PDA

View Full Version : Zoe Kravitz in Talks to Join Will Smith in Sci-Fi Action Adventure '1000 A.E.'

Teh One Who Knocks
12-06-2011, 03:29 PM
by Borys Kit - The Hollywood Reporter

http://i.imgur.com/Hyvia.jpg

M. Night Shyamalan is directing Columbia’s sci-fi action adventure, in which humans no longer live on Earth after it becomes inhospitable. The elder Smith is playing a hero, while Jaden is his son, considered a failure as a warrior. When the two crash-land on Earth, it is up to the son to save the dad.

If deals are made, Kravitz would play Smith’s daughter, while Okonedo will portray his wife.

Gary Whitta, Shyamalan and Stephen Gaghan worked on the script.

The studio is eyeing an early 2012 production start with a release in June 2013.

Kravitz, who was last week honored with a rising star award at the Bahamas International Film Festival, appeared in X-Men: First Class as the mutant Angel Salvadore and stars in the indie drama Yelling to the Sky. Paradigm-repped Kravitz is due to shoot Fury Road, the fourth installment of the Mad Max movies, next year.

British actress Okonedo, repped by UTA, was recently seen in U.K. shows such as Doctor Who and Criminal Justice and appeared in features such as Hotel Rwanda and The Secret Life of Bees.

Godfather
12-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Nooooo use Zoe Saldana :lol: She's SO much hotter than this Zoe

Muddy
12-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Does he get to kiss any white wimmen?

Godfather
12-06-2011, 04:49 PM
He says No :lol:

Muddy
12-06-2011, 04:51 PM
I hate to be a turd... But really... I dont have any want to see Will Smith and his son (the now entitled actor) do a movie together... wtf man? These celebrities are like Royalty around here now... Once you're in, your in for life..

Teh One Who Knocks
12-06-2011, 07:19 PM
I hate to be a turd... But really... I dont have any want to see Will Smith and his son (the now entitled actor) do a movie together... wtf man? These celebrities are like Royalty around here now... Once you're in, your in for life..

Don't forget his daughter who he got a recording contract for and wants to 're-imagine' the musical Annie for her and have her star in the lead role :|

Muddy
12-06-2011, 07:20 PM
No thanks, man... *disgust*

PorkChopSandwiches
12-06-2011, 08:04 PM
M. Night Shyamalan is directing Columbia’s sci-fi action adventure,

No!

Hal-9000
12-06-2011, 08:10 PM
Is Zoe on the left?

yowsa...

Goofy
12-06-2011, 08:19 PM
M.Shite Nightlyman rarely makes decent films anyway [-(

PorkChopSandwiches
12-06-2011, 08:34 PM
M.Shite Nightlyman rarely makes decent films anyway [-(

someone should remind hollywood

Muddy
12-06-2011, 08:42 PM
That movie "devil" was worth watching.

PorkChopSandwiches
12-06-2011, 08:42 PM
until the end

Muddy
12-06-2011, 08:50 PM
What part? the demon saying "damn" ?

JoeyB
12-06-2011, 09:17 PM

I remember when Jaden had his first role opposite Will Smith. Will kept telling all the press that he didn't want his son to just 'get' the part so the kid had to actually audition for the role, and was SO GOOD they had to give it to him.

That story stunk of bullshit. I'm sure being Will Smith's son had NOTHING whatsoever to do with his being cast.

Muddy
12-06-2011, 10:00 PM
Yeah he's living in a dream world... A dream world filled with 2 million dollar on set campers...

Teh One Who Knocks
12-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Will Smith's 'Annie' Remake Officially Announced With Willow and Jay-Z Involved
Will, his wife Jada Pinkett as well as Jay-Z will team up to produce the drama musical which will star Smiths' daughter Willow.
Ace Showbiz News

Jay-Z has confirmed he's teaming up with Hollywood couple Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith to re-imagine the "Annie" musical for the big screen. The trio, who teamed up last year to bring hit musical "Fela!" to the Broadway stage, will be working together on a new version of "Annie", starring the Smiths' daughter Willow Smith, who Jay-Z signed to his Roc Nation label in 2010.

The three superstars will co-produce the film. According to reports, the partnership began over dinner with the Smiths, Overbrook Entertainment executive James Lassiter and the rap mogul, where the quartet decided to co-invest in the now successful beauty products line Carol's Daughter. They continued the partnership as co-producers of "Fela!".

Jay-Z has a little history with "Annie" - he sampled the musical's "It's the Hard Knock Life" in his hit "Hard Knock Life". Confirming the news, Jay-Z says, "The Overbrook Entertainment family and I have a unified vision. We've already produced a Tony Award-winning play and we're developing a true superstar in Willow. This venture into film development and production is a perfect next step with teams that are accomplished, creative, and innovative."

Muddy
12-06-2011, 10:08 PM
I think we should re-imagine Disneys 'The Princess and the Frog' using all white people in it...

JoeyB
12-06-2011, 10:20 PM
I think we should re-imagine Disneys 'The Princess and the Frog' using all white people in it...

How about a white Uncle Remus from Song Of The South?

Hal-9000
12-06-2011, 10:45 PM

:facepalm:

:lol:

Muddy
12-06-2011, 10:46 PM
:facepalm:

:lol:

Maybe it'll turn a profit this time around... :lol:

Hal-9000
12-06-2011, 11:11 PM
I'm not up on the story...but isn't it filled with white folk already? :lol:

Muddy
12-06-2011, 11:17 PM
I'm not up on the story...but isn't it filled with white folk already? :lol:

No... It features the Chitlin Queen.. Im sure the white people are portrayed as idiots in it..

http://www.comingsoon.net/gallery/19253/The_Princess_and_the_Frog_11.jpg

JoeyB
12-06-2011, 11:25 PM
No... It features the Chitlin Queen.. Im sure the white people are portrayed as idiots in it..

http://www.comingsoon.net/gallery/19253/The_Princess_and_the_Frog_11.jpg

Chitlin always makes me think of the soul food in The Blues Brothers.