PDA

View Full Version : Houston mom charged in child beating over mayo jar

Teh One Who Knocks
12-01-2011, 06:11 PM
By MIKE GLENN, HOUSTON CHRONICLE

http://i.imgur.com/8pQQF.jpg

A north Houston woman beat her daughter, causing injuries that sent her to the hospital, because the 8-year-old threw away an empty jar of mayonnaise, officials said.

Paloma Clarissa Martinez, 25, was charged Tuesday with felony injury to a child.

On Aug. 6, Martinez struck her daughter with a shoe and a belt more than 10 times. She also struck her son when he tried to intervene, according to the criminal complaint filed against her.

The girl told her grandmother and an aunt about the incident a few days later. Doctors found several bruises over much of her body.

"Complainant's injuries are consistent with forceful contact with a belt. Complainant has clearly been abused," the criminal complaint stated.

HPD officers questioned Martinez about the incident. She admitted that she "lost it" with her daughter.

Martinez told police that times were hard and she was frustrated. She also admitted that the beating was excessive, according to the complaint.

On Wednesday, Martinez was in the Harris County Jail with bail set at $5,000.

minz
12-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Seriously, some people need to be sterilised to ensure their gene pool never makes it along to the next generation. :(

Acid Trip
12-01-2011, 06:27 PM
because the 8-year-old threw away an empty jar of mayonnaise

:wtf: Am I missing something here? He threw away an empty jar. Is she an recycling fanatic or something?

PorkChopSandwiches
12-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Who hasnt been beat with a belt, kids are such pussies these days

DemonGeminiX
12-01-2011, 06:46 PM

My Dad used a leather belt with a buckle but my Mom used a metal spatula. When I got to be a teenager, my Mom would just throw shit at me whenever I pissed her off.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-01-2011, 06:47 PM

Pffffft.....a belt, please :hand:

My dad used a Louisville Slugger on me when I got outta line [-(

DemonGeminiX
12-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Pffffft.....a belt, please :hand:

My dad used a Louisville Slugger on me when I got outta line [-(

:-s

Was your Dad scared of you or something?

My Dad liked to get in real close with brass knuckles on both of his hands.

Joebob034
12-01-2011, 07:17 PM
she was 17 when she had the kid, nice maybe she was on MTV

Acid Trip
12-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Damn. I got spanked like twice in my life and that's it. My siblings and I didn't think it was a good idea to piss my dad off. He spent 30 years in the Special Forces and to this day scares the living shit out of me.

Hal-9000
12-01-2011, 08:08 PM
I had the stereotypical wooden spoon broken across my backside :lol:

damn I laughed

JoeyB
12-01-2011, 09:29 PM
"Complainant's injuries are consistent with forceful contact with a belt. Complainant has clearly been abused," the criminal complaint stated.

I got the belt a few times when I was a kid. Once for having an accident in my pants even, and not the happy sort of accident a grown man could have. It sucked, by I lived. I don't approve of hitting kids, but...she got hit by a belt a few times, it's not hardcore abuse.

The real abuse in that household is mayo. Who eats that shit?