PDA

View Full Version : Obama makes sure he doesnt have to make choice on keystone before election

FBD
01-18-2012, 05:32 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/2012/01/18/gIQAwoVE8P_story.html

Obama administration to reject Keystone pipeline

By Juliet Eilperin and Steven Mufson, Wednesday, January 18, 11:39 AM

The Obama administration will announce this afternoon it is rejecting a Canadian firm’s application for a permit to build and operate a massive oil pipeline across the U.S.-Canada border, according to sources who have been briefed on the matter.

However the administration will allow TransCanada to reapply after it develops an alternate route through the sensitive habitat of Nebraska’s Sandhills. Deputy Secretary of State William J. Burns will make the announcement, which comes in response to a congressionally-mandated deadline of Feb. 21 for action on the proposed Keystone pipeline.

-----
safely past the time he'll have to actually answer in a monetary fashion for a decision, since any decision would either piss off the unions, or the environmentalists, and he needs every last buck he can get his greedy paws on for his re-crowning.

Muddy
01-18-2012, 05:34 PM
Im voting for Obama over Romney...

FBD
01-18-2012, 05:42 PM
I'm not offended, there's going to be a whole heap of idiots voting for Obama because they believe the anti american bullshit that comes out of his mouth.

I mean, if you didnt understand he's anti american from him talking about "fundamentally transforming" the country, which is basically explicitly unconstitutional...I dont think I can help you, you're probably too far gone and indoctrinated!

Muddy
01-18-2012, 05:43 PM
I'm not offended, there's going to be a whole heap of idiots voting for Obama because they believe the anti american bullshit that comes out of his mouth.

I mean, if you didnt understand he's anti american from him talking about "fundamentally transforming" the country, which is basically explicitly unconstitutional...I dont think I can help you, you're probably too far gone and indoctrinated!

I've had like 4 glasses of Kool-aid already this morning...

Acid Trip
01-18-2012, 05:50 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/2012/01/18/gIQAwoVE8P_story.html

Obama administration to reject Keystone pipeline

By Juliet Eilperin and Steven Mufson, Wednesday, January 18, 11:39 AM

The Obama administration will announce this afternoon it is rejecting a Canadian firm’s application for a permit to build and operate a massive oil pipeline across the U.S.-Canada border, according to sources who have been briefed on the matter.

However the administration will allow TransCanada to reapply after it develops an alternate route through the sensitive habitat of Nebraska’s Sandhills. Deputy Secretary of State William J. Burns will make the announcement, which comes in response to a congressionally-mandated deadline of Feb. 21 for action on the proposed Keystone pipeline.

-----
safely past the time he'll have to actually answer in a monetary fashion for a decision, since any decision would either piss off the unions, or the environmentalists, and he needs every last buck he can get his greedy paws on for his re-crowning.

Temporary job creator...check
Permanent job creator...check
Independence from Middle Easter oil....check

How the hell can he be so against this?

PorkChopSandwiches
01-18-2012, 05:53 PM
Im only voting for Romney if he lets me see his magic underpants

DemonGeminiX
01-18-2012, 05:55 PM

:-k

What's so magic about them?

PorkChopSandwiches
01-18-2012, 05:57 PM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Magic%20Underwear

DemonGeminiX
01-18-2012, 05:58 PM
:meh:

That's the best they could come up with? Talk about missed opportunities.

PorkChopSandwiches
01-18-2012, 06:00 PM
Well, Im sure Wiki would have a better description but they arent available for comment today

DemonGeminiX
01-18-2012, 06:01 PM
You should have just made something twisted up.

[-(

PorkChopSandwiches
01-18-2012, 06:15 PM
I am teh fail

Muddy
01-18-2012, 06:41 PM

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Magic%20Underwear

Wow!!!!! :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
01-18-2012, 06:50 PM
See its beliefs like this that make it real hard for me to take him serious. Like when Bush said he spoke to God and God told him to invade Iraq :roll:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2005/oct/07/iraq.usa

Hal-9000
01-18-2012, 06:51 PM
I've had like 4 glasses of Kool-aid already this morning...

:lol: that was good..

Loser
01-18-2012, 06:54 PM
I'm voting for whoever can get me citizenship into australia or canada :thumbsup:

PorkChopSandwiches
01-18-2012, 06:56 PM
Would you take Mexico

Hal-9000
01-18-2012, 07:00 PM
I'm voting for whoever can get me citizenship into australia or canada :thumbsup:

you wouldn't make it past our border...we have actual gun laws up here :lol:

Hal-9000
01-18-2012, 07:00 PM
Would you take Mexico

I'll take Mexico for 200 Pat :)

Loser
01-18-2012, 07:01 PM
Would you take Mexico

You fkin kidding me? They kill white folks down there :lol:

you wouldn't make it past our border...we have actual gun laws up here :lol:

I would give up gun ownership to get away from idiocy. Yes, it's gotten that bad.

KevinD
01-18-2012, 07:02 PM
I would give up gun ownership to get away from idiocy. Yes, it's gotten that bad.

Well, hold on there lil buddy, it ain't all that bad just yet.

Richard Cranium
01-18-2012, 07:06 PM
Anybody but -0-, what a worthless sack of shit..

Hal-9000
01-18-2012, 07:06 PM
You fkin kidding me? They kill white folks down there :lol:

I'll sponsor you dude.We would have to put you through some training of course...to better fit in with the native population.You Americans kinda stand out....:lol:

Loser
01-18-2012, 07:16 PM
I'll sponsor you dude.We would have to put you through some training of course...to better fit in with the native population.You Americans kinda stand out....:lol:

Blue jeans, tshirts, boots, carhartt jacket.

Isn't that standard attire for the frozen north? :lol:

KevinD
01-18-2012, 07:16 PM
Y'all know what the problem with Mexico is, don't you?

Say it all together now:

It's full of Mexicans....

lol
(Line from Justified)

Hal-9000
01-18-2012, 07:20 PM
Blue jeans, tshirts, boots, carhartt jacket.

Isn't that standard attire for the frozen north? :lol:

wtf is a carhartt jacket??? :lol:

I lucked out and bought a new coat at Mark's Work Wearhouse over the holidays. It has some sort of fancy T-something insulation and it's pretty warm :thumbsup: (on top of my two shirts, my hoody and my summer jacket)

Loser
01-18-2012, 07:25 PM
wtf is a carhartt jacket??? :lol:

I lucked out and bought a new coat at Mark's Work Wearhouse over the holidays. It has some sort of fancy T-something insulation and it's pretty warm :thumbsup: (on top of my two shirts, my hoody and my summer jacket)

http://i39.tinypic.com/6ojudf.jpg

Goose down artic lined mens workwear coat.

Loser
01-18-2012, 07:26 PM
Y'all know what the problem with Mexico is, don't you?

Say it all together now:

It's full of Mexicans....

lol
(Line from Justified)

In the process of watching that from DVR right now :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-18-2012, 07:29 PM
See its beliefs like this that make it real hard for me to take him serious. Like when Bush said he spoke to God and God told him to invade Iraq :roll:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2005/oct/07/iraq.usa

And Obama (who believes in God BTW) went to a church for 10 years where the pastor hates America and white people, so WTF is the difference. Man, it just pisses me off when people nitpick stupid petty things about the candidates when there are actual real issues that are kinda important, like I dunno, maybe the potential collapse of the US economy.

And everyone wonders why nobody of any quality wants to run for president. :roll:

Hal-9000
01-18-2012, 07:33 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/6ojudf.jpg

Goose down artic lined mens workwear coat.

Have never seen one TBH :lol: I have my ol Brokeback Mountain jean jacket that's fleece lined and this new ski parka....

I normally wear one of those plaid lumberjack jackets with a hood....cuz I'm gansta see :)

KevinD
01-18-2012, 07:35 PM
In the process of watching that from DVR right now :lol:

I watched it last night. Am now in the process of rent loading all the previous episodes as I tried to keep up with it, but due to travel, I missed a bunch of stuff.

Hal-9000
01-18-2012, 07:35 PM
And Obama (who believes in God BTW) went to a church for 10 years where the pastor hates America and white people, so WTF is the difference. Man, it just pisses me off when people nitpick stupid petty things about the candidates when there are actual real issues that are kinda important, like I dunno, maybe the potential collapse of the US economy.

And everyone wonders why nobody of any quality wants to run for president. :roll:

What I've never understood about both of our countries is that out of the thousands of potential politicians we get stuck with a handful of mooks....who are only in because of financial support or hidden agendas from supporters anyways...

KevinD
01-18-2012, 07:37 PM
Have never seen one TBH :lol: I have my ol Brokeback Mountain jean jacket that's fleece lined and this new ski parka....

I normally wear one of those plaid lumberjack jackets with a hood....cuz I'm gansta see :)

Carharts down here at least, have pretty much taken the place of Levi's lined jackets. They are more of a canvas/"Duck" outer. They hold up pretty good, and there work pants are good too. I have a long sleeve henley tee from carhart on right now, lol

Hal-9000
01-18-2012, 07:38 PM
I've never worn the duck or canvas clothes...and don't think I will :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
01-18-2012, 07:41 PM

I think religion should stay out of politics, it doesn't bother you when the person running the country comes out and says he spoke with his imaginary friend and together they came to the conclusion to blow up a country :roll:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-18-2012, 07:42 PM
What I've never understood about both of our countries is that out of the thousands of potential politicians we get stuck with a handful of mooks....who are only in because of financial support or hidden agendas from supporters anyways...

One reason aside from being so freaking expensive, at least in this country, is that the media and the spies from the other candidates will climb so far up your ass into your personal life, that nobody wants to deal with that shit.

ZOMG!!!! YOU SMOKED A JOINT IN THE 10TH GRADE!!!!!

or

ZOMG!!!! YOUR SISTER/BROTHER/SON/DAUGHTER IS GAY!!!!!!!!

or

ZOMG!!!! YOU'RE A MORMON!!!!!!

Stupid, petty bullshit that has nothing to do with the office of the president of the United States.

KevinD
I like mine. I have a cheap version (Walls brand: Wal-mart) hoodie jacket I wear when I'm not working and it's a bit nipply. When It get's really cold (sub 0f0 I pull out the insulated bib overalls to go with the Carhart jacket.

Muddy

Wearing "magic underpants" is a is a pretty big issue, man...

Teh One Who Knocks
I think religion should stay out of politics, it doesn't bother you when the person running the country comes out and says he spoke with his imaginary friend and together they came to the conclusion to blow up a country :roll:

Yes, because Bush all by himself decided one day to blow up some country. It's not like it had to go through congress or anything.....oh wait, yes it did and it passed there too. :roll:

KevinD
01-18-2012, 07:43 PM
One reason aside from being so freaking expensive, at least in this country, is that the media and the spies from the other candidates will climb so far up your ass into your personal life, that nobody wants to deal with that shit.

or

or

Stupid, petty bullshit that has nothing to do with the office of the president of the United States.

Exactly. This is why in no way would I ever run for any kind of political office.

Teh One Who Knocks
Wearing "magic underpants" is a is a pretty big issue, man...

Have you ever heard him mention it? Yeah, that's what I thought.

It's people in the media or the people living in their parents basement that have nothing better to do than harp on this bullshit

Hal-9000

or

or

That's exactly how I picture it....we have a leper colony and the only two guys to get nominated are the ones where we're pretty sure that the arms won't come off during the election

Muddy
01-18-2012, 07:45 PM
Have you ever heard him mention it? Yeah, that's what I thought.

it's people in the media or the people living in their parents basement that have nothing better to do than harp on this bullshit

I haven't personally heard him, and why do you have to bring "Harp" into this?

Teh One Who Knocks
01-18-2012, 07:46 PM
I haven't personally heard him, and why do you have to bring "Harp" into this?

:slap:

Acid Trip
01-18-2012, 07:47 PM
Yes, because Bush all by himself decided one day to blow up some country. It's not like it had to go through congress or anything.....oh wait, yes it did and it passed there too. :roll:

Stop trying to impress the common folk with your facts! You need to accept what the media tells you or they shall taunt you a second time!

Hal-9000
01-18-2012, 07:48 PM
Exactly. This is why in no way would I ever run for any kind of political office.

I would :lol:

I know my skeletons well and would love to address a non essential question like PCS and Lance are talking about...

I would shame the asker by disconnecting anything like actual relevance or focus to the problems at hand in the country...

reporter - Mr hal, is it true that you wore women's panties in June of 2008 and danced to Madonna's song Material Girl at a bar in public?
hal - That has nothing to do with unemployment and for your edification...I AM MADONNA you little mudslinging cocksucker.Next question?

Muddy
01-18-2012, 07:48 PM
I had a Mormon living next door to me and that fucker treated my little girl like she was inferior to his little pee pee pants crybaby godly son.... Thought I was gonna tell him to go fuck himself up the ass one day... God damn baby factory over there... Breeders for reincarnated Mormon souls to re-infest...

Hal-9000
01-18-2012, 07:51 PM
*mental note* remove Mormon Tabernacle Choir from iPod playlist

KevinD
01-18-2012, 07:54 PM
I would :lol:

I know my skeletons well and would love to address a non essential question like PCS and Lance are talking about...

I would shame the asker by disconnecting anything like actual relevance or focus to the problems at hand in the country...

reporter - Mr hal, is it true that you wore women's panties in June of 2008 and danced to Madonna's song Material Girl at a bar in public?
hal - That has nothing to do with unemployment and for your edification...I AM MADONNA you little mudslinging cocksucker.Next question?

Next question:

reporter: So, is it true that while performing aforementioned act, you were stoned on some fine colombian?

Hal- Dude, whut? You got a twinkie?

Hal-9000
01-18-2012, 07:55 PM
:hand: I've never inhaled.......

*(chlorine gas straight from the source)

KevinD
01-18-2012, 07:56 PM
:hand: I've never inhaled.......

*(chlorine gas straight from the source)

Hey , no fair quoting Clinton, lol

Teh One Who Knocks
01-18-2012, 07:59 PM
I had a Mormon living next door to me and that fucker treated my little girl like she was inferior to his little pee pee pants crybaby godly son.... Thought I was gonna tell him to go fuck himself up the ass one day... God damn baby factory over there... Breeders for reincarnated Mormon souls to re-infest...

So that means all Mormons are that way then?

We have a part time guy that works here off and on and he's a Mormon and one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

Acid Trip
01-18-2012, 07:59 PM
Next question:

reporter: So, is it true that while performing aforementioned act, you were stoned on some fine colombian?

Hal- Dude, whut? You got a twinkie?

Colombian's produce cocaine not weed.

Muddy
01-18-2012, 08:00 PM
So that means all Mormons are that way then?

We have a part time guy that works here off and on and he's a Mormon and one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

It's that whole cult thing scares me... Yeah Christianity is all about a deity also, but at least it's a main stream acceptable one... These guys can be weird man.. And oppresive to women...

RBP
01-18-2012, 08:04 PM
Wasn't this thread about a pipeline? :-k

KevinD
01-18-2012, 08:06 PM
Colombian's produce cocaine not weed.

When I was a young lad. "fine columbian" most definitely referred to weed, specifically very high grade, as did Maui-wowie

Muddy
01-18-2012, 08:09 PM
Wasn't this thread about a pipeline? :-k

I thought it was about Porkys mailbox..?

PorkChopSandwiches
01-18-2012, 08:11 PM
I love the pet names you come up with for my ass

Teh One Who Knocks
01-18-2012, 08:12 PM
It's that whole cult thing scares me... Yeah Christianity is all about a deity also, but at least it's a main stream acceptable one... These guys can be weird man.. And oppresive to women...

And Catholic priests rape little boys and the church covers up for them.

Muddy
01-18-2012, 08:12 PM
Stink tube of pleasure...

Muddy
01-18-2012, 08:13 PM
And Catholic priests rape little boys and the church covers up for them.

Yeah, but it's main stream.. These guys worship some drunk prophet fucker from Detroit...

RBP
01-18-2012, 08:15 PM
I thought it was about Porkys mailbox..?

Laying pipe in Porky's box? :shock:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-18-2012, 08:16 PM
Yeah, but it's main stream.. These guys worship some drunk prophet fucker from Detroit...

Ahhhh, gotcha...so as long as it's mainstream in your opinion, the raping of little boys and it all being covered up by the church is A-OK.

PorkChopSandwiches
01-18-2012, 08:17 PM

Dr. Detroit?

http://i.imgur.com/EjvEE.jpg

Muddy
01-18-2012, 08:29 PM
Ahhhh, gotcha...so as long as it's mainstream in your opinion, the raping of little boys and it all being covered up by the church is A-OK.

The difference is that "raping of little boys" is and has been condemned. Magic underpants and women as an inferior species have not... Gotta watch these cult members. Lot of power this guy can wield. I'll stick with the Christians over the cult any day...

PorkChopSandwiches
01-18-2012, 08:34 PM
Christianity is also a cult, its all just perception cult/religion are synonyms (http://thesaurus.com/browse/cult)

Muddy
01-18-2012, 08:36 PM
Christianity is also a cult, its all just perception cult/religion are synonyms (http://thesaurus.com/browse/cult)

Agreed, and thanks for the lesson swami. But really, I'll stick with the mainstream cult of Christianity if I have to make a choice on who's gonna run the nukes...

Muddy
01-18-2012, 08:40 PM
Does Ron Paul hate Jesus as much as you do Porky...? You ol' bitter jew.. :lol:

Acid Trip
01-18-2012, 08:42 PM
When I was a young lad. "fine columbian" most definitely referred to weed, specifically very high grade, as did Maui-wowie

Really? I learned something new today. High grade marijuana only became prominent in the 90's. The shit they smoked in the 60'-80's was absolute garbage in comparison.

Acid Trip
01-18-2012, 08:44 PM

Finally, someone who understands what cult means. All religions, by definition, are cults.

PorkChopSandwiches
01-18-2012, 08:45 PM
Does Ron Paul hate Jesus as much as you do Porky...? You ol' bitter jew.. :lol:

He's a doctor, which means he's a man of science, he understands reality.... (he's a baptist, he just likes listening to big black reverends yell at him)

Muddy
01-18-2012, 08:45 PM
CNN email:

The Obama administration rejected a bid to expand the Keystone XL oil sands pipeline.

President Obama said in a written statement the denial "is not a judgment on the merits of the pipeline, but the arbitrary nature of a deadline (set by Congress) that prevented the State Department from gathering the information necessary to approve the project and protect the American people."

The pipeline may not be dead. A State Department memo said "the department's denial of the permit application does not preclude any subsequent permit application."

"This is not the end of the fight," said House Speaker John Boehner, adding that the pipeline was "good for the American people, especially those who are looking for work."

PorkChopSandwiches
01-18-2012, 08:47 PM
Cool story bro

Muddy
01-18-2012, 08:48 PM
:lol: Posted that for Rainbow...

PorkChopSandwiches
01-18-2012, 08:49 PM
back on track ;)

Muddy
01-18-2012, 08:50 PM
He's a doctor, which means he's a man of science, he understands reality.... (he's a baptist, he just likes listening to big black reverends yell at him)

My uncles an MD but he still insists on his relationship with Jesus.. It's weird..

PorkChopSandwiches
01-18-2012, 08:51 PM
Some people have no problem accepting faith as faith even though they are sane/logical people. People like something to believe in, I just prefer reality.

KevinD
01-18-2012, 08:53 PM
Really? I learned something new today. High grade marijuana only became prominent in the 90's. The shit they smoked in the 60'-80's was absolute garbage in comparison.

There was Peruvian as well. but the best I ever didn't inhale came from my Dad's plants in the back yard. (truth) I never in my life bought any.

Acid Trip
01-18-2012, 09:01 PM
Back to the subject of laying pipe...

Spoiler is possibly NSFW

http://www.teamctf.com/wp-content/uploads/hot-gamer-girl-3.jpg

KevinD
01-18-2012, 09:12 PM
Politics, religion, dope, and sex...

Yep, we've about covered it all in this thread, lol

JoeyB
01-18-2012, 09:56 PM
This thread is so full of fail...at least Muddygut was making a few logical points.

By the way, it was a republican trick to try and force a decision on this pipeline without a review. Obama had to reject it, and it was the right decision. I can see the right wing nutcases are flipping out, so I am also leaving this thread before it becomes full of hate. But, the rejection was a victory and I am celebrating it.

Also, God exists, Jesus is a liberal and a hippy, and the republican party over the last forty years has transformed from something decent and worthwhile into a group that only caters to the wealthy and corporate interests, and manipulates misguided conservative Christians.

Bam!

Hal-9000
01-18-2012, 11:05 PM
So I'm part of a cult....interesting

I have always wondered why Atheists feel the need to put down, bash and insult something they don't understand.It seems you need to go out of your way, even in a political thread, to make yourself feel better.It's too bad Atheists can't accept that some people are different than them...and leave it the fuck there.

Hal-9000
01-19-2012, 03:44 AM
dammit...I should add that I like every member of this forum, religious views notwithstanding

:x yes I know, I shouldn't be so militant against people who insult Your name...sorry

FBD
01-19-2012, 12:27 PM
Carharts down here at least, have pretty much taken the place of Levi's lined jackets. They are more of a canvas/"Duck" outer. They hold up pretty good, and there work pants are good too. I have a long sleeve henley tee from carhart on right now, lol

my coz fell 1800 feet down a mountain and the only clothing that survived the fall unscathed had a carhart logo :thumbsup: he even lost a hiking boot!

FBD
01-19-2012, 12:36 PM
This thread is so full of fail...at least Muddygut was making a few logical points.

By the way, it was a republican trick to try and force a decision on this pipeline without a review. Obama had to reject it, and it was the right decision. I can see the right wing nutcases are flipping out, so I am also leaving this thread before it becomes full of hate. But, the rejection was a victory and I am celebrating it.

Also, God exists, Jesus is a liberal and a hippy, and the republican party over the last forty years has transformed from something decent and worthwhile into a group that only caters to the wealthy and corporate interests, and manipulates misguided conservative Christians.

Bam!

yeah, god forbid zero as to make a choice on something! the *only* reason is political, and its bullshit. he's got two groups of people who donate all of their money to democrats, and making any choice will piss off one of them and lessen the number of donations - in a voting year! why are they telling the canadians "dont worry we'll get this done after the election." its bullshit, this guy cant make a right call and stand by it, and its the *very* fcuking reason that he cannot run on his record, because it is absolutely piss poor and full of halfassed political decisions, not to mention outright attempts to undermine the constitution!

yeah it may have been on purpose to force a vote on it, but c'mon, you're saying that like this is the first time its ever been tried in politics!

its baffling how some people form opinions based on a small subset of facts and willfully disregard tons of others.

FBD
01-19-2012, 12:45 PM
http://www.thelookingspoon.com/tlsimages/blog/2012/vote_for_obama_flowchart.jpg

PorkChopSandwiches
01-19-2012, 03:04 PM
So I'm part of a cult....interesting

I have always wondered why Atheists feel the need to put down, bash and insult something they don't understand.It seems you need to go out of your way, even in a political thread, to make yourself feel better.It's too bad Atheists can't accept that some people are different than them...and leave it the fuck there.

I love you Hal, Im just pointing out to Muddy when he calls anothers religion a cult, its the pot calling the kettle black. Since by definition a religion is a cult. So really if you believe in some higher power, I don't see how you can even comment on someone elses beliefs because you think its crazy.

DemonGeminiX
01-19-2012, 03:07 PM
I love you Hal, Im just pointing out to Muddy when he calls anothers religion a cult, its the pot calling the kettle black. Since by definition a religion is a cult. So really if you believe in some higher power, I don't see how you can even comment on someone elses beliefs because you think its crazy.

:lol:

You really need to take a look at some of the crap Scientologists believe in.

Muddy
01-19-2012, 03:14 PM

You're splitting hairs here and trying to make some point with me that hasn't produced a great revelation...

Like it or not, Mr radical atheist... The majority of this country believes in Christianity... Not Mormonism.. Even though by definition all religions are cults... One of them is main stream and accepted as normal... And the other (Mormonism) isn't.. It's just the way it is...

PorkChopSandwiches
01-19-2012, 03:16 PM
How can you "believe" while discrediting everyone elses beliefs? Thats all I'm saying. Because im radical

DemonGeminiX
01-19-2012, 03:24 PM
How can you "believe" while discrediting everyone elses beliefs? Thats all I'm saying. Because im radical

Because they all don't believe in the same thing.

PorkChopSandwiches
01-19-2012, 03:27 PM
Because they all don't believe in the same thing.

So you can see the point Im making or no? Muddys argument is most people believe in Christianity, so it must be the correct religion, and everyone elses beliefs are just wrong...or cultish.

Muddy
01-19-2012, 03:28 PM
So you can see the point Im making or no? Muddys argument is most people believe in Christianity, so it must be the correct religion, and everyone elses beliefs are just wrong...or cultish.

You're putting words in my mouth..

PorkChopSandwiches
01-19-2012, 03:32 PM
Like it or not, Mr radical atheist... The majority of this country believes in Christianity... Not Mormonism.. Even though by definition all religions are cults... One of them is main stream and accepted as normal... And the other (Mormonism) isn't.. It's just the way it is...

You're putting words in my mouth..

Thats how I read this, unless you want to clarify.

Muddy
01-19-2012, 03:36 PM
I just defend Christianity because it seems to be your main target.. And my statement stands.. Magic underpants and breeding to grow host bodies for reincarnated souls to infest is not accepted as a mainstream concept..

MrsM
01-19-2012, 03:46 PM
Just throwing this out there... I think everyone should have the right to believe what they want to. And I also believe that everyone has the right to discuss and debate why they think what they believe is right.

But with that being said - if you are going to tell me why you think you are right - then I will also have the right to tell you why you are wrong.

http://hostingc.hotchyx.com/adult-image-hosting-13/8838christianity-explained-god-demotivational-poster-1198455582.jpg

http://hostingc.hotchyx.com/adult-image-hosting-13/3752religion-gion-gio.jpg

Muddy
01-19-2012, 03:50 PM
Just throwing this out there... I think everyone should have the right to believe what they want to. And I also believe that everyone has the right to discuss and debate why they think what they believe is right.

But with that being said - if you are going to tell me why you think you are right - then I will also have the right to tell you why you are wrong.

Then go vote for the guy in the magic underpants..

MrsM
01-19-2012, 03:56 PM
Then go vote for the guy in the magic underpants..

I don't like politicians that are overly religious. But I would also not vote for someone because of their beliefs.

Muddy
01-19-2012, 04:00 PM
I don't like politicians that are overly religious. But I would also not vote for someone because of their beliefs.

I will... If they are guided by it...

I know what Im getting when I am familiar with a mainstream religion.. (whether Im religious or not) I wont vote for someone or something I don't understand or is part of a small clique. Small cliques don't represent the majority of America..

PorkChopSandwiches
01-19-2012, 04:06 PM
I will be voting for whoever is Jedi

PorkChopSandwiches
01-19-2012, 04:10 PM
http://hostingc.hotchyx.com/adult-image-hosting-13/3752religion-gion-gio.jpg

Im going to print this out and put it on my fridge :tup:

Muddy
01-19-2012, 04:16 PM
Print this out also..

http://i.imgur.com/x3rlg.jpg

PorkChopSandwiches