PDA

View Full Version : Sirius XM to air 24 hours of Charlie Sheen news

Teh One Who Knocks
03-05-2011, 09:39 PM
Michael Santo - Tech Buzz Examiner

http://i.imgur.com/DPVp0.jpg

It's apparently not enough for there to be 1.63 million Charlie Sheen Twitter followers. There are so many obsessed with the finding out the latest info about the "Two and a Half Men" actor that Sirius XM Radio is about the launch a limited run channel devoted to Sheen.

According to Sirius XM, which announced the move on Friday, March 4,

"Tiger Blood Radio" will take listeners behind the headlines, exploring the media frenzy/media reaction, as well as the medical, psychological, psychiatric and pop culture and celebrity angles. Additionally, through a recap of news coverage, it will offer a timeline of recent events.

The "Tiger Blood Radio" channel will air from March 5 at 6:00 am EST to March 6 at 6:00 am EST on Sirius channel 108 and XM channel 139. It shows just how crazy we are about learning about the latest "antics" of Charlie Sheen.

In terms of what exactly "Tiger Blood" means when Sheen uses it as a hashtag, he told The Today Show's Jeff Rossen that he's got "tiger blood" and that it makes him impervious to the dangers of addiction. When questioned further about it by Access Hollywood, Sheen said, "I don't know. It's blood that flows through me that I can feel."

On the other hand, it's also a manufacturer of anabolic steroids. Steroids have been blamed for some strange, aggressive behavior in bodybuilders before. Hmmm ...

Read the full press release below.

SiriusXM Creates 'Tiger Blood Radio'

Experts and special guests explore the story the nation is following

Hear all about Charlie Sheen from every angle

NEW YORK, March 4, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Sirius XM Radio (Nasdaq: SIRI) today announced that it has created "Tiger Blood Radio," a 24-hour limited run channel that will explore the breaking news, facts, fallout and career implications of the Charlie Sheen controversy. "Tiger Blood Radio" will air from March 5 at 6:00 am ET to March 6 at 6:00 am ET on Sirius channel 108 and XM channel 139.

"Tiger Blood Radio" was created in response to the national conversation sparked by the recent events surrounding actor Charlie Sheen.

"Tiger Blood Radio" will take listeners behind the headlines, exploring the media frenzy/media reaction, as well as the medical, psychological, psychiatric and pop culture and celebrity angles. Additionally, through a recap of news coverage, it will offer a timeline of recent events.

During the exclusive, limited run channel, SiriusXM listeners will hear archival Playboy Radio clips featuring "Goddess"/current live-in girlfriend Bree Olson, a Playboy Radio contributor. In addition, Sheen's ex-fiancee/Spice Radio host Ginger Lynn shares stories of her relationship with him on Tiffany Granath's Playboy Radio show; and adult film star Kacey Jordan talks to Playboy Radio's Night Calls about her times with Sheen.

Joebob034
03-05-2011, 11:32 PM
well that's a bit overkill, I think I'm finally at that point where it's not funny anymore it's just annoying.

Godfather
03-05-2011, 11:53 PM
*yawwwwn*

AntZ
03-06-2011, 12:08 AM
I wonder if this is attached to Stern because he was the one to come up with the idea, as a joke, a week ago!