PDA

View Full Version : Alice in Chains Rocker Mike Starr Dead at 44

Teh One Who Knocks
03-09-2011, 12:02 AM
Us Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/LMBuR.jpg

Former Alice in Chains bassist Mike Starr has died in Utah, TMZ confirms.

According to police, Starr's body was found in a Salt Lake City home Monday; they were called to the house at 1:42PM.

Born in Hawaii, the 44-year-old rocker was arrested in February for felony possession of a controlled substance. According to Salt Lake City police, Starr had six Xanax pills and six painkillers when he was arrested.

"It's a terrible shock and tragedy," his father says of his son's March 8 passing.

In August 2009, Starr joined the cast of Celebrity Rehab, where he sought treatment for heroin addiction at the Pasadena Recovery Center in California. His transition from rehab to the real world was documented on the second season of VH1's Sober House (alongside Dennis Rodman, 49, Heidi Fleiss, 45, and Tom Sizemore, 49).

In addition to his work with Alice in Chains, Starr teamed up with former Rondinelli bandmates Ray Gillen and Bobby Rondinelli in 1992 to form the heavy metal band Sun Red Sun. Joined by Al B. Romano on drums, the band released one album before Gillen died of AIDS-related causes on December 1, 1993; the band broke up shortly after.

deebakes
03-09-2011, 02:06 AM
that's a pisser...

PorkChopSandwiches
03-09-2011, 03:37 PM
bummer

fricnjay
03-09-2011, 04:45 PM
I actually kinda knew this guy. Quite a few years ago before we ended up with the guys that made up my old band I was talking to a singer from LA at the time and he was jamming with this guy and wanted to come down and see if we all had something. We didn't but he was a nice guy, a mess but a nice guy. Great bass player and this is just another huge loss to Alice in Chains. :wha:

FBD
03-09-2011, 06:29 PM
:\
/\

Dr Death
03-09-2011, 06:51 PM
Man...they just can win can they? :(

Arkady Renko
03-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Tragic case of self destruction. What a waste.