PDA

View Full Version : Piss Poor Republican choices..

Muddy
12-20-2011, 05:19 PM
CNN-

President Barack Obama’s approval rating jumped 5 percentage points from November to December, fueled by dramatic gains among middle-class Americans, according to a CNN/ORC International poll released Tuesday.

Obama’s approval rating rose from 44% last month to 49% now, and the results suggest the debate over extending the payroll tax cuts in Congress is helping Obama’s efforts to portray himself as defender of the middle class. The poll was conducted from Friday through Sunday, while the Senate was passing the measure with bipartisan support and House Speaker John Boehner was giving it a dim outlook in his chamber.

Obama’s gains appear to have come at the expense of congressional Republicans and the GOP in general -- the party’s overall rating has dropped 6 points, to 43%, since June while Democrats’ rating has stayed at 55%.

And a majority now say they have more confidence in Obama than in Republicans in Congress -- last spring, only 44% felt that way.

Democrats do particularly well among middle-income Americans, while the Republicans win support only from the top end of the income scale.

PorkChopSandwiches
12-20-2011, 05:24 PM
:Ron Paul:

Muddy
12-20-2011, 05:30 PM
:Lefty Frizzell:

Acid Trip
12-20-2011, 05:33 PM
http://i.qkme.me/353e0z.jpg

PorkChopSandwiches
12-20-2011, 05:50 PM
http://i.qkme.me/353e0z.jpg

:tup:

JoeyB
12-20-2011, 08:45 PM
Democrats do particularly well among middle-income Americans, while the Republicans win support only from the top end of the income scale.

And yet the republicans seek to destroy the middle class. I wonder why? Must be coincidence.

Muddy
12-20-2011, 08:49 PM
The middle class are the life giving sheep the Republicans feed on..

Acid Trip
12-20-2011, 08:50 PM
They forgot the source for all this information.

Source: From a highly biased, left wing nutcase's asshole.

Republicans win support only from the top end of the income scale.

That is so incredibly wrong it's almost unfathomable they'd put that in print. Oh wait, it's CNN, never mind.

Muddy
12-20-2011, 09:07 PM
Another Breaking News email from CNN..

President Barack Obama now holds a lead over potential Republican presidential rivals in a CNN/ORC International Poll released Tuesday.

If the election were held today, Obama would have a 52%-45% advantage over former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and Texas Rep. Ron Paul. The incumbent would have a double-digit lead over former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann and Texas Gov. Rick Perry, the poll suggests.

A similar poll last month found Obama trailing Romney, but the margin was within the poll's sampling error, which is considered a statistical tie.

The poll is not a prediction that Obama will win in November; polls taken this many months before an election do not have predictive value.

Acid Trip
12-20-2011, 09:19 PM
You rag on people that you THINK watch Fox News all day, and yet you signed up for "breaking news emails" from the most liberal leaning network of them all. That calls for a...

:potkettle:

Even if Obama wins it won't matter because the House and Senate will be controlled by the Republicans. A neutered Obama won't get much done.

Muddy
12-20-2011, 09:21 PM
Oh is CNN not a respected news source? MSNBC I can see... Fox I can see.. But CNN also? wow..

Muddy
12-20-2011, 09:26 PM
Another Breaking News blurb..

That fucking Obama... He has to be stopped!

Stocks soared Tuesday on signs of strength in the U.S. housing market, as concerns about the European debt crisis eased.

Banking stocks led the broader market higher, with Bank of America, Citigroup and Goldman Sachs all posting solid gains after the sector dragged stocks down on Monday.

The Dow jumped 337 points, its fourth-biggest point gain of the year. The Nasdaq and S&P 500 each gained 3%.

Acid Trip
12-20-2011, 09:32 PM
Did you read the quote? CNN had the gall to say that "Republicans win support only from the top end of the income scale."

Anyone with half a brain knows that's absolute nonsense. How can you get news from a network that would send out such a blatant lie?

JoeyB
12-20-2011, 09:32 PM
You rag on people that you THINK watch Fox News all day, and yet you signed up for "breaking news emails" from the most liberal leaning network of them all. That calls for a...

Actually I'm the one who says that. And I refer to fox news or right wing crazy talk radio and all that nonsense rolled up into one big, insanity and violence inducing talk-o-sphere.

Muddy
12-20-2011, 09:37 PM
Did you read the quote? CNN had the gall to say that "Republicans win support only from the top end of the income scale."

Anyone with half a brain knows that's absolute nonsense. How can you get news from a network that would send out such a blatant lie?

I can see where that comment may be jaded but I wouldn't throw the entire news network under the bus for it... It's one news text and in the context of being first out with the story it may not have been edited properly... What news source do you think is non biased?

JoeyB
12-20-2011, 09:39 PM
I can see where that comment may be jaded but I wouldn't throw the entire news network under the bus for it... It's one news text and in the context of being first out with the story it may not have been edited properly... What news source do you think is non biased?

Fox News is clearly not biased. Without their guidance I never would have know the Muppets were commies.

Acid Trip
12-20-2011, 09:57 PM

You can see where the quote is jaded yet you stand by the notion that your precious CNN is not biased? PT Barnum was right.

All news is biased. CNN and MSNBC are in a perpetual battle for LAST PLACE in ratings and they slant everything to the left. Coincidence?

Muddy
12-20-2011, 09:58 PM
So who's a good source then? :lol:

JoeyB
12-20-2011, 10:02 PM

Look outside of America. But, Fox News is by far, without question, and to a mind numbing degree the worst news out there. Bias so deep it basically renders the whole channel opinion and not news.

Acid Trip
12-20-2011, 10:08 PM

Read a story on CNN then read it on Fox. The parts that match up is the actual news and the rest is garbage.

Shady
12-21-2011, 11:04 AM
Read a story on CNN then read it on Fox. The parts that match up is the actual news and the rest is garbage.

Exactly, truth is buried in the news, you just got sift out the bullshit. Multiple media agencies will give you a clearer picture.

FBD
12-21-2011, 12:51 PM
Actually I'm the one who says that. And I refer to fox news or right wing crazy talk radio and all that nonsense rolled up into one big, insanity and violence inducing talk-o-sphere.

Joey, I dare you to listen to Rush for a week. So long as you can ignore his belief that Obama is personally vested in seeing the country knocked back a few pegs (hell, all indications point to you agreeing) you might learn a few things - or, you'd simply sit down and cry because you discovered you believe in a pack of lies.

Violence inducing :lol: Wipe that shit off your screen, there's a little splatter from when you talk at it.

Muddy
12-21-2011, 01:28 PM
Another bit..

The House of Representatives completed its business for the day and left for a holiday break, leaving unresolved the fate of a payroll tax cut extension that could mean $1,000 to the average American family when it expires on December 31.

The Republican-controlled House on Tuesday voted to call for the Senate to return from its holiday recess for further talks on the bill it passed with overwhelming bipartisan support on Saturday that would extend the cuts for two months. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid negotiated the bill with Republican Minority Leader Mitch McConnell to allow more time to reach a deal on a longer extension while avoiding a lapse in the cuts.

House Speaker John Boehner had scheduled a direct vote on the Senate plan on Monday but canceled it and called for a resolution stating House Republicans' disagreement with the two-month extension and calling for the Senate to return for a conference committee. Reid has said the Senate won't return until the House votes on the Senate's plan.

Boehner later went public with a letter to President Barack Obama urging him to order the Senate back to the Capitol for a conference committee. But Obama made an unscheduled appearance at the daily White House news briefing and accused Republicans of trying to "wring concessions from Democrats on issues that have nothing to do with the payroll tax cut."

The payroll tax cuts affect about 160 million Americans. The Senate bill also extended emergency unemployment benefits and delayed scheduled pay cuts to Medicare physicians for two months.

perrhaps
12-21-2011, 02:25 PM
It's come to the point that I would give up a week of my planned vacation time for 2012 to go to DC for an "Occupy the Government" protest consisting of voting taxpayers who are sick and tired of this crap.

Muddy
12-21-2011, 02:30 PM
Yeah, what a forkin mess..

PorkChopSandwiches
12-21-2011, 04:47 PM
Rush :roll:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-21-2011, 04:55 PM
Joey, I dare you to listen to Rush for a week. So long as you can ignore his belief that Obama is personally vested in seeing the country knocked back a few pegs (hell, all indications point to you agreeing) you might learn a few things - or, you'd simply sit down and cry because you discovered you believe in a pack of lies.

Violence inducing :lol: Wipe that shit off your screen, there's a little splatter from when you talk at it.

Rush Limbaugh is a moron that just likes to hear himself talk. He has a bunch of mindless drones that listen to him every day just so they can call in and stroke his ego by telling him how wonderful he is. Same with Glen Beck except he was so bad that he was even fired from FOX so he had to start his own website to broadcast his rantings from.

Sean Hannity and Ann Coulter are just as bad, they just don't have the army of mindless drones.

PorkChopSandwiches
12-21-2011, 04:57 PM
Rush Limbaugh is a moron that just likes to hear himself talk.

Plus anyone that is preaching republican just for the sake of being a republican is an idiot. If you are a a republican you can do no wrong :roll:

Teh One Who Knocks
12-21-2011, 04:58 PM
Another bit..

The House of Representatives completed its business for the day and left for a holiday break, leaving unresolved the fate of a payroll tax cut extension that could mean $1,000 to the average American family when it expires on December 31.

The Republican-controlled House on Tuesday voted to call for the Senate to return from its holiday recess for further talks on the bill it passed with overwhelming bipartisan support on Saturday that would extend the cuts for two months. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid negotiated the bill with Republican Minority Leader Mitch McConnell to allow more time to reach a deal on a longer extension while avoiding a lapse in the cuts.

House Speaker John Boehner had scheduled a direct vote on the Senate plan on Monday but canceled it and called for a resolution stating House Republicans' disagreement with the two-month extension and calling for the Senate to return for a conference committee. Reid has said the Senate won't return until the House votes on the Senate's plan.

Boehner later went public with a letter to President Barack Obama urging him to order the Senate back to the Capitol for a conference committee. But Obama made an unscheduled appearance at the daily White House news briefing and accused Republicans of trying to "wring concessions from Democrats on issues that have nothing to do with the payroll tax cut."

The payroll tax cuts affect about 160 million Americans. The Senate bill also extended emergency unemployment benefits and delayed scheduled pay cuts to Medicare physicians for two months.

I have no problem with what the House did...it's the Senate that has no fucking balls. Either extend the fucking tax cuts/unemployment benefits or don't. Enough with this temporary extension bullshit that they all keep doing. Oh yes, we'll pass a 25 minute extension so we can all go home for Christmas break....because we work so hard for you peons, I mean people. I'm glad the House is forcing the hand of the Senate...now they have to return to Washington to get this extended or they let it lapse, no grey area. We get to see what is more important to them, their month long Christmas break or the constituents they allegedly represent.

Fuck them and the horses they rode in on.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-21-2011, 04:59 PM
Plus anyone that is preaching republican just for the sake of being a republican is an idiot. If you are a a republican you can do no wrong :roll:

Yup, there's morons like that on both sides and it drives me bananas. What's worse is there are people that just follow every word these idiots say without question.

PorkChopSandwiches
12-21-2011, 05:17 PM
I know, I like someone who speaks about what they believe, not just down the party line

Muddy
12-21-2011, 05:21 PM
I know, I like someone who speaks about what they believe, not just down the party line

*hugglez*

PorkChopSandwiches
12-21-2011, 05:40 PM
*slow jerk*

Muddy
12-21-2011, 05:41 PM
*spoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooge*

PorkChopSandwiches
12-21-2011, 06:25 PM
im all wet and sticky :sad:

FBD
12-21-2011, 06:34 PM

:lol: yeah yeah, of course, there's NO distinction whatsoever between conservatives and republicans :rolleyes: you have watched too much TV in your lifetime, porky :mrgreen:

have you actually listened to his position articulated, or have you read what was wrote by some stick up their ass liberal about what they thought he said?

:-k yeah, that's what I thought.

I thought you liked it when people spoke their minds? :razz:

WRT to payroll tax extension...

do people forget that SS is funded by payroll taxes? where's all the griping about Obama wanting to deny grandma her SS? He wants her cold and dead out in the snow, taking away the funding mechanism for SS!

oh yeah, that was all predicated on having millionaires pay for it all :lol:

and no Republican is getting up making stupid claims like Obama wants to kill grandma, like the goddam leftists do.

Acid Trip
12-21-2011, 07:27 PM
I have no problem with what the House did...it's the Senate that has no fucking balls. Either extend the fucking tax cuts/unemployment benefits or don't. Enough with this temporary extension bullshit that they all keep doing. Oh yes, we'll pass a 25 minute extension so we can all go home for Christmas break....because we work so hard for you peons, I mean people. I'm glad the House is forcing the hand of the Senate...now they have to return to Washington to get this extended or they let it lapse, no grey area. We get to see what is more important to them, their month long Christmas break or the constituents they allegedly represent.

Fuck them and the horses they rode in on.

What is really baffling is the fact the Senate is passing anything before the House does. The Constitution is pretty clear that "all spending bills must originate in the House of Representatives." The Senate can't create a spending bill then pass it to the House.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-21-2011, 07:48 PM
What is really baffling is the fact the Senate is passing anything before the House does. The Constitution is pretty clear that "all spending bills must originate in the House of Representatives." The Senate can't create a spending bill then pass it to the House.

I think (not sure, just guessing), that by doing some kind of temporary extension of it like they did, it technically doesn't fall under the rules of a spending bill, so as long as the House would agree to it, it would have passed and they would be back to arguing about it in February.

Hal-9000
12-21-2011, 08:06 PM
You guys should just adopt North Korea's maniacal dictator policy :thumbsup: One guy steps down or dies, his son gets the seat

Muddy
12-21-2011, 08:08 PM
You guys should just adopt North Korea's maniacal dictator policy :thumbsup: One guy steps down or dies, his son gets the seat

We tried that with the Bush family.... :lol:

Hal-9000
12-21-2011, 08:47 PM
:lol: yes you did

JoeyB
12-21-2011, 08:55 PM
We tried that with the Bush family.... :lol:

Oh snap!

Deepsepia
12-21-2011, 09:25 PM
I think (not sure, just guessing), that by doing some kind of temporary extension of it like they did, it technically doesn't fall under the rules of a spending bill, so as long as the House would agree to it, it would have passed and they would be back to arguing about it in February.

It isn;t a spending bill. Its a tax bill. can originate in either place.

I'm agnostic on this one. Taxes need to go up, unemployment benefits need to come down, but not as of January 1. The economy has actually done much better in the US than elsewhere, but the weakness in Europe is starting to bleed over.

Its forgotten that the US has very low income taxes for rich people, but relatively high payroll taxes for the working class-- this is a big drag on consumer spending

Muddy
12-22-2011, 06:45 PM
Another....

------------------------------

Armed with the top Senate Republican’s recommendation that the Republican-controlled House give in on the standoff over a payroll tax cut extension, President Obama on Thursday again called for the House to pass the two-month extension passed in the Senate before the cuts expire December 31.

"Americans can't afford $1,000 because of some stupid standoff in Washington," Obama said while flanked by men and women who he said had responded to the White House's "What does $40 mean to you" Twitter and Facebook campaign.

The tax cut extension, which means about $1,000 to the average taxpayer, affects about 160 million Americans.

Earlier Thursday, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Kentucky, urged House Republicans to support a short-term extension of the tax holiday -- similar to a two-month bipartisan measure passed overwhelmingly by the Senate and now demanded by both Obama and congressional Democrats -- while encouraging the Senate to negotiate a longer extension with the House.

"House Republicans sensibly want greater certainty about the duration of these provisions, while Senate Democrats want more time to negotiate the terms," McConnell said in a written statement. "These goals are not mutually exclusive. We can and should do both."

But House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, pushed back, reiterating in a statement his call for negotiators to craft an immediate one-year tax cut extension -- something now considered unlikely by most congressional observers.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nevada, later released a statement promising that he will be "happy to restart the negotiating process to forge a year-long extension" as soon as the House passes the Senate's two-month compromise deal.

The Senate bill also extends emergency federal unemployment benefits and the so-called "doc fix," a delay in significant scheduled pay cuts to Medicare physicians. All three measures are scheduled to expire December 31.

Acid Trip
12-22-2011, 07:06 PM
It isn;t a spending bill. Its a tax bill. can originate in either place.

I'm agnostic on this one. Taxes need to go up, unemployment benefits need to come down, but not as of January 1. The economy has actually done much better in the US than elsewhere, but the weakness in Europe is starting to bleed over.

Its forgotten that the US has very low income taxes for rich people, but relatively high payroll taxes for the working class-- this is a big drag on consumer spending

So the Medicare Doc fix and extending unemployment benefits (both part of this extension proposal) aren't spending? Nice try.

Deepsepia
12-23-2011, 08:13 AM
So the Medicare Doc fix and extending unemployment benefits (both part of this extension proposal) aren't spending? Nice try.

What the Senate is actually doing here is amending a prior law-- either the House or Senate may do this. My understanding is that its Revenue bills (e.g. taxation) which have to originate in the House (constitution, article 1, section 7)

I am not clear on the parliamentary mechanics of all this, but the House and Senate both employ "Parliamentarians" whose job it is to watch these details

FBD
12-23-2011, 01:03 PM
correct, but the Senate cant automatically expect the house to vote it up after they've bastardized what came from the house :lol:

Acid Trip
12-23-2011, 02:49 PM
correct, but the Senate cant automatically expect the house to vote it up after they've bastardized what came from the house :lol:

And yet the House did exactly that.

FBD
12-23-2011, 03:41 PM
"the R establishment" is so damned frustrating. it will be nice when the tea party takeover is complete. fkn playing in the world of perception vs democrats is a losing battle - you can never win those battles with someone who is willing to go the extra mile and say all kinds of outlandish shit regardless of its truth just in order to win how people in general perceive shit.

of course, it helps having the media back you up every step of the way regardless of whether or not anything is true. :rolleyes:

Muddy
01-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Romney killed it in NH..

Loser
01-09-2012, 03:24 PM
Romney is a hypocrite stooge just like obama :(

Muddy
01-09-2012, 03:30 PM
It's weird the Republicans couldn't put up a solid candidate..

Teh One Who Knocks
01-09-2012, 03:32 PM
Romney is a hypocrite stooge just like obama :(

And yet you support the angry "Get Off My Lawn" guy filled with conspiracy theories and who wants to pretend this is the 1920's again and have the United States crawl into a hole :-k

Loser
01-09-2012, 03:37 PM
And yet you support the angry "Get Off My Lawn" guy filled with conspiracy theories and who wants to pretend this is the 1920's again and have the United States crawl into a hole :-k

I'd rather support someone that stands for what they believe in, then some hypocrite that flip flops more then a dying fish.

Look at Romneys records. He was 100% against 2nd amendment, now he's pro 2nd amendment. He's against government run health care, but initiated romneycare in his own state. The list goes on and on like a broken fucking record.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-09-2012, 03:42 PM
I'd rather support someone that stands for what they believe in, then some hypocrite that flip flops more then a dying fish.

Look at Romneys records. He was 100% against 2nd amendment, now he's pro 2nd amendment. He's against government run health care, but initiated romneycare in his own state. The list goes on and on like a broken fucking record.

That's all politics is, you tell people what they want to hear because the majority of the voting public doesn't care or is just ignorant and believes what 'their side' tells them to believe. Until the electorate actually decides to educate themselves about things, there will only be career politicians running for President.

Loser
01-09-2012, 03:54 PM
That's all politics is, you tell people what they want to hear because the majority of the voting public doesn't care or is just ignorant and believes what 'their side' tells them to believe. Until the electorate actually decides to educate themselves about things, there will only be career politicians running for President.

And that's exactly what's wrong with this country.

People that actually want to do change never get in because they're seen as radicals, while the idiots that flip flop and spout hypocritical bullshit like verbal diarrhea get elected.:roll:

This country is fucking doomed.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-09-2012, 04:04 PM
And that's exactly what's wrong with this country.

People that actually want to do change never get in because they're seen as radicals, while the idiots that flip flop and spout hypocritical bullshit like verbal diarrhea get elected.:roll:

This country is fucking doomed.

I'm not disagreeing with you ;)

I'm saying that 'it is what it is' and with the choice between Romney and Obama, I'd vote Romney all day long without hesitation.

Loser
01-09-2012, 04:07 PM
The problem there is, obama wasn't a hypocrite. He just didn't do half of what he said he was going to.

So in the short of it, Laziness/ineptitude > Lying/Hypocrisy.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-09-2012, 04:09 PM
The problem there is, obama wasn't a hypocrite. He just didn't do half of what he said he was going to.

So in the short of it, Laziness/ineptitude > Lying/Hypocrisy.

Thank fuck for that

Loser
01-09-2012, 04:20 PM
Thank fuck for that

Exactly.

Would you rather have someone who flops on gun control and bans it as a president, or someone that says he's going to but never does?

I look at it this way. An asshole is an asshole, but at least you know where you stand with him. A hypocrite is a liar, and they're two faced back stabbing garbage.

FBD
01-09-2012, 05:14 PM
Well, if people would stop flipping out about plainspeak...

Acid Trip
01-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Well, if people would stop flipping out about plainspeak...

Political correctness trumps speaking the truth. After all, we don't want to make anyone cry.

FBD
01-09-2012, 10:20 PM
yup, and then people cry when we dont have top tier candidates.

shit - get us somebody that's simply electable! :roll: gtfo with that shit. Anybody on the stage will do an exponentially better job.

Loser
01-10-2012, 12:10 AM
The country is in such disarray that no one, thats smart enough, wants to lead it.

Muddy
01-10-2012, 12:12 AM
Its crazy I made 10k more last year than the year before... My insurance actually went down a bit.. I just dont see this peril... :lol: