PDA

View Full Version : Bro-tox: Men love plastic surgery for Christmas

Teh One Who Knocks
12-22-2011, 04:06 PM
Written by Melanie Michael - WTSP-TV Channel 10

http://i.imgur.com/ZrTIO.jpg

Tampa, Florida - Dr. Dan Diaco is at the top of his game.

The longtime, well-known plastic surgeon has a booming practice in South Tampa, where he's performed thousands of procedures over the years.

And Christmastime gets pretty busy around his office.

Breast augmentation, tummy tucks and liposuction seem to top the list for the most-requested procedures, especially during the holidays.

Both women and men call his office each year to request gift certificates for procedures and surgery consultations for that "special someone."

"It makes for a wonderful present. Most girls are very, very, very happy to get something like this under the tree," says Dr. Diaco.

And, believe it or not, men love the procedures just as much as women. He laughs for a moment, comparing the reactions between his male and female patients after surgery. He recounts the squeals of delight from his female patients when they see the results of his work.

The men, however, are not so vocal. But, they sure do like the results.

"It's a nice gift that a thoughtful wife can get for her husband. But, they don't do back flips like the women do sometimes," he says with a chuckle.

The top procedures requested by men? "Bro-tox," also known as Botox for men. Guys also like chemical peels, Juvederm to fill in those folds around the nose and occasionally a facelift.

"Men like getting work done," he says.

Then there's the ladies. They love Dr. Diaco's work and beam when he walks in the room, One such female patient who is ecstastic about her recent work is Natalie Martinez.

It was the perfect present this year.

In fact, Natalie was thrilled when she got her "gift."

The petite brunette, a business major at USF, always felt that her small frame, and her formerly small breasts, didn't give her the self confidence she always wanted.

This year, things are different.

The bubbly 25-year-old has a whole new outlook on life, thanks to the ultimate gift from her boyfriend. He gave her a breast augmentation.

"I think it's a great gift, especially for the holidays. You're kind of starting a whole new year. It can be a brand new you, a fresh start," she says with a broad smile.

Natalie added, "I think that a lot of women would really, really love and appreciate a little added help that they probably can't give themselves or pick up at the Mall."

Dr. Diaco says each year, he sees more and more surgeries given as holiday gifts.

In fact, the top two presents? Breast augmentations and tummy tucks.

The results are priceless when Dr. Diaco's patients see his work.

"Their face lights up," he says. "They get excited. It changes their lives. They buy all new clothes and they're very happy about showing off their new physique."

Plus, Dr. Diaco says, this kind of gift, can put the spice back into your relationship.

"There's no question that plastic surgery has helped relationships. It's made the women more attractive to their husbands. It's made some husbands more attractive for their wives."

Dr. Diaco is quick to add that he spends a great deal of time with his patients during consultations, making sure they are the right candidate for plastic surgery.

"For liposuction, I turn away one in three patients. I want to always make sure the procedure is right for the person," he said.

In order to give plastic surgery as a gift, a consultation must be set up first before an actual procedure can be purchased for the patient.

Potential patients are often given an envelope by their significant other, filled with brochures and information on services and surgeries provided by Dr. Diaco.

"That way," his office staff points out, "the patient can pick out what he or she wants."