PDA

View Full Version : Woman calls 911 requesting ambulance ride for stubbed toe

Teh One Who Knocks
03-09-2011, 11:49 PM
By Frank Warner, OF THE ALLENTOWN MORNING CALL

An Allentown woman called the city 911 center late Tuesday demanding that an ambulance take her to the hospital for a stubbed big toe. She got the ride.

The woman, 52, first phoned at 11:10 p.m. from the 600 block of W. Liberty Street, according to emergency radio reports. No ambulance was sent. But 10 minutes later the woman called, again seeking a ride to the hospital for her toe.

This time, a city EMS unit was dispatched and the woman was picked up at her home.

"We're bringing in a stubbed toe," a medic radioed the hospital at 11:30 p.m.

"You said stubbed toe?" a hospital worker asked.

The response was not audible.

lost in melb.
03-09-2011, 11:59 PM
Send her the bill :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
03-10-2011, 12:02 AM
Send her the bill :thumbsup:

yep....we have national heathcare and we still pay for ambulance rides here.Coworker had a heart attack this past December and was presented with a 348 dollar ambulance ride bill.

I suggested he call a cab next time :lol:

These people that abuse that service should have to pay more than the actual cost IMO...they need to learn.

lost in melb.
03-10-2011, 12:08 AM
These people that abuse that service should have to pay more than the actual cost IMO...they need to learn.

Even better :) :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
03-10-2011, 12:11 AM
I cringe when I read about those people in drive thu's calling 911 because they're out of McNuggets....

make them pay, then revoke ALL phone privileges for one year.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-10-2011, 12:17 AM
yep....we have national heathcare and we still pay for ambulance rides here.Coworker had a heart attack this past December and was presented with a 348 dollar ambulance ride bill.

As long as I become a 'member' of the local ambulance company ($40 per year) anyone living at my address gets free ambulance trips if they need to call 911

Hal-9000
03-10-2011, 12:21 AM
As long as I become a 'member' of the local ambulance company ($40 per year) anyone living at my address gets free ambulance trips if they need to call 911

That is a good arrangement.

We used to have them covered but something changed.On the flip side of things coworker was admitted instantly, given a room, an operation and follow up care at 0 cost :thumbsup: