PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Galaxy S II

Teh One Who Knocks
12-14-2011, 01:34 PM
http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxys2/html/specification.html

I'm upgrading, should be here tomorrow :banana:

redred
12-14-2011, 01:45 PM
they look good phones :tup: i have an upgrade coming in june not sure what i want yet but will be keeping android

Muddy
12-14-2011, 01:49 PM
What you upgrading for?

Teh One Who Knocks
12-14-2011, 01:49 PM
they look good phones :tup: i have an upgrade coming in june not sure what i want yet but will be keeping android

Yeah, I'm excited about it...it's the top of the line phone offered by T-Mobile in the US right now. the specs on it are awesome and it has a nice big screen to go with it.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-14-2011, 01:50 PM
What you upgrading for?

Because I can :cheers:

Leefro
12-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Mobile phones cause brain damage ;)

Muddy
12-14-2011, 01:58 PM
Because I can :cheers:

Is it a free upgrade?

Teh One Who Knocks
12-14-2011, 02:07 PM
Mobile phones cause brain damage ;)

I rarely make calls with my phone, so it's not going near my brain :P

Is it a free upgrade?

Not with a phone like that :slap:

But it's heavily discounted off the price if you just bought the phone not being eligible to upgrade

Acid Trip
12-14-2011, 04:21 PM
What you upgrading for?

I believe they call it keeping up with the Joneses :mrgreen:

Muddy
12-14-2011, 04:30 PM
Lance always sends me text messages with pictures of him not wearing a shirt... Kind of reminds me of Vladimir Putin...

Godfather
12-14-2011, 04:47 PM
That phone is unreal... it's like a laptop the amount of power it has :lol: Makes me laugh when people say the iPhone is the best on the market. It loses in almost every category to the Galaxy II

I was looking at the Nexsus S too, also a nice phone (but the Galaxy is the clear winner)... to bad the thing is like $800. Samsung makes good stuff.

Muddy
12-14-2011, 04:51 PM
Makes me laugh when people say the iPhone is the best on the market.

Dont go there, fcuker... This thread has been friendly so far... :lol:

Godfather
12-14-2011, 04:52 PM
Not trying to cause trouble :lol: My appreciation for the Samsung over the iPhone isn't rooted in anything cultural. I'm a specs man, and looking down the list I see a more powerful, 4G device with a better camera.

Muddy
12-14-2011, 04:56 PM
I think the new Galaxy rated pretty good.. I can post the consumer reports ratings later if any ones interested? They just came out..

Godfather
12-14-2011, 04:59 PM
I'd like to see them... my phone is on it's last legs. The Alt button doesn't really work, I'm missing periods like Beiber's groupies.

Too many cool phones out there that I love :lol: BB Bold, Galaxy II s and I'm assuming the iPhone 5 will be good too in the new year

Teh One Who Knocks
12-14-2011, 05:02 PM
I think the new Galaxy rated pretty good.. I can post the consumer reports ratings later if any ones interested? They just came out..

You must get paid by that magazine :P

Teh One Who Knocks
12-14-2011, 05:03 PM
I'd like to see them... my phone is on it's last legs. The Alt button doesn't really work, I'm missing periods like Beiber's groupies.

Too many cool phones out there that I love :lol: BB Bold, Galaxy II s and I'm assuming the iPhone 5 will be good too in the new year

You're gonna abandon Crackberry? :faint:

Godfather
12-14-2011, 05:06 PM
:lol: Hard to say... typing on the new Bold is a dream, and that's what I use my phone most for. Emails and texts.

Then again, I really want a phone that's fun too, good for Youtube, and has some great aps. Crackberry don't offer that :P

Muddy
12-14-2011, 05:07 PM
You must get paid by that magazine :P

I value unbiased opinions...

Muddy
12-14-2011, 05:08 PM

I'll bring it to work tomorrow and scan it and email the jpg to you.

Godfather
12-14-2011, 05:10 PM
Don't worry if it's a pain. I think half the internet is dedicated to people reviewing shit these days :lol:

Muddy
12-14-2011, 05:11 PM
Don't worry if it's a pain. I think half the internet is dedicated to people reviewing shit these days :lol:

No biggie, we have an auto scanner/emailer here..

