PDA

View Full Version : Warner Bros. Television Fires Charlie Sheen From 'Two and a Half Men'

AntZ
03-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Warner Bros. Television Fires Charlie Sheen From 'Two and a Half Men'

Published March 07, 2011 | FoxNews.com

DEVELOPING:

Warner Bros. announced Monday that Charlie Sheen has been terminated from his role in CBS' mega-successful sitcom "Two and a Half Men."

"After careful consideration, Warner Bros. Television has terminated Charlie Sheen's services on 'Two and a Half Men,' effective immediately," the studio said in a statement.

Sheen's erratic personal life had prompted Warner to suspend production on the show for the season, and Sheen in return had been waging an angry media campaign against the show's producers.

No decision has been made on the future of the series, Warner Bros. said in a statement.

Hal-9000
03-07-2011, 10:27 PM
didn't see that coming

:lol:

Yt Trash
03-07-2011, 10:43 PM
:shock: :lol:

Godfather
03-08-2011, 03:37 AM
You can admit to beating your wife, do drugs, show up late, make a public spectacle of your fucked up life

But you take a shot at your Ex Pro Chuck Laurie and that's that :lol:

Midnight_Beacon
03-08-2011, 05:37 AM
I'm glad they fired him but didn't cancel the show. At least those people who did nothing wrong still have jobs.

Goofy
03-08-2011, 07:12 AM
I'm glad they fired him but didn't cancel the show.

The show's as good as dead without him......

Godfather
03-08-2011, 08:24 AM
I'm glad they fired him but didn't cancel the show. At least those people who did nothing wrong still have jobs.

Gotta disagree.. it's preposterous.

I hope whoever is working on the show is realistic about how long it has to live without it's star and start looking elsewhere for work...

Like I said in the other thread... yes it blows that one jackass has ruined a great thing for a lot of people. But it's Hollywood... any show to go on 8 seasons is lucky. Have some pride in your work and end the series on a relative high compared to what it will become when a bunch of suits try and ride this for a few more dollars. Hollywood is the one place on earth where stability and regular employment just don't exist. It's all about the personalities, the highs and the lows. Now that Sheen has made a spectacle of this we suddenly worry?!? :lol:

How many decent show got canceled for bad reasons (Neilson ratings for example) this year alone?

Anyone who watched the last couple episodes saw what Cryer-centric episodes entail... disaster. Got very old, fast.

It's disappointing people will lose jobs, but I'm not going to tune in just so they have work. Nobody is.

I speak in part from having seen this all my life. A lot of my friends' families here in Vancouver are closely tied into entertainment. Things have gotten rough the last few years especially given the dollar is on par. But if you can't handle risk, TV isn't for you.

Hal-9000
03-08-2011, 03:00 PM
did you hear what his reaction was?

something about how now he can finally spend his gazillions among the citizens of Sober Valley and never having to wear one of those %%$#@! shirts again

:lol:

Joebob034
03-08-2011, 07:53 PM
I guess he's bi-losing now