PDA

View Full Version : Two Inches Of Snow Turns Seattle Drivers Into Morons

Teh One Who Knocks
01-17-2012, 11:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=r6zlkP8thkk#!

What makes owners of cars with zero winter prep want to commute in the snow, on a hill, is beyond me. Seattle drivers apparently can't be bothered to... umm... is that someone putting chains on the REAR TIRES of a FWD Toyota Corolla?

Now I get it. Seattle drivers can't be the bothered to prep their cars because when they do they just make terrible decisions. Seriously, we go through this every winter Seattle. Read this list and get it together. Or don't get it together and videotape the results. Either way.

:lol:

Shady
01-17-2012, 11:13 PM
I like the SUV at 1:45 that actually knows how to drive. Probably from out of state.

Noilly Pratt
01-17-2012, 11:31 PM
We had 4" and are coping just fine...ish. Not looking forward if there is a dump of snow tonight, though. (I live on the BC / Washington border.)

KevinD
01-17-2012, 11:54 PM
You should see what happens down here. Last time, I just set up a chair so's I could see the highway, grabbed a bottle and some firewood and giggled my ass off for hours.
TBH, I dunno where you could get snow chains or snow/studded tires here. I doubt you could unless you ordered them.

Hugh_Janus
01-18-2012, 12:39 AM
its like that over here every time there's a light dusting :roll:

Shady
01-18-2012, 02:22 AM
It's terrible when you live in a place that's used to getting snow and then all of a sudden you get stuck behind an out of state plate going 25mph under the speed limit...

Godfather
01-18-2012, 02:29 AM
When Vancouver or Victoria (north of Seattle by only a bit) get snow it's a fuggin' disaster :lol: We only get a real good snow fall every few years so most people haven't invested in Snow Tires (myself included), or are capable of putting chains on. Just to make matters worse, the city isn't prepared either, so any time there's a good dump of snow it takes days to clear side streets

That vid is a pretty accurate :lol:

deebakes
01-18-2012, 03:04 AM
:yowza:

MrsM
01-24-2012, 09:36 PM
More from UT

the video starts out slow but picks up, there are 3 curb hits, 1 360, about 6 accidents,3 cars in yards, and lots of cars out of control. Utah snow storm. Even after the drivers were warned not to go down the hill by people at the top and cops

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrJuigh2aCc&feature=player_embedded

PorkChopSandwiches
01-24-2012, 09:42 PM
well that was entertaining

Hugh_Janus
01-25-2012, 07:10 PM
nice vid there, mrsm. Some of those retards were flying down that hill.... loved that white car T-boning itself into that truck :lol:

also, ABS in the snow is freakin scary. I pull out the fuse when its been snowing here

DemonGeminiX
01-25-2012, 09:31 PM
I miss snow.

:(