Cup in a while)

MrsM
04-01-2011, 05:05 AM
Leafs won :dance: but pretty much out of the playoff race :(

RBP
04-01-2011, 05:49 AM
Still a long road ahead of course

Chicago in the first round. enough said.

samarchepas
04-01-2011, 11:12 AM
...Without Byfuglien :D

RBP
04-02-2011, 01:58 AM
...Without Byfuglien :D

Even so, they better strap their skates on tight ;)

RBP
04-02-2011, 01:59 AM
Hawks 4-3 in a shootout!! :woot:

Godfather
04-02-2011, 02:02 AM
Chicago in the first round. enough said.

If you guys hold onto 8th place, we'll see ;)

I'll quote you :)

RBP
04-02-2011, 02:09 AM
If you guys hold onto 8th place, we'll see ;)

I'll quote you :)

I plan to as well. ;)

DemonGeminiX
04-03-2011, 06:35 AM
The Flyers aren't doin' too hot right now. That's no way to go into the playoffs.

samarchepas
04-03-2011, 03:34 PM
The Habs beat the Devils and the Oilers beat the Canucks yesterday...April Fool's day a day late or something?:lol:

Godfather
04-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Strange :lol:

I hope it's because the Canucks were told to take it easy. They're playing Schneider now too, so as long as Danny stays on track to win himself the Art Ross and possibly the Hart I'll be happy even if we lose the last few games :lol:

DemonGeminiX
04-03-2011, 07:58 PM
My Flyers lost again. 3rd loss in a row. If they keep playing like this, there's no way in hell they're gonna make it out of the first round of the playoffs.

Godfather
04-03-2011, 08:51 PM
Yeah the Flyers have been cold recently :-k It doesn't really matter as long as they turn it around in the next two weeks, but they're about to lose their hold on the East!

DemonGeminiX
04-03-2011, 08:52 PM
Yeah the Flyers have been cold recently :-k It doesn't really matter as long as they turn it around in the next two weeks, but they're about to lose their hold on the East!

They already lost it. Washington took over yesterday or the day before.

samarchepas
04-03-2011, 09:02 PM
They are missing Pronger quite a lot...I'm guessing that things will get better once he gets back.

Godfather
04-03-2011, 09:06 PM
They already lost it. Washington took over yesterday or the day before.

They're tied right now (Phili got 1 point for their last game), and in a tie the Flyers are on top

DemonGeminiX
04-03-2011, 09:25 PM
They're tied right now (Phili got 1 point for their last game), and in a tie the Flyers are on top

Oh, my bad. I thought they lost to the Rangers in regulation. I didn't see the last period of the game.

RBP
04-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Man these last five games are going to be crazy

DemonGeminiX
04-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Dallas and Calgary are creeping up behind you. Your Blackhawks better win the majority of their final five.

RBP
04-03-2011, 10:40 PM
I know... 1st of the final 5 in 20 minutes. *bites nails*

Teh One Who Knocks
04-04-2011, 12:13 AM
How many more wins before the Avs secure a playoff spot? :-k

samarchepas
04-04-2011, 12:41 AM
Next year Lance...:lol:

Godfather
04-04-2011, 12:55 AM
Oh man I hope we play either Calgary or Chicago round 1, I don't wana see Dallas or Anaheim really. Won't be as fun.

RBP
04-04-2011, 02:12 AM
Ugh... 1-0 Loss. goddammit :x

samarchepas
04-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Get used to it...you will lose Tuesday too...:dance:

Godfather
04-04-2011, 02:41 PM
We play the Oilers tonight *zzzz* I hope the 3rd and 4th lines play most of the game. Don't need to risk any more injuries this close to the playoffs

Man the race to grab the last few playoff spots on the west is getting pretty tight!!!

RBP
04-04-2011, 02:53 PM
Get used to it...you will lose Tuesday too...:dance:

They can't afford to, not with back to back Detroit games to end the season. :doh:

samarchepas
04-04-2011, 03:00 PM
its getting tighter for the East too...(from rank 6 to 10)...so ya...we can't afford losing the last 3 games too.