Teh One Who Knocks
12-14-2011, 05:12 PM
:lol: Hard to say... typing on the new Bold is a dream, and that's what I use my phone most for. Emails and texts.

Then again, I really want a phone that's fun too, good for Youtube, and has some great aps. Crackberry don't offer that :P

Definitely get an Android then...and you will love texting on a Swype keyboard once you get the hang of it, it's super fast...Jez is a fan of Swype too

I value unbiased opinions...

They aren't the final opinion on unbiased opinions :nono:

I have yet to read a head-to-head review where the iPhone 4/4S beats the Galaxy except from Apple fanboy sites. As GF mentioned, all you have to do is look at the specs between the 2 phones. ;)

Now will Apple catch up when the 5 comes out sometime next year? No doubt, but Samsung will keep getting better as well.

I told my boss just a few minutes ago that I ordered the Galaxy S II (he has an iPhone 4S) and he immediately looked up the reviews on both phones and now he's jealous :dance:

Muddy
12-14-2011, 05:17 PM

I have yet to read a head-to-head review where the iPhone 4/4S beats the Galaxy except from Apple fanboy sites. As GF mentioned, all you have to do is look at the specs between the 2 phones. ;)

Now will Apple catch up when the 5 comes out sometime next year? No doubt, but Samsung will keep getting better as well.

I told my boss just a few minutes ago that I ordered the Galaxy S II (he has an iPhone 4S) and he immediately looked up the reviews on both phones and now he's jealous :dance:

I never said the iphone was better than the galaxy 2.. :lol: I just offered to let Godfather see the reviews from an unbiased source...

PorkChopSandwiches
12-14-2011, 05:50 PM

The wont even be a company soon enough. :tup: Get out while you can, enjoy what a real smart phone can offer, Canada wont hate you for jumping out of the 90's

Teh One Who Knocks
12-14-2011, 06:04 PM
The wont even be a company soon enough. :tup: Get out while you can, enjoy what a real smart phone can offer, Canada wont hate you for jumping out of the 90's

:lol:

Hugh_Janus
12-14-2011, 06:22 PM
:wank:SGS2:lwank:
:uwank:

Godfather
12-15-2011, 05:41 AM
Do any of the Droid devices have a Siri-type program that you can set up to be a single button push away (ie. I've heard a program like Apple's Siri has existed for some time now on droid, but do you have to go in and find, open and wait or the app ever time?)

Call me a sheep but I think it's cool. Pressing a button and asking your phone to schedule an appointment, find something, look up things.... that's awesome

Jezter
12-15-2011, 10:03 AM
Definitely get an Android then...and you will love texting on a Swype keyboard once you get the hang of it, it's super fast...Jez is a fan of Swype too

Damn right Im a fan of Swype! With every update it has gotten better and better. It is so fast and easy and really made for touchscreens. Tapping letter by letter just doesn't work for me anymore...Plus it is pretty natural since you swipe around the screen anyway to operate the phone. And yes, you definitely are doing a good thing by upgrading. We have had the SGSII for over 6months here and a couple of friends got them right when they were hot off the press. They have not complained once, quite the opposite. Been amazed by them. One of them eves was a total Android noob and he isn't a computer geek either, but he learned the tips and tricks fast and is now a very happy Android user.

Do any of the Droid devices have a Siri-type program that you can set up to be a single button push away (ie. I've heard a program like Apple's Siri has existed for some time now on droid, but do you have to go in and find, open and wait or the app ever time?)

Call me a sheep but I think it's cool. Pressing a button and asking your phone to schedule an appointment, find something, look up things.... that's awesome

Android has .Iris. Plus, if you want to do stuff with voice, like look up things, dictate messages and mails etc, Google has had it in its arsenal since the start. ;) So once again something the Apple tries to make look like they are the inventors. Siri they invented first I think, but it took less than a day for .Iris to appear in android market. Last I checked, it was still alpha stage, but the functions are the same as in Siri. Not to mention the various iterations popping up in the android market.

Muddy
12-15-2011, 02:53 PM
Android has .Iris. Plus, if you want to do stuff with voice, like look up things, dictate messages and mails etc, Google has had it in its arsenal since the start. ;) So once again something the Apple tries to make look like they are the inventors. Siri they invented first I think, but it took less than a day for .Iris to appear in android market. Last I checked, it was still alpha stage, but the functions are the same as in Siri. Not to mention the various iterations popping up in the android market.

http://icanhasinternets.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/haters4.jpg

Jezter
12-15-2011, 03:43 PM
http://icanhasinternets.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/haters4.jpg

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/5922/1642308-u_mad_come_at_me_bro.jpg

Muddy
12-15-2011, 03:44 PM
:lol: love it...

Shady
03-21-2012, 03:11 AM
Hey Lance, how do you like the phone? I have a need to get a new phone, as mine is broken and I only have to wait 5 days to get an upgrade. The timing of my phone breaking is pretty good actually. I'm on At&t network and I was looking at the Galaxy S II Skyrocket which seems to have the same specs as the standard T-Mobile S2. Just trying to get a review from someone who's actually used it.

Loser
03-21-2012, 04:00 AM
The new SIII is coming out in a month or so, as well as like 10 other new ones, would get a crap one until then.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-21-2012, 10:41 AM
Hey Lance, how do you like the phone? I have a need to get a new phone, as mine is broken and I only have to wait 5 days to get an upgrade. The timing of my phone breaking is pretty good actually. I'm on At&t network and I was looking at the Galaxy S II Skyrocket which seems to have the same specs as the standard T-Mobile S2. Just trying to get a review from someone who's actually used it.

I love it....most amazing phone I've ever had. I would recommend it to anyone :thumbsup:

Acid Trip
03-21-2012, 01:32 PM
I love it....most amazing phone I've ever had. I would recommend it to anyone :thumbsup:

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Muddy
03-21-2012, 01:35 PM
I dont think Verizon offers it..

Muddy
05-08-2012, 12:33 PM
This thread is right back on track...

Godfather
05-08-2012, 04:02 PM
Galaxy S III looks pretty awesome, few cool new features there. 4.8" screen is too much for me though

redred
05-08-2012, 04:44 PM
i don't think i'd want a much bigger in a phone than the s2 tbh it's on the edge of being too big for my pocket

Teh One Who Knocks
05-08-2012, 04:52 PM
Galaxy S III looks pretty awesome, few cool new features there. 4.8" screen is too much for me though

:gay:

Goofy
05-08-2012, 06:45 PM
I was reading an article in the paper about the new S3, the specs are epic! If people can look past the fact that it isn't an iphone then it will be massive!! The ikiller :)

Godfather
05-09-2012, 03:11 AM
:gay:

:lol: Dude just look at this:

http://i50.tinypic.com/nqviux.jpg

I wear size 30 jeans... the pockets just aren't that fucking big. Only thing that's gay is when you have to carry a purse to accommodate that beast. :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-09-2012, 03:13 AM
Carpenter's jeans, there's a pocket 1/3 of the way down the leg perfect for a smart phone :hand:

Godfather
05-09-2012, 03:16 AM
I'm not wearing carpenter's jeans... I shouldn't have to stop wearing my Levi's 511's for a phone, and before you say it, I'm not carrying a phone on my hip like my Dad :lol:

Muddy
05-09-2012, 10:31 AM
Yeah that's huge.. Just get an iPad and hang it around your neck on a necklace....

Teh One Who Knocks
05-09-2012, 10:39 AM
I'm not wearing carpenter's jeans... I shouldn't have to stop wearing my Levi's 511's for a phone, and before you say it, I'm not carrying a phone on my hip like my Dad :lol:

Comfort & Functionality > Style

Kids today :shakehead:

redred
05-09-2012, 11:40 AM
still think it's too big

Shady
06-30-2012, 11:53 PM
Do not upgrade the Galaxy S II to ICS if you are on the AT&T network. The update messes with the USB port on the phone. Only way to fix is go back to old OS or get issued a new phone with the old OS.

redred
07-01-2012, 09:51 AM
battery paused voltage too high problem? yes i had that and fixed it with a toothpick :lol: it heats the usb port connectors and if you have dust up in there which you will coats the terminals ,rub a toothpick up in there clean it all out and you'll be good to go again ,had it on mine at the start of june and haven't had a problem since

Shady
07-01-2012, 04:19 PM
Yep that was the problem I had. The carrier just replaced the phone for me on the spot. I'm gonna wait a month or two before trying it again.

redred
07-01-2012, 06:21 PM
after the toothpick fix ics has been running great for me