PDA

View Full Version : Herman Cain Suspends Presidential Campaign

Teh One Who Knocks
12-03-2011, 06:53 PM
Watching his announcement speech now...not sure who I want to support now.

Sad to see a good candidate forced out by character assassination.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Herman Cain suspends presidential campaign
By Chris Moody | The Ticket

http://i.imgur.com/lvraf.jpg

Plagued by allegations of sexual harassment and marriage infidelity, businessman Herman Cain announced Saturday that he is officially suspending his campaign for president of the United States from his home town Atlanta, Georgia.

"Becoming president was Plan A. And before you get discouraged, today I want to describe Plan B. So as of today, with a lot of prayer and soul searching, I am suspending my presidential campaign," Cain said. "I am disappointed that it came to this point that we had to make this decision."

Cain made the announcement at the opening at the headquarters of his new website, TheCainSolutions.com.

Cain, one of the first Republican candidates to launch his campaign for the White House last spring, spent most of his run as an obscure, low-polling candidate that was a hit at tea party rallies. But as the Republican field took shape, and it became clear that high-profile party hopefuls like Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie would not enter the race, Republicans seemed willing to give any of the candidates a fair shake.

Cain's big break came in Florida in September during a presidential debate that preceded a major straw poll of party insiders in the state. Texas Gov. Rick Perry was the front runner at that time, but after he flubbed the debate and told a crowd of Republicans that they didn't "have a heart" if they disagreed with him on immigration policy, Cain's clearly-articulated conservative message earned him a fresh look and victory at the straw poll.

Over the next few weeks, Cain would rise to the top of national and state public opinion polls. He published a book, This is Herman Cain! My Road to the White House, was placed center-stage at the upcoming debates and his economic policy proposal, the very marketable "999 Plan" became the focus of national discussion.

Of course, with national prominence came with it heightened scrutiny from his opponents and the media, and for a while, Cain coasted through without most of the new attacks sticking to him. That is, until Politico published a report alleging that several anonymous women had accused him of sexual harassment while he was president of the National Restaurant Association in the 1990s.

For the most part, Republicans came to his defense. Cain's campaign raised millions of dollars sent to him from supporters who felt he was the victim of unfair and unsubstantiated attacks.

But over the next several weeks, the number of allegations increased. Women began to come forward publicly, with details of the accusations. Slowly, Cain's base of support began to fade, as conservatives still not content with supporting former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney looked for a new candidate to back.

The final death warrant for Cain's hopes for a campaign that stretched into 2012 came when Ginger White, a longtime friend of Cain's, came forward to say that she had sustained a sexual relationship with Cain for several years. She provided cell phone records to prove that they had, in fact, known each other over the years.

Unlike the prior allegations, the response from Cain's lawyer did not issue a denial, but rather a defense that said that the media should not inquire about his "private sexual life."

Cain responded, saying ambiguously that he was reassessing his campaign.

PorkChopSandwiches
12-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Keep you dick in your pants son

PorkChopSandwiches
12-03-2011, 06:56 PM

Ron Paul

Loser
12-03-2011, 07:06 PM

Blame politically biased news media. From day one, all I saw was various tv hosts and news anchors bash this man from channel to channel.

deebakes
12-03-2011, 08:59 PM
:rip:

FBD
12-04-2011, 04:46 PM
Plain as day the contrived character assassination was done because certain people couldnt stand to see Obama run against a real black man, it wouldnt have been a contest in the least.

Post racial my pasty white ass :roll:

Ron Paul is looking better and better...with as much as we have wrong at home and with the fucking fed handing out our money hand over fist...we need a full and complete audit of the fed. (That was my biggest sticking point with Cain, he didnt think auditing the fed was necessary. That's top fucking 5, bro...)

Bottom line, Cain got Palin'd [-(

Muddy
12-04-2011, 04:48 PM

I agree..

PorkChopSandwiches
12-04-2011, 06:09 PM
Plain as day the contrived character assassination was done because certain people couldnt stand to see Obama run against a real black man, it wouldnt have been a contest in the least.

Ron Paul is looking better and better...with as much as we have wrong at home and with the fucking fed handing out our money hand over fist...we need a full and complete audit of the fed. (That was my biggest sticking point with Cain, he didnt think auditing the fed was necessary. That's top fucking 5, bro...)

:lol: Palin was retarded...plain and simple

DemonGeminiX
12-04-2011, 06:22 PM
I'm voting for Clint Webb.

:tup:

Godfather
12-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Holy shit :lol: As long as I can remember I've tried to watch for a candidate that the members of this forum can actually agree on. This guy seems to be the closest I've seen.

So much for that working....... What a shame

Teh One Who Knocks
12-05-2011, 01:39 AM

:lol: Palin was retarded...plain and simple

Yeah, no kidding....don't insult Cain by comparing him to Palin