PDA

View Full Version : Boy, 12, arrested in parents' slaying; brother, sister in critical

Teh One Who Knocks
03-03-2011, 01:02 AM
KDVR-TV Channel 31 (Denver)

BURLINGTON, Colo. -- A 12-year-old boy has been taken into custody in connection with the fatal shooting of his mother and father, and wounding of two siblings in the small eastern Colorado town of Burlington, authorities announced Wednesday.

Officers responded to a home in the 700 block of Lowell Tuesday evening after the 12-year-old called 911 to report the shooting, the Colorado Bureau of Investigations said.

Charles Long, 50, and his wife, Marilyn, 51, were found dead inside. Two of their children, a 5-year-old girl and 9-year-old boy had also been shot.

They were taken to Children’s Hospital in Denver with critical injuries, CBI assistant director Steve Johnson said.

The events leading up to the shooting remain under investigation.

“There are no other suspects at this time,” Johnson said. “We do not think there is any further risk to the community.”

Johnson said the case has been referred to the local District Attorney’s office for the filing of formal charges. The 12-year-old name was not released.

“We continue to hope for the speedy recoveries of the two children in the hospital and share in the sorrow that the Burlington community is feeling right now,” Johnson said.

Burlington, located just a few miles from the Kansas state line, has a population of about 3,700.

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation, Burlington Police, Kit Carson County Sheriff's Office and District Attorney's office are investigating the case.

RBP
03-03-2011, 01:04 AM
Good lord.

Hal-9000
03-03-2011, 01:04 AM
Jesus Christ what's with all of these shootings lately???? :shock:

oh yeah......I'll be quiet and not post what I'm thinking about

*sits on hands*

Hal-9000
03-03-2011, 01:05 AM
weird....RBP and I post a spiritual reference at exactly 6:04

RBP
03-03-2011, 01:13 AM
That situation is going to need all the spiritual support it can get.

Hal-9000
03-03-2011, 01:14 AM
Avoiding the usual argument that may ensue...where did he get the gun from?

RBP
03-03-2011, 01:18 AM
where did he get the gun from?

Probably a gun manufacturer. :)

Hal-9000
03-03-2011, 01:22 AM
Probably a gun manufacturer. :)

I should have saved you the time and just posted that....I didn't exactly know who would get here first tho :lol:

RBP
03-03-2011, 01:23 AM
I just don't feel like arguing guns versus knives again. :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-03-2011, 01:24 AM
Avoiding the usual argument that may ensue...where did he get the gun from?

Small rural town on the eastern plains of Colorado....doesn't say what was used, but I'm gonna guess it was his father's hunting rifle

Yt Trash
03-03-2011, 01:25 AM
Well, it didn't happen in FL.

RBP
03-03-2011, 01:28 AM
Well, it didn't happen in FL.

They had just moved from Florida. :lol:

Hal-9000
03-03-2011, 01:56 AM
I just don't feel like arguing guns versus knives again. :lol:

Oh trust me, the feeling is mutual...

What did FBD use for examples when trying to explain that a person would kill just as easily anyways without a gun?
..being pushed in front of a bus and using your hands :lol: :lol:

Yeah because in all instances where a gun is used you can substitute those two methods :rolleyes:

That's the part that gets old for me...people trying to say that if guns weren't present, other methods are just as easy, fast and convenient as a gun to kill people.
Those people obviously don't own guns or common sense...

RBP
03-03-2011, 02:05 AM
*stabs Hal*

Hal-9000
03-03-2011, 02:09 AM
with what..a lipstick?

:lol:

*bleeds*

I can still fcuk you up before I bleed out....come here! quite moving so fast!!! I'm getting a little sleepy and need to take a quick nap, just hold that thought for a minute....

damn...you ruined my Tommy Hilfiger shirt.When I come to, you're going to pay for this!!!! :x

RBP
03-03-2011, 02:10 AM
*closes Hal's eyelids*

Hal-9000
03-03-2011, 02:12 AM
and you have to touch my crotch to do that???? :lol:

I'M NOT DEAD YET

RBP
03-03-2011, 02:13 AM
:oops:

Godfather
03-03-2011, 03:13 AM
Jesus how fucked... poor family, I hope what's left survives and can find a way to make a life :(

FBD
03-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Oh trust me, the feeling is mutual...

What did FBD use for examples when trying to explain that a person would kill just as easily anyways without a gun?
..being pushed in front of a bus and using your hands :lol: :lol:

Yeah because in all instances where a gun is used you can substitute those two methods :rolleyes:

That's the part that gets old for me...people trying to say that if guns weren't present, other methods are just as easy, fast and convenient as a gun to kill people.
Those people obviously don't own guns or common sense...

"Just as easily" seems to be a bit of a strech...I do recall saying if somebody's absolutely hellbent on killing you, they have plenty of effective options. We all know guns are one of them. What would we be saying if this boy freakin rat-poisoned his parents?

There's very little background to this story...

oh, sup Hal :D how ya been man?

Hal-9000
03-03-2011, 06:10 PM
"Just as easily" seems to be a bit of a strech...I do recall saying if somebody's absolutely hellbent on killing you, they have plenty of effective options. We all know guns are one of them. What would we be saying if this boy freakin rat-poisoned his parents?

There's very little background to this story...

oh, sup Hal :D how ya been man?

no stretch...you used the example of the bus and whole bunch of these ---> :lol: implying that I was wrong to say that a gun kills more easily than other methods at hand....in fact, you thought it was quite humorous that I would bring up that absolute fact.....

anyways, I'm fine thanks for asking

Godfather
03-03-2011, 07:06 PM
So what's the solutions?!

Make handguns illegal? They've done that in Washington DC and that place is like hell :lol: I've read statistically you're more likely to get killed by a gun there than the troops are in Iraq/Afghanistan per 100,000