PDA

View Full Version : Fruitarian: "I only eat fruit, seeds and nuts"

Teh One Who Knocks
12-17-2011, 04:48 PM
By ALISON SMITH-SQUIRE - The Sun

http://i.imgur.com/dqugQ.jpg

THIS woman eats at least 70 oranges, 60 bananas and 70 pears a week.

But that shouldn't be a surprise because Star Khechara is a fruitarian — meaning she lives on a diet consisting solely of fruit, seeds and nuts.

"Most people think I look at least 13 years younger than my real age," says the 35-year-old, who makes and sells her own skincare products.

"But since sticking to a diet of fruit, I have more energy and feel better than ever.

"Most of my diet is raw, so there's barely any cooking or washing up."

Star became a fruitarian a year ago. She said: "I have been a vegan for 18 years. This meant I only ate vegetables and fruit.

"Unlike a vegetarian, as a vegan I didn't eat any animal products — even milk or eggs. However, I always adored fruit best of all.

"You don't come across many people who just live on fruit. But centuries ago Greek doctors swore by the benefits of fruit and they often prescribed it to athletes.

"There's also evidence the Vikings ate a lot of fruit.

"My diet is now almost 100 per cent from fruit, with just a few extras thrown in to make it nutritionally balanced."

Star spends £80 a week on organic produce. Typically she starts the day with a massive smoothie made from ten oranges and two mangoes.

Alternatively, a "bubblegum" smoothie — named because of its colour — is made from six bananas, 200g of raspberries, one honey mango and some water.

Lunch is often ten pears or a smoothie of eight bananas and a handful of dates. Meanwhile, a dinner consists of cucumber, mangoes, tomatoes and dates.

She says: "At dinner I do throw in a little green salad, such as spinach, lamb's lettuce and celery.

"And if I am hungry during the day I snack on grapes and apples. I also eat one Brazil nut a day as that contains vital minerals, such as selenium."

Star doesn't drink coffee or tea but has three litres of water a day and sometimes coconut water. When she occasionally drinks alcohol it is an organic rosι wine.

For a treat she makes "lasagne" from slices of courgette, tomatoes, olives, parsley and pine nuts.

Star says her fruit diet keeps her feeling full. She is 5ft 6in, a size ten and weighs 11st.

She says: "The recommended daily amount of calories for a woman is 2,000 but I eat around 2,500 calories so I am never hungry."

Many might imagine such a diet would be hard on the digestive system but she insists there are no problems.

Star, who is single, admits some friends do find her diet odd but says sticking to it is worth it.

She adds: "It's the ultimate diet for the lazy. All you do is buy the fruit then eat it."

Teh One Who Knocks
12-17-2011, 04:49 PM
"Most people think I look at least 13 years younger than my real age," says the 35-year-old, who makes and sells her own skincare products.

:-s

:bs:

"There's also evidence the Vikings ate a lot of fruit.

Sooooo...they grow a lot of oranges and bananas in Scandinavia do they? :-s

PorkChopSandwiches
12-17-2011, 04:58 PM
She thinks she looks 20 :lol:

Godfather
12-17-2011, 05:06 PM
:lol: Looks 35 to me.

How is she getting enough carbohydrates and fat just eating fruit? And that's a lot of sugar, natural or not. I think I call bullshit on this diet.

Also that picture is neck up, I wana see if she has a fat ass

PorkChopSandwiches
12-17-2011, 05:08 PM
She gets her protein from one nut a day :lol:

Hal-9000
12-17-2011, 07:30 PM
She gets her protein from one nut a day :lol:

you're on fire man :lol: :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
12-17-2011, 07:36 PM
:dance: she does say that she eats one a day

Hal-9000
12-17-2011, 07:38 PM
she goes after them bananas with vigor!! :)

PorkChopSandwiches
12-17-2011, 07:53 PM
Swallows them whole

DemonGeminiX
12-17-2011, 07:54 PM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110719123740/uncyclopedia/images/2/2b/Attention_Whore.jpg

Arkady Renko
12-21-2011, 12:34 PM
I bet there are enough gullible cretins around who'll buy her cosmetics. She'll make a nice profit with them.

Acid Trip
12-21-2011, 02:05 PM
How is she getting enough carbohydrates and fat just eating fruit? And that's a lot of sugar, natural or not. I think I call bullshit on this diet.

Fruits are almost mostly carbs so there is no problem there. She also states she eats nuts and they are packed with protein/fat.

JoeyB
12-21-2011, 09:20 PM
Fruits are almost mostly carbs so there is no problem there. She also states she eats nuts and they are packed with protein/fat.

And the fat and proteins in nuts you mention is of a healthier variety than what is found in meat.