PDA

View Full Version : Woman arrested after reportedly trying to make meth inside Walmart

Teh One Who Knocks
12-09-2011, 11:48 AM
By JARREL WADE - Tulsa World Staff Writer

http://i.imgur.com/HQjL6.jpg

A woman was arrested in a Tulsa Walmart late Thursday afternoon while allegedly attempting to make meth from items she had gathered in the store, police said.

Walmart security watched the woman, who was acting suspiciously and made her way to the back of the store near restrooms, where she began mixing ingredients, Tulsa police Cpl. Scott Anderson said.

Police arrested Alisha Halfmoon, 45, about 6 p.m. after Walmart security personnel called 911 to the store near 81st Street and Lewis Avenue, jail records show.

Halfmoon was booked without bond on complaint of endeavoring to manufacture, records show.

“From what they told us, it was pretty strange,” Anderson said.

One officer may have burned by sulfuric acid that had resulted from a chemical reaction in the box of items taken from the scene, Anderson said.

Officer Richard Urban told officers he felt a burning sensation on his hand through his leather glove as he was carrying evidence from the scene, Anderson said.

Urban removed his glove and washed off the substance, leaving no visible injury, Anderson said.

The evidence collected at the scene included Lithium and drain cleaner, but no pseudoephedrine, Anderson said.

“She maybe didn’t know how to do it,” he said.

Halfmoon was released from jail Tuesday for a Nov. 6 arrest that led to charges of obtaining controlled drugs by forged script and possession of controlled drugs, jail records show.

She was released on a deferred sentence, according to jail records.

PorkChopSandwiches
12-09-2011, 03:55 PM
she was probably pretty good looking before the drugs

Muddy
12-09-2011, 03:57 PM
Is it this easy to make the stuff?

Arkady Renko
12-09-2011, 03:59 PM
Smart move, keep the production facilities close to the customer base.

at least on a small scale. Otherwise all those washed out braindamaged dopeheads wouldn't be able to get it done.

Muddy
12-09-2011, 04:04 PM
This is one drug I never want to try.

PorkChopSandwiches
12-09-2011, 04:06 PM
Its awesome, but thats the problem with it ;)

Arkady Renko
12-09-2011, 04:06 PM
yeah I doubt it can get much worse.

Hal-9000
12-09-2011, 05:44 PM
:rofl:

“She maybe didn’t know how to do it,” he said.

Hal-9000
12-09-2011, 05:45 PM

No it's a complex chemical process that can go south real fast and blow up a house if you're not careful..

PorkChopSandwiches
12-09-2011, 05:49 PM
No it's a complex chemical process that can go south real fast and blow up a house if you're not careful..

Actually its a lot easier then breaking bad would have you believe. You can make it yourself in a 2 liter bottle

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-5263085-504083.html

Hal-9000
12-09-2011, 05:54 PM
Actually its a lot easier then breaking bad would have you believe. You can make it yourself in a 2 liter bottle

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-5263085-504083.html

I wasn't going by Breaking Bad....I read about a bathtub meth set up on the net and if made by this method, there's some explosive possibilities :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
12-09-2011, 05:57 PM
its extremely dangerous, but not necessarily difficult ;)

Hal-9000
12-09-2011, 05:58 PM
I'm gonna make some at work today, thanks for the link :face:

Hal-9000
12-09-2011, 06:00 PM
:sad2: no instructions...

but there is this

"if there is any oxygen at all in the bottle, it has the propensity to make a giant fireball"

PorkChopSandwiches
12-09-2011, 06:00 PM
Send me some when your done. :tup:

Hal-9000
12-09-2011, 06:01 PM
ok...

chick in the photo is actually 19

:lol:

Muddy
12-09-2011, 06:45 PM
How many hits can you get out of one box of Sudafed?

PorkChopSandwiches
12-09-2011, 06:54 PM
I have no clue

Hugh_Janus
12-09-2011, 07:09 PM
she was probably pretty good looking before the drugs

that's exactly what I was going to say :lol:

Hal-9000
12-09-2011, 07:18 PM
How many hits can you get out of one box of Sudafed?

*finds spot under the bridge*

Muddy
12-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Slide over mate and have a sip of this... :lol:

Hal-9000
12-09-2011, 07:58 PM
:lol: I saw a COPS episode where they dragged some mooks out from under the bridge. Dumbass cop puts his hand in the guy's back pocket and gets poked by a needle..

You could tell the cop wanted to smack him and he started threatening the guy - If you have AIDS etc, etc!!!!... and the guy just stood there with an evil smile.

Muddy
12-09-2011, 08:23 PM
Wow....

Acid Trip
12-09-2011, 08:33 PM
Only when you go to cook the meth is it dangerous. Everything leading up to that point is pretty easy. Now-a-days you can make it in a 2 liter bottle like Porky linked but that stuff is tame in comparison.

Muddy
12-09-2011, 08:42 PM
In comparison to what?

Acid Trip
12-09-2011, 09:03 PM
The meth you cook is WAY stronger than the stuff you make in a bottle cause you use more powerful chemicals.

Bottle meth is like cocaine that lasts 4-6 hours. Cooked meth (using red phosphorous among other chemicals) blows the cocaine feeling away and lasts 10-12 hours.

Muddy
12-09-2011, 09:20 PM
Really? Better than crack?

JoeyB
12-09-2011, 09:21 PM
Meth is one of those drugs that if I know someone has done it, I feel I trust them a little less.

And no matter what they say about the powers of rehabilitation, I'd never put much trust in a former full blown meth addict.

Acid Trip
12-09-2011, 10:26 PM
Really? Better than crack?

Crack is nothing compared to meth.

Acid Trip
12-09-2011, 10:36 PM
Meth is one of those drugs that if I know someone has done it, I feel I trust them a little less.

And no matter what they say about the powers of rehabilitation, I'd never put much trust in a former full blown meth addict.

An acquaintance of mine was a full blown meth head about 10 years ago. He got clean, found a higher power, convinced a Wendy's owner to give him an assistant manager job (he got a degree in Finance before his addiction) and in less than 7 years he opened two Wendy's of his own. A conservative guess would be that he made just under a million dollars last year.

You shouldn't count someone out because they are down or have been down before.

JoeyB
12-09-2011, 10:38 PM
An acquaintance of mine was a full blown meth head about 10 years ago. He got clean, found a higher power, convinced a Wendy's owner to give him an assistant manager job (he got a degree in Finance before his addiction) and in less than 7 years he opened two Wendy's of his own. A conservative guess would be that he made just under a million dollars last year.

I agree, I shouldn't, and in most cases you'll find me pretty much forgiving of almost anyone.

But, I just don't trust meth addicts. Even the former ones, they set off my danger signals.

Deepsepia
12-09-2011, 10:42 PM

Very cool story that.

Strange thing about meth: I've heard of more than a few gay guys who've gotten off meth. The folks I see around look "no hope", but in the gay community, meth has a reputation as a kind of a party drug, and for whatever reason a fair number seem to be able to get clean (Rufus Wainwright, for example).

I wonder if different strengths are circulating, or the way its used is different ?

Also, so far as I can tell, black folks avoid meth . . .

JoeyB
12-09-2011, 10:49 PM

It does have a reputation of being a white trash drug.

redred
12-09-2011, 11:19 PM
nice story AT sometimes everything works out

this meth thing makes me laugh over here the past year we've had these stories that it's going to take over the UK ,well as someone who usings coke most weekends i've not heard or it yet:-k

Acid Trip
12-12-2011, 04:31 PM
Very cool story that.

Strange thing about meth: I've heard of more than a few gay guys who've gotten off meth. The folks I see around look "no hope", but in the gay community, meth has a reputation as a kind of a party drug, and for whatever reason a fair number seem to be able to get clean (Rufus Wainwright, for example).

I wonder if different strengths are circulating, or the way its used is different ?

There are many different kinds of meth so yes to the question about different strengths circulating. It all depends on which set of chemicals the cook decides to use and how they decide to cook it. It can range from pieces of white crystal, to brown, or even pink. All of it jacks you up so it's more a question of how jacked up and for how long.

The guy in the story is a college buddy of mine. When we graduated he went into investment banking and I went into the operations side of banking. He started making INSANE amounts of money but he was trading all day, everyday (regular stocks but also FOREX which is a 24/7 business). He got on meth and eventually lost everything (including his wife). He got caught with a bunch of meth and a judge sent him to a 6 month detox in Arizona. He came back a changed person.

Every year he sends the judge a "birthday" card. The birthday card he sends to the judge is for the day he started his life over. He and the judge are now good friends.

JoeyB
12-12-2011, 09:32 PM
There are many different kinds of meth so yes to the question about different strengths circulating. It all depends on which set of chemicals the cook decides to use and how they decide to cook it. It can range from pieces of white crystal, to brown, or even pink. All of it jacks you up so it's more a question of how jacked up and for how long.

The guy in the story is a college buddy of mine. When we graduated he went into investment banking and I went into the operations side of banking. He started making INSANE amounts of money but he was trading all day, everyday (regular stocks but also FOREX which is a 24/7 business). He got on meth and eventually lost everything (including his wife). He got caught with a bunch of meth and a judge sent him to a 6 month detox in Arizona. He came back a changed person.

Every year he sends the judge a "birthday" card. The birthday card he sends to the judge is for the day he started his life over. He and the judge are now good friends.

Yeah, there are lots of stories like this, so many you'd think that being a meth addict was the promised road to entrepreneurial success and good community standing.

But can we just be honest and admit that mostly, meth heads just fail?

Acid Trip
12-12-2011, 09:43 PM
Yeah, there are lots of stories like this, so many you'd think that being a meth addict was the promised road to entrepreneurial success and good community standing.

But can we just be honest and admit that mostly, meth heads just fail?

Most yes, but not all. My only point was that you shouldn't count someone out because of a past mistake. Mistakes are a valuable learning experience.

JoeyB
12-12-2011, 09:46 PM
Most yes, but not all. My only point was that you shouldn't count someone out because of a past mistake. Mistakes are a valuable learning experience.

I'm not disputing that, and I always believe everyone deserves a second chance, and when dealing with someone who has a drug or alcohol problem I will support their efforts to become clean.

But, I'll still never fully trust a former meth head. Just how I feel.

Hal-9000
12-12-2011, 09:48 PM

+1...Just because someone has done a drug is no reason to suspect that they're anything else other than a human...like you.I know plenty of straight people who lie, manipulate and steal...and treat others like shit for no good reason.

Loser
12-12-2011, 09:58 PM
The problem with meth addicts is that the shit fucks up your dopamine levels, and while you're coming down, it pretty much makes you the biggest depressed asshole on the earth. As a bonus, people that have used the shit regularly for years, generally develop brain damage, and their dopamine levels never come back to normal. Leaving them permanently depressed, angry, suicidal, tired, etc....

As for making the shit for personal use, it's not hard, which is sad, because when they mix the shit, it basically is a little portable bomb. They then discard these on the sides of roads or wherever.

It's gotten so bad where I live that the local cities put up signs warning people not to kick random trash.

JoeyB
12-12-2011, 10:18 PM
the local cities put up signs warning people not to kick random trash.

Are you telling me I should only slap Britney Spears?