PDA

View Full Version : Hunt for sick burglars who killed 10-week-old kitten in microwave 'because woman's home had nothing worth taking'

Teh One Who Knocks
12-07-2011, 12:06 PM
By Daily Mail Reporter

http://i.imgur.com/6oYDZ.jpg

Burglars killed a homeowner’s kitten in a microwave when they could not find anything worth stealing.

The body of the ten-week-old kitten was found hours after the owner reported the break-in.

The owner’s mother, who declined to be named, said yesterday: ‘My daughter returned to her flat and found the front door open.

'There was no sign of the kitten, which she called Adele after her favourite singer, and thought it may have run outside.

‘My daughter contacted the police but it was not until she went into the kitchen some time later that she looked into the microwave and found what had happened. It just doesn’t bear thinking about.

‘What sort of people would kill such a defenceless little animal, and in such a sickening way?’

Police believe the burglars killed the cat after ransacking the flat in Nuneaton, Warwickshire, and finding nothing worth stealing.

PC Ben Hood of Warwickshire Police said: ‘This was a cowardly act which will have caused indescribable suffering to a helpless animal. We need to find out who they are.’

An RSPCA spokesman added: ‘We are horrified to hear of this horrendous act of cruelty and urge anyone with information about who was responsible to please come forward.’

The owner's 72-year-old mother said: 'She is absolutely distraught - she has fallen apart and cannot stop crying.

'It has made me ill as well because I just keep thinking about that lovely little kitten with its beautiful little face.

'It was so friendly and I can imagine it would have run straight up to the burglars.

'How anyone can do anything so awful and heartless is beyond me.

'Hopefully someone, somewhere, will know who is responsible and provide information so they can be brought to justice.'

Police believe the cat was killed because the raiders found nothing worth taking.

The break in happened between 2pm on Saturday 26 November and 1am on Sunday 27 November.

Another burglary also took place in a neighbouring property between 6pm on Saturday and 1.30am on the Sunday.

The owner's mother added: 'My daughter returned to her flat with a girlfriend and found the front door open.

'There was no sign of the kitten, which she called Adele after her favourite singer, and thought it may have run outside.

FBD
12-07-2011, 12:27 PM
you fucks! if that happened to my kitties I'd be after them with a goddam machete!

MrsM
12-07-2011, 03:06 PM
Wow - WTF is wrong with some people

Arkady Renko
12-07-2011, 03:43 PM
I hoe there are microwave ovens large enough to accommodate at least one of those MoFos so they can take turns for a few minutes each at 1000 Watts

Muddy
12-07-2011, 04:03 PM
you fucks! if that happened to my kitties I'd be after them with a goddam machete!

:gay:

Joebob034
12-07-2011, 04:41 PM
what is with the cat violence today

JoeyB
12-07-2011, 09:54 PM
Animal abuse is on the rise. People who get convicted, which is extraordinarily rare, by the way, are given little to no penalty for the crime. Even in the absolute worst cases of abuse, when the harshest penalties are actually given, they amount to perhaps a few months in jail (and who knows how much of that will actually be served). Penalties for this sort of crime MUST be increased, and dramatically.

minz
12-07-2011, 10:01 PM
I cant read anymore of these, too upsetting :(

Hal-9000
12-08-2011, 02:50 AM
Cops should have a little more leeway when they catch up with these idiots

2 free punches anywhere on the body and 1 clean baton strike to the face? :)

deebakes
12-08-2011, 04:15 AM
:shrug: