PDA

View Full Version : OMFG Blackberry Fucked me - Laugh then help GF

Godfather
12-18-2011, 02:53 AM
It's like Blackberry knew I was thinking of leaving and decided to throw shit at me on the way out the door

I ordered my dad a Blackberry Playbook wehn they went on sale for $200 on November 24th. They emailed me my confirmation, everything was good. They told me a short while later I should please wait an extra 5 days due to businesses around the sale

TODAY, a month later, they emailed for no reason saying "Your order has been cancelled." It's a fucking WEEK until Christmas. I tried to call right away and got disconnected after 20 minutes on hold. My email response to the cancellation notice just told me to call.

Basically I'm fucked, the thing isn't on sale anymore. Looking around on the internet HUNDREDS of people had their order cancelled by shopblackberry.com. The BB forums are pissed. It's not even RIM's company, it's owned by Global somethingorother.

But I'm still holding those shit nuggets to this. I'm livid. My dad is a serial present returner but this he wanted and would have loved. :(

I'm going to call my Cell phone provider next week and ask if they'll give me credit towards a new phone. Blackberry just lost me.

Question though: Can I do anything? BBB complaint, or something like that? Honestly, I'm stumped. Never been treated this badly by a company

Godfather
12-18-2011, 02:56 AM
I'd even understand if the canceled me after a week but everyone else like myself wasn't told until 3-4 weeks after. This is garbage, I've never even heard of such horrid customer service.

Loser
12-18-2011, 03:24 AM
In my experience, BBB does fk all. If you want something done, get in contact with the head of customer relations with the parent company.

I reiterate, DO NOT CONTACT SUPPORT, THEY WON'T DO SHIT!

Every time I've had problems with any order or product, it only got resolved once I got to the headquarter level.

Once you do finally get into contact with them, if they do not honor the sale of the item, demand interest on the money they held for a month.

Loser
12-18-2011, 03:44 AM
Headquartered in Haverhill, Massachusetts, GlobalWare Solutions operates facilities in North America (Boston & Silicon Valley), Europe (Amsterdam) and Asia (China, India, Malaysia and Singapore).
UNITED STATES

East / Boston, MA Region
200 Ward Hill Ave
Haverhill, MA 01835
Tel 978.469.7500

There, call the bolded number, ask for customer relations, relations, not support.. If anyone gives you shit, demand a supervisor.

As for what I could find out, RIM is avoiding this like the plague cause it's a CR nightmare. Any and all calls to them are dropped. So dont even bother with RIM or BB.

Nag the shit out of Globalware Solutions.

-edit-
More info, apparently the guy you want to talk to is "Mark Chequer."

Call that number and get to him. Say something like, "I hear you're the guy that is solving the canceled playbook bullshit."

Godfather
12-18-2011, 04:42 AM
Wow Loser that's incredibly informative. I read that name Chequer in passing too.

Thank you so much, I can't believe you found me all that info! Not sure they'll be around tomorrow being a Sunday but I'm going to try. If not then, then Monday

I owe you one man. Thanks a million

Loser
12-18-2011, 04:48 AM
Np man, it's something I've developed a knack for with all the problems I've had with misc. appliances :lol:

redred
12-18-2011, 10:33 AM
good luck GF thats shitty service your getting

Teh One Who Knocks
12-18-2011, 11:54 AM
No laughing at you at all GF, that's not funny at all. I hope you can get it resolved :(

Any chance of just getting your dad a different kind of tablet instead of the BB now?

PorkChopSandwiches
12-18-2011, 06:34 PM
Kindle fire is 200

Richard Cranium
12-18-2011, 06:58 PM
FYI-- Mark Chequer = mchequer@gwsmail.com.

Godfather
12-18-2011, 08:04 PM
I emailed that Chequer twat and they apparently reversed the order. It has supposedly been sent to processing for shipment. :mrgreen:

I wrote a couple pretty harsh emails to this Global company and shopblackberry, sighting Chequer and me knowing the b.s. they'd been up to. I even mentioned it worried me that they had my Visa. It seems to have been resolved overnight.

Thanks again for the help and support everyone :thumbsup: Owe you all.

It won't be here in time for Christmas now I'd imagine. I'd get the Kindle Fire but it's not available in Canada yet. There are some other tablets I'd get but my Dad is a stubborn man. For whatever reason he wants a Playbook or iPad (marketing is everything). So I think we'll get him the iPad and then after he opens it, tell him to either keep it, wait for the Playbook or shop for whatever tablet he wants most. At this point I don't care :lol:

Godfather
12-19-2011, 08:25 PM
Shipped today!! FedEx, next day delivery. So pumped right now, thanks again.

PorkChopSandwiches
12-19-2011, 08:53 PM
You will be sad again once you try it :lol:

Godfather
12-20-2011, 02:09 AM
You will be sad again once you try it :lol:

:lol: Not mine, Dad will like it.

For the record I'm done with Blackberry. Pricks.

PorkChopSandwiches
12-20-2011, 02:17 AM
You will be much happier

Godfather
12-20-2011, 02:29 AM
Probably. I mean, I don't want a phone for games and shit, I don't commute to work. Just need it for messaging and emails. The BB devices really were a perfect fit.

But it's a sinking ship and I'm out.

Touch screen though :wha: Bah-humbug.

Loser
12-20-2011, 02:50 AM
To be honest, it had nothing to do with black berry. It was all a seperate company, so don't blame them.

Happy it got sorted :thumbsup:

Godfather
12-20-2011, 07:04 AM
To be honest, it had nothing to do with black berry. It was all a seperate company, so don't blame them.

Happy it got sorted :thumbsup:

Thanks man

I respect that, but I'm going to take out some of my anger on RIM :P It was already growing because of other issues like no prospect of new phones/os for 12 months.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-20-2011, 11:38 AM
Probably. I mean, I don't want a phone for games and shit, I don't commute to work. Just need it for messaging and emails. The BB devices really were a perfect fit.

But it's a sinking ship and I'm out.

Touch screen though :wha: Bah-humbug.

Thanks man

I respect that, but I'm going to take out some of my anger on RIM :P It was already growing because of other issues like no prospect of new phones/os for 12 months.

Android FTW....leave the 1990's behind ;)

Godfather
12-20-2011, 05:37 PM
Man, I held a Galaxy 2S yesterday... thing is a monster, even bigger than the iPhone. I'm not shoving that in my pocket.

Going to have to shop around a little more.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-20-2011, 10:32 PM
Man, I held a Galaxy 2S yesterday... thing is a monster, even bigger than the iPhone. I'm not shoving that in my pocket.

Going to have to shop around a little more.

:-s

Do you wear toddler sized pants or something? :-k

Hal-9000
12-20-2011, 11:35 PM
:-s

Do you wear toddler sized pants or something? :-k

pssst...his pants are already hanging down halfway to his knees, the phone and a wallet would make it a public indecency charge

Goofy
12-20-2011, 11:37 PM
pssst...his pants are already hanging down halfway to his knees, the phone and a wallet would make it a public indecency charge

Damn hippies [-(

Hal-9000
12-20-2011, 11:40 PM
my buddy GF is a hipster

:sad2:

Godfather
12-21-2011, 12:17 AM
:lol: No, I just don't want a huge effing phone. My BB Curve is great, nice and compact. Why should I carry around a hulking 4" phone if I use it for messaging, light internet browsing and email?

Teh One Who Knocks
12-21-2011, 12:24 AM
:ffs:

You make it sound like a laptop....it's not that big ya big nancy boy :P

Godfather
12-21-2011, 12:27 AM
It is a laptop, I think it has more power than my last one :lol: What's the need for that kind of processing power to play Angry Birds and receive email

Hal-9000
12-21-2011, 04:59 PM
I remember hearing about the new Samsung phones last year on a radio commercial...

this, that, the other thing...2.8 ghz dual core processor...

:shock: