PDA

View Full Version : 'The Walking Dead' scoop: Expect a gorier season 2!

Teh One Who Knocks
03-06-2011, 02:39 PM
by Bryan Lufkin - Entertainment Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/Iiuae.jpg

AMC The sophomore season of AMC’s zombie horror-fest The Walking Dead aims to be even darker and, um, dead-er, when it returns to the cable network sometime in October. It’s hard to imagine that a series full of zombified loved ones receiving bullets or pick axes to the head could get any more intense, but that’s what the producers and cast promised Friday at the Paley Center’s tribute to the show in Los Angeles.

Executive Producer Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption) described season two as “challenging, dark s—.” The deepening love triangle between Rick (Andrew Lincoln), Lori (Sarah Wayne Callies) and Shane (Jon Bernthal) will be a focus, as will the characters adapting to a harsh new world. Forget the threat of zombies: They now have to contend with contaminated water, a lack of medicine, and more than a few standard explosions.

Darabont also promised that season two will start off where season one left off, noting that he wants his characters in a “reactive phase.” He said they’ll be “testing the possibilities” of the violent Merle (Michael Rooker), whom some fans suspect may be the Governor, a twisted and iconic character from the comic.

Rounding out the panel Friday was Executive Producers Robert Kirkman (who wrote the graphic novel) and executive producer Gale Anne Hurd, along with cast members Lincoln, Bernthal, Callies, Laurie Holden, Steven Yeun and Emma Bell. Kirkman and Darabont agreed that fans of the graphic novel should expect the show to deviate from the comic, as Kirkman insisted his canon ”is not law.”

Filming is expected to begin in May.

Just over 6 million people tuned in for the Dec. 5 season finale of Dead, making it the most-watched episode of the season. (An additional 2.1 million viewers took in the show during its 11 p.m and 1 a.m. encore airings.) With an average of 3.5 million viewers over its six-episode season aged 18 to 49, the zombie series is now the most watched drama series in basic cable history in the ad-favored demo.

beowulf
03-06-2011, 02:46 PM
only just started watching season 1 over here...................its ok

Joebob034
03-06-2011, 03:32 PM
can't wait for season 2

Godfather
03-06-2011, 05:17 PM
Maybe they can worry about the story and not menial stuff like the amount of gore.. it was pretty evident in the first season that the writers are zombies compared to the novels that Robert Kirkman created :wha: The stuff they tossed in there was useless

I'd be cool with them deviating if they had a clue what the general feel of the story and the characters were.... it's been done successfully before but I have a bad feeling they're going to just trash this series :lol:

The love triangle :roll: Finish that saga and move on... the way that part ends is awesome anyways.

beowulf
03-09-2011, 12:12 PM
ive only seen first 2 episodes and seen so many plot holes its annoying,,,,we shall see what happens this week and i might drop watching it