PDA

View Full Version : Video Of Prank Goes Viral, School Official Argues Video Gives Wrong Impression

Teh One Who Knocks
12-15-2011, 12:21 PM
KAAL-TV Channel 6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpQqwSaDa6A

What was supposed to be a lighthearted prank on some students at Rosemount High School on Thursday has turned into an uncomfortable video that's gone viral.

The video was shot at a pep rally Thursday. As part of the rally, the captains of the winter sports teams were brought to the front of the room and lined up with students of the opposite sex at the other side of the room. The captains were told one of the other students was going to kiss them, and the captains had to guess which student. The captains were blindfolded, and the other students were replaced by one of the captain's parents. A video of the event surfaced on YouTube and quickly went viral because it seems to show the parents inappropriately kissing their children.

Rosemount High School's Principal John Wollersheim says the video produced after the pep-rally was inaccurate and distorted the actual event, You need to see the entire piece to know what the context was of why it was happening, or how it was happening."

Wollesheim says it was a successful event and nobody had any idea it would make anyone uncomfortable, "Kids were laughing, the captains and their parents were down there hugging, and talking, no-one thought it was negative."

Even so, Wollersheim says he takes community concerns seriously, and he has recieved a handful of complaints, "I owe anyone who was hurt or offended by this an apology."

Wollersheim says he believes the kiss pranks was part of a pep-fest several years ago without any concern, however, he says he's going to recommend the kiss-prank not be repeated in future events.

Joebob034
12-15-2011, 05:04 PM
incest FTW :dance:

Godfather
12-15-2011, 05:07 PM
I'm still cringing....

Acid Trip
12-15-2011, 05:10 PM
I thought it was funny. Did they really think the school would let another student or stranger kiss them in front of everyone?

deebakes
12-16-2011, 02:28 AM
my nephew goes to this school :rofl:

JoeyB
12-16-2011, 07:37 AM
my nephew goes to this school :rofl:

I'd ask if his mom was hot, but, you might be protective of your sister...

deebakes
12-17-2011, 07:07 AM
nope...

Teh One Who Knocks
12-17-2011, 11:39 AM
I thought it was funny. Did they really think the school would let another student or stranger kiss them in front of everyone?

Why not, kids kiss each other in school all the time :-s