PDA

View Full Version : Machete attack on ice-cream man in Monsall

Teh One Who Knocks
12-03-2011, 12:06 PM
BBC News Manchester

An ice-cream seller has been attacked with a machete and robbed while selling from his van in Greater Manchester.

The man, 54, was selling ice cream to a child on Lodge Street in Monsall at about 20:00 GMT on Sunday evening when four teenagers approached him and demanded cash, police said.

The attackers tried to pull him out of the van and in the struggle he was cut by the machete on the back of his head.

The teenagers made off with about £20 in 20p pieces from plastic cups.

The machete was believed to have been about 15in (38cm) long.

'Desperate and cowardly'

A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said the teenager carrying the machete was white, between 16 and 18 years old, about 5ft 10in (1.7m) tall wearing a plain grey hooded top and material pulled up over the lower part of his face.

A second teenager, also in his late teens, is described as white, about 5ft 10in (1.7m) tall and of a stocky build wearing a plain grey-hooded top with cords.

The other two teenagers were both wearing dark-coloured hooded jackets with the hoods pulled up.

Det Con Amanda Hardey said: "For all the effort and violence these four teenagers displayed, they escaped with a measly amount of cash.

"No-one, certainly not an ice-cream man, should be subjected to such violence when simply trying to earn a living.

"The fact that a young child had just been served shows how desperate, cowardly and without a conscience these teenagers were and it is more by chance than design no-one was injured with such a dangerous blade being waved about."

deebakes
12-03-2011, 05:15 PM
:wtf:

JoeyB
12-03-2011, 08:42 PM
:wtf:

Just shut the fuck up and give me your ice cream mofo! Or I cut you with my oddly small machete.

minz
12-03-2011, 11:02 PM
This is no surprise to me, Monsall is notoriously a bad area, I've driven miles out of my way before now rather than drive through it, in fact, the whole of Salford is pretty much a no go area for most people. :huh:

JoeyB
12-03-2011, 11:13 PM
This is no surprise to me, Monsall is notoriously a bad area, I've driven miles out of my way before now rather than drive through it, in fact, the whole of Salford is pretty much a no go area for most people. :huh:

I'm just guessing that you don't work for the English Tourist Board.