PDA

View Full Version : My first XBL complaint

Godfather
12-13-2011, 05:18 AM
I'll start by saying I have nothing bad to say about XBL up until now. I find it far better and worth the 5$ a month than either PC gaming or PSN. The features and ease and all that shit work well for me and connecting with my buddies and our games.

But the recent update of the XBL Dashboard this week has pissed me off. Why?

Because it has advertisements. I don't care that everywhere we all look there are ads. Games have them built right in these days. But XBL has always been ad-free. It's part of the beauty. You only get what you need - lightweight and simple. And as a paying member for the past 7 (give or take) years, there's no reason I should have them now. But they're there, a few tiny-little ones on every page just to piss me off.

So Microsoft. Fuck you big guy.

Shady
12-13-2011, 05:21 AM

Agreed.

Hal-9000
12-13-2011, 05:26 AM
On the pc gaming front, I'm a little impressed with MW3 and Steam.I am a Steam hater in case you haven't read my rant filled threads :lol:

Wasn't I surprised to start up multiplayer, choose the type of match I wanted and waited for 45 seconds while Steam filled out the roster of competitors.No IP exchanges, nofirewall BS...just click and play for as many successive rounds as you felt like playing.It was really quite seamless and I was mildly impressed.

but yeah...xbox live shouldn't have ads you bitches :x :x

Godfather
12-13-2011, 05:30 AM
:lol: You know what else they did that has me scratching my head?

On the Dashboard:

B= Eject
Y = Game Details

Now it's:

B = Game Details
Y = Eject Game

Why the fuck would you switch that after all these years :lol: What is wrong with you people!??!

RBP
12-13-2011, 05:32 AM
You are SO cute when you're angry :oops:

Hal-9000
12-13-2011, 05:35 AM
:lol: You know what else they did that has me scratching my head?

On the Dashboard:

B= Eject
Y = Game Details

Now it's:

B = Game Details
Y = Eject Game

Why the fuck would you switch that after all these years :lol: What is wrong with you people!??!

I've never seen an Xbox controller but it looks like they changed the right click/left click on the mouse :lol: fuggers

Godfather
12-13-2011, 07:14 AM
Exactly :lol:

redred
12-13-2011, 10:50 AM
psn is so free :dance2:

samarchepas
12-13-2011, 11:49 AM
I'll start by saying I have nothing bad to say about XBL up until now. I find it far better and worth the 5$ a month than either PC gaming or PSN. The features and ease and all that shit work well for me and connecting with my buddies and our games.

But the recent update of the XBL Dashboard this week has pissed me off. Why?

Because it has advertisements. I don't care that everywhere we all look there are ads. Games have them built right in these days. But XBL has always been ad-free. It's part of the beauty. You only get what you need - lightweight and simple. And as a paying member for the past 7 (give or take) years, there's no reason I should have them now. But they're there, a few tiny-little ones on every page just to piss me off.

Ads in a paying membership?:huh: (No ads for PSN...and its free...so those ads are there just so Micro$oft can make some more money.)

Acid Trip
12-13-2011, 04:08 PM
I don't know if you noticed but the new dashboard looks exactly like a Windows 7 phone. I'll check on the ad complaint later tonight. I don't know if I missed them or ignored them out of habit.

Godfather
12-13-2011, 04:42 PM
Yeah but PSN blows :lol:

Muddy
12-13-2011, 04:50 PM
You could throw that gay shit in the trash and go get a snow mobile or something cool to fill your time with instead? :d

redred
12-13-2011, 04:56 PM
Yeah but PSN blows :lol:

but it blows for free :lol:

Acid Trip
12-13-2011, 05:10 PM
You could throw that gay shit in the trash and go get a snow mobile or something cool to fill your time with instead? :d

:hater:

Hugh_Janus
12-13-2011, 07:30 PM
but it blows for free :lol:

so does this
http://geometriainnamorata.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/ht_meth_teeth_071001_ssh.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
12-14-2011, 12:38 AM
I thought this was a thread about the eXtreme Badminton League :sad2:

samarchepas
12-14-2011, 01:22 AM
I thought this was a thread about the eXtreme Badminton League :sad2:

Yup :sad2:.....Extreme Badminton > Xbox Live