PDA

View Full Version : Rate the national pizza chains in your neck of the woods

Teh One Who Knocks
01-09-2012, 04:00 PM
Since there is a pizza discussion going on in a news thread, I thought we could do this here. Now, since these are all independent franchises, quality can vary hugely from location to location.

So, if you get pizza from a national chain, who would you call? (I don't care about the small local place down the street that is awesome because none of us will ever be trying it for a comparison).

For me it comes out like this:

Papa John's
Dominos (who have vastly improved here lately...if they weren't so expensive, I would rate them ahead of Papa John's)
Pizza Hut

We have a Colorado pizza chain here called Blackjacks that I would even insert ahead of Pizza Hut here. The pizza at my local Pizza Hut sucks :yuck:

Loser
01-09-2012, 04:05 PM
1:Wins by default.
2:Tastes like cardboard.
3:Gave me salmonella poisoning on several occasions.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-09-2012, 04:06 PM
1:Wins by default.
2:Tastes like cardboard.
3:Gave me salmonella poisoning on several occasions.

Dominos used to be hideous here, but in the last 6 months or so, it has been a night and day difference.

Acid Trip
01-09-2012, 04:09 PM
Dominos used to be hideous here, but in the last 6 months or so, it has been a night and day difference.

I got Dominos last weekend for the first time in 5 years. Their new pizza recipe is head and shoulders above where it was. BTW their new cheesy bread is AWESOME!

1) My local grocery store
2) Dominos (it's way better now)
3) Papa Johns

Joebob034
01-09-2012, 04:15 PM
1) Pizza Slut
2) Jets
3) Little Caesars (mainly because of convenience)

redred
01-09-2012, 04:25 PM
i don't do take out pizza's either make my own or buy from the supermarket and cook

Muddy
01-09-2012, 05:01 PM
I wont even order from the National chains anymore.. Honestly.

If I was starving to death though..

Papa
Pizza Hut
Domninoes
Little Ceasers- (this crap is ridiculously cheap and lousy) :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-09-2012, 05:05 PM
There's hardly any Little Caesar's left around here. Closest one to me is probably 15 miles away...in fact, it's the only one left I know of around here :-k

I never ordered from them anyway since they don't deliver...when I want pizza, I want it delivered, I'm too lazy to go pick it up :lol:

Muddy
01-09-2012, 05:17 PM
There's hardly any Little Caesar's left around here. Closest one to me is probably 15 miles away...in fact, it's the only one left I know of around here :-k

I never ordered from them anyway since they don't deliver...when I want pizza, I want it delivered, I'm too lazy to go pick it up :lol:

Little Ceasers is good if you cut out and just eat about an 8" circle out of the center of the thing... That's where all the toppings and cheese are.. :lol:

Hal-9000
01-09-2012, 07:36 PM
This is a list of NOTS for us up here by order of disgustingness and lame pizza pies...1 is worse than 4.

1.Pizza Slut - chopped up dogfood without any cheese...
2.Dominos - see above but with slightly better taste
3.Pizza 73 - more toppings and taste than above, still crap pizza
4.Boston pizza - overpriced no topping pizza...had some this past Friday and it sucked

Godfather
01-09-2012, 07:48 PM
1. Panago - if you're ever up here, give it a try... fantastic, pricier though, especially for their 'primo' pizzas
2. Boston Pizza - very overpriced, but great crunchy crust and toppings, decent atmosphere a hockey game too
3. Dominos - often greasy, but better prices than 1 & 2
4. Second Slice - I'd never order their full pizzas, but their pizza by the slice is quite good
4. Little Cesar's - the '5$ hot and ready' is just luke-warm garbage on some crust... but I grew up on it because it's close to home :lol: It holds a special place in my heart, and when I'm in a rush it's great (* For some reason Little Cesar's occasionally becomes number 1 when I have a strange craving for their sauce... it's like crack)
5. Pizza Hut - Just total shit. Won't touch it, I'm surprised the one in the city is still around, nobody goes there

Honestly, 90% of the time I just order from this great, Greek ma & pa place down the road. Better prices and quality. The girlie and I also make our own a lot, it's way healthier and delicious.

Hal-9000
01-09-2012, 07:52 PM
1. Panago - if you're ever up here, give it a try... fantastic, expensive though
2. Boston Pizza - overpriced as well, but great crust and toppings
3. Dominos - often greasy, but better prices than 1 & 2
4. Second Slice - I'd never order their full pizzas, but their pizza by the slice is quite good
4. Little Cesar's - the '5$ hot and ready' is just luke-warm garbage on some crust... but I grew up on it because it's close to home :lol: It holds a special place in my heart, and when I'm in a rush it's great
5. Pizza Hut - Just total shit. Won't touch it, I'm surprised the one in the city is still around, nobody goes there

Honestly, there are a few little places I always go instead. There's this little ma and pa greek place that makes the best deep-dish pizza down the road. It's about 14$ for a medium, but you can only eat 3 pieces! Another great one if you're even in Down town Vancouver is called Uncle Fhaties, and it's both cheap and the most unbelievably pizza out there.

I should have taken a picture of the Boston Pizza swill I ate.....it was a medium pie (for 27 bucks) and had 2 toppings on it.No cheese on top of the toppings, thin crust like the sole of my boot and I don't believe I've eaten a more tasteless pizza in my life.

They really bite out here GF....my opinion is common in our province.

Hal-9000
01-09-2012, 07:56 PM
I know meth heads and squeegee kids who turn down free Pizza Hut pizza when offered :lol:

Godfather
01-09-2012, 07:57 PM
That blows, and it is too expensive. The one in Victoria near the University is a dump, we tried it a couple times but stopped going when the manager was arrested for allegedly selling drugs out the back door :lol: The food was brutal every time

You know what's really funny though.... there are several new ones in Van that opened this past year, so one night the girlie and I couldn't find anything else we wanted and went in there. It was fresh, hot, tons of toppings and the crust was superb! We each had a beer and salad so the total came to $50 which didn't thrill me, but my opinion of their food has totally changed. It seems to vary a HUGE amount from franchise to franchise

Muddy
01-09-2012, 08:37 PM
Pizza Hut was awesome back in the day... Their deep dish with the buttery crust cooked just right... I dont know WTF happened in there..

Hal-9000
01-09-2012, 08:54 PM
I like pizzas with a fairly thick crust and cheese dammit! :x on the toppings....

nothing makes me gag more than a thin crust pizza, no cheese and the toppings are naked on top.Pizza Hut tends to measure 1/2 gram of this, 1/4 gram of that and there's really no food there....it all looks like pre-fab chewed up dogfood to me or the toppings are sliced so thin you can see through them.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-09-2012, 08:55 PM
I like pizzas with a fairly thick crust and cheese dammit! :x on the toppings....

nothing makes me gag more than a thin crust pizza, no cheese and the toppings are naked on top.Pizza Hut tends to measure 1/2 gram of this, 1/4 gram of that and there's really no food there....it all looks like pre-fab chewed up dogfood to me or the toppings are sliced so thin you can see through them.

I would easily take a frozen Tombstone pizza over a Pizza Hut pizza any day of the week

Godfather
01-09-2012, 08:58 PM
I would easily take a frozen Tombstone pizza over a Pizza Hut pizza any day of the week

Same... Pizza Hut is inedible. There are some decent frozen pizzas out there I think :lol: I usually throw a few of my own toppings on too just so it's more filling