PDA

View Full Version : US Marines urinating on corpses

Godfather
01-12-2012, 09:23 PM
I won't bother posting an article, there are hundreds, just googling it.

I'm think this stuff about the US Marines getting in trouble for urinating on corpses is ridiculous. It's just wrong to single them out for this behavior.

I'm not saying it's innocent or 'good', but go read a book written by veterans of tough wars... start with The Old Breed at Peleilu (The Pacific is based on it)... boys get jaded and do some horrible things in war. One story that stuck with me, was of a young soldier mindlessly tossing pebbles into the scull of a dead Japanese soldier. Not maliciously, but just because they're desensitized entirely. Because it's war... it's traumatizing, terrifying, awful, unforgiving.

The public should keep doing what they do, and ignore this – it’s not their place to judge, and it’s that attitude that gets men killed (ie. Lone Survivor’s Marc Luttrell’s unit)

I dono... I could go on for a while, but I think this shit needs to be dropped.

Muddy
01-12-2012, 09:25 PM
This shit happens.. If Im fighting you in a war and I beat you... Watch out... I just may take a piss on your dead body for shooting at me. Mother fucker.

Loser
01-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Piss is too sanitary. We should be drenching their dead bodies in pigs blood. :twisted:

Leefro
01-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Boot on the other foot how would you feel loser ?

Teh One Who Knocks
01-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Hey, if they can't take a joke.....

Piss on 'em :dance:

Loser
01-12-2012, 09:47 PM

Boot on the other foot?

I'm sorry, did we fly planes into their fking towers?

Muddy
01-12-2012, 09:47 PM
I told the guy in the next work space... "Beware... If you ever try and kill me... I will kill you first, and then piss on your head.."

Teh One Who Knocks
01-12-2012, 09:49 PM

Maybe you have missed all the live beheadings these assholes have done....and not just to Americans either :-k

Or maybe in Somalia when they dragged the corpse of a US soldier thru the streets? :-k

Fuck them and their fucking dirt pile.

Leefro
01-12-2012, 09:52 PM
So I can concur that if it is good enough for one it's good for others to sink to their level ?

Pony
01-12-2012, 10:06 PM
The soldiers deserve punishment.

Not for the pissing, for being stupid enough to video it.

Leefro
01-12-2012, 10:23 PM

Exactly and will be punished when found by a Government who want to be seen to be stamping this sort of thing out

JoeyB
01-12-2012, 10:25 PM
Maybe you have missed all the live beheadings these assholes have done....and not just to Americans either :-k

Or maybe in Somalia when they dragged the corpse of a US soldier thru the streets? :-k

Fuck them and their fucking dirt pile.

Yes but see...this is what they do. And crap like what these marines have done ENCOURAGES OUR ENEMIES TO STRIKE AT US. People will probably die because of the backlash connected to what these asshole marines did.

So I can concur that if it is good enough for one it's good for others to sink to their level ?

Many in America forgive anything soldiers do because 'the troops' can do as they please. I find this all shocking...as Americans, we are supposed to be the good guys. I know that this is an attitude plugged into me by being born in 1970 and experiencing as an impressionable child the bicentennial and a wave of patriotism that lasted for years. Nonetheless, I love this country and firmly believe we have an obligation to lead the world in that sense...of being moral and good.

The last decade has been profoundly and unendingly devastating for me...and despite the horrors we commit and have committed, the average American just shrugs it off, or worse, justifies it, or worst of all, cheers it on. Nobody fucking cares anymore. American nobility is all but dead.

DemonGeminiX
01-12-2012, 11:09 PM

Exactly. Idiots need to learn that the stupid things they do won't get them into trouble if they don't record it on video and upload it to youtube.

Leefro
01-12-2012, 11:33 PM
Exactly. Idiots need to learn that the stupid things they do won't get them into trouble if they don't record it on video and upload it to youtube.

Is that where it was uploaded to ?

Godfather
01-12-2012, 11:39 PM
[COLOR="blue"]Many in America forgive anything soldiers do because 'the troops' can do as they please. I find this all shocking...as Americans, we are supposed to be the good guys. I know that this is an attitude plugged into me by being born in 1970 and experiencing as an impressionable child the bicentennial and a wave of patriotism that lasted for years. Nonetheless, I love this country and firmly believe we have an obligation to lead the world in that sense...of being moral and good.

The last decade has been profoundly and unendingly devastating for me...and despite the horrors we commit and have committed, the average American just shrugs it off, or worse, justifies it, or worst of all, cheers it on. Nobody fucking cares anymore. American nobility is all but dead.

Be real... These kids live through bombs going off when they sleep, and grown men trying to kill them close enough in to smell their breath. Their brothers die, they might too - today. Coping mechanisms range greatly - something most never have to test out. Honestly, I can't type dramatically enough to convey the things I've read in some biographies like Tim Obrien's.

We live a sheltered soft little life, free to disect the minute detail of something beyond comprehension 4000 miles away. Life and death, not smilies and pr0n. This stuff isn't to strike the enemies heart, it's the nervous humor of young kids at war. It's not for moral debates, I'd go so far as to call in natural when we subject our people to anything so violent and disturbing. You hear this same thing throughout military stories centuries old, to modern day. It won't change because the last few dozen nice years have given us a cushy world to surroud outselves with.

Muddy
01-12-2012, 11:43 PM
They Taliban says 'meh..'

Muddy
01-12-2012, 11:44 PM
KABUL/WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A video showing what appears to be American forces urinating on dead Taliban fighters prompted anger in Afghanistan and promises of a U.S. investigation on Thursday but the insurgent group said it would not harm nascent efforts to broker peace talks.

The video, posted on YouTube and other websites, shows four men in camouflage Marine combat uniforms urinating on three corpses. One of them jokes: "Have a nice day, buddy." Another makes a lewd joke.

Afghan President Hamid Karzai condemned the video, describing the men's actions as "inhuman" and calling for an investigation, in a statement on Thursday evening.

In Washington U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta telephoned Karzai to denounce the actions in the video as "deplorable" and to say it would be investigated immediately, the Pentagon said. General Martin Dempsey, the top U.S. military officer, said actions depicted in the video were illegal.

Although the U.S. military has stopped short of confirming the video is authentic, the Pentagon on Thursday came close. Pentagon spokesman Captain John Kirby said, "We don't have any indication that it's not authentic."

The video is likely to stir up already strong anti-U.S. sentiment in Afghanistan after a decade of a war that has seen other cases of abuse, and that could complicate efforts to promote reconciliation as foreign troops gradually withdraw.

"Such action will leave a very, very bad impact on peace efforts," Arsala Rahmani, a senior member of the Afghan government's High Peace Council, told Reuters.

More here if anyone really cares..

http://news.yahoo.com/u-marines-probe-video-men-urinating-taliban-corpses-002421198.html

DemonGeminiX
01-12-2012, 11:47 PM
Is that where it was uploaded to ?

Yeah. Youtube and several others that aren't named in the articles I've seen.

DemonGeminiX
01-12-2012, 11:48 PM
8-[

Leefro
01-12-2012, 11:53 PM
Yeah. Youtube and several others that aren't named in the articles I've seen.

So it was very clever to post it onto one of the most popular websites in the world

Give them a Yellow beret

JoeyB
01-13-2012, 12:07 AM
Be real... These kids live through bombs going off when they sleep, and grown men trying to kill them close enough in to smell their breath. Their brothers die, they might too - today. Coping mechanisms range greatly - something most never have to test out. Honestly, I can't type dramatically enough to convey the things I've read in some biographies like Tim Obrien's.

We live a sheltered soft little life, free to disect the minute detail of something beyond comprehension 4000 miles away. Life and death, not smilies and pr0n. This stuff isn't to strike the enemies heart, it's the nervous humor of young kids at war. It's not for moral debates, I'd go so far as to call in natural when we subject our people to anything so violent and disturbing. You hear this same thing throughout military stories centuries old, to modern day. It won't change because the last few dozen nice years have given us a cushy world to surroud outselves with.

These aren't justifications for stupidity like this, or even larger things such as war crimes.

What you have said is justification for not going to war.

These marines have put other American lives at risk. Other soldiers in fact. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

MrsM
01-13-2012, 12:11 AM
These aren't justifications for stupidity like this, or even larger things such as war crimes.

These marines have put other American lives at risk. Other soldiers in fact. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

+1

Godfather
01-13-2012, 12:20 AM

I'm not trying to justify people pissing on one another, I'm trying to say that punishing and investigating these boys is wrong. It IS jutification for not going to war, obviously. It's war that does this to kids. War changes people and it makes them jaded. Place the blame somewhere else, or be a realist and accept that both this and war continue forever. You can't have your cake and eat it too when it comes to deploying teenagers.

Try and see it with that lense before distancing yourself from them and calling it UnAmerican. I always am reading and hearing soldiers saying the 'bleeding heart liberals' don't care, don't support them, don't understand. And as this proves, we're not there through thick and thin, they're right.

This is one instance where it's not supposed to be 'them vs us', but because we're so soft, blind and full of cute ideas about war - it is.

JoeyB
01-13-2012, 06:37 AM
I'm not trying to justify people pissing on one another, I'm trying to say that punishing and investigating these boys is wrong. It IS jutification for not going to war, obviously. It's war that does this to kids. War changes people and it makes them jaded. Place the blame somewhere else, or be a realist and accept that both this and war continue forever. You can't have your cake and eat it too when it comes to deploying teenagers.

Try and see it with that lense before distancing yourself from them and calling it UnAmerican. I always am reading and hearing soldiers saying the 'bleeding heart liberals' don't care, don't support them, don't understand. And as this proves, we're not there through thick and thin, they're right.

This is one instance where it's not supposed to be 'them vs us', but because we're so soft, blind and full of cute ideas about war - it is.

What they did was wrong. War is not an excuse. They should be punished because people will probably die because of this.

And if this photo was of Iraqi troops laughing and pissing on American or Canadian corpses, all the conservatives in our countries would be beside themselves over the 'barbarians'.