PDA

View Full Version : Lawmaker seeks pajamas-in-public ban

Teh One Who Knocks
01-14-2012, 01:07 AM
The Associated Press

SHREVEPORT, La. — Caddo Parish District 3 Commissioner Michael Williams doesn’t care to see people in their PJs, at least not at a shopping center, restaurant or anywhere else in public.

Williams said after seeing a group of young men at a local Walmart wearing pajama pants that revealed one young man’s private parts, he decided to push for an ordinance that would prohibit wearing pajama pants in public.

“Pajamas are designed to be worn in the bedroom at night,” Williams said. “If you can’t (wear pajamas) at the Boardwalk or courthouse, why are you going to do it in a restaurant or in public? Today it’s pajamas,” Williams said. “Tomorrow it’s underwear. Where does it stop?”

Khiry Tisdem, of Shreveport, has no problem going out in his “Family Guy” Stewie pajama pants.

“I wear my (pajama) pants anywhere,” Tisdem said. “I’m an American, and I can wear my clothes anywhere I want. I’m a grown man. I pay my own bills, so I can wear my clothes the way I want. I don’t know why it’s an issue.”

Tracy Carter, also of Shreveport, was out shopping Thursday with her 3-year-old son, Aaron — she in her Valentine’s Day fuzzy pajama pants and Aaron in dinosaur pajamas.

“We all wear our pajamas out,” Carter said. “I can get out of the bed and go to the store, and they’re covering everything. I’ve got a 3-year-old, a 5-year-old and a 12-year-old to deal with.”

One problem with a possible ordinance is what constitutes pajamas. Williams said it could be defined as a garment sold in the sleepwear section of department stores, and violators should not go to jail but perform community service.

“It’s going to be very difficult to enforce the way it’s described, although I’ve not seen anything in writing,” Caddo Parish Sheriff Steve Prator said.

The city of Shreveport has a no-sagging law. In 2011, Shreveport police reported 31 incidents involving “wearing of pants below the waist in public.” Most of those were unattached to other more serious crimes, and the offenders were issued misdemeanor summons, police spokesman Bill Goodin said.

Caddo Parish Attorney Charles Grubb said adopting a parishwide ordinance similar to that of Shreveport police’s is a possibility. Prator said he has not known the pajama pants issue to be a problem in the parish.

Williams plans to poll his fellow commissioners in February, which he hopes will lead to introducing an ordinance.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-14-2012, 01:08 AM
“I wear my (pajama) pants anywhere,” Tisdem said. “I’m an American, and I can wear my clothes anywhere I want. I’m a grown man. I pay my own bills, so I can wear my clothes the way I want. I don’t know why it’s an issue.”

No....no you are not

Muddy
01-14-2012, 01:18 PM
I saw this black chick at the convenience store the other day wearing a one piece leopard print tight pajama thing..... Flicking hot! Now if she had been unappealing I would be complaining... Cause really it was waaaaay too tight.. :d

Pony
01-14-2012, 01:23 PM
I work right by a college, seems the apparel of choice these days is pajama bottoms or sweat pants.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-14-2012, 01:25 PM
I have zero respect for anyone that can't even be bothered to put on a pair of jeans to go out in public. Pajama pants or sweats are nothing more than ultimate laziness.

Loser
01-14-2012, 02:02 PM
I wear both in public :lol:

Why should I dress up for these toothless hill billies I'm surrounded by?

If they can come out wearing sleeveless shirts, reeking of BO, and sporting a fking mullet....I doubt my PJ's or sweat pants are going to offend anyone :lol:

Though, if I hit any town with more than one stoplight, I put on the jeans or BDU pants ;)

Teh One Who Knocks
01-14-2012, 02:04 PM
It's called self respect :|

Muddy
01-14-2012, 02:16 PM
I have zero respect for anyone that can't even be bothered to put on a pair of jeans to go out in public. Pajama pants or sweats are nothing more than ultimate laziness.

To be fair, I think this chick was traveling... it was over the Christmas holidays and she had out of state plates.. So she was prolly just wearing them to be comfy for the ride...

Loser
01-14-2012, 02:42 PM
<----------------

HELLO MCFLY!!!

:lol:

Hugh_Janus
01-15-2012, 08:27 PM

do you put your makeup on as well as dress up when you go out to get millk and bread? :ghey:

wtf is that smiley? We need the prop[er ghey one [-(

Godfather
01-15-2012, 08:30 PM
:lol: I wouldn't do it, it's kind of a high-school kid thing to do and I prefer to look presentable in public... but I think making a law about it is a preposterous waste of time. It's not hurting anyone

PorkChopSandwiches
01-15-2012, 08:32 PM

Exactly. Ill admit my wife will try to pull that shit from time to time. I find if I pants her in public she's less likely to do it again

Hugh_Janus
01-15-2012, 08:33 PM
hi-5 :lol:

JoeyB
01-15-2012, 09:25 PM
do you put your makeup on as well as dress up when you go out to get millk and bread? :ghey:

Oh snap!

I find if I pants her in public she's less likely to do me again

Corrected.

Richard Cranium
01-15-2012, 09:37 PM
I only get dressed up when I go to Walmart...

Leefro
01-15-2012, 09:44 PM
We have a few customers young and old that come in once in a while

I would love to shout

GET THE FUCK OUT AND PUT SOME CLOTHES ON YOU SCRUFFY CUNTS

Godfather
01-15-2012, 09:56 PM
When you see an 18 year old bombshell in a tee-shirt with no bra on and some tight pj's at the coffee shop at 8am, how can you not love that a little bit :lol:

Leefro
01-15-2012, 10:11 PM
Like I said young and old Godfather ;)

Godfather
01-15-2012, 10:13 PM
:lol: