PDA

View Full Version : Officer says man was drunkest driver he'd seen in 16-year career

Teh One Who Knocks
12-29-2011, 01:58 PM
By Jared Council - The Courier Press

EVANSVILLE — Stanley Droste was so intoxicated Wednesday evening, according to an Evansville police report, he couldn't stand up by himself, take a field sobriety tests or speak coherently.

"I could only understand about every fifth word he said," Officer Todd Seibert wrote in his affidavit author.

"This was the most intoxicated subject I had ever seen that had been driving in my 16 years of law enforcement," Seibert said.

Droste, 52, had a blood-alcohol content of 0.41 percent, police said, and is in Vanderburgh County Jail awaiting bond. It is illegal to drive in Indiana with a blood-alcohol content above 0.08 percent.

Police preliminarily charged Droste with driving while intoxicated with a prior conviction, a felony.

According to the affidavit, Evansville police assisted Vanderburgh County Sheriff's deputies at Diamond Avenue and Vienna Road about 6:45 p.m. after a report of a car that left the road and struck several trees.

Four people had to support him, according to the affidavit, and Droste couldn't even look at a deputy's pen for a sobriety test. Officers didn't even attempt other field tests due to his level of intoxication.

Droste's wife was on scene, the affidavit said, and she told police she got into an argument with Droste about drinking. Deputies were told that Droste began drinking vodka about 6 p.m. and drank a whole fifth (750 milliliters) before wrecking.

Droste agreed to a blood test at Deaconess Hospital before police lodged him in jail, the affidavit said.

He was convicted of driving while intoxicated in Posey County on June 26, 2007, police said.

Muddy
12-29-2011, 02:05 PM
Put that mother fucker in jail for 6 months...

Godfather
12-29-2011, 04:51 PM
Wow that BA is HUGE :lol:

What's the world record? Most people would be long dead at that level.

Loser
12-29-2011, 04:56 PM
Put that mother fucker in jail for 6 months...

You know what the funny part is, the average wait time in a county lockup before seeing a judge and being assigned a public defender is 16 months.