PDA

View Full Version : Shoplifting mother 'swung her baby at security guards to get away'

Teh One Who Knocks
12-04-2011, 03:09 PM
By Daily Mail Reporter

Two women are accused of using a baby as a weapon by wildly swinging the baby's car seat at security guards after they were stopped for allegedly shoplifting.

Jodie Willis, 25, and 21-year-old Megan Kelley, of Orlando, Florida, are also accused of trying to use the shopping cart, with Kelley's baby daughter in it in a car seat, to push past the guards when they were first stopped at the city's Walmart store.

According to investigators, the two women pushed the cart while they allegedly placed items in a brown bag, myfoxorlando.com reports.

http://i.imgur.com/0XYcb.png

Deputies say when security guards stopped the women, Willis picked up the car seat and violently swung it around.

The police report says it was 'perpendicular to the ground.'

'An officer thought the child was going to fall out, putting the child's life at risk,' the report says.

The arrest report also says Megan snatched her baby and ran out of the store while Willis punched one of the security officers in the face and kicked him in the groin.

Both women have been charged with robbery and child neglect.

Willis was also charged with assault on a law enforcement officer as she was being put in a patrol car.

Several Walmart shoppers witnessed the incident.

Shopper Denise Eaton told Fox 35: 'We've lost our civility lately. We seem to have an appetite for the crude and rude hopefully we'll get back on track.

'Things are gonna happen, it is a bad economy. Just have to be aware of your surroundings and be positive.'

Kelley's boyfriend, who is the baby's father, is currently looking after the child.

Muddy
12-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Have people always been this fucking stupid? Or is it just the digital age that reports it better these days?

deebakes
12-04-2011, 07:42 PM
:wtf:

JoeyB
12-04-2011, 08:46 PM
Have people always been this fucking stupid? Or is it just the digital age that reports it better these days?

Well that's my theory...we just hear more about this stuff these days. Bad shit always happened.

I will say though...I suspect some increase based on our modern, and violent, culture.