PDA

View Full Version : Burglars make off with Morgan Hill family's presents and dog

Teh One Who Knocks
12-25-2011, 12:02 PM
By Tracey Kaplan - San Jose Mercury News

A Morgan Hill family was braced Saturday for a gloomy Christmas after burglars stole all the presents from under their tree -- and their daughter's beloved white dog.

Chris Lancer and his wife discovered the burglary Wednesday night about 5, said spokesman Sgt. Jose Cardoza, of the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Department.

Although the couple had locked their doors when they left in the morning, both the front and back doors were wide open when they returned home to their semirural house in the 6000 block of Croy Road, he said.

"There's no suspect at this time," Cardoza said. "They say they don't know who would have done it."

Deputies took photographs and fingerprinted the house, he said.

"They were able to locate some good prints and are giving them to the lab," Cardoza said.

But no one had been apprehended as of late Christmas Eve, and the family hasn't been able to replace the $600 worth of gifts.

More than the material loss, they were mourning the absence of their dog.

Lancer pleaded tearfully Saturday with whoever broke into the house.

"Bring the dog back, please," he said in a choked voice on NBC 11. "It's my daughter's dog. I won't say nothing if you just bring the dog back."

deebakes
12-25-2011, 02:49 PM
Who's morgan hill? :-k

Loser
12-25-2011, 04:52 PM
About a dozen houses on my lake were broken into last night. Mine wasn't one of them, but my security camera caught the possible license plate of the suspects. They were driving around in a fking U-Haul truck. :roll: