PDA

View Full Version : Wrong question: Can I have my weed back?

Teh One Who Knocks
12-13-2011, 07:21 PM
By Bill Utterback - The Beaver County Times

Question not to ask the arresting officer: Can I have my weed back?

Devonte Davon Jeter, 19, of 334 Penn Ave., Midland, was arrested when Midland police officers found a bag of marijuana at his feet during a traffic stop on May 13, according to court records.

Jeter asked for a preliminary hearing in Beaver County Court, and public defender Mitchell Shaheen tried Monday to convince Judge William Livingston that the marijuana could have belonged to any of four men in the car. He recounted Jeter's comment to police that he intended to purchase the marijuana, but had not yet consummated the deal.

Shaheen, however, had no defense for Jeter's question to officers as he was released from police custody in May.

"Mr. Jeter asked if he could have his weed back," officer Bruce Clark testified Monday in court.

"I don't know what else ‘Can I have my weed back' can mean, other than it's his," assistant district attorney Kevin Kindred said.

The charges against Jeter -- possession of marijuana, and possession of drug paraphernalia -- were held for court.

PorkChopSandwiches
12-13-2011, 07:24 PM
:facepalm:

Loser
12-13-2011, 08:38 PM
:lol: what a dumb shit :lmao:

RBP
12-13-2011, 08:39 PM
Brilliant

Acid Trip
12-13-2011, 09:04 PM
What did he think was going to happen?

"You're under arrest for possession of marijuana. But here, go ahead and have it back and get out of here." Only in our dreams.

Muddy
12-13-2011, 09:07 PM
"Jeter"

Hal-9000
12-13-2011, 10:09 PM
He's going to court for possible possession and asks that question? :lol:

Whacked out weedheads, saving taxpayer dollars by avoiding complex trials :tup: