PDA

View Full Version : Air Steward Sacked for Putting Toddler in Locker

Foxdana
03-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Virgin Blue has sacked a male flight attendant for putting a passenger's toddler in an overhead locker while playing 'peek-a-boo' during a flight last year.

Natalie Williamson said her 17-month-old son Riley and her now estranged husband, Shayne Williamson, were on a flight from Fiji to Sydney when a cabin crew member put the youngster in the locker and closed the latch, the Sunday Herald Sun reports.

"My husband, Shayne, was standing one metre behind my son, Riley, when the air steward picked him up and placed him in the overhead compartment," she said.

She claims her son, now 20-months-old, was stowed away for "up to 10 seconds".

"I stood up and there were people laughing and then I said 'Get my son out of there now'," she said.

The airline has admitted the incident did take place, but said the flight attendant only participated after seeing Mr Williamson play peek-a-boo game with his son.

A Virgin spokeswoman said: "We conducted a thorough investigation of the incident and the staff member involved was subsequently terminated.

"We have expressed our sincere apologies to the guest… The safety of our guests is our top priority and we do not tolerate any breaches of this."

Ms Williamson claims her son is now suffering from anxiety and is too scared to leave her side.

"He won't leave my sight now. He sleeps with me. If I'm not in the same room as him, he will scream and yell 'Mum, mum, mum'," she said.

Ms Williamson was credited for the full amount of the two return flights after she complained, but says she is too traumatised to redeem them

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8220302/air-steward-sacked-for-putting-toddler-in-locker

beowulf
03-06-2011, 09:57 AM
sounds good..............its like the plane version of the cupboard under the stairs :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Foxdana
03-06-2011, 09:58 AM
:lmao:!!

I think mummy wants some money from the airline!

beowulf
03-06-2011, 10:01 AM
aint that the truth

was waiting for you to comment..................you let your kids out of the cupboard under the stairs yet?

:lol:

Foxdana
03-06-2011, 10:02 AM
I think they'd like it in there better!! Little horrors!

AntZ
03-06-2011, 11:09 AM
Absolutely!

The child will require counseling for the traumatic experience! The thoughts of being torn from the parent and thrown in a locked compartment is reminiscent of Nazi Germany!

I think all the other passengers that witnessed it will need counseling too! :(

Several million should be set aside, at least!

Teh One Who Knocks
03-06-2011, 11:27 AM
He was in there for "up to 10 seconds" and now this toddler suffers 'anxiety'? :-s

:ffs:

Goofy
03-06-2011, 11:54 AM
:facepalm:

Hugh_Janus
03-06-2011, 11:57 AM
A Virgin spokeswoman said: "We conducted a thorough investigation of the incident and the staff member involved was subsequently terminated.

:shock:

Joebob034
03-06-2011, 03:42 PM
I need financial compensation just for reading this

samarchepas
03-06-2011, 04:17 PM

:rip:

MrsM
03-06-2011, 04:22 PM
All kids that age hate to leave their mom's sides... I'm sure that if the airline just offered to pay for family to go to councelling, that the kid would be better in no time. She is just seeing $$$$

Arkady Renko
03-07-2011, 01:02 PM
if they'd put him into the cargo hold I'd agree, that would be kinda cold, but in the overhead locker? that's a joke